Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Darkness

Unknown Space
851 ABY - Into the Darkness

It was cold.

The blood on the walls was completely frozen, his heart beat at the pace of an exhausted porg, and every single crackle of the fire sent flutters through his heart. The Tomcat sat completely frozen in unknown space, it's power and engine long since depleted. Little was left: all had been taken when they came, whatever they were. Like locusts: they came in swarms, eating anything that stood in their way, be it human flesh or hardened plasteel. The Tomcat was a shell of its former self, the only unvacuumed space was the small upper observatory, and even that felt empty.

Mij didn't recall how it happened, or even how he survived: the only memories that rang through his head were piercing screams and blood-curdling cries. Even now, in the cold, he couldn't imagine anything less frightening. Days ago the teen had accepted his fate, hoped that the embrace of death would take him: but still, nothing. Hunger and thirst cried out through his body, and not even the blood he'd managed to warm had managed to sate his growing appetite.

Perhaps this was the way he was meant to go: cold, alone, and even afraid. It wasn't anything to laugh at, not now. Any Mandalorian would welcome death on the field of battle: this was just dishonorable. Almost all hope was gone until he heard it, the sounds of a ship. Whether it was Illumese Pirates, Sith Merchants, or an entire military convoy: it didn't matter, to live another hour was all that rested on the poor man's mind. He groaned and pushed, but nothing could move him from the walls of the observatory. He breathed in silence, and slowly watched from the open windows as the vessel pushed on and into the darkness. He lifted one finger into the air, pointing weakly towards the ship as it left, his mouth cacked with cracks and dryness, yet words still managed to seep out of his mouth.

"The pain..."

A cool blanket of darkness began to envelop Mij, and his eyes slowly drifted into place. There was no fighting it, not anymore: any hope was sapped from his body, and all thoughts were put to rest. In the ides of darkness, even the bravest couldn't fight death.

Little remained to be salvaged, in his current state, Mij was nothing less than a mess of pitiful scraps. The doctors of the Polyrachis had done their very best, submerged the teen and kolto and hope to all gods that it would somehow fix the immense amount of damage that lay of his body. Bloody bites covered his entire body, he was extremely malnourished: his ribs clearly visible beneath the various layers of Mandalorian armor, and all defined muscle tone was completely lost.

It would be days before Mij finally awoke, lost and confused, at first he attempted to arise but all attempts were put sorely to waste by the pain. "Where am I?" He finally said aloud, although to no one in particular. The room was entirely empty, and the only sounds that filled the void of silence were the beeps of the medical monitors.

Suddenly, a voice boomed into the room. "You are onboard the Polyrachis, a Polyrachis-class Medical Cruiser, medical patient ID-5555-0001B, currently located in the HUK system and en route to the KASHYYK system." The AI paused for a moment, processing the information. "I am Computer-Oral-Response-Automated, codename Cora."

Mij peered around the room once more, taking note to the various cameras and machines that plagued the room. "Alright then," He said towards one of the cameras, "If you don't mind me asking, Cora, where is my clothing? I certainly wasn't on the Tomcat in a hospital gown."

The AI was silent and unresponsive.

Without notice, it began to speak again. "You are a statistical outlier, medical patient ID-5555-0001B, my circuits had much difficulty processing your case into the Polyrachis's data systems. According to all Alliance data, you should be in an induced coma and filled with tubes: yet you walk and talk as if you are completely healthy. More research must be done."

"Stop." He interjected, "Number-one, my name isn't ID-5555-0001B, it's Mij of Clan Kelborn. Number two, there will be no "further research". Once this ship arrives at Kashyyk, I will be leaving."

Cora processed the information. "Negative, Mij of Clan Kelborn, you are to remain aboard the Polyrachis as to limit the chances to infect the planet of Kashyyk with any blood born diseases you may have contracted whilst onboard the Tomcat. "

He gave a deep sigh, and then began to cough violently into his hands. "Perhaps you are right.."

"According to Alliance data, my circuits are correct 99.7778% of times."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom