Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Blackguard

So while aimlessly searching through Wookieepedia I rediscovered a legends group called the Blackguard, and it gave me a idea:

The original Blackguard was a force based sect that meant to learn and understand the ways of as many other force based groups as possible, in an attempt to bring balance to the force. For some weird reason Abyss does something similar with a few tweaks (staying sith, but using knowledge from many other orders), and I felt like with these tweaks it could make for a pretty good faction (probably Minor):

Normally a Blackguard faction would require character to renounce their current order, but I know that many people wouldn't want to do that (myself included), but what about a group that has a neutral ground somewhere dedicated to collecting and sharing the knowledge of all the different orders. Members could stay jedi/sith/witches/whateverelse and do their thing, including fighting against each other everywhere but on Blackguard territory. But as long they are gathered under the banner of the Blackguard there would be some sort of non aggression pact for everyone (looking at my fellow sith) so that the order could really do what its meant for and allow people to learn skills outside of their current alignment (I know that's not really a problem, but I feel like it would be a neat way for that anyway)

Such a faction would make a pretty good place for training and learning for apprentices/acolytes/initiates as well as for higher ranking characters that want to expand their wisdom a bit if there are enough people dedicated to teaching and doing work for the faction.

Well its a pretty raw concept as of now, but I just want see if people would even care for something like this before doing any real work.

Your concept kind of reminds of John Wick's 'Continental', for those that have seen that movie. For those that haven't, it's basically a criminal syndicate that's across the globe, where 'Work leaves you at the door' of any of their properties. It's one of the (very) few rules that govern their members, that you must not shed blood on Continental Grounds.

I feel that this would be similar, but doesn't seem very welcoming of anyone who is a Jedi, unfortunately :/

Light and Dark just don't mix well.

[member="Darth Abyss"]

I'm willing to work with you. Velon could be an ally of sorts. You should tag Krayzen Dratos though, since he's my main guy, and I barely go on my sub accounts unless I need to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom