Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interview Log 002: Pics or it Didn't Happen

Akilah Samara

A
There was no way that could be real. Just no way. "I'll apparate you into the Netherworld." It had to be some holonet troll. Yet somehow Akilah still had doubts. Her answers, though horrific and terrifying, were remarkably consistent with each other. The answers all denoted a mixture of messiah and machiavellian complexes. Then again, there was the #ScrewTheJedi hashtag. And how did a Netherworld Spirit do the survey in the first place? There was just no way. But, it was also said that the Force works in mysterious ways. Could it have let a spirit? Feth, she was starting to believe it might be possible. Akilah she supposed she had little to lose. Anything that could apparate her in could presumably apparate her out, and chances were it was a fraud anyways. But if wasn't she probably needed pictures.

Getting a holocam she fixated it in her office(or spare department closet rather), and wore another go-holo on a helmet. She then set both to record.

"So, this is Akilah Samara here, trying to investigate Force User Culture and it's affect. This recording is probably going to get deleted because nothing's going to happen, but in case it does I figure I should be recording it. On my survey one of the surveyors said to contact her to utter a specific phrase I'd be apparated to the Netherworld for an interview. As strange as that sounds the Netherworld broke Corellia, so I can't discount it as possible. And was it those frat boys I taught Poli. Sci 101 said?" There was a pause.

"YOLO! That was it." The grad student giggled.

"Azor, Nagorath Val'Ryss"

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

[member="Akilah Samara"]

The words lingered in the space in front of the reporter. Then the light from the office flickered. A black mist birthed itself from the cracks in the office door. It bled onto the floor and collected there into a puddle of blackest filth and it shimmered in red shades like a dark sea. Then a body began to form from the deep pit. A silhouette made of darkness emerged, it had an ample female form and then clothes began to apparate until recognisable features began to form.

Wearing dark robes and a dark cloak over, the dark women with a face pale and eyes bright golden stood in complete formation. Yet she appeared partially transparent. Her golden eyes glared at the woman, a pervasive dark aura suppressed the room's light.

"It was you...who uttered my name?" the woman known as Val'Ryss Zankarr, once Darth Hauntruss, hissed at the reporter. "I am Val'Ryss Zankarr, sith lord and known as Darth Hauntruss. Speak and I shall judge."

Akilah Samara

A

Akilah wasn't expecting anything to happen, so when a black mist began seeping through the floors of the room and became illuminated in a blood red Akilah reacted like any of the dumb bimbos in a horror holo would. She screamed in a high pitched yell that didn't effect the woman forming out of the smoke whatsoever. Though the scream echoed throughout the room, no one came, as if the room became shielded from all outside influence as the apparently dead Sith Lord appeared in the office.

"I am Val'Ryss Zankarr, sith lord and known as Darth Hauntruss. Speak and I shall judge." The woman's tone was like that of a snake, a hiss that permeated after every word, a danger untold, yet oddly appealing, as if meant to draw her in.

"I, I , I" She stuttered, before taking a deep breath, then another, and a third. "I am Akilah Samara. I'm a graduate student researching Force Cultures and how they affect the galaxy. I- I wanted to get your opinion because you're a Sith." She said, her words ever trembling, though she managed to push them out. She was in danger now, more than she'd expected. But she hadn't chanted for nothing. People needed to know this was possible. People needed to know what the Force was capable of, and how it affected the galaxy. She'd push on, because if not who would?

[member="Akilah Samara"]

Hauntruss's eyebrow cocked up an she folded her arms together. The sith ghost drifted across the floor dissipating black mist as she strolled closer to Akilah. She leaned in and eyed the young woman.

"Ah yes your survey." Hauntruss chuckled. "Fair enough child. I will answer your questions. But, first we shall do so in my realm."

Hauntruss's hand soon came up and blinded Akilah, the world began to spin and then it suddenly fell stagnate. Removing her hand, Akilah's vision would be open to a hellish black desert decorated in crooked towers sticking out in groups like a misshapen graveyard. Strolling to a black monolith with a groove like seat worn into it, Hauntruss relaxed onto the broken throne and summoned Akilah to accompany her.

"Come, sit." she hissed. "Ask and I shall illuminate."

Akilah Samara

A

Was she shaking? Akilah was certain she was shaking. She couldn't be shaking though, he had to strong, even though this woman had appeared out of black mist into her office. There was a chuckle as the Sith Lord realized why she had "been summoned", and Akilah let out a breath, calming for a moment. Then she heard the line "we shall do so in my realm." and then a hand was on Akilah's face. She wanted to scream, but she was frozen. The world seemed to spin around her until the Sith Lord removed her paloured fingers and revealed a barren desert colored ash and charcoal, with spires extending out in twisted directions, showing an architecture that seemed unnatural.

"Come, sit. Ask and I shall illuminate." The Sith Lord spoke in her strangely seductive hiss, and Akilah was fairly certain she was shaking now. Afraid to do anything but comply she looked and found a seat across from the broken throne, then took a few steps and sat down. Several questions ran through her mind. What are you? What is this? Where are we? Did you take me to a place, or did you warp my mind into thinking we were in a new place? But she wasn't brave enough to ask any of those questions. No, she was, but she wasn't brave enough to hear the answers. At least not right now.

"So, in your survey you mentioned " She had a stutter in her voice she hoped was only slight. "You mention the hypocrisies of the Jedi, and the freeing path of the Sith. Can you go into detail on why you feel theses differences are apparent?"

[member="Akilah Samara"]

Hauntruss could hear her inner questions and sense her confusion. Her slender black lips thinned into calm smirk.

"Great conflict I sense in you. Ms. Akilah." Hauntruss said, "Many questions spin in your mind. I can hear them all, hiss hiss hiss."

The malevolent spirit paused and held her chin in her hand as it was propped onto one of the arms of her decrepit throne. "The Jedi."

"I shall ask you this then, what do you know of the Jedi? What are they to you, a being void of the talent in the force? Peace keepers? Just Warriors? Hiss Hiss Hiss, lies...all lies. They fear losing their power and precious place in this galaxy as much as any Force sensitive who has gained such power. They are mirror to the Sith but they are the same in their ambitions - power. They may call it different things - peace, unity, harmony - but peace by who's will? unity under who's guidance and harmony under who's ideology? Power - power does this and it is power they seek. They are liars."

Akilah Samara

A

"I don't know what they are, I only know what they claim to be and what others claim them to be. Just like I don't know what the Sith are, just what they claim to and what others claim them to be." Akilah struggled to speak, but pushed forward. "But I intend to find out who the Jedi and Sith really are when the lightsabers are off. What their desires are socially, economically, and politically. Why they seek what they seek, and why they are most often defined in relation to each other." Akilah was still shaking, but it was coming easier now. If she could just stop thinking about what was thinking and channel her academic curiosity, perhaps she's have something resembling a peace about what she was doing.

"So Darth Hauntruss. What do the One Sith stand for? And if their were no Jedi what would they do? How would they define themselves?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom