Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check: Rise of the Shadow Collective

RTof24j.png

Hello all! Today I come bringing an idea I wanted to bring up, see if it gets anyone interested for a good story. Something I've been thinking of for a while with the Second Great Hyperspace War in full swing. How y'all feel on bringing back the Shadow Collective? For those that don't know what is the Shadow Collective? The Shadow Collective was a criminal alliance, could even go as far to say a Criminal Empire formed by Darth Maul during the Clone Wars, and led to it's successer state known as Crimson Dawn. Thriving in the chaos of both the Clone Wars, and the early years of the Empire. With the alliance made up of several criminal elements of the Pykes, Hutts, and Black Sun, and Mandalorians from Death Watch. What made it all different from most criminal groups you see was the dark side influence. Of where a group of dark siders themselves be it Rogue Sith, or Dark Jedi took control of the criminal underworld in the chaos of war. Next to the usual criminal activities pretty much took control of the Mandalore sector, and Ord Mantell and created a fiefdom of lawlessness and chaos out of that.

Not sure if the idea will get off the ground, but was curious to see if any dark siders would be interested in this renewed time of war of starting up something to take control of the criminal underworld and see where it all goes? Be it if anyone is interested or not, I am curious where everyone's thoughts are on such an idea.

Cintak Gakon

C
I'm in.

Edit: I should add, It won't be a priority, as I have a growing faction to deal with, but I'm happy to help when I can. That was one of my favorite story arcs

Vesta

V
Yes. I had some ideas I was doing/planning with this character (a Shi'ido) and financial stuff, so this kind of thing would be a nice fit.

Hey! I was looking at establishing some criminal stuff with my character, currently got a couple of threads underway trying to establish things but I'd love to do more. Criminal underworlds and Sith go so well together!

Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel My character Walker Walker could be a good choice to throw at you, as he's a force sensitive who deals with underworld stuff a whole lot. That said I'm not sure how much he'd make it an objective, he does jump around a good bit and tends to avoid tying down his assets to one place. That said, I am ready to make a pirate/merc duo. One is a part of a species that Walker made which looks like Kowakian monkey lizards but are fully sentient and have some power in the force, the other is just a twi'lek captain who can be cruel. The two of them would be intended to act together though I would be making the twi'lek as an npc. Still need to figure out what ship/ships they're using though, and haven't yet submitted them even though I have their bios mostly done.

Also have Fe Tserim Fe Tserim if you want some opposition of some kind. Her business isn't technically illegal in the EE/Zweihander Union but I imagine she wouldn't like running into criminal businesses and might attempt to do something about it herself. Sinn Shak Sinn Shak could be some fun opposition as well, since doing things secretly/discreetly is also important to him but he's for the moral good

Wow! Ngl I didn’t think it would get responses! But that’s very exciting to hear!

Darth Mori

Awesome, sounds like we could make things happen!

Cintak Gakon

Not a problem, I do not intend on having this be a faction just yet, unless people are interested for it! Have this be more about the story first! I love that arc is well, which is why I wanna bring the Shadow Collective to Chaos!

Evelyn Evelyn

What do you say? Ready to take control of the Underworld of the galaxy?

Salis Salis

Either or could do! Could be opposition or a criminal that joins the cause! Something to get some exciting story going!

Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel

Walker and the pirate could both potentially work. If, say, Walker wants in but only somewhat. Basically he wants some profits (and more contacts, always good) and in return he helps establish some small contacts as well as his own aid in things. Depending on where we go with these, could just have one of the contacts be the pirate.

Can always do a mix, have Walker join, but also throw some opposition against them like Sinn going after specific locations or NPC's or something. Although I probably wouldn't have the two fight, Walker's probably more dangerous of the two but Sinn makes a much better assassin/spy.

Master of the Hyperspace Seas
Yes, yes, and yes.

The Shadow Collective was one of my favorite things to ever happen in Clone Wars, and I would love to see it come back.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring as a Private Party, a hat for the Pykes (got a sub coming for them soon), and a hat in for The Exchange.

But I’d be down for pretty much anything involving Shadow Collective. I love to see others with some interest in it as well!

Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel

Cintak Gakon

C
I was thinking. I could get my empire involved rather than using this character..... OOCly it'd keep this from being just a side plot for me, and it would bring more attention to the plot as we have a decent amount of members.

ICly we would do that as a way to control the crime syndicates, so they aren't a thorn in our side. Of course, the syndicates could easily betray us, and nothing has to go as planned.

But I don't want to do that if it isn't your vision of the plot...The Empire only has a handful of dark siders but we are technically "bad guys". If not I'll stick with this character, his story never really got off the ground so it'd be good for him.

Cintak Gakon

I see, well either or. I more or less have this become what Maul intended it to be. Was either a dark side or Sith influence on the wider galaxy at large. Too distracted by all the factions to take notice of the sinister threat rising.

Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

Welcome aboard!

Since there is a few members interested. I could start a story thread within the next day and see where it all goes from there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom