Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Into the Hornet's nest

Appearance: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I can feel him too."

Valery only briefly looked around at the unconcsious bodies of these masked men. While they played a part in the abduction of the children and maybe even the experiments, they weren't the real problem. It was even possible they were mind-controlled or simplt indoctrinated by the puppet master as well.

So their focus turned to the one truly responsible for it all, and both Jedi had some anger burning in their hearts. Despite it, they remained calm and in control of themselves. They were here on a mission and even though it had personal elements to it, they were Jedi Masters.

"I sense one more group up ahead before we can reach him," Valery said as she pushed forward. But as she did, the puppet master focused on them, and especially the anger he felt from Kahlil after he had to save those kids and protect his wife. A dark voice would reach out.

"She won't leave this place with you." A group of Masked figures appeared at their junction and very suddenly, they all openes fire. But nome aimed at Kahlil. For some reason, it didn't bother them that it left them exposed against the man. They just did what their Master wanted, and looked to provoke him further.

"Love!" Valery exclaimed as she did her best to fight against the heavy presure. But a lot focused on her, and so she needed the help to get through.

"Her mind will be mine, or she will die."

Kahlil_Div2.png

None aimed at him.

Kahlil's eyes narrowed. He didn't bother holding back, instead raising a hand. Their blaster fire, their bodies, all of it froze as he halted their movements. Gripped them through the Force. Put them in stasis. Why were they toying with him and targeting Valery so relentlessly? His silver eyes stared at the trio as he walked forward, hand still raised.

"I choose neither."

Then let his blade harmlessly pass through the masked figures. Knocking them out cold as he had the others. His gaze shifted, focusing again on Valery as he pushed into her mind himself. Used their bond to share his own resistance to the mental assault she was going through.

"You good?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

After the masked figures all dropped to the ground, Valery finally lowered her blade and for a few seconds, she seemed very tense. Her breathing was of course heavier from physical exertion, but it was also her focus. Only when Kahlil pushed into her mind and reinforced it, a strong sense of comfort helped her resist any of the lingering effects from the Puppet Master.

"I'm okay," she said softly but it didn't sound too convincing, so she quickly added a smile, "Thank you, love."

Her blade disengaged and for a few seconds, she turned back to her senses and looked at the room ahead of them, "He's at the top level, so we can take the elevator up. He'll know we're coming, but there is no way out for him. He failed at controlling me, and he can't play into our emotions," she looked up at him, a tired smile on her lips.

"Do you want to lead the way up?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded once, giving Valery one last smile before stepping into the elevator with her in tow. His gaze lifted up, watching as they rose to the top. Side by side, as always. As they should. He glanced to her one last time before the doors opened up and he stepped through. Green blade ignited, held high, scanning the room almost immediately. Always on guard, always ready to defend.

"Come out. There's no where to run."

The two stepped into the elevator and while his gaze shifted up, Valery briefly reached for his hand and squeezed it lightly. She didn't say anything, but when he glanced at her just before the doors opened, she's offer him a smile.

She was both happy and relieved to be standing with him here, especially after what happened earlier.

But finally, the doors opened and the two Jedi Masters stepped into the dark room. Kahlil called out and for a few moments, there was just an eerie silence. His darkness could be felt by both Jedi, and as their eyes were drawn to the source, a crimson blade ignited. However, it wasn't held in a combative stance or directed at the two Jedi.

it was held below the chin of an injured man on his knees, a Jedi. His presence had been buried by the amplified darkness of the station, but now they could feel his pain. It seemed they hadn't been the only ones dealing with these people.

"Oh I won't be running." The puppet master said.

"Now, I suggest you lay down your weapons. Before more Jedi get hurt today." His eyes turned from Kahlil to Valery, who frowned but didn't stand down yet.

Kahlil_Div2.png

A Jedi?

Hostage?

Kahlil let out a sigh. But, he wasn't going to play by the puppeteers rules. Another life threatened. Another person harmed. Kahlil had always strived to be a calm, humble person first. Not a powerful Jedi, not a a prince. But this man had threatened his daughter. Hurt who knew how many children. Hurt his wife. Kahlil let his blade extinguish, leaning over to set it on the ground away from him. While his other hand reached out calmly to the side.

Pressure. Overwhelming and commanding pressure. He gripped the puppeteer wholly and completely, freezing him in place. The silver eyes of the Jedi stared passively as he stood straight again.

"You've lost."

The puppeteer watched Kahlil lower himself with a grin, but the feeling that struck him through the Force seconds later got his eyes to widen. No matter how much he resisted physically or with his own strength in the Force, he was completely pinned down. A spike of panic echoed to the Jedi Masters, and Valery just looked at her husband for a moment.

After a moment, she turned and began to walk toward the Sith and Jedi hostage, hoping to offer help there.

"Have I?" the Sith suddenly asked through gritted teeth, and without any real warning, the Jedi suddenly jumped at Valery. A green blade ignited, meant to cut her head off her torso, but she was focused. With speed and elegance, she went underneath the blade and accelerated to make her own attack, but not against the Jedi.

A powerful kick to the Sith's head knocked him unconscious and broke apart the control he held over the Jedi's mind. The man fell to the floor, and Valery let out a soft breath. Normally, this would have been the moment where she'd kill the dark sider, but she didn't. Instead, she turned to face her husband and smiled at him,
"I know a place where we can take him. He won't ever cause anybody harm again."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil expected it. Two possibilities. The Sith was already in control of his Jedi prisoner, or the one acting as the Sith was actually the prisoner and the 'Jedi' was really the Sith in disguise. It was a trick he'd pull, before. Valery was able to handle it regardless. That's why they were such an effective team. His gaze glanced to the Jedi, then to the Sith. He let the grip around the being go, uncaring of how hard the man hit the ground.

"We should lock them up. All of them. And wait till R6 gets back with reinforcements."

Valery watched the Sith hit the ground hard and held up a hand to summon his weapon into her hand. Disarmed and with his mind-control abilities no longer working against them, he was no longer a threat,
"There's a special place where we can lock up Sith and other incredibly dangerous people. That's where I'll make sure he's taken,"

She looked back at Kahlil and smiled briefly, "The others will be brought to regular prisons for questioning and detainment." That was the huge benefit to them not taking any lives outside well, not having to kill. They could question their captives and figure out if their operation extends past this one station or not.

"For now, we can lock them up in one of the rooms on the station and close the blast doors. When R6 comes back for us, we'll hand them over and we get out of here." She blinked as she realized that she was going through it all like a briefing again, even though Kahlil knew perfectly well what they had to do.

"Heh... it'll be good to get out of here, hm love? I'll uh, finally take that time off we talked about."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not the lava cells right? I heard about it like a child would hear about the boogey man back when I was a Sith." No way those were real. Still, Kahlil let himself relax, finally. The threats were gone. After another breath he turned and lifted Valery into a huge, tight, crushing hug. The danger was passed. All the emotions he felt but rose above bubble right to the surface.

"Ah.. I'm so glad you're safe.."

"No lava cells, but it's not a pretty place," she chuckled that the childhood stories had stayed with him, then clipped the lightsaber she had collected to her belt, "He'll be- aahh!" she exclaimed as his arms wrapped around her for a very tight hug. She squealed and squirmed a little, but very quickly relaxed into his arms.

"Ah.. I'm so glad you're safe.."

"Thanks to you, I am..." she softly hummed while a hand came up to his cheek, her thumb gently tracing along the scar there. She still liked the way it looked on him, and her smirk did little to hide that.

"I love you." She didn't care the other Jedi was there with them — he was mostly out of it anyway — so she leaned in closer and pressed a gentle kiss against his lips. They had gotten rid of this problem together, which meant that their daughter was safe and that they could finally focus on getting a new home together. "...now ease it up just a little, or you might break me in half," she smirked against his lips and looked up into his eyes.

She was being playful but underneath the surface, she was quite emotional too, and he'd know that. This would have gone terribly if they hadn't been together.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He didn't ease up, not for a little bit at least. But eventually he did relent and set his wife down. Smiling sheepishly. "Right." Later. He could hold her again later. Kahlil turned his gaze to the unconscious Sith, who he then picked up with a single hand.

"Let's be done with this."

He didn't ease up.

It was to be expected after everything that happened, so she didn't mind at all. She just kept him close and enjoyed the moment they had until it was finally time to finish this mission up. Later they'd have plenty of time alone, and she was going to make sure they'd take their moment to hold each other and be close for a while.

"We'll lock them up in the hangar with us while we wait for R6. There's nothing they can do anyway," Valery said before she tapped the computer on her vambrace and sent out the signal to their little astromech friend.

The rest was going to be easy — they'd make their way down the elevator and gather up those they had taken out along the way. Luckily, they were all still unconscious, so not much effort was needed to bring them all together within the Hangar. Once done, Valery turned to her husband and looked at him with a warm smile.

"He should be here soon, and we'll finally be out of here." She stepped closer and looked up into his eyes,
"What do you want for dinner tonight? I was thinking we'd pick up something nice along the way. We relax and look at a new home in the next few days," she smirked and briefly turned her eyes out into space.

It was time to go home.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah, right.

Kahlil chuckled a little, shaking his head as he looked out at the stars beside Valery.

"Lets.. Relax first." This whole thing started because they went looking for a home. Maybe later, a day or two at most. Then they could start the hunt again. "I just need to see Vera again."

"If she's not too tired, maybe a family movie night would be nice," Valery said as she stepped close and leaned into him with her side. Together they were looking out into the stars, and within a few seconds, the Bastion dropped from hyperspace and began its approach. It brought a smile to her lips before she looked back at him.

"Just the three of us on the couch, then later just us two~" she grinned at him and spoke with a playful sing-song voice, but finally she did step away to turn to the prisoners. The Bastion was coming in for a landing, so their first job was to bring the prisoners on board and drop them off. Luckily, it wasn't going to take very long, so they'd be together with Vera again very soon.

Then, after a few days of relaxing and having some fun with the family, the hunt for a new home was going to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom