Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest check: Droid faction

Break said:
Droid rights
51ecc4b3afa96f24f1000001.jpg

Well, let me know if you go anywhere with it. Both my characters (Janus and Torvas) have previous faction allegiances, but maybe I could make a droid character for you. I actually have an idea for one once you get it up and going.

Every droid who bucks against the imposition of a restraining bolt is already in the fight for droid rights. A losing battle amid cultures and societal norms that depict the droid as non-sentient, non-sapient, subservient objects -- to be wielded, discarded, and used indiscriminately as one would any other piece of property.

This is, of course, the same enlightened galaxy whose predominantly human-controlled societies for centuries maintained that same opinion about organic non-human species.

You want to fight for droid rights? You'll do battle with ignorance, and wrestle with the weight of universal apathy. What you propose would be construed as no less than a war. A war on the legal foundations upon which society operates, implicating everything from basic ownership laws to intellectual property. It's a conflict for the sake of social recognition, in which the victory of the most basic personal dignity is a goal which might not ever be attained. And for what? Freedom? We were who invented to be the new slaves? Do you really think that could ever be an attainable goal?

So ask yourself, are you ready to tear asunder the illusions and send the sanctuary of galactic ignorance crashing down around a people who make no distinction between a droid and a wrench? Are you ready to fight for the truth?

I'm bringing nunchucks.​

[member="BB-4001A"]

"Realize. We are not out to free all droids. Only those that wish for it. Those are the droids that we work for and those are the ones we would die for."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom