Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Fire (Funeral of Hasjo Hallu)

EP1_ILM_227.jpg

It was on the aquatic world of Glee Anselm that the ceremony would take place. A world full of the man's species, a place that would only serve as a reminder of the great deeds that the Jedi Master had accomplished at such a young age. Even thinking about the dead Jedi sent the Shi'ido into shock, still feeling as if the news was as fresh as the day she had received them, nearly a full month ago. What worried the woman the most, was that there had been no tremor, no indication of the Nautolan's departure, as if he had not wanted anyone to know, except those of his murderer's. Hapes now no longer rung of its beautiful people and lavish lifestyle, all it held in the eyes of the Shi'ido was spilled blood, the blood of a fallen comrade. Hasjo Hallu.

Here on the Jedi's homeworld, a pyre had been set. Damp air surrounded the swamp, being the only area of dry land on the mid-rim world, where the Jedi's body would return to the Force. A make-shift court-yard and pavilion had been erected by the generous people of the neighbouring town, and Hasjo's body had been delicately placed upon the pyre of wood, a blazing torch casting its light over the silver additions that had been made to the life-support suit of the Nautolan. Rasu had thought it best that the suit remain attached to Hasjo, as it had come to represent the Nautolan since his hideous scarring at the hands of the Sith. The heavy armor was just an extension of the being, as a lightsaber is an extension of the arm, and many had accepted this of the Nautolan.

As the sun began to set, Rasu moved towards the pyre, taking shelter under the pavilion. Her skin prickled slightly against the heat that emanated from the funeral torch that would soon send the Jedi to the Force, it's glow turning shadows into flickering demons as the flame was attacked by a cool ocean breeze. The Shi'ido waited, wondering if perhaps any words would like to be shared before the ceremony began. She looked around at those that Hasjo had touched during his life. Those that cared for him the most.

Coming there in her own ship but with [member="Xander Carrick"] with her. Would he speak didn't know for sure but she knew that she had to be here. No matter what happen between them. As she looked on at his suit all she could feel was nothing but empty her eyes full of sadness. Even so after all this time she thought she had gotten over this death. Empathy of all around her could be flowing into her mind causing her more then every to want to reach out to each one that had came. Causing her to lend on Xander more then every now. The bond that they shared now met more to her then one could every know.

As she would wait until others had spoken because she didn't think should be the first one to speak of the dead. All she remember of him of the last few times they had run into each other wasn't the best of turn. Even then she could feel how deeply he cared for her and very concern for her. Even so she knew that she had her reason to the way she had acted.

Even so she had already been caught up with what had happen even those why hadn't she felt him leave the force the way he did. Even so she could think of those time but of the happy times like the first time she seen him and giving him that small peek on the cheek. This bring tears from her eyes. How could she had forgotten how much she enjoy giving those small acts of her compassion and kindness. That what everyone seen her as the kindness and the peace that she brought in everywhere she went. This causing her to grab Xander hand to lace her finger with in his own hands. Had she forgotten really who she truly was to understand deep with in herself. Had she been drove to find out why she had these markings to block everything and everyone from her life. To close herself and open herself up to danger that should known better to get herself into.

Glee Anselm
[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

A day to remember, to love one now departed, to morn and to celebrate.
The day had past in quiet solitude. Now Iella walked through the swamp toward the Pavillion. Alone. The man they had gathered to pay their respects to one she admired greatly, a true Jedi and with unquestionable loyality to her and The Order of the Silver Jedi. He never once looked away from duty or from his purpose which .. was no steeped in fortitude for the fight against the evils of the Galaxy. His sacrifice to his purpose will never go unnoticed.

She did not give attention to the surroundings and for the moment the people gathered .. but remained within herself. The Pyre centered and atop his body, the only light was that from the torch, her eyes remained to the floor as she pulled her cowl over her head and gathered the folds of her cream cloak around her.

Time enough to speak in due course.

All had gathered in the wake of such an event. It was a ceremony where Jedi would lay their respects to one who had dedicated so much of his life to his order, and the well being of those he was sworn to protect. For her, it was more than that, this was her student. Though she wasn't in emotional pain, she was proud to see him reaching a state higher than any of them had achieved. He was becoming one with the force, and she knew that he would be joining the rest of their brothers and sisters for the time being, only until they all met again. There was a motherly bond she felt for him, and with that she taught him all that she knew, and saw him progress just as quickly as she had in her youth.

She stood amongst the others, as her skin grew in warmth from the distant heat of the fire. Her eyes were closed for sometime, just taking a simple of moment silence for one of the Orders greatest members. With the sun setting, her skin began to glow from the light of the fire. Her features just like many others became visible. They all knew that such a service would never go unnoticed.

Even in the greatest of times, Tragic events take place.

These events tested the very core of our beliefs and values. They were trials that we had to overcome as one person, or as one group with one mind. Many things had happened between my first sight of the man, who I had held the highest respect to, and his last breath. Hasjo held the Jedi code like none other. He had preformed in ways that I wished I could have, and he would be missed.

Feeling a hand slip into my own. I knew who it was. Maya and the Jedi Master had fought a while back. And now to see him breathing no air, hurt her in ways that I had felt before. I kept tensing up my jaw to stop myself from shedding a tear. As much as I had killed people, I was still a man with a heart. I cared for those I had worked with. Now that one of them is leaving us from the mortal world, I was on the verge of tears. Though when looking around, I noticed that everybody was just about the same. Turning to Master [member="Rasu Gan"], as she held the torch that would release the Jedi Masters body from the armor and life support system, I simply nodded my head.

"Forgive me, I may end up babbling like a lost babe." I turned from the sight of the Masters around the pyre, and looked at the body and the wooden stature that it laid on. Acting as though I was speaking to him. "I am not one to really talk, but I will do my best knowing that he, Master Hallu, will know that I have an unwavering and inalienable sense of respect for him. He fought bravely at the Temple which caused him to become part machine. Enough so that he was able to continue living so he could prove that he was not done with his work. I felt as though he were an older brother to me, and to lose him is not something I will want to remember. However, I will to honor his memory as a Silver Jedi."

This man deserves more than what was given to him. Even in the state that he was, he still could find the time to influence all that went on. I closed my eyes and tried to not allow the cold clutching of my heart, but instead see that it was open towards the man. Remembering a phrase. "Those who give up their life, deserve it the most."

[member="Sochi Ru"], [member="Iella E'ron"], [member="Maya Whitelight"], [member="Rasu Gan"],

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela stood half in the shadows, watching the flames dance merrily. So unlike the mourners, even those who knew the Master had gone to the Force. But fire and heat were processes of the universe, and it cared little for the happenings of sentients who came and went as the moths drawn to flame came and went, and just as briefly from the fire's perspective.

She had met the general just once, for a lightsaber training thread, yet it still left a small stab of sorrow within her. There was so much he could yet have done, so much he could lived for, But, then he was gone. Not unlike a candle flame snuffed out by a breeze. His light though had been far more vibrant than a candle though, as far as she could tell. He had been a bonfire.

Parmi stood away from the crowd, keeping to the shadowed corners. Her hood was drawn far enough so that the crowd could not see her face, but her eyes were still able to perceive the body of Hasjo Hallu who lay on his pyre. She did not believe it her place to speak whilst the Jedi Masters had not yet paid their respects. Once Xander Carrick had spoken his piece, she shuffled forward. As she stepped into the light, she drew back her hood. Few knew of her among the Silver Jedi. A girl taught in isolation by her master; he who lay before her. She mustered what courage she could find deep within herself which seemed to always be shrinking. Her eyes swept the crowd, looking for the few familiar faces she knew. Hoping that they could provide her the motivation to continue onward.

Parmi addressed the crowd with a grief stricken heart, “My name is Parmi Miemant and I’m here to speak about my Master. We first met when I was eight. He was the one to discover that I was force-sensitive. We did not meet again until the Siege of Coruscant where he saved my life, and the lives of countless others. After that day, he took me as his apprentice. I find peace in the great lengths Hasjo took to help so many - even the Sith. He once told me, ‘I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.’ I believe that the fear of death follows the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. I know personally that my Master was prepared to die knowing that he had lived a complete life. I am saddened that I did not have as much time as I wish to have spent with Hasjo, but I am comforted that in our time apart he was helping others. As a Jedi, that is all that truly matters. At the end of the day, I do not feel short of change for this, for he had did good deeds in his life. In his last moments, I did not feel a sharp stab of fear and pain that accompanied those who’re dying. I felt only a wave of calming harmony that vanished as quickly as it had come. He had died in peace. It was quick, and he did not suffer.” Parmi took a moment of respite as he gathered her emotions and focused her mind. She spoke her final words, “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” The young padawan stepped back from the pyre, recalling the face beneath that helmet. She drew herself back into the crowd, raising her hood once more in an attempt to hide her emotions. She returned to the side of Jora Vao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom