Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check - Sovereignty from the Mandalorians?

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
My lovely Hapans,

I was approached by the Rebublic Remnant to see if we wanted "liberation" (for lack of a better word) from the Mandalorian Empire sometime after our dominion with them has completed.

This would take form of the Republic Remnant invading the Mandalorian Empire, preceded by some IC threads for justification.

Please let your voice be heard. All opinions are welcome and we'll go with majority vote on whether this might be a fun storyline and could lead to lots of juicy IC tension between us and the ME in the future (since we're neighbors).

What would be our IC reasons for the Republic coming to Hapes?

Plus an invasion, might now work out well. If the Republic were to lose the Mandalorians could make Hapan lives miserable.

[member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
After thinking about it from a purely tactical stand point…..

This discussion is based on the premise when the current dominion is over.

Right now we are just getting an idea of how the dominion will go.

How the Dominion could maybe could go:
  1. It is just a trade agreement and the Consortium is still in charge of the Transitory Mists.
  2. Rebellion starts and we win
  3. Rebellion starts and we lose
The Odds are The Consortium will not need liberation IC. So the wording would be different. Do we not wish to have the Mando’ade influence IC and OOC after the dom and we have a treaty with them. Or do we want the Mists back and the Mandos have it.

I think around post 50 we will have a better idea our answer would be to the question that has been put forth.
Allana IC opinion if things don’t go well.

If we lose the Mists or somehow do not like the treaty we’re in IC. Yes Allana will fight for her people. It is the people she will fight for and not the land. To her the Mists are worthless without the people of Hapes.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

really it comes down to how the treaty goes. based on what has been said ic and ooc I have serious doubts we're not going to be railroaded into something by the ME... mostly because I have been on the board a long time and rarely do treaties actually go well. IN this case they don't have to honor anything since it is their dominion. once it is cleared they could "kick" the consortium out of they wanted to because they have the mists on the map and do as they wish. Not very conductive to friendly roleplay but it cn be done as such.

FOr a rebellion it would be interesting but they are not always the answer. in all honesty if we rebel and somehow win. they don't have to avoid us. they aren't banned from the hex they can just do a dominion, ignore us and rinse/repeat until they control the hex. So really the only problem is in us burning out trying to repel them while all they have to do is post back and forth to get the minimum and submit it. All of the work falls on us to constantly write the compeling and good story.

Now onto opinions of the republic... I have no idea. if they want to invade the ME then I'd say let them but they barely seem to do much. A few things here and there but their in an area of the map with little to interact with. If they came, invaded really they can slink off back to win or lose their corner fo the galaxy and we are left here where we can be dominioned again and see previous statement about it.

So my opinion is... I'll support a good consortiuma nd story but I dislike pvp in general unless it is with someone I trust. invasions, skirmishes and rebellions where it will be a factor are my bane and I'd rather not be in them.

Beatrix Chaucer

B
Sorry, late to this conversation.

I'd say to first wait to see how the dominion plays out as it concerns the treaty. Ideally, the Consortium should shoot for the best conditions possible to ensure at least semi-autonomy and sovereignty within the ME.

If there is a breakdown in negotiations, then I think it would be fine to start looking into options for resistance.

Cathbodua said:
FOr a rebellion it would be interesting but they are not always the answer. in all honesty if we rebel and somehow win. they don't have to avoid us. they aren't banned from the hex they can just do a dominion, ignore us and rinse/repeat until they control the hex. So really the only problem is in us burning out trying to repel them while all they have to do is post back and forth to get the minimum and submit it. All of the work falls on us to constantly write the compeling and good story.
I wouldn't be so negative. If you could get the same characters/writers behind the previous rebellion to help the Consortium, then there is a solid chance at victory. Then if the Consortium won it could become a Major and avoid being swallowed up in a scenario like you're suggesting. There a few Majors on their way off the map, so it's a good time to make another.

Even if the Consortium didn't go major in the event of victory, I think that would be enough to dissuade the ME from making another attempt at dominion, or at the very least have some second thoughts at another attempt. The fact that they approached the Consortium in the first place about their desires for a dom is proof that they take the group seriously enough not to simply sweep them away. I've never seen it work out well for any Major snubbing an established minor faction within their space.

Melanctha Dallamoor said:
What would be our IC reasons for the Republic coming to Hapes? Plus an invasion, might now work out well. If the Republic were to lose the Mandalorians could make Hapan lives miserable.
Cathbodua said:
Now onto opinions of the republic... I have no idea. if they want to invade the ME then I'd say let them but they barely seem to do much. A few things here and there but their in an area of the map with little to interact with. If they came, invaded really they can slink off back to win or lose their corner fo the galaxy and we are left here where we can be dominioned again and see previous statement about it.
That's the tricky thing involving the RR. I don't see them as having a good IC reason for picking a fight with the Mandalorians halfway across the galaxy, and they're not very active right now.

It would be best for the Consortium to keep shopping around for allies to supplement the RR. I'm sure there are groups out there that would like to see some benefit in helping Hapes.

[member="Cathbodua"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

Allana Badeaux

Well the dom has reached 50 posts. From the story stand point (all IC) the Mandos have just moved to make a economic treaty that will let their ships make quick passage through the Mists for trading purposes and so they can get to Onderon fast.

This was the best case scenario we could have for a straight up dominion. At this point if we talk to anyone or make plans to sabotage the treaty we will be the aggressors. We could argue the point it would be in our right.
However our every action has been to keep war out of the Transitory Mists. If the Mandos break the treaty then we do what we must. But if we’re the aggressors how quickly will the rest of the galaxy see The Consortium as a Neutral none warring culture?

I know we have something to talk about for the direction on this. This does not mean we can’t talk to other faction and try to keep out neutral stance. It does not mean we can’t talk to people and get them to be sympathetic to Hapes wishing to remain neutral.

This does not mean The Duch’as can’t play secretive back door politics subtly putting their own plans into motion.
If we go with a story with Duch’as playing sneaky, please do play it subtly.

My personal opinion we move forward cautiously. I don’t think we wish to try to invoke war as it will happen on our own planets. We’ve kept it out of the mists so far and it does not mean we can’t keep that from happening.

Honestly there is lots of subbing to do before we would even be ready for war. I work really slowly at that stuff. I have commissioned some outside help. Danger will be helping to build two space stations that each one will be at the two gates. These military platforms will have long range sensors so we can have a solid early detection system in place.

I also worked out a commission for starship parts from Mara Merrill-Valkner. She is a wiz at making starship components and I worked out a deal to put these systems on two upcoming mass produced ships in the 500 meter range.

I know there have been some OCC concerns. Really we should be careful how we act OCC wise. Our assumptions could be wrong. They could be right or wrong.

We do have a choice. Do we wish to be inviting and make an effort in celebrative writing? Or do we wish to push something that may not be there? How we act does affect how Chaos will see us. It will also establish us as writers. No matter what happens we’re still a faction no matter what happens IC. No matter what there will be another story angle or arch we can follow.

Be it an established government or freedom fighter with no home we still have that opportunity to make some awesome stories.

[member="Lelani Sevestra"] [member="Beatrix Chaucer"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

[member="Cathbodua"]

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

I support fun more then backroom politics. In fact I dislike it but I also know from being here on the board for awhile that staying neutral and how groups are seen changes with each person. We could do nothing and wait for the ME to decline into minor losing the mists, we could be part of the ME and never actually interact with them. We could interact with them and make it different. They can do much the same, the dominion is theirs the territory is theirs on the map, they can do what they want in faction or private threads. Personally based off of the few interactions and talks with others who have interacted. I don't trust them to involve us in decisions the ME makes of the consortium. That we were included seemed more a token then anything as it has been 50 posts, the dom is minimal to be accepted and the talks have stalled as we have never met we've just exchanged pleasantries. That they launched a skirmish and wrote the aftermath before it reached a second page rping results or actions was annoying. I support the faction as needed.

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] | [member="Persephone Callas"] | [member="Cathbodua"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Let's get some other trade going with folks since we are still our own rulers, and let's do some cultural threads.

And some social threads to interact with others on the board who are looking for a way in to interact with us.

Lelani Sevestra said:
I request a Hapan Religion based upon the All Mother gives to her children. Aka Queen Mother.
[member="Lelani Sevestra"] this could be fun and interesting to see. What are some of your ideas for it?

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] some social threads would be fun

Allana Badeaux

This if fine just remember this. This is optional for faction members to be part of. It will not be some major religion controlling the Hapes Consortium. That means Allana is not going to run around thinking she is a goddess trying to dictate everyone on the idea everyone should worship her.

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
[member="Allana Badeaux"] Yes, Yes, The idea that not everyone has to be apart of it. Just that for those of us that are. And we don't control the consortium its more of. The Idea that without the Queen mother You. The consortium would be nothing without a Queen Mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom