Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Information is Power

Vilhelm Balfour

V
There would be a quiet rap at the door of [member="Seamus Valik"]'s 3 bedroom, 1 bath "office" at Sulon. A look through the office window would show the singular shadow of a lithe feminine form. A listen at the roof would let him hear the rain pouring outside. An open of the door would show olive-green skin, along with an array of geometric tattos that seemed to tell a story. The woman wore a thick coat, and makeup that had ran had ran heavily down her face, yet under her hood she seemed to be have stayed dry in the rain.

"Shadowport investigations?"

Seamus Valik

S
Seamus stood in his bathroom/personal refreshing station. His low grade sonic tooth care device mobed back and forth across his teeth. The rain had been steady all day. He looked in the mirror as he worked lazily at his cleaning. His old dark grey undershirt hung about his shoulders loosely and sported a few small holes from wear and tear.

He had just gotten his business license and spent most of his start up loan on converting a former Tapcaff into a small office/flat. The knock at the door took him by surprise. He had exactly two ads in existence; one of them was on the holonet and one was a 15 second live broadcast advertisement. He knew it was too soon for someone to be coming about a payment for the office. In truth he didn't know who it could be.

He walked toward the door his boxerbriefs covering his posterior properly for cleaning up but not so much for receiving guest. He peeked out the window past the S. I. logo and nearly fell over as he pulled back. He rushed across the office area, stubbed his toe, muffled a curse, and grabbed a pair of heavy fabric jeans from the top of his filing cabinet.

He hopped across the room as he struggled to get his pants on and bumped against his desk. He dropped the tooth care device on his desk and wiped his mouth and beard with the back of his hand. He straightened his shirt nervously and walked to the door, in renewed calm.

He hit the palm pad and the door whished to the side to reveal the olive skinned woman on the otherside.

"Yes, this is Shadowport Investigations." He said a s he stepped to the side and motioned for her to come in out of the rain. "What can I help you with?"

He hit the palm pad as she entered his new office. The filing cabinets were clean and had very few files in them. His desk was clean and orderly aside from the discarded tooth brush which he pushed into a desk drawer with the force while she was looking at him.

[member="Vilhelm Balfour"]

Vilhelm Balfour

V
The woman flowed inside and out of the rain, taking a moment to look around [member="Seamus Valik"]'s office. Her attention was brought to the desk at first, investigating the noise of something seemingly thudding against the metallic desk, yet nothing moved. The office itself was clean, too clean perhaps. Not a speck of dust could be seen in the room, but some things seemed to be missing. There was the desk, the terminal, a few file cabinets and a couch that looked as if it had been through some hard living. There were no pictures on display, no complex maps of holopics and yarn, no personal mementos. The sole source of light was a lamp on the desk that looked to have been a hasty addition taken instead of replacing a breaker.

The woman seemed mostly unfazed, taking a moment after her initial glance to take off her coat and hand it to the Jedi Investigator in lieu of a coat rack. As Seamus took her coat he would see the green skin of her shoulders, left uncovered by a black dress that started an inch and a half below her collarbone. It hugged her frame and traveled down to her hips, before a slit opened up at the top of her right thigh, coming down and fanning out to show the tone of her leg. It wafted down above her ankles, not taking away from the height of her similarly black heels. She stepped out toward the couch and looked as if she wanted to sit, then thought better of it. Instead she opened her purse, barely large enough to fit a commlink, then pulled out a small rectangular case and opened it, bringing a cigarra to her lips.

"Care to give a girl a light Mr?" She let the last word hang, waiting for Seamus to give his name.

Seamus Valik

S
He watched the woman carefully as she walked in. She moved like a woman accustomed to getting her way and seemed to expect the trend to continue. Seamus watched her as she removed her jacket, a practiced motion that she managed to make look casual.

He took the jacket and pessed a button by the door jam and a fold out hook and hat rack slid from it's place. The feature wasn't his idea, just a lucky left over from a previous business owner. He hung the jacket and made a mental note that he would have to soak up the water later.

He looked at her dress and it's very careful slit on the side. He had trouble believing she just went for walks in the rain wearing a dress like that. She was either the type of woman that always dressed like that or she was hoping he was the type that could be easily manipulated by a nice pair of long green legs properly displayed. And he couldn't say he didn't appreciate the effort but she would need more than a well cut dress and a little grace to make him a sucker in the first 30 seconds.

He watched with careful reserve as she opened the smallest purse he had ever seen and produced a cigarra case. She was pulling out all the stops. He had plenty of acquaintances that were green skinned, some right here on Sulon but he was having trouble placing her accent.

He gave a small smile behind his beard and walked over to his desk. He pulled open a drawer while she stood eyeing him. He could help but feel like a nerf at auction the way her eyes made him feel like he was being appraised by a potential buyer. He pulled out a box of survival sulphur sticks and walked over to the woman calmly. He caught a hint of perfume that managed to hold on despite the rain outside and couldn't help but wonder if that was put on for their meeting like the dress, a carefully arranged circumstance, or if it was a natural scent.

He struck the match as he held her eyes and offered the flame for her as they stood much closer than he had at first intended.

"Valik," he said as if she didn't already know, "Seamus Valik."

He moved across the room and pulled around his nice office chair for her to sit on and took a seat on the corner of his desk.

"How can I help you, Ms...." he asked letting his bright blue eyes give her a once over. She wanted to put on a show, the least he could do was make her think it was working.

Vilhelm Balfour

V
The woman leaned in as [member="Seamus Valik"] lit the match, letting her cigarra catch the flame and putting the tattoos of her face into the light. She straightened up only as Valik left, moving across the room and pulling over his officer chair and giving her a seat.

What a gentleman.

"How can I help you, Ms...." His voice trailed, as hers did earlier.

"Maddee." She answered before taking in another puff of smoke. "But you may call me Reeva." She paused for a moment and then let out a deep sigh, as if the weight of Sulon were on her shoulders.

"Do you keep with politics Mr. Valik? There is a lot going on right now." She pulled the cigarra out of her mouth and let it hang between her fingers. "My homeworld has been under attack. I've the privilege of hearing some things before the regular channels, at least so far as home is concerned." She paused, and looked as if she wanted to cry but couldn't.

"The Silver Jedi. They did something. I don't know if it was a new warhead or some . . . power of the Force but lit the sky around the capital ablaze. Bathed in light and fire." The tears began to surface on her eyes despite her best efforts. "I've lost so many." The tears continued to form as she opened up her little purse and pulled out a single cloth, folded down to about a centimeter square and put it up to her eyes.

"I need- I need to know what happened. And I need to know who did it."

Seamus Valik

S
He watched with half caution as she settled down and began to get to the "why" of her coming to a little known and even less sought investigator. Her walls didn't crash like he had half expected but they did weaken. The water works and dainty patting of her tears were either genuine or some of the best acting he had ever seen in the flesh.

He could have probed her mind with the force and found what he needed there in her surface thoughts but it wouldn't have gained him anything other than a reputation of abusing his skills while dealing with potential clients. He understood in a very real way, that need she felt for answers. She was Mirialan . Her world was being assaulted or had recently been assaulted by not one but several major galactic powers in the span of just a few years and according to reports the most recent invasion of the world had a body count that was still climbing.

The struggling business owner in him wanted to talk price, but the much stronger Jedi in him couldn't bring himself to broach the subject. He wanted to go to her, comfort her tell her it would be alright and that he would help her find answers. Maybe he was too soft but he couldn't help but be who he was.

He came down from the corner of the desk and crouched down in front of her trying to be as subtle as he could with the aura of comfort he let out in the force. He looked up into her eyes, and let his old baby blues convey an honest care.

"Reeva," he said with his best I want to help voice, "I can help you find answers, ok?"

He tried to keep that need for reimbursement out of his voice.

"But I want you to understand that battles are a chaotic thing and it may take some time. I may have to travel to Mirial and do some digging there." He told her trying not to get her hopes up, "If you give me your contact information and how best to reach you. I'll find out what happened to your home."

He rested a soothing hand on her upper arm and rubbed it in hopes of being comforting and not some creepy P.I.

"Can I get you anything while I get your information?" He asked unsure of whether that was proper courtesy or not.

Vilhelm Balfour

V
[member="Seamus Valik"] called the Mirialan by name, making an effort to get closer to her and even squatting down to look into her eyes. An odd feeling of comfort wafted over, prompting her to eyes to finally dry. She took a deep breath as he continued, her chest shaking a bit as she did so. She continued to breath heavily for another moment, collecting herself.

"Of course, of course Mr. Valik." She pulled her cigarra to her lips. "Do you have a datapad or a commlink or a flimsi I could use?" Reeva replied before Seamus put a hand on her arm and Reeva slowly leaned toward the Jedi, ending as her forehead lay on the investigator's shoulder. "No, no, just . . . give me a moment." The Mirialan held there for twenty, thirty, forty seconds before rising back up, and taking another deep breath.

"Alright, let's get this done."

Seamus Valik

S

Seamus waited while the woman collected herself and stood as she did. His eyes scanned her features briefly looking for cues that she was trying to play him but so far he picked out nothing overt, or even covert really. He walked across the room and grabbed his datapad from its place on his desk top and activated the touch screen and stylus before handing it to her. A writing sample with the information may seem a little untrusting but he didn't start this job or avoid the Sith and the Jedi for years by being stupid.

He activated his holorig that his friend Spark Finn had built for his and watched the 3d holo-display appear above the device like an interactive hologram. His holonet connection wasn't exactly legal perse but it was heavily encrypted by one of the best technopaths in the galaxy so he didn't complain.

"You tell me what you can," Seamus said as he typed on a holographic keypad, "I'll have to book passage to Mirial and see what I can find. The faster I get there the better the chances to find a fresh trail. How much...um...were you offering for the information, Reeva."

He hadn't wanted to talk credits but in this instance he needed to pay rent. He would like to do it for free but the galaxy was a hard place to be charitable in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom