Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Incident On Denon

Of all the scenarios Briana Sal-Soren could have imagined after being reunited with her Master on Denon, this was not one of them.

After a lengthy stay and the conclusion that followed after the Master and Padawan's reunion, Briana was given a new mission objective. What should have been a routine protection detail on her journey back to Coruscant, had turned into something much more complicated.

Jaswil Preaga was in possession of a priceless relic, valuable to the Jedi archives. Problems arose when multiple intelligence reports suggested that there were greedy treasure seekers who also sought the item, in the hopes they might sell to private investors on the black market before it could be delivered to the Jedi Council.

Briana was supposed to ensure this did not happen, and at the time it’d seemed easy enough… but how wrong she’d been to so vastly underestimate the villains capabilities. Thus, she found herself in a hot chase through the streets of Denon, her left eye still smarting from the Rodian’s recent punch.

She drove the engine of the speeder faster, her ponytail whipping in the wind, ignoring the shouts of protest behind her as she reached breakneck speeds. If she managed to get close enough, she could abandon her own speeder and jump onto theirs.

Brandyn would have told her it was a foolish and dangerous idea, but Brandyn wasn’t here.

Gritting her teeth, the taste of metallic on her tongue, Briana slammed on the accelerator to the highest point. “Seever,” she yelled above the engines and wind, the SE4 droid that’d been reprogrammed by a curious Briana turned to look at her, somehow managing to appear all at once terrified and annoyed despite its non-adjustable features. “Once we turn that corner, I need you to take the controls and keep the speeder steady for me.”

“Mistress Sal-Soren, that is against my primary functions! My functions are for education and protocols, I am not designed for this kind of adventure! The odds of success are-”

Her eyes rolled, “Can it, and do what I said! My plan will work! Just don’t let me fall!”

With great care, she passed the reins to Seever and scrambled from her seat, crouching down on the balls of her feet as the other fugitive and relic, came into view.

“Oohh, deaar! This is most unfavorable, indeed!”

Briana wasn’t sure how much faith she should be putting in a droid, but it wasn't like she had a plethora of choices at hand. Her partner, Iris Arani Iris Arani , had already returned to Coruscant, and it wasn’t like she could go to a heavily pregnant Valery for help. She’d just have to trust in the Force and do this on her own.

Force, please don’t let me die. She pleaded silently before making the jump, using the Force to propel her into the air. Unfortunately, the minute she landed, the Rodian driving the opposite speeder jerked into a sharp turn, flinging a still unstable Briana off of its hull and to the ground. The impact was only softened by the presence of a market vendor's barrels that she was tossed haphazardly into, subsequently breaking the containers, covering her in a sludge that appeared to belong to some kind of smelly animal.

Defeated and sore, she rolled to her back and pushed herself off the ground with a groan. “Good going, Bri... you really karked it up this time, didn’t you?”

"Hey! Mess toh! Dadi toh ochou?! Ochou toh long tou ni zit'od toh musk?! Eh?! Eh!?" A tall, slender being stepped forward, their face hidden behind the unmistakable mask that marked them as an Ubese, clearly upset that she'd destroyed their 'product'. Briana raised her hands in apology, trying in vain to make peace. This day was just getting better and better.

"I'm terribly sorry for the troubles I've caused and I promise I can pay for the damages once I take care of this situation I'm in."

"G'yie! toh'll yuhtoh chi'yade ta moment!"

The Ubese stepped forward, fingers flexing, grasping the currently holstered blaster at their side.

"Woah, look. I don't want any problems, okay? And if you shoot me, how do you plan on getting paid at all? Huh?" On instinct, her feet moved back to try and put some additional distance between them.

"Zuh yuhtoh g'noh your incou ga eh plentiful chokin, je'daai."*

Her hand hovered over her lightsaber, but did not activate it, looking for a way out of the new confrontation she found herself in.

Out of the pan, and into the fire. She hated this planet.

"The cost of your death will be a plentiful bounty, Je'daai."

Kyric Kyric

Last edited:

ZuL57J7A_mgfbHHd82RcdMl4CT4JcSwSCerJam3zcrylMzKhGDTD9zKSh0HV23IwbgzJubOpb4CP2b7H14WgMQqYZCKgFPVjbj-6MTErWk4CQY60e4Io2QGDJCj5misOfX_TGc2j

S C I O N
The City, Denon
:: Master Karis, I've pinged an ongoing speeder chase on your H.U.D. ::

Perched atop a gargoyle overlooking the streets of Denon, Scion scanned the horizon from east to west. Lights flickered as speeders raced by. He could hear the city, even feel it beneath his feet some fifty stories above the duracrete grid below. As promised by his A.I, Arthur, a tiny red blip appeared within his vision. It traveled quickly through the gridded skylanes.

:: Any idea what we're dealing with, Arthur? ::

:: No, sir. ::

Scion sighed.

:: Alright. Notify Dagon and let him know I'll handle this one. ::

The masked man inched closer to the edge of the gargoyle's stone skull. A brisk breeze rolled over him, sending tiny needle-like tingles throughout his body. Excitement loomed behind the ever-present scowl he favored. These were the moments he lived for. Alone. Free from the expectations placed on him by his friends and family alike. Danger awaited him, only a single step away. With a deep breath, he took that step forward and plummeted dozens of feet in the blink of an eye.

Scion thrust his arms outward, activating the wingsuit tucked away beneath his arms. He caught the winds and soared north towards the quickly approaching red blip.

Within moments the two speeders were in sight. Their increased speed, coupled with his knowledge of the Denon skylanes, placed Scion right where he needed to be to see Briana's tumble. He slammed down atop a nearby rooftop, knees bent, and rolled a few feet before coming up to his feet. His gaze followed the other speeder as it disappeared further up the lane.

:: Arthur, track that speeder. ::

He tapped at his wrist.

:: My bike is en route. I'll make sure whoever fell survived, then head after the target. ::

:: Very well, sir. ::

Scion dropped at the mouth of an alleyway a dozen feet from where the ubese approached Briana. He zeroed in on the blaster at the alien's side. It wasn't uncommon to see a vendor armed to protect themselves on a planet like Denon. But it wasn't common to see them get so violent so quickly. The lightsaber at Briana's side didn't go unnoticed, though he doubted it belonged to a Sith. Her attempt at diplomacy marked her as one of the many Jedi who'd frequented Denon as of late.

With a sigh, Scion stepped out from the alleyway and hurried forward. As the alien turned to him, Scion blurred for the remaining dozen feet, gripped the man's wrist, and pulled him closer. He snatched the blaster away with inhuman strength and slammed a fist into the ubese's temple with enough force to drop him to the ground.

The Mask looked towards Briana, nodded once, and turned back towards the alleyway he came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom