Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instinctive Astrogation Control

Although it is notorious to be rather unreliable for its primary purpose, it can nevertheless be used by Force-users for other ends: one could use it to enhance their mental abilities over time. Both my active FUs can use it (Ugohr is to be regarded as inactive at this time), although they seem to reap no real benefit in terms of mental ability enhancement.

But I feel as if some could benefit from the extra mental abilities and maybe learn it from any one of Cathul or Jessica.

Ignore this. But, seriously, stop trying to make your character smarter - they're only as smart as you, at this point!

I should also note, while thinking about it, that this is an active ability. You'd only gain cognitive processing capability while actively concentrating on the use of the ability. It's not a permanent passive skill, and thus does not render you 'smarter' for as long as you live. It also requires large amounts of energy, and is one that can easily fail. Reflect that in your RP.

[member="Tirdarius"] When I said, enhance mental abilities over time, it really means that the cognitive boost provided by IAC increases as one's skill level in it increased.

As for me writing about them using IAC, it gave both my active FUs massive headaches in all instances either one used it, and their own Force-batteries were drained. And they needed detours - they only seemed to use it for long-haul flights, where multiple jumps are required and where having to make detours due to a faulty use can be more easily accepted, and fixed, so they'll have to use it again once a jump ends, since they found it to be highly sensitive to initial conditions. But never, at their own level in IAC, would they make the final jump using IAC in such a sequence.

This whole LFG is about either of my FU characters teaching IAC, if there were PC students actually wanting to learn it for their own intellectual benefits. To the best of my knowledge, active PC practitioners of IAC can be counted on one's hands, and IIRC I am the only writer with more than one.

It's not about making my characters smarter. It's about making the students smarter in a pinch.

Tanomas Graf

T
[member="Cathul Thuku"]

I think you'll find a lack of students willing to learn this because:

1. This is the most specific and useless ability at the same time. Any decent pilot or naval officer has it already, it's called skill and knowledge of hyperspace and its routes.
Please try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom