Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Interdimensional Super Spy

Patience

P

FOLLOW DEATH
REALSPACE // LOCATION UNKNOWN
ANOMALIES // Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

center]

The more complicated a person is, the more interesting he is. But at the same time, the more dangerous he is.

After the events of Into the Void

Of all of the errors that Halvar met when the band showed up on the coastline in Oblivion, one stood out like a beacon. The short haired being that stalked behind the group caught his attention and mentally, the Valkyrja made a note to learn more about that one.

So, Patience opted for the easiest option. Follow the error back to wherever he came from. It was easy enough. They just waltzed right through the portal and went where the man went, following closely so as not to confuse one anomaly for another. All of them were the same in essence, all incorrect, fleshy, and somewhat primitive. At least they looked different… sometimes.

As an entity that could recognize death and its various forms and causes, Death recognized itself. Halvar felt drawn like a moth towards a flame to Oleander from the moment they saw the humanoid. It was unexplainable but oddly comforting? They’d never really interacted with an error so intimately before. The usual wham bam conversion or short conversation now evolved into floating just outside of the visible range of light as Patience roamed aboard a ship, lurching as it took off and ripped through an atmosphere.

Though, honestly, sneaking around like a ghost had its perks. Now, it felt unnecessary. They were where they intended to be and so they relaxed and shifted, shimmering into the Anzat’s visible range of light. As a flowing, somewhat living fountain of white, blue, and black, they lounged in the main area of the vessel. Halvar “reclined” floating above the furniture and looking out a side viewport at the distant stars and planets. They could use the break, always collecting souls and creating new things and watching battles unfold in the grand scheme of fate.

A bit of relaxation never hurt anyone.

teal.png

INVENTORY: x | x | x
TAG: Patience
THEME: x

Since exiting Oblivion, actually since shortly after entering that realm, Oleander hadn't been able to shake the sensation of being watched. It'd been a long time since he was on this side of that feeling, probably not since his initial training back on Anzat at least a lifetime ago. A couple of times now he'd caught himself looking over his shoulder or glancing in a reflection, trying to catch whatever was watching him in the act. It was an odd feeling no doubt, for the watcher to know what it was to be watched himself.

The nagging feeling followed him on Kamino where once again he was treated to the constant pitter-patter of rain. He wasn't a fan of it, both the sound and the chill that came with it. But more importantly, the nagging feeling of hunger ate at his being. Too long he'd been there, surrounded by members of the Confederacy that were either bionic or likely to be missed.

Death took a small detour before heading back to his ship. The tattoo on his forearm burned just a tad, almost guiding him in the right direction as he sought out the ideal prey. Someone who wouldn't be missed, who fate and destiny had turned their backs on. Whether or not they knew it yet, all that was left for them was finality, something he was more than willing to deliver.

. . .​

He was yawning when he reached his ship, with meal complete and post-meal drowsiness settling in. That presence was still nagging at the edge of his senses, but far less annoying now that hunger wasn't also eating at him. Sliding into the pilot's seat, he programmed a few directions for the return trip to Naboo, before turning to the droid that had stayed behind, serving as a co-pilot of sorts. "You got this under control, right?"

"Of course Knight Webb. I am programmed for a great many things, including piloting, meal preparation, transla-"

"Yeah, cool, thanks. Wake me if anything comes up, then." He stood once more, head moving from one side to the other, a hand rubbing at the tension that had gathered in his neck. Yeah, a nap was in order. With another yawn, he exited the cockpit, nearly walking past the creature lounging above a seat before he came to a halt, hand slipping to his saber's hilt.

"I don't recall inviting stowaways. Or tourists. Or...whatever you are."

teal.png

Patience

P

CATCH UP
REALSPACE // EN ROUTE TO SOMEWHERE
ANOMALY DETECTED // Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

center]

I cannot stop thinking about death. Death intrigues me.

Patience turned towards the voice, spectral helm tilting as they absorbed the scene in front of them. The man was not startled per se, but he seemed wary. The stance he took combined with a hand hovering above a weapon that Halvar recognized as a lightsaber caused them to pause.

Was this how anomalies greeted visitors? It seemed quite rude and hostile.

Then again, their reaction to the man and his companions when they arrived in Oblivion had not been the most trusting either. The feeling was mutual then. Fair enough.

Their form sat up, floated until it was “sitting” properly instead of leaning above the furniture. < I am no more a stowaway here than you were in Oblivion, anomaly. I am surprised you do not remember me from that realm. We had a brief interaction, though it may not have been on the best terms, > they explained, their voice clipped in the mind of the other.

They started to move once more before pausing a moment, head once more turning to the error. <
I am just going to, uh, “stand up” as you call it. > Best to announce their intentions before the lightsaber ignited and stabbed them clean through. Slowly, eyes still on the man, Halvar floated up a bit and then straightened out the rest of themselves, mimicking the movement that would be made by anomalies to stand. Familiar movements were often the safest, recognizable and unmistakable for what they were.

< I do not believe we have met properly. I am Halvar, you may also call me Patience. I am a spirit from what you know as the Netherworld. I also have a physical form, it appears humanoid. Would you prefer that I shift to that form for your relative comfort? Would that also make you put the lightsaber down? I did not anticipate giving or receiving injuries today. >

teal.png

He stared the spectral being down with an unblinking cool gaze. "I didn't anticipate anything following, much less all the way to this ship." Not with the security that had surrounded the portal, for fear of something making it out, or pit stop he made along the way. And if this one had made it past security, he could only wonder what else had done so as well.

He was as still as a statue as the other moved to stand, save for his head which tilted to the side in consideration. "Take whichever form you please," he stated, "though remaining visible is preferable." His hands moved away from his saber, taking the entity's disinterest in injuries this day as truth, at least for the moment. "The name's Oleander." He could imagine a number of knights who wouldn't wait to hear explanations, only moved to end such a being from the Netherworld. Yet curiosity stilled his hand.

"If you did not anticipate injuries, what were you anticipating?" He asked slowly, hands crossing over his chest. The Anzat was known as an enforcer more than negotiator, words so often coming secondary to action. A part of him had to wonder just what possessed him to ask questions now. "What do you seek?"

teal.png

Patience

P

CATCH UP
REALSPACE // EN ROUTE TO SOMEWHERE
ANOMALIES // Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

6W0lwNX.png

The world is changing and we must change with it.

The spirit gave a nod. < Yes. Well, they cannot stop what they cannot see or feel. What anomalies cannot see, they appear not to believe that it is there. They believe it nonexistent. Clearly, I exist. > Burning eyes watched as the man stood as though he’d seen a terrible monster, a monstrous deer in headlights.

The air about the room was still tense, stretched taut and held there, awaiting the slightest misstep to be the catalyst that brought talk into action. The constriction faded a bit as the man who introduced himself as Oleander moved away from the saber at his side. It was then that Halvar began to change. His legs grew into two distinct limbs, as did his arms, and he began to look like a normal human being. Halvar tilted his neck to each side and stretched minimally before looking back to Oleander, mismatched orbs of hazel and white scanning the humanoid and their surrounding area.

He cleared his throat and made a mental note to remember to breathe, especially as he continued to speak. “I wanted to talk, it is as simple as that,” a warm tone replied. “I was hoping to get to know you. Before Omni, my connection and interactions with errors were positive. I wish to see if that can still be so.

teal.png

"Clearly," Oleander echoed, head tilting to the side. And again, he had to wonder who or what else had left Oblivion undetected. He was tempted, for a moment, to reach for a datapad, drop a message to his superiors regarding the security breach. That would be the official course of action, probably. But Death wasn't the average employee, not when it didn't suit him. He had time and time again earned his place among the Knights Obsidian, but in matters of Oblivion, where the dead walked once more, he had more pressing interests. "I'd venture to guess there are other methods of detection, no? Is that fair to assume?"

With eyes unblinking, he watched the transformation with a keen curiosity. The galaxy had its fair share of shapeshifters, several of which Oleander had encountered in one job or the other. Nevertheless, each being had their own unique flair to the transformation, Halvar included it would seem. Taking stock of the humanoid form now in front of him, the Anzat had to wonder just how similar this being was to the humanoids of this galaxy. Namely, if a being of Oblivion would sustain him like the soup of others.

An experiment for another day, perhaps, or perhaps quite soon if this conversation went poorly.

Halvar's answer to his question had the Anzat's brow furrowing in a momentary confusion. The tension in his shoulders eased, still poised to react in a moment's notice, but relaxed as a short chuckle caught in his throat. "Seems like a lot of trouble for getting to know someone. But sure, I'll bite. One question, though, why me? There were plenty others venturing to Oblivion."

teal.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom