Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info and other helpful things

This will be my masterpost for useful and informative links and stuff. First, let's talk about the temple that serves as our base of operations--Kivi Apua.

Link for the curious

Kivi Apua is a temple still undergoing construction, and as such, may be subject to improvements. AS it stands, our lovely little hidden temple is based on Cerea, a quiet, peaceful, low-technology planet. Part of keeping a low profile means that our headquarters runs on primitive and low-tech methods as well.

If you want to post threads in the temple go for it in the IC section. Get to know each other and get a feel for the character.

Next up, I suppose I should talk a little about our methods. Our primary training here is oriented towards Teras Kasi traditions.

Wookiepedia Link

My Blog rambling on it

Teras kasi is a form of unarmed combat and mental discipline that was originally developed to counter Jedi methods. It was designed as such by the followers of a Palawa--a sect that blamed the destruction of their homeworld (the location of which is now unknown).

Palawan is based on Finnish, for reasons I don't know, but it means that almost everything I've made up is basically done using google translate. Most of the creature names I trust translated things that were kinda similar in either mythology or wildlife, such as "Rancor" being replace with "Bear."

The primary things that are involved in Teras Kasi are as follows:

Emulation: A large number of the forms and techniques are named after wildlife, much like in Xingyiquan. These forms are modeled after the various animals in Star Wars, and designed to emulate their strengths. The Veermock's agility, the Rancors brutality, the Dragonsnake's slithering fluidity, and the Bantha's raw hardiness.

Unarmed Combat: Although there are many forms of improvisation, and some noted masters (Hoar and Thok, for instance) are seen using weapons integrated into their styles, a majority of the training and fighting styles of Teras kasi rejects the need for weapons. The body is a weapon.

Terrain awareness and improvisation: Both Arden Lyn and Thok were known for this aspect, integrating skills and tricks from their training into more specialized combative roles. In Vorhi's case, this means controlled demolitions. In your case, it's your own work to determine it. What signature will be yours as an Oppila? I dunno yet.

Well, that's it for now. I'll be posting more over the weekend, so stay tuned! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom