Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Group Training in Alchemy/Sorcery

Hey all,

I want us to get our Dominions of Gratos and Mayferria locked up first, but once they're finished, I'm planning on doing another group training thread, like the Alchemy one set at the Temple of Pain, in which Sage taught a beginner's lesson on how to make amulets.

I wanted to find out what you guys would rather learn. Here are some choices:

1. Sithspawning (Not for beginners, High Apprentice and above)
2. Incantations (Knight level or above). This would be stuff like Sutta Chwituskak, Odoijina, or Dwomutisiqsa

Open to your suggestions as well!

[member="Sage Bane"]

I think for a mass training to cover the largest group Incantations would probably be the best focus. It has been a popular choice as of late with new apprentices wanting to learn sorcery.

Sithspawning while still being brought up seems to be a smaller group. That being said no matter which you chose Vengeance will most likely be there.

[member="Sage Bane"]

One of Ferus's weakness is a lack of knowledge on spells. Most he knows is the spear of midnight, and only because it was used to kill one of his old bodies.

I'm down with learning the space magicz.

Rapax

R
After i get the rp started where naga is freed and rejoins the sith i may have him stop by along with Vandra my Acolyte.

Naga might be able to throw out some pointers for the young as well as hone his skills at sorcery after being stuck in a prison for years [member="Sage Bane"]

Of course gratos must be finished before vandra can take part given shes apart of the dominion

[member="Sage Bane"]

It's always good for Greta to learn more skills, so she'll be there. Learning new stuff is always good. Adds new weapons to her arsenal. I would be there for either. ;)

[member="Sage Bane"]

I have an idea for a familiar in my head, which I really want to get out there. (Not at all inspired by your own Hadzuka Rowa *cough*) So in light of this and further sithspawning, I would love to get in on some basics.

[member="Sage Bane"]

I think this is a great idea! Sorry for joining up a little late.

My only concern would be that some of these things are pretty powerful and advanced, as well as easily abused. For example, someone might walk in to a fight against a Jedi and use Odojinya right off the bat to pretty much win. This issue is mostly fixed by the "Knight rank and up" requirement, though. Just wanted to say that a couple of these are things we need to be sensitive of as writers :)

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

Thanks for the concern. My feeling is: that these are canon powers that we can legitimately train in, and they add an interesting flavor to our characters beyond the idea of "winning" or "losing." Being able to RP out the casting of a Bolt of Hatred or a dark side web allows the writer a world of creativity that goes way beyond "I swing my lightsaber." I would hate to see us limiting ourselves as writers because some writers get godmodey.

I think it's safe to say that a well-trained Jedi of equal skill would be able to thwart an attack of Odojinya several different ways. And as always, the writer's victim could choose to take or not take damage from the spell however they see fit.

Just my two cents.

[member="Sage Bane"]

I very much understand where you're coming from on this, and like I said, I'm not trying to discourage you from doing this. It's a great idea, and generous of you to teach these classes. Just wanted to point out that some of these things are pretty powerful, and we just need to be careful as to how and how often we wield them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom