Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Intelligent Borderland Intermediary System Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Intent: This droid is being created as a frame for an AI to be put into development soon. It will be the 'flesh and bones' of the AI's core, thus several are naturally being built for experimental/prototype purposes. I plan to use it in some AI dev threads.
Development Thread: n|a
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Intelligent Borderland Intermediary System Framework
Affiliation: RRDI
Modularity: Full modularity of weapons without the [mounted] tag and certain equipment items.
Production: Unique production of Two
Material: Ceramasteel armor, woven Durasteel hydraulic lines and electric cables, Hi-Output TIE thrusters, Suprasteel core frame, misc parts
Description: The IBIS droid is being developed as a prototype battle droid capable of housing a new AI core. It is built to be extremely light and agile, its armor too thin to shrug off heavier fire such as direct hits from cannon rounds. It makes up for its lack of mass and power with its high adaptability, tactical intelligence and unrivaled agility. Unlike most droids, it is capable of thrust jumps and surface-level flight and is light enough to not sustain damage from moderate falls. Because it is so heavily reliant on two parallel processors beside its brain to maintain stability in motion if not controlled manually by an installed AI. Alone, the droid is actually quite dumb, unable to utilize its mobility to its fullest advantage. Its programming is also outdated. The cost to produce one such droid in its current state is approximately 3.2 million credits; a testament to the care and precision put into producing its unique form.
Classification: Fourth Degree Battle Droid

Weight: 0.5393 metric tons ('empty' weight)
Height: 2.77 m.
Movement: Bipedal/Thruster, Repulsorlifts for stability only
Armor: Grade 4.5
Armaments:
All handheld weapons
Misc. Equipment:
Fourth Degree commander droid brain
Fly-by-wire dual parallel processors
Remote uplinks and hardlock control switch
Monocle long range infra-red sensors
Internal close proximity SONAR
Quadrafocal panoramic video receptors
[Mounted] Dual TIE wing units w/ hi-output thruster
[Mounted] Left arm plasma cutter

Star Wars does not have Gundam-esque battlemechs. I understand the premise is to provide a combat-ready frame for an advanced AI, but this is a picture of a Gundam. Whether or not it's actually from the Gundam series, it's not suitable for Star Wars. Please find a new image.
@[member="Ayña Kottos"]

Now that that's out of the way. The only problem I see with the meat of this submission is the discrepancy between weight, material, and size. For a frame of reference, a 4.45m car is over 1500kg. This is a mech that is smaller and based in flight and thus must be much lighter. I don't think it would be that light, though, and certainly not if it was made out of starship-grade armor. I don't care which part of the submission is modified - the weight or the armor - but as it is the dimensions aren't likely at all.
@[member="Ayña Kottos"]

This is a half-ton(ne) of steel with some open weapon mounts that can be uploaded with a combat AI. It's basically a really big combat droid. Due to the limited production, approved.

If you find an image that isn't a Gundam/Armored Core/BattleTech lookin' thing, feel free to request a submission modification to include it. Just try to make sure it's Star Wars "flavored."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom