Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infinity Wing-Agility System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow_007.jpg

Steel-Wire-Rope.jpg

harness.jpg

ebb3c9f1e4bd2bdca3a7cf124a8e5236.jpg

image Source: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t2Zg8rSHZDw/RmouASRTQNI/AAAAAAAAAEA/aogEgHhicA4/s320/Arrow_007.jpg, http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00bUEQGotFIgkB/Steel-Wire-Rope.jpg, http://www.sajenhernandez.com/rockclimbing/images/harness.jpg, http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/eb/b3/c9/ebb3c9f1e4bd2bdca3a7cf124a8e5236.jpg
Intent: This device will be used to compensate for a force users current lack of ability to utilize force jump. It will allow for quick assent. It's other purpose will be short range ground transportation. It will be hands free, and can be utilized in combat. It will eventually become a piece of equipment issued to an advanced jedi class under creation.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Ardeo Sophos(personal)
Model: IWAS-7
Affiliation: The republic, and more specifically the jedi Order.
Modularity: No, but due to the fact that I am creating a small customization shop for jedi specialized jedi gear, I will provide customizations possibly latter down the road.
Production: Limited
Material: The belt is made out of light, but durable fabrics, layered for extra strength. From there the cords for the hooks, are made out of a metal alloy from combining Desh, and Terennthium, thus creating a lite, but strong woven metal cord. The hooks are forged out of Quadanium steel, not made to be lite, but to stand the test of time. The firing mechanism for the hooks, is made out of simple steel.
Description: The entire piece is similar to a climbing harness belt, with a belt around the waste, and two more around each leg, witch are all connected. on either side of the waste belt is a small firing gun that is attached to a a ball joint so it can rotated in all directions. From there a hook with retractable blades can be fired into a substance. The cords are kept on a spool inside a circular case under each gun, resting at the top of the wearers hip. Once the hook hits, the blades will expand locking in place. The cords will retract, but added propulsion for control in motion, comes from a clever device in the back of the belt. Using a small but powerful electromagnet inside a large hollow chamber with a narrow opening, one creates propulsion using the magnet's vibrations in the microseconds while it is reaching a steady magnetic field. These vibrations are directed in one direction, out. and a microchip turns the magnet on and off 400,000 times per second, thus seemingly creating a steady propulsion stream. There are even smaller electromagnets used to fire the hooks. All of this will be kept hands free by using a neuro-transmitter, which can either be embedded in the back of the neck, or worn in a mask, or something else worn on the head. With it one can control hook firing, propulsion, and the position of the hook gun when fired. This takes difficult training to master, and no one can just pick it up and use it. One must first become used to controlling it with his mind, and then must become used to using the belt itself for it's purpose.

Hello :), and thank you for responding so fast :). I would love to explain how it is different, especially because I didn't like what was done with that design.

• I am using my original concept of electromagnetic propulsion, which I had to research for over an hour to understand. This completely different. Seriously my brain hurts from all the high level information in my head now.
  • My System is made of entirely different materials. I picked out the materials from star wars that had the attributes I needed.
  • My system's main purpose is not simple transportation, that is a unintended, but plausible use. I am making this to try to help jedi still have the power to ascend things quickly, and keep their sabers free, and this system works perfectly.
  • It has a different general design, because I felt this would be far more effective.

Look, I understand, that reading this you have doubts, but I really put a lot of time and energy into making this different, unique, and making all the science behind it work. I am forming a security force for the jedi temple, and when i got permission to make this tech I was ecstatic. It would mean a lot if this get's approved. [member="Silara"]

As this is essentially a slightly redone transcription of the previously aforementioned submission, this will be denied on the same grounds. This does not adhere to the general idea of "Star Wars", nor does this offer any uniqueness or diversity from the source it is taken from - which in this case is from a previous submission and also a popular media source. As was stated on the previously mentioned submission, plagiarism is not acceptable or condoned in the factory, or on Chaos as a whole, and not adhering to the general theme of Star Wars both are against the listed Factory Rules.

3. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam, no Transformers.
I you feel this was unjust or that there was a mistake on the judge's part you may request a second chance in the Second Chance thread in the Factory Discussion board.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom