Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initial Batch of Specimens

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
Dathomir

It had been a long while, far too long in fact, since he'd done one of his more enjoyable hobbies; using Sith Alchemy on living creatures. Of course, this hobby required specimens in good condition. It was with that in mind that a shuttle modified to transport a single rancor, perhaps with a few eggs in addition. Who knew what he'd be able to gather at this point.

He stepped off the platform, eyes scanning about behind his mask. It had been ages since he'd been on this planet. Or was it 'they', now? He was burdened with spirits, but still, they seemed quiet at the moment, and though he didn't have thoughts to himself, he was able to stay coherent at this point, which was helpful. He walked along the forested planet, smelling the air now and again for traces of the beasts.

As he went, he couldn't help but wonder how the natives of the planet had handled the plague. His wife had joined the nightsisters long ago. Or the one that was his wife. That was another lifetime, now. He no longer had ties to the cult. Then again, they could be useful if 'nurtured' properly. Something to keep in mind, to be sure.

"You know this is a world full of witches, so I hope you didn't think you'd be able to sneak here unnoticed." The little nine year old princess eyed the Dread Master with curiousity. Where most would find fear she found questions and from the questions the need for them to be answered. She held no weapons as with her current training it would do her no good anyway, she had been on this planet for a little close to a year and has learned some quite handy spells.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
A brow lifted behind his mask as he stared down at the child. What was she doing on her own in the middle of a forest? Still, stranger things...

"I know well of this world, and I do not have any need to sneak, child. My business here is my own and I will handle the witches if they come. What about you? Why are you here on your own? I imagine the rancor would be a bigger danger to you than the witches." He continued on his path, not stopping to talk with her. If she was so interested in discussion with him she would have to keep up.

Kiyala smiled as the man kept walking assuming she'd follow, she was starting to like this man already. With nimble yet weirdly gracefully steps she began to walk as to keep up with him. Kiyala continued her light smile even if it wouldn't break through this man's hard shell it would certainly diffuse him for any more unsavory thoughts. Or atleast that was the plan as far as Kiyala was concerned anyway.

"Yes, a rancor would be unideal in my current situation but so would walking up on you like I have I suspect. I learned to think anything that's meant to happen will, if you or a rancor decided to kill me; what could I really do about it?"

She left the question hanging for a second before speaking once more. "Exactly, nothing at all so why would I worry. Plus you may be all tough but I don't think you'd hurt me without reason." She said smile once more before adjusting her robings a little to allow her to better breathe as with her nerves she always seemed to wrap them around her a little too tight.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"That is a defeatist attitude. You would never see a Sith say 'it's out of my hands' when it comes to their own fate. We grow and adapt, and sometimes die, but never without a fight." He shook his head. "Though, you are right. I do not cause pain without reason to do so. Brutality for its own sake serves no purpose. Too many savages in the Sith think it their right to do whatever they please." His voice soured at the mention of the brutality of many Sith.

"Sometimes I wonder if my efforts in uplifting them are for naught, but still I must persist. It's for their own good." He looked over his shoulder at her. "You never answered my question. What are you doing out here?"

"There is truth in what you say, however if the Sith of current don't match your own ideals then how can you truly consider them Sith?" She asked while weaving between the various fauna and plant life alike. Kiyala didn't know what this man had planned and once again she didn't dare try to sense it. This man held power that at this point in Kiyala life's she could only hope to acheieve. Kiyala always found herself drawn to those of power even before she herself knew it.

" However, isn't survival also a part of the Sith lifestyle. Survive one day, walk stronger the next you might say." She looked up at the tall Sith Master for a moment, weaving through the various plants and fauna. Kiyala enjoyed today only because were they currently at was purified by one of the various clans of sisters. It brought a rather sunny day on what normally wouldn't be were she usually resides at.

All the while Kiara merely remained casual in her facial expression, it wasn't an act of deceivery but merely years of politic matter from a younger age than she was now. She could feel but not show, and when in court show but not feel it was a weird concept to say the least.

"So willing to cast me out on my lonesome?" She said delibrately side stepping his question. She then looked up at the man attempting to guage what he was feeling. Honestly, she knew not to use her senses cause even without them active; passively she could feel the vortex of energy within this man.

This in some ways made her think that she was destined for power one day, but she knew to merely take one day at a time. " If I may ask what made you choose this life, surely their were other places and others things to be done that your heart desired? Or does being a Sith mean not having a heart anymore and sacrificing your others wants and needs?" She knew the life of a Sith was hard but didn't consider it to be any harder than

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"Survival is part of every lifestyle save the Jedi. Jedi are self-defeating and a disease on the galaxy, a sickness of the mind. As for why I call them Sith? For lack of a better term, I suppose. They are decidedly not Jedi, they do not inhibit themselves. However, they are not really Sith, as they overindulge recklessly." He sighed, stopping at a small clearing. "They're narrow-minded, is the key problem."

Across the clearing from them was the target he was looking for, a rancor that hadn't quite picked up their scent yet. Large creatures, yet not nearly as intimidating as the beasts of his homeworld. Still, he needed variety. Drexyl alone would not work. From him the Force spread towards the creature, reaching into its mind and attempting to break its will. It looked around in confusion as it sensed the intrusion. Rancor were smarter than most gave them credit, and it turned toward him, upset to say the least.

It tore across the clearing towards them for a moment before a Force push thrown from the Sith master took its legs out from under it, leaving it roaring on its stomach trying to get back on its feet. However, by that time he had broken the mental barriers of the monstrosity, his mind controlling it now. He had done it time and time again, so it was almost predictable. As it stood he turned to the girl, resting his right hand on the hilt of his sword.

"I said I would not harm you, child. Nowhere in that does it say that I will help you, either. I can only assume you're one of the natives of this planet. If that's the case, unless you wish to leave this savagery behind and become a Sith, I have no need for someone to tag along trying to see the galaxy." He let her absorb that as he went over her other question. "As for why I chose this life, it's because of what I knew of my planet's history growing up. Weakness of the Jedi allowed the Mandalorians to burn Onderon. I resolved to strengthen the galaxy, and from my further understanding, knew that I had to help the galaxy achieve ascension. Few truly understand duty within the Sith ranks."

Kiyala listened to him and much more to her amazement she watched him work his way into the Rancor's mind. At first the feat troubled her because the rancor began to charge at them, but to further surprise he swept the feet from under the Rancor. As it tumbled to the ground she could tell by it's sudden docility that he now controlled the beast with astonishing control. However, she found herself frowning as he said he wouldn't train her without her becoming a Sith.

"But I am not a native, I am merely visiting as you are. As for my being Sith, I am a princess so it's only so long with my young age that my parents allow me to roam. I wish to learn under you but I know I can't fully be a Sith and if I leave my parents it would bring too much attention to you and those we may travel with." Kiyala said eyeing him but with a mischevious grin she spoke once more. "But if you don't harm without reason, if I follow and don't become a liablity then we shouldn't have a problem should we?"

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He chuckled. "Sith is not a location. It is an ideal. You can be Sith and live where you want. As for the title, well, Onderon has had many Sith kings and queens, so that's not hard to do either. In fact, it gives you an advantage, I would think. However, if you are to be my apprentice you must follow all of my commands. I need to know you have no reservations. Hesitation leads to death, after all." He nodded and motioned the rancor along, sending it back towards the ship. He was decidedly unsure as to the lack of witches. Were they waiting somewhere? Were his senses off?

Maybe they were just preoccupied with something. All the better for him.

Kiyala found herself so willing to agree but then she had to stop herself. She did in most ways care about her people, however the only way to secure her safety and her planet's safety was to grow strong enough to protect it. She would follow his directions but she hoped she'd have the strength to stop him from killing her people if he ever needed to for some insane ritual. What good was a world and being a princess if you didn't have people to rule over. She nodded her head to him as a sign of fealty and she began to speak, but instead of keeping things serious she decided to at least attempt to lighten the mood.

"See I won't be so bad to have around." Kiyala said with a rather light smile considering the path she was now walking down. She wondered how much could be done that she could handle and how much that she couldn't handle. However, it didn't seem like failing was an option to this man so she'd have to be on her p's and q's.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
With the beast being sedated and strapped into the large cargo ship, he turned to face the child and sat on a tree stump. "I can handle anyone who is willing to learn. Now let's see, where are you from? You say you're royalty, but what planet's? I need to know who I'm dealing with and what political entanglements might arise from this." Red eyes scrutinized the child from behind the fabrics covering his head. A moment later they were looking off into the forest behind her, making sure no one was trying to sneak up on them while he waited for an answer.

"Alderaan. My people live under a slight militant society, which is why while I'm not at your level but I'm no novice to swordplay." Kiyala's ever curious eyes found themselves switching from the now strapped up Rancor and the Dread Lord before her. She honestly didn't know what to expect but knew whatever came wouldn't be easy for her. She song a light note, and the winds briefly picked up and began to flourish about but notably none of the leaves went out anywhere. It was a basic locator spell a witch could use to pinpoint another witch. And since all the leaves never left the area, it meant none were currently lurking about the immediate area.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He grinned beneath his mask. "Alderaan. We remember a time without that planet. Such wasteful destruction that was." He nodded slowly. "As for swordplay, well, that was the majority of my focus when I first joined the Sith. I have since found more use in the Force than I have the blade." He looked back at her. "So what do you know of the Force? What training have you had?"

"Who is this we that you speak off?" It was at first seen as a misstep but as he kept saying it, it had begun to make Kiara wonder. Within her robes laid a lightsaber that only worked half the time, though she wanted to make on anyway. She couldn't help but slightly be energetic as she was about to start off a new chapter in her life. She would be lying if she thought her life and the people she meet are quite different and interesting in their own way. "As for what I know, I know few spells here and there, I know of speed and the basics to telekinesis." It was a deliberate attempt to not give away everything she knew. She didn't feel like anyone needed to know everything that she could do. Brushing her hair out of her face, she began to wonder how far down the road would she have to surpass him.

"But I'm looking to you, to take me to a whole higher level with my skills."

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"The 'we' is part of a condition, do not worry yourself with it." It was, indeed, a problematic condition that would take time to get under wraps, but spirits were funny that way. Power at the cost of solitude. Plus the occasional bouts of multiple personality disorder. Still, worth it.

"In order to take you to the 'higher level', I would have to have some inkling as to what the 'current level' is. At any rate, I would imagine training would be easier on your planet? Unless you're fond of this one and the natives. I'm sure it will be easy enough finding a place in a palace on Alderaan to train you, no?" The Sith stood, looking back to the transport. They seemed ready to leave. Maybe even anxious to do so.

"Well considering my current survival and training relies on your living; I think I should be allowed to worry about you." Kiyala nodded her head to left causing her relatively long hair to sway with her. Kiyala pondered where she would be more comfortable training at, and honestly she'd be more comfortable here. Not only would she keep him away from her people and her parents but she felt a stronger connection to the force on this world. However, he also seemed intent on leaving this world part of her suspected he had a past with the witches; though she would also able to stay around the family of witches she had right now.

"If you preferred to leave then I guess I will have too. However, my visions and my connection to the force feels stronger here than anywhere else I've been." She could feel so much life on this planet and even in the darker areas she couldn't help but feel alive around nature and this planet. It truly was like her home as Alderaan was here true home.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"Let's just say that I do not dwell within this body alone, and, for the moment, have to deal with the butting in of some rather intrusive guests." He sighed. That was putting it delicately. "It will be mended soon, though." He watched her as she seemed to think about his question for some time. At least it wasn't on gut instinct that she made the decision. Good skills for a child to have. "Very well, we can train here. Though I'm not sure the natives will take kindly to it. Be prepared for some conflict if the need arises."

He did have another question, though. "Visions of what, exactly?"

(sorry for being late)

The shadows were a home for many things. Hidden presence and appearance in the darkness of the shadows that nature provided, Petra had enough of studying the Sith that was visiting. Stepping out from the veil of the spell, she made way to the two outsiders. Sith on her world was always handle with some distrust and distain. They have ruined and set witches back often.

Petra had no issue to glare at the man. The child could wait since the Sith was more an issue over the girl. “Well Sith… Should I just gut you or let you speak why it would be better to let you live?”

@[member="Reyven Samoth"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
@[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"]

His initial response was to slowly draw the heavy sword slung on his right hip, twirling it loosely in his right hand once before digging it into the ground and leaning slightly on it. The plant life near the earth where the blade met the soil wilted away from it. "I don't think it would do you well to start trouble here, Witch. I am familiar enough with your customs, I was mated to a Nightsister for a time. I am simply here to take a rancor and, as of now, train this child, whom seems interested in living on Dathomir. I suspect she may even want to join a clan."

His grip tightened on the hilt of his sword, the creak of leather audible as he did. "Of course, if you attempt to do harm to either me or this child, I shall have no choice but to defend myself. I don't know how well your council will look upon me running through a witch, but if it comes to that I have no problem explaining the situation."

As soon as the witch entered their general location, Kiyala was aware by the leaves picking up once more they'd continued to whirl about in the direction she'd came from until Kiyala grew visual awareness of her. Kiyala saw the woman emerged and could feel to great powers of darkness centered in this area, it was too much for Kiyala who fell to her knees and the two superior force users would easily know why such an act happened. She was experiencing the sheer fear and seduction of the dark power both people possessed. She was already just barely at her limit when around Reyven but when the Elder arrived it pushed her to her limits and beyond. She didn't know what this witch had planned but Kiyala was now formally of the Singing Mountain Clan and was quite sure that she couldn't simply be attacked for no reason.

However, she wasn't no where near as knowledgable about the culture as the Elder was or as Reyven now revealed himself to be. This whole experience was disorienting and she found herself somewhat hiding behind Reyven. If she could barely even remain sane around them, she could imagine what would happen if they were to actually battle or worse yet if she was drawn into it. "I am Kiyala. . . of the Singing Mountain Clan. And he may be an outsider but I claim him if I have to if it will end all unpleasantness where they stand." She said finding steel in her voice that she had to draw from her years of political training. However, in truth she'd probably only barely be noticable because both beings would know their power currently vastly outshines her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom