Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check - Galactic Series of Sabacc

Azalus Waba

A Dangerous Wish
Hey guys,
Idea hit me recently that I am still not sure how to make work. However, before investing a bunch of time into mechanics I wanted to throw the idea out there to see if there was even any interest. I was thinking of creating a Sabacc Tournament a la the World Series of Poker. Let me know what you think. If you have ideas for how to make it work please share as I've just started research. If this has been done previously let me know how it turned out.

I probably would just maybe not on this character. Need to look up the rules myself I don't rememeber how complicated it was. I have a few that might fit though. There is at least an on forum dice system. I really wish there was a multiplayer pazaak/saabac game.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
There is at least an on forum dice system.

Azalus Waba Azalus Waba I love that you're digging into this. I've chewed on it a bit and haven't got farther than 'there's probably a way to approximate sabacc turns with the dice system, random chance with a little bit of decision-making worked in,' like I did with the Hoth Rules for podracing. It'd be more complicated but maybe not by much.

Azalus Waba Azalus Waba I love that you're digging into this. I've chewed on it a bit and haven't got farther than 'there's probably a way to approximate sabacc turns with the dice system, random chance with a little bit of decision-making worked in,' like I did with the Hoth Rules for podracing. It'd be more complicated but maybe not by much.
Something like that isn't a bad idea. Unfortunately more in depth systems probably need to be done via discord and discord bots, assuming you don't plan on making a full website or something lol. It does seem like it could mostly be done with dice to determine what cards you have actually. I don't know if the card list goes all the way from -23 and adds one all the way to 23. Or if you need some special system. But something like that is an option. Or you could say players need to be vague about how their changes work out, and at the end of the full game (unless someone crits and gets an idiots array maybe?) you give them the score of how close they got to the 23/-23?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom