Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check: Rebellion Simulation RP

Hello all,

Mapping is a big deal on this site, but no one seems to do any ground maps, etc; insert myself, an avid table top RP and dice-rolling enthusiast, and a kind of haphazard idea I had.

Would anyone be interested in a Star Wars Rebels styled rebellion RP, complete with ground map, action cards, and some very light dice rolling? The idea behind it is that we all would be regular people starting a rebellion from scratch, trying to overthrow the forces of evil. You know, Star Wars 101. There would be a few caveats to keep things under control (mainly potential work on my part, as this will already be a very intensive side-project).

1) Original new characters, myself included. We're the nobodies: the regular folk. If you're a good guy, you're a farmer or working joe. If you're a baddie, you begin as a nameless soldier in the ranks or something similar. This is the hero story for all of us, and heroes don't start off blowing up the Death Star.

2) One planet. This is going to be largely terrestrial. That's not to say there won't be ships, but most won't have hyperdrives: it would be located on a podunk boondocks backwater world. Rebels would be using second-hand tech, scrounging to survive. The "Empire" has been unopposed for so long it's lazy to an extreme - not even a star destroyer to their name, no heavy military presence (at first).

3) The action cards, map, and dice rolls will basically be the simulation aspect of the RP. They'll dictate things like intelligence, potential SL threads, military or social actions that can be taken, etc. The goal, is NOT to "beat" one side or another. The goal is to create drama, strife, intrigue, and narrative. Basically, the endings are written:
• The baddies "win": the good guys die as martyrs while the others escape off-world, vowing to return as rebellion stirs in neighboring systems.
• The goodies "win": the rebellion overthrows the military occupation of the planet, the capital celebrates, people kiss in the square. But a massive fleet is exiting hyperspace, their IFFs signaling they belong to the main Imperial force.

Thoughts? Comments? Input?

Amaran rogue investigator, slicer and researcher
While I'm currently otherwise engaged on-forum and in-life, the idea appeals, even if I don't have the proper free time, for now. However, I do very much hope you lot have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom