Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Initiation

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Shai Maji Shai Maji |

Concordia, Urban ruins

Aloy was sat on a duracrete slab that had doubled as the holo-table in her makeshift command center. This command center itself was located in the bombed out ruins of an apartment complex's lobby built for the wealthy of the sith empire. Now it was the place where the Owls planned their next insurgency into Sith held mandalorian space such as Krownest and Gargon.

All around Aloy were Nite Owl commandos dressed in their blue or steel-gray armor as Aloy listened to their Rallymaster speak, The veteran woman standing before Aloy dressed in full red armor, Denoting her rank and role as both military leader and cultural guide to the initiates and Owls.

<"That leaves us with one more, Commander~">

"Shai Maji" Aloy nodded, As did her Rallymaster. "She shed blood with us on Wayland, And has a personal Vendetta against Death Watch after Clan Loc... I'd have words with her. Rallymaster, Bring her to me."

The rallymaster does as she is commanded, Bowing her head to Aloy before turning on her heel and marching out to fetch Shai from the military camp beyond and bring her before the commander, Aloy Vizsla. It was a curious thing, Leading such veteran warriors such as the Rallymaster, Or professionals like the various guards around her. Aloy was... Not a professional. Not in the sense that she had the professional attitude anyway. Violence was very much her profession, As she used to be paid for this. But now she found herself simply serving her people because it was the right thing to do, Leading these fine warriors into battle because someone had to. She wasn't sure she could ever make peace with the military life, A lifestyle she'd always hated and yet found herself both living and preparing others to live by. But she had made peace with one thing; She was proud of the warriors she left.

So, She sat there casually on the table, Sharpening a beskar Kal on a whetstone as she awaited the arrival of the initiate Shai Maji, Who had asked to join these proud warriors herself.
xq1EAHk.png

Shai was still getting used to the base the Nite Owls set up. It was not at all what she expected, but it clearly served its purpose and -if she remembered correctly- there were plans to renovate. She was doing her own thing in the camp of the base not too far from the command center. But she didn't pay that little meeting any mind. She wasn't properly part of the Nite Owls yet, let alone an officer. No, her job at the moment was to do what she promised Aloy back in the village. To help maintain the Nite Owls' stuff when not in combat. She could argue that she had work to do at the factory but she wasn't one for business. That work was left for the people she put in charge for when she was out and about.

Currently she was busy stripping down a carbine someone was complaining about. With her goggles around her eyes she disassembled the weapon neatly on a table while the warrior was hanging around somewhere in front of her. After several minutes of inspecting the weapon she found the culprit. A few wires that had broken loose and was barely making contact. "Found the issue. Did you bash someone's skull in or something? 'Cause I can't see how else you can knock the karking wiring around other than some severe abuse." she spoke up with a raised eyebrow, smirking at the man. The chuckle he gave was enough of an answer. "Easy fix, though. I'll let you off easy this time." she teased as she reached over and picked up a soldering iron. In a few moments the wires were properly secured again and the weapon was reassembled.

"Go play around with it a bit. If it keeps karking around with you, we can do a more thorough job with replacing those components." she explained as she handed him the weapon back. She sat back and pulled her gloves back on with a sigh. In the corner of her eye she spotted the rallymaster coming towards her. "Well I'm popular today. Your weapon acting up as well?" she casually joked with the warrior.

She wasn't exactly expecting Aloy to want to talk to her.

The summon in and of itself was odd. She knew that Aloy would simply come over herself if it wasn't important. Being summoned by a commanding officer to speak with her was not normal. But she didn't question it as she grabbed her helmet and followed after the rallymaster. When she reached her friend she glanced around a bit then back to her. "Something tells me it's karking serious if you're sending an officer to come fetch me." she teased with a grin as she stood a bit away from the woman.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

DDcbYop.png

<"Heh. You know me too well, Initiate"> She chuckled, Still sharpening the Kal in her hand for a moment before finally looking up, Her gaze and expression both hidden behind her visor still.

<"This Is serious. You made a choice when you became an initiate of the Nite Owls, And now it's time you made one more choice. And I want you to think about this Carefully"> Her tone was indeed serious. This decision could be potentially life altering, And she wanted Shai to consider her next move very carefully. And yet, She knew deep down that Shai had already made her choice. This was just theatrics, And yet they would be the most important theatrics in Shai's life.

<"Rally Master. The oath"> She says as she slides herself off the makeshift table, Her cybernetic limb scattering gravel beneath it's claws as she hits the ground walking, Marching up to Shai with the Kal safely held by the blade.

Soon the Rally Master returns with a small holo-projector, The two Nite Owl matriarchs bowing their heads to one another before it is placed on the ground between Aloy and Shai, Seemingly inactive at the moment.

<"Shai Maji,"> She began, Crossing her arms and staring directly into her crimson eyes through the visor <"You have shed blood as an initiate of the Nite Owls. You have fought and killed Dar'manda and traitors alongside your brothers and sisters honorably, Putting your life on the line for the sake of Vengeances... And, A better mandalore.">

<"By creed, You have past the rite of passage via honorable combat, And Officially join The Nite Owls. Are you ready to take The Owl's Oath?">

xq1EAHk.png

Shai blinked at the name. This was definitely not a causal talk. She listened at Aloy as she spoke, the mention of her choice making the hair along her back and neck rise as she folded her arms over her armoured chest. She stood with squared shoulders and watched as Aloy had a holoprojector placed between them.

Aloy started with her talk and Shai quickly realized what this was for. She was going to take the Nite Owl oath.

She remained unmoving as Aloy continued to speak. But her gaze hardened. The mention of the Death Watch reminded her of why she was in this position to begin with. With a deep breath she composed herself and gave a soft nod. "Just one thing. Take the sunbonnet off. I ain't doin' something like this when I have to stare at a visor." she stated with a serious tone. This was a very personal moment for her. And if her friend was going to do this... she wanted to look her friend in the eye.

"Other than that... lay it on me." she finally stated as she held her hands behind her back. This was a big moment. She knew that once she took this oath there was no way back. But she was never looking for a way out. She wanted revenge. She wanted to make them pay. She wanted to see every black helmet on a stick in a field with their corpses rotting in the sun after what they did to her clan and her Alor. She would never have asked Aloy to let her in on this business if she wasn't sure that this was what she wanted.

She was ready for this.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

DDcbYop.png

<"Hmph. Very well"> Kal still in hand, She removes the helmet with a depressurizing hiss, Holding it under her arm and standing straight while staring her ice blue eyes directly into Shai's. For the first time since Shai had met her, Aloy's expression was stern and unflinching, Giving her the appearance of the officer everyone seemingly expected her to be.
Theatrics or not, This was important, And she understood the gravity of the situation.

Her hand slowly rises, Grasping the Kal by the blade and holding it out as if for Shai to take, But she wouldn't just hand it over, Not yet anyway.

"You will grasp this blade by the hilt, But you will not take it for your own until you have taken the oath. You will swear on this blade before all present. You will repeat after me and your brothers and sisters in arms will bear witness to this oath"

The holo projector then comes to life, Casting a the blue glow of a large nite owl emblem between them, Aloy's figure perfectly set between the arching eyes of the owl symbol for a moment before it quickly warps and fades out, Replaced with a line of text in Mando'a, Which appears to be the Owl's oath, Each line numbered 1 through 6.

"I Adhere to the Resol'nare, The sacred law above all others that binds us as Mandalorians..." She reads out the first line, Louder than before so that all may hear her, Drawing in more of the crowd from the outskirts of the command center, And even the encampment outside.

xq1EAHk.png

Aloy agreed to her terms and took it off, revealing the hard and determined face beneath it. Shai would have been taken back if she weren't in this position. But instead, her own cold gaze stared right back. She glanced down as the Kal was held out to her, reaching up to grasp it. She halted when Aloy spoke further. Her gaze lingered on Aloy for a moment before she grasped the hilt and waited for her friend to start the oath.

"I adhere to the Resol'nare, The sacred law above all others that binds us as Mandalorians..." she spoke with commitment as her crimson eyes remained locked onto Aloy's blue gaze. This was it. This was what she asked Aloy for. There was no turning back now.

Out of curiosity she skimmed over the rest of the oath on the hologram, wanting to get an idea of what else was in the contract. Though her gaze quickly returned to Aloy's as she gently held the Kal with her cybernetic hand.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Shai Maji Shai Maji

Aloy's eyes remained fixated on Shai's, Carefully studying them. What she found was a determined warrior, Hell bent on seeing their family avenged. She couldn't fault her for it, And in fact, She believed it would give Shai the drive necessary to truly be a mandalorian. Shai would go from "Not a fighter" to potentially one of the most committed rebels of the whole force, And she liked that about her. She was... Horrified at what it took to bring her into the fold, But proud at how far Shai had come so far.

"I will suffer no outsider to rule mandalore..."

The quartermaster crosses her arms as several Nite Owls lean in a little, Knowing that Aloy had only scratched the surface, That Aloy was now delving into the deeper aspects of her own creed, That while basic, This required commitment to a life of bloodshed, Strife and strict adherence to what the creed declared to be right. Aloy and Darsch had spent much time working on this creed, But Aloy had influenced it to a great degree. She required not only commitment, Not only Loyalty to the order, But absolute devotion to the people of mandalore.

They were angels of vengeance and protectors first. Soldiers second, And shining paladins a distant third...

xq1EAHk.png

Shai could feel the tension around them. She was never one for formal things like this. If Aloy called her over around a corner and sworn her in like that, she wouldn't mind. But to have an entire crowd watching every waking second of their exchange. Her eyes shifted to glance around them but quickly focused back on Aloy as she spoke the next part. Shai clenched the Kal a little tighter but quickly relaxed her grip.

"I will suffer no suo-bleh... she cut out as her tongue twisted, glancing away for a moment as she figured out what the hell her mouth was doing. She looked back to Aloy as she tried to keep the smile suppressed, luckily succeeding in the endeavour. "I will suffer no outsider to rule Mandalore." she managed to repeat without a hitch. She felt nervous for some reason. she figured that it was the crowd but thinking harder, it was likely only the cherry on top.

She had a lot going on. She was devoting her life to the Union at this point. Her company sold directly to the Union, she was pretty much a front line fighter for them as well... and there was the case of her new boyfriend. Her heart was beating faster as her crimson eyes remained locked onto Aloy. With a deep breath she steadied herself as she got ready to repeat the next part.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

DDcbYop.png

I N I T I A T I O N

Aloy could see it in her eyes, The way Shai's tongue seemed to twist. The way her eyes would dart away in discomfort or observe the gathering crowd of mandalorians.
She wanted Shai to feel uncomfortable here. She wanted her to get used to the idea that she would surrounded by warriors like these, And remember this oath for the rest of her life. And this was just the beginning.

"I will protect Mandalore, Her people and their way of life no matter the cost." She continues the oath, Still staring directly into the shistavanen's soul, Making sure she was taking it seriously before moving on to the next.

"The true Mand'alor is my leader. The Commander is his watchful eye, The hand his righteous weapon."

"
I will fight for the freedom and honor of Mandalorians wherever they are for as long as I call myself a Nite Owl."

"I will never endanger innocent lives without cause, Be they mandalorian or outsiders."
She waits till Shai is done reciting the oath before loosening her grip on the Kal, The shistavanen's badge of office, Should she accept her new life with the Nite Owls.
xq1EAHk.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom