Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Will Come Due

Lord Ghoul

L
Adascopolis

Arctis Genetics was bankrupt. The board would not say as much, not yet, but Akron had seen the look in their eyes.

They were finished.

Well, almost finished.

He pulled the Felucian cigarra from between his lips and blew out a cloud of smoke into the chill morning air. Nothing like dawn on Arkania. Sunlight glinted off crisp, white snow peaked mountains and frozen tundra. Beautiful.

Akron drew in a lungful of air so cold it stung, then clamped down on his cigarra and turned to look at the "expeditionary force" Arctis employed. A bunch of mercenaries. Not Mandalorian, nah, but a real mixed bag. Lot of Thyrsians and Echani. And they were always at each other's throats.

"Listen up, the Bareesh'll be here in a few. You have one job: shoot if shot at. Don't move, don't karkin' talk. Savvy?"

A chorus of grunts. Akron nodded once, then turned around. Here came their speeder.

An open-topped repulsorcraft sporting a pair of huge cannons on either side hovered into view. A balding Aqualish stood at the controls, wearing just an orange blast vest in the frigid cold. Bristly hairs rippled along large biceps. Rodians hung off the sides of the speeder, bobbing their heads to the music blaring from the thing's speakers.

"That's not a speeder. That's a tank," muttered one of the Arctis mercs.

"What the hell are they playing?"

The tank slowed to a halt just in front of Akron and cut the obnoxious music. The Rodians piled off and spread out in a line facing the mercs. Tension hung in the crisp morning air. Except not really. One of the sides had a tank. The other didn't.

Pauul Farrlo stepped out from the midst of the Rodians, bundled up in a park and sporting a pair of snow goggles over his multifaceted eyes.

"Ey, ey, Pointy Ears, let's get ta' the biz and scram before I freeze my gams off, ya' dig? Name's Farrlo and I hear yuz gots a proposal for the big boss."

Ari Zanareth

A
[member="The Arkanian"] [member="Bareesh Kajidic"]

W/The Arkanian

This was a job unlike any other. Anari did not expect to be facing Rodians today, much less a tank. Her hands flexed, fingers wanting, no needing to feel the comfort of her saber. But the commands were clear. Regardless of who the Bareesh were or what they wanted, The Arkanian would be obeyed.

She stood with the other mercs, silent and tall in her green fatigues. Her blue eyes swept the tank, and then the hands of the Rodian Cartel folks.

A show of force was hopefully all it took to neutralize the situation, but they would see. Just in case she started her breathing exercise, to draw the force into her limbs....

Lord Ghoul

L
Akron smiled slowly around the cigarra in his mouth. The Rodians looked half-frozen to death anyway, but of course they brought a tank. Bareesh weren't known for subtlety. Besides, pretty good way to make an impression, he had to give it to 'em.

"Ok, Popsicle. Let's get to the gleam. Arctis Genetics is done. Bankrupt. They aren't going to make it past the next quarter without dissolving unless they get some financing, but nobody in the market will touch them. Too into edge tech."

"Edge tech?"

"Yeah. Experimental cloning. Virus manipulation. The fun stuff. Lenders think they're a liability because of it. Well, that's bad." He blew out a cloud of cigarra smoke. "Bad for the company, 'cause it'll be gone. Bad for me, because I'll have to get a new job."

"Yuz a big guy. You'd land on ya feet, easy peazy."

The Arkanian shrugged. "Probably, but I like this job. Anyway, we've worked with Nar Shaddaa types before and turned a profit. We're interested in a loan. In exchange, your boss will get a certain say in our product line. Get it?"

Ari Zanareth

A
[member="Bareesh Kajidic"] [member="The Arkanian"]

The part about viruses stirred Ari's ears.

So that's what they do? Very interesting.

Already she began plotting ways she could interact with that tid bit. She still stood still, head cocked and looked to see what was going on. Orders were orders. No moving, no talking.

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
The tank coming through and making a slight scene make Chekita thing something was about to go down, but know, they just wanted to talk, what about, she didn't care really, all her job was 'stand their' while the bog boy talked. Though the discussion she got, viruses cloning and other sort of illegal operations, nothing really new in her line of work, in the marketing world it seemed everyone dealt with black market good, why where people so uptight about this one, or was it just to save face.

What ever was going on all Chekita had to do was stand their and shoot anyone that made any stupid movements, or dive in front of a bullet, though she could really go for a smoke right about now, not really a help with [member="The Arkanian"] smoking away with not much a care in the world.

[member="Ari Zanareth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom