Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long had it been since Darlyn had spoken with [member="Veiere Arenais"]? The man that was to marry his Queen, and for whom he had willingly risked much to keep tabs on that same queen... far too long. At least, far too long since the two shared any non formal, less fanfare filled interactions. Darlyn planned to rectify that today, at least somewhat under the guise of something resembling a mentorship.

Having agreed to meet in one of the Praxeum's sparing dojos, Darlyn was seated in the center, meditating a bit as he waited. He'd recently concluded he needed to remake his original lightsaber, which was being levitated in front of him as he mulled over what he intended to do with the weapon. A few of the tricks he could manage well enough, the force activated ignition and the trapped grip for instance. The problem came in remaking his weapon with a bifurcating cyclical ignition, something he was uneducated in, and a new dual phase mechanic to compliment his second weapon, Exar Kun's weapon, strapped to his waist.

The armored figure of Darlyn continued to wait patiently for his, acquaintance, to arrive.

Veiere had returned from Voss not two nights prior and had yet to see [member="Lady Kay"], moving to the Praxeum for solace after such a violent bout against the Sith Lord back on the Capital world of the Silver Jedi Order, the medics had done what they could for the new wound that lay spread from the top of his mouth and beyond his left ear, of which the lower quarter had been removed completely by the intensity of his opponents lightsaber. The wound was still a dull pink in color, glossed as the burn was only now beginning to heal; it had yet to cease hurting while Veiere had delved head first into the new organisation of the Force Praxeum alongside that of [member="Stardust Raxis"] and [member="Atheus"] of whom had offered him their assistance; Masters of the new Order all, they served under the final say of the Queen, she of whom Veiere was thankful he had no current business to attend to, avoiding the lecture that she would no doubt throw against him for his recklessness.

Moving on into the open dojo, a room of which the Praxeum held many for the use of lightsaber combat, training for the students and higher ranking members or residents of the Praxeum both, Veiere strode through the automatic doors, dressed in his Attire most comfortable. Attached to his belt, his Lightsabers separated from one another and falling to both his sides, he did not plan on utilizing them both for this request that Darlyn had made of him.

"Sorry I'm late..." He spoke under his breath, moving into the center of the room of which Darlyn sat in meditation, a clear sign that Veiere had indeed kept him waiting. This request for training had intrigued him, Veiere knew [member="Darlyn Excron"] to be force sensitive though had expected the other to have already been trained adequately, what he might hope to learn from Veiere himself, he did not know though as always, his door was always open to all those looking to educate themselves within the limitless possibilities of the Force.

Darlyn slowly exhaled, reaching out and grabbing hold of his lightsaber, an old looking thing, with what seemed to be rust coating spare parts. Truthfully the weapon was in perfect shape, maintained by the frequency it stayed with him more so than anything else, and more cosmetically oxidized, if that made much sense. Still, it was made out of little more than spare parts with the major mechanics intact inside, though it was firmly held together as its lack of noise making while Darlyn stood up suggested. The man turned around and offered a nod of his head to [member="Veiere Arenais"], his head lacking the helmet or hat, the latter of which was off to the side on a hook.

"Thank you, Mr. Arenais.. for agreeing to assist me." He had to address him, and it was obvious enough the term 'master' was something of a bitter term from how he avoided it, though Arenais was a poor name to attach 'mr' to. There wasn't much else he could imagine to say, though, as they were off first name basis to his understanding. "I'll get right to the point.. my weapon isn't what it needs to be. When I made it so many years ago, I had neither experience nor materials to make the weapon what it needed to be. Now I have the opportunity to make it... capable. Something to survive in harsh conditions.."

"I already know what the weapon needs, however I have little knowledge of lightsaber construction beyond creating a usable framework. And while it's easy enough to make the ignition only usable via the force... I'm not going to be able to figure out a few of the functions without assistance. I know what they're called of course, a dual phase ignition and a bifurcating cyclical ignition, but outside of names.."

"A bifurcating Cyclical-ignition Pulse?" Veiere asked as if needing to confirm the specific modification, it was a certain specific tool in the make of ones lightsaber that allowed for the blade to be charged under water, that with the combining of two crystals, could trigger an activation and not have the hilt short out as most others did. Though this specific modification wasn't often talked about, it was a common step for those whom expected to be trudging about all kinds of weather systems. Dual Phase Lightsabers on the other hand gave the weapon the sudden ability to near double in its length where most standard hilts required a manual adjustment of the hilts conversion of power. "You'll want to position the Cyclical-Ignition pulse somewhere closer to the blade emitter, above the Cycling field energizers. You'll need to make use of two Crystals here, so to stabilize the blades output when submerged...-I'd suggest doing away with the power and arc modulation units, you shouldn't need either if you plan on adding a dual phase ignition though..." He paused a moment, a hand lifting to the wounded cheek somewhat defensively as he turned to glance off in thought, "How large is the hilt itself and what size Diatium Cell are you using to charge the weapon...-I'd be conscious of room for both the new additions, you wouldn't want anything sitting off and having the thing blow up in your hands now would you..." He chuckled softly, "Nor would I wish to be the one to clean up the mess in this new place..." He glanced about the dojo with something of a look of admiration before motioning for Darlyn to rise and to follow him.

For the most part the Praxeum was empty save for the workers hired by Chasin City to ship back and fourth goods that would later be unpacked and put to work for the sake of future students and beyond, some of the large shipping containers held furniture, others collected data-books, holo-vids and the like for the Archives upstairs in the residential wing. He and Darlyn however were heading for the stairs on the eastern side of which would take them up into the Artisan quarters, an area especially built within the Praxeum for the making of such tools, lightsabers as well as holocron, weapons and attires befitting of Force Users. The station was already set up, [member="Bradshaw Ku"] having voiced an urgency for a lightsaber, of which Veiere realized that many of the Knights and Masters themselves would want to put to work some of the later models of technology that Commenor's trade routes were able to bring in. "This should provide a quiet working environment suitable for what you're needing to do. All the tools required for the construction of a lightsaber among many other schematics are stored in here..." He invited [member="Darlyn Excron"] into the room, a series of work benches and cabinets, shelves and great chests for storage all tidily stationed about the room sitting there awaiting someone to go rummaging through them.

"Yeah, that. Told ya I wasn't the best trained." He chuckled a bit, rubbing his neck as he followed behind [member="Veiere Arenais"] as they went. When they entered the work stations, Darlyn used the force to collect a few of the parts he knew he'd need, holding up a second crystal from his pocket as he did so. "I know what to do for some of it, but your help with the space issues. When I first made this weapon I had almost nothing to work with, so it's not the most, efficiently made. Not to mention most of the time I used a blaster anyways..." He set his weapon on one of the tables, using the force to take it apart slowly to show how thrown together it was.

"If possible, I would prefer to keep some of the aesthetics, they work rather well. Though the space will be a bit of an issue considering the pulse ignition and movement of the actual ignition into the hilt itself. I mean to make the hilt trapped, in the event I get disarmed."

Moving to the side of the room, he watched briefly as [member="Darlyn Excron"] took up all the components and materials that he might need while Veiere would soon turn his attention to his datapad, utilizing the connection he had to the Praxeum's Archives and opening a live stream feed to display the Schematics of a generic model of lightsaber used within the Jedi Order. He then moved to join the other, placing his datapad down in front of Darlyn with the schematic in clear sight; "Every lightsaber is crafted uniquely to the wish of the maker, the one who would use the weapon. Every arc and curve to it's shape, the pieces within that are stored in specific order, all of it signifies you as a person gifted in the force...-People sometimes fail to understand the significance behind the tool rather than it just being a weapon of war...-Nonsense to my mind" He shook his head slowly, disappointment evident in the glance that he shot across the room to nothing in particular.

"Back in the old days of the Jedi, students were expected to do this all themselves as a rite of passage leading soon towards their Knighting Ceremony. Though not always the case, most Mentors used this as evidence that their students were ready to take on larger responsibilities within the Order, where as before they were given lightsabers of a standard make, for the use of training frequencies and full frequency blades should they be needed in the field..." He glanced down to his feet, leaning back against the cabinet wall and focusing on little else but his memories of these times, such times were he so fond of, that looking back it made him miss much of what used to be; "It wasn't considered part of their trials of course, though to create such a tool...-To connect and imbue your energies into your own lightsaber crystal and then to exercise patience and understanding of the technological works, then followed by binding these pieces through the Force itself...-Every student who ascended to the rank of a Jedi Knight remembered these moments, most with great pride and admiration in their efforts" Veiere finally smiled, his eyes seeming to come back to the present to where he glanced back at Darlyn thoughtfully.

"You're not affiliated with the Jedi Order, I know..." He clarified a moment before continuing to speak, "Though this is effectively the same. I will offer advice should you have questions though part of the trial is learning to overcome these hurdles. I can't tell you how to make the weapon best suited to your mind and connection to the Force because only you are capable of knowing and recognizing how or what that means to you...-What I can do is keep an eye on it all however and between myself and these schematics, one would hope that you should be fine...".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom