Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Infernus Class Heavy Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Emperor's Hydra

spaceships_spacescape_science_fiction_spacecraft_cruiser_didact_m70709.jpg

Image Credit: http://hqwide.com/wallpapers/m/71/spaceships_spacescape_science_fiction_spacecraft_cruiser_didact_m70709.jpg

Intent: To create a Modern Heavy Cruiser for the Iferetes Empire to serve as its flagship in the future. As a minor force in the galaxy the ship in is current state will serve as a unique and fully separate ship from the rest of the current naval forces.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Designed and constructed by Iferetes Aviotics, Subach, and Serpena's driveyards.

Model: Infernus Class Heavy Cruiser

Affiliation: Iferetes Empire

Modularity: None

Production: Unique

Material: ALusteel frame, Durasteel-Alum combination for hull, Turadium Blastdoors to critical systems as well as a Turadium bridge, Transparisteel viewports.

Description: Created for the singular purpose of both providing the Iferetes Empire with a single flagship and a combination of old and new technology this ship is named apply after the word Hellfire in Basic. The Infernus class Cruiser, named the Emperor's Hydra, holds a combination of many different weapons all designed in key points to provide a strong defense and attack. The Materials of the ship were chosen after hours of research into ships of the past and acquiring a heavy sum to purchase any resources that are not already owned by the Infereti through trade or natural reserves.

First the Quad Laser cannons and Flak guns were designed and placed among the armaments of the ship to provide two forms of antifighter defenses, each split evenly and paired up with another of the other class to provide a defense that can aptly compensate for the other's losses. Next the ship only holds four Tri barreled Long range Turbolasers and five Quad Heavy turbolasers so to provide enough room and power for other weapons like that of the Ion Cannons and Mass drivers which are far more common in Iferetes Tech than energy weaponry is for the fact that they rend through hulls and take out systems. This is due to the fact that the Mass drivers are held in reserve until Turbolasers and Ion cannons rip apart an enemy's ship before letting the kinetic damage caused by the two variants of Mass Drivers to rip into the hull of the ship and causing mass chaos without destroying too much of the enemy hull.

This ship suffers though in its speed and the high crew needed for it as well as holding a smaller fighter attachment than say a carrier, but also does not carry the power that an assault ship can. Thus is the reasoning for also the Alusteel Frame, Durasteel-Alum hulled, and Turadium covering in key areas like the bridge of the ship. It also encompass a Electromagnetic shielding capability that can act as a defense against the very Ion weaponry that this ship uses on its enemies, future and current. Though with all these carefully selected features the ship still suffers in the same faults of vulnerability that the other Heavy Cruisers like it are use to and is a one of a kind ship, thus there are no more of it after its construction and likely wont be more until a much later date.

Classification: Balanced Heavy Cruiser
Role: Planetary defense, ship-to-ship combat, orbital support.
Height: 250m
Width: 175m
Length: 900m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 3.0. Backup 10.0.
Minimum Crew: 1000
Optimal Crew: 8000
Armaments:

28 quad laser cannons (28 defense guns)
10 Heavy Flak Guns (20 defense guns)
4 dual-barreled long-range turbolasers (40 capital guns)
5 quad heavy turbolasers (40 capital guns)
10 Mass Driver Cannons, railgun variant, heavy weapons class (20 capital guns)
10 Mass Driver Cannons, Normal variant, heavy weapons class (20 capital guns)
10 Heavy Ion cannons, Dual Barreled (40 Capital Guns)
10 heavy warhead launchers

Hangar:

36 Fighters/Bombers
12 Dropships
4 Gunships
16 Droppods
Non-Combative Attachments:

Communications Array
Encryption Network
Escape Pods
Holonet Transceiver
Standard Deflector Shield Generator
Standard Detention Cells
Additional Electromagnetic shielding
Standard Life Support Systems
Standard Navigational Systems
Standard Sensor Array
Standard Targeting Systems
Standard Droppod Launchers

Passenger Capacity: 750 soldiers.
Cargo Capacity: 1500 tons
Consumables: 1.5 years.
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 7.

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

Alright. Let's sit down and hack out these armaments

• 7 quad laser cannons (28 defense guns) - Quad lasers are actually standard, so you don't have to divide anything. 1 quad laser is 1 defense gun.
  • 10 Heavy Flak Guns (20 defense guns) - This checks out
  • 4 tri-barreled long-range turbolasers (40 capital guns) - This isn't right. 4 triple-barreled long-range turbolasers is equal to 4 * 3 * 5, which is 60.
  • 5 quad heavy turbolasers (40 capital guns) - This checks out
  • 10 Mass Driver Cannons, railgun variant (20 capital guns) - There is no such thing as a railgun variant. A mass driver cannon is a mass driver cannon. So these would be equal to 10, not 20. If you want them to hit harder, you'll need to make them heavy like you did below.
  • 10 Mass Driver Cannons, Normal variant, heavy weapons class (20 capital guns) - This checks out
  • 20 Heavy Ion cannons, Dual Barreled (40 Capital Guns) - Dual barrels ups the ante. These are actually equal to 80 capital guns, not 40.
​Revise your armaments and @mention me when you're ready for the next round.

• 10 Mass Driver Cannons, railgun variant (20 capital guns) - There is no such thing as a railgun variant. A mass driver cannon is a mass driver cannon. So these would be equal to 10, not 20. If you want them to hit harder, you'll need to make them heavy like you did below.
This first of all is wrong actually, infact on the wiki it reads, and i quote. "For a rail gun (where the slug is accelerated by Lorentz forces and electromagnetism between two parallel rails) there was no real limit (except the speed of light), only a practical one based on rail erosion and, when in atmosphere, ablation of the projectile. Typically this speed was 6 km/s."
  • 7 quad laser cannons (28 defense guns) - Quad lasers are actually standard, so you don't have to divide anything. 1 quad laser is 1 defense gun.
Next off, sorry this is wrong, i had thought this differently.
  • 4 tri-barreled long-range turbolasers (40 capital guns) - This isn't right. 4 triple-barreled long-range turbolasers is equal to 4 * 3 * 5, which is 60.
For this, i had though Long-Range Turbolasers cost two, then being tri barreled cost 3 more each, then four of those. Which now that i say this i realize either way my math is wrong... -runs to fix-
  • 20 Heavy Ion cannons, Dual Barreled (40 Capital Guns) - Dual barrels ups the ante. These are actually equal to 80 capital guns, not 40.
This is wrong actually, it should be 10 Heavy Ion Cannons, that is a mistype on my part.

@[member="Ayden Cater"]

Next two things that need addressing.

Additional Electromagnetic shielding: What does this mean?
Droppod Launchers: Unless I missed something, IE does not have drop pods. As well, if you're going to put drop pods on a ship, those go in the hanger and affect what other ships you can carry.

Ayden Cater said:

Next two things that need addressing.

Additional Electromagnetic shielding: What does this mean?
Droppod Launchers: Unless I missed something, IE does not have drop pods. As well, if you're going to put drop pods on a ship, those go in the hanger and affect what other ships you can carry.
Electromagnetic shielding protects from Ion weaponry, not completely but its that extra... skin so to say, like a leather armor against it.
I use Shard-Class Droppods due to my connection to Aedan Miles, as for them being in the Hanger i had yet to see one person have Droppods listed in their hangers but will add them now.

[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

I still don't understand why there are two different groups of mass drivers. We don't recognize one type as being worth more or being more powerful over the other.

Railguns fire faster than propellent based mass drivers like flak, delivering more force. Plus the Ammunition is normally not explosive in Railguns but just rounds designed to provide a Kinetic strike at the target without chemical propellents launching it at the intended target. It mainly goes down to speed and Ammunition that is the difference.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

I am aware of how they operate. What I'm saying is that in the factory, we don't make the distinction. A mass driver is a mass driver. The closest distinction we make is for a hypervelocity gun, and that's because it is several times stronger than a standard mass driver.

As far as the factory is concerned, a mass driver is a mass driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom