Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In umbris potestas est

She didn't buy the headache line. Part of her wanted to brush it off but secrets this early into the mission could prove a bad omen. But she decided on balance not to press the point.

She watched him take a vial and use it as a torch. Why hadn't she thought of that? Perhaps that was why she let him lead. As the entered the western archway, she pondered his question. "The records simply stated he entered the tomb and went down. These passages didn't get a mention. Sorry."

Of course the clicking noise that followed was a concern but before she could work out what it meant their means of exit was cut off. "Well that reduces our choices - which could be viewed positively." The bravado was inconsequential. They both knew how dangerous a position they were in and no escape plan was always very, very, very bad. Was now the time for the line?

And then he beat her to it! She kicked herself mentally that she should have taken the chance when it presented itself! "OK, now we need to get serious." Her tone reflected her words.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Turning his head to the passage before them, Connor knew by the tone in Corvus's voice it was time to stop acting fancy-free, and act like the sword of light he so wanted to be.

"I couldn't agree more, Jedi Raaf."

Using the Force to hold the vial up in the air, suspended before him, Connor reached down and pulled the silver lightsaber hilt from his belt and started to walk forward. The weapon was deactivated, and the flame hovered by the power he wrapped around it, leaving both hands free.

The passage seemed to go on forever and he could tell it was leading down, a less steeper incline than before, but still heading into the unknown. His brown was slightly furrowed, a steely gaze fixed on his face.

"We are heading into the mountain itself and I suspect the wider fortress of Darth Andeddu - this isn't the tomb. This is simply a display of Sith architecture designed to throw the unknown off the scent of what lies within...wait..."

Stopping for a second, Connor heard the rushing of what appeared to be feet racing towards them - the blue blade in his hand snap-hissed into life. Just in time for the blade and the flame to illuminate the tattooed body of a gangly masked warrior, half-naked and wielding two large spiked staffs, and moving in deathly silence bar his running.

Darting right quickly and without making a sound, Connor moved twisted his left elbow up into the mask with a satisfying crack, only to have one of the staffs slice across his back. That made him vocal - a curse of pain, as the psychotic warrior snapped his neck to find Corvus and move at speed to strike.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus was warned of the danger by the Force a split second before she saw the warrior. He managed by bypass Connor but only after taking a hard crack to the mask.

Her saber flew to her hand and activated in one fluid motion. As the violet light bathed them in the corridor, her first strike severed the warrior's hand at the wrist, the smell of flesh suggesting the wound immediately cauterised. She had instinctively adopted Center of Being.

Connor winced as Corvus took the bony hand clean from the wrist with her bright violet blade, and in the gruesome distraction, he charged as he had learnt in his Shadow training to fight dirty; just like the enemy.

He shoulder barged the warrior, armed with one staff only, and pinned him against the stone wall, a magical colour of violet, blue and orange all melted into one. Exerting the Force to pin the warrior to the wall, Connor brought his blade up and outwards, hanging above the being's chest. Both Jedi seemed calm and collected.

"I sense the darkness in you, friend. Who are you, and who do you serve?"

The mask heaved gently, cocked slightly to the right and stared at Connor with hollow eye sockets.

"I shan't ask again, and your hand will not be the only thing you lose if you do not speak in the next few seconds."

He paused.

"One."

Fingers flexed on the hilt, the blade humming.

"Two!

Conner pushed harder with the Force.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus stood back as Connor pinned the man to the wall. She kept her senses about her, her blade now held at chin height, horizontal to the floor.

She hoped the man would speak. Oh, how she hoped he would. It was one thing to maim or kill in combat - but once disarmed? She hoped his current course of action was simply a threat. But to help matters along, she quickly reached out for emotions in the confines of the tunnel. There was no fear - which was a bad sign all around. He wouldn't give in if the threat was inconsequential to him. But there was...anger and that had to be the warrior's. So she followed the emotion - back to its source - back to the driver that was generating it.

His anger was fuelled by a passion to defend the tomb. And with little effort - for even Sith don't deserve to have their brains scrambled - and as gently as she could, she read his surface thoughts. He would probably be aware of her intrusion - she couldn't be that gentle - and she saw images of ancient stone walls, heavy wooden doors, and narrow halls dimly lit by torches sputtering in sconces along the wall. And...his thoughts betrayed him - he was a member of the cult and at the heart of the pyramid was the shrine to their God-king - the walls glowing an eerie green and in the centre was a great stone sarcophagus, its lid carved with a relief of the long-dead Sith Lord.

Part of her wanted to see what Connor would do. To find out what truly differentiated the Silver Jedi from her Order - but that logic was flawed in two ways. It is people, not Orders that decide actions. And, as he had helped her on the ice as they made their way here, why let him fall when she could help him stand firm now? Not that she was even sure he would go through with the act.

"I have seen what he knows," she said into Connor's ear. The ensuing anguished cry from the warrior would have been proof enough that she was speaking the truth.

”I was hoping you’d say that. Nothing like a little applied pressure to crack the surface.”

Connor moved forward with speed and placed his palm on the throat of the warrior, where his windpipe would be, and with a gasp, the warrior slid down the wall.

”He’ll be ok, don’t worry – he’ll regain consciousness sometime.”

The Silver Jedi killed his blade and remained illuminated by the violet glow from Corvus' weapon.

”What did you see exactly?”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"In a strange way, this pyramid is a lot like the temples on Korriban. Makes sense really. They are constructed in a similar fashion and for this one, we simply need to get to the centre. That's where the tomb itself exists. Logic says that's where we'll find the holocron - but his focus was his long-dead God-king, not the Sith relic. He may not even know it exists."

"But I saw enough to be able to guide us. Take a right and keep straight on. His thoughts didn't show if there were any others, but again, logic says a cult needs more than one member. Oh, and when you see a green glow, you know you're close."

There was a question on her lips but she chose not to give it voice. She would continue to trust in the Force.

Connor looked down at the masked warrior, slumped forward and still bar deep breathing. The mask was similar to a narrow skeleton, designed to obviously evoke a timeless fear and sense of death guarding the Sith secrets within.

Nodding slowly, he listened to the basic guidance from Corvus as she spoke as if reciting directions from a map.

”Ok. Good work.”

He gave a small smile, waiting for anything else she had to say before turning and continuing on with the vail moving before them both guiding the way.

It took a moment to arrive at a T-junction, right and left. He pointed right and led the way, noticing what looked like more symbols on the stone wall and an audible sound of air racing through tunnels, getting louder with each step.

”We’re getting closer to a chamber, I can feel the breeze.”

Stepping over a few pot-holes and broken bones, the passage way started to widen and a much larger room came into view before them both. It was a wonderful sight. Following a strange flecks of white dust falling from above, Connor looked up to see a small opening in the ceiling high above, letting in a ray of natural light and also specks of snow that chose to fall through.

The flakes drifted down, Connor followed them, to rest on the grey stone below in a large tomb. Looking far more pristine and sculptured than where they had come from, the centre of the pyramid house a number of torches spitting with fire around the dark walls. Each torch was above a small crypt, totalling 6 – three on each side of the room with a raised dais in the centre that was bathed in the natural light and covered with frost as much of the room was; a pointed black and silver looking sarcophagus with a green stone at the head.

”This has to be it. It’s beautiful.”

In awe of the simplicity of the pyramid core and mesmerised watching the occasional snow fall through, Connor took in the sight before him and noticed two other archways on the same level as their high above, obviously from other passages, and two large doors on either side of the tomb itself which was obviously to lead out into the fortress.

Letting the vail fall into his hand and setting it on the floor, inches before the lip of the cobbled stone edge, Connor indicated with his head to four figures walking around in a circular pattern on the tomb’s floor.

”Heads up for the welcoming committee- what are they, cultists? Praying, or something?”

He then felt a spike in the Force, making him turn his gaze back to Corvus, a puzzled look on his face.

”You alright?”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus deactivated her blade and clipped it to her belt. But she held the Force close to her, ready to react at the hint of a warning from it.

She followed Connor silently. He was confident and assured – a leader in a way she currently only aspired to be. It was one thing to be Light of heart and know the Code backwards. It was another to have a host of Force abilities at your fingertips – but leadership? She had always been brought up to play the eternal team role. As a Youngling, she was always first to raise her hand when asked a question. She was gently rebuked. Never hog the limelight. Give others a chance to answer. It felt slightly odd advice at the time. She never did these things to be centre of attention. Rather, she just knew the answers and wanted to share what she knew. But years of deferring to others had shaped the person she was.

Some of it was positive – she was always well received, others rarely saw her as a threat. And others overlooked her to the point of underestimation – sometimes this played to her advantage. But now she truly understood what Knight Adonai meant when she challenged her to be the candle in the dark. It was time to step up – and who better to emulate than Connor.

She felt the breeze a split-second after him and quietly nodded her agreement. The directions she’d gleaned from the warrior had been accurate. In front of them was the chamber they’d been seeking. It was an incongruous sight – the simplicity of the room. The virginal imagery of the snow. And the sarcophagus of one of the most evil and powerful Sith that ever lived.

The green stone reflectd on the frost on the tomb to bathe the immediate area in a green light.

Was it beautiful? She'd heard Connor’s words. There was something so distasteful about the scene that she couldn’t bring herself to agree with him.

But she could concur that the four cultists were going to present a problem. But before she could respond she felt a spike in the Force. And that presence again. In the flickering of the torches she was reminded of a fool of a Sith, playing games in dark tunnels. No not him, this was far Darker, so much more menacing. And then she remembered. At the time she’d sensed a far greater threat. Someone she never met but most certainly would have been aware of her. That fateful day back on Abeloth. She shivered involuntarily.

She didn’t hear Connor’s question, just his voice. “Eh?” was all she could respond, her mind still frantically searching for answers.

Frowning at the strange, uncharacteristic sight of Corvus lost for words and absently staring outwards, Connor checked over his shoulder and noted the cultists were still down below. He looked back to her and gently took her arm and moved her back to the brown stone passage wall; guiding, not forcing.

”What’s wrong with you?”

His left eye closed slightly, trying to reach into her mind’s eye without pushing her, but didn’t dare invade her thoughts. That wasn’t something he was good at, and would probably do more damage than good.

”Corvus.”

Letting go of her arm, he stepped back slightly, trying to get eye contact. The Force tremor was present; not one of danger, but one that was coming from an unhinged emotion or a mental block. And as Connor was currently not experiencing anything like that, it could only be from the Republic Jedi.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus was aware that Connor let go of her arm. But she wasn't aware he'd taken it in the first place - which felt odd.

His words finally permeated her haze. "Sorry. There is a presence here. I've felt it before. I was on Abeloth with a couple of other Jedi. There was a Sith. He was just a novice, no-one of consequence. But there was another. An aura so...black. I have never felt fear - honestly - but if you ask me for a time I came closest, it was that day. She..." Corvus faltered. Why did she say 'she?' She wanted to correct herself but couldn't. She never met the Sith but somehow she just knew. "She was destined to meet me. Just not then."

She stared into Connor's eyes. "She's here now, in these ruins, I know it. And no, I don't know who - I just know she's here and if I can sense her..." she didn't need to finish the sentence.

The frown stayed on Connor’s brow, not moving from her eye contact as she spoke. Finally, in the little time they’d known each other, Connor saw a humane crack in her outer shell. He closed his eyes and extended his Force connection as best he could to identify those around him.

He felt nothing. Had the Sith Magic severed his senses in the Force? Letting out a frustrated breath, he thought for second.

”Alright. Look, whoever this person was – is – then we will face them together. I told you; different paths, one goal. An enemy of yours in an enemy of mine and destiny or not, it wasn’t coincidence you and I met here, at this place.”

Connor turned his head and looked down into the tomb. The green glow was casting an eerie illumination from the centre.

”There is nothing to fear, I promise you. Leave those pawns to me if you wish; stay here and collect your thoughts. Compose yourself. Don’t let past haunt you; keep your concentration here and now where it belongs with me.”

Looking back to her, he reached out and placed his hand on the side of her shoulder.

”Whoever she is, she’s nothing we can’t overcome. Trust me on that.”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus shook her head. She remembered he old Master's words. The fear of something far outweighs the thing itself. She pulled this thought in tight, like some sort of comfort blanket.

The truth was - she did really have a bad feeling about this. That Connor apparently couldn't sense the Sith presence was - if anything worse. But she took comfort from his words and her mind thought about that candle. It was time to face the Sith and defy them. For too long the Republic had been running scared. They'd lost planets that symbolised the Republic for what it was and what it should be. It was time to stand up and be counted.

"I am not afraid," she said. "Not in the sense you probably mean. I have never been afraid to die - that fact is inevitable. The only question is which day shall I rejoin the Force - and today is as good as any. No, death has never worried me. But I now understand that failing has been my fear. Being unequal to the task. Not being as good as everyone tells me I am. That for sure has affected me, hindered me. Perhaps even paralysed me. But no longer."

She threw off her robe almost as a symbolic gesture. "I am ready. If you take them on, I will watch over you. When she arrives, I shall be ready." Corvus stood tall. If the robe was a chrysalis then discarding it was representative that the girl had transformed into a woman. The Knight was truly now a Master. And the crack that Connor sensed had allowed it to emerge.

[member="Darth Vitium"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

Hearing her new found strength was inspiring; while he didn’t openly serve the Republic, he respected them as a political government and also the Jedi who served it. The Sith had carved their way through the galaxy with strikes that relied on violence, fear and cowardice. The light will prevail through darkness.

Connor mirrored Corvus and shook down his greatcoat, kicking it to the side, leaving him standing in his charcoal grey combat suit. It reminded him that one thing he really needed to obtain one day was armour – if he was going to strike at the Sith, he needed more protection than just the Force.

”You’re not going to die. Not today.”

He removed the lightsaber from his left side and spun it around in his hand, crouching down to the edge of the lip of the passageway.

”Shan’t be long. Don’t talk to any strange Sith Lords while I’m gone.”

And with that, he dropped down a good 8ft to the dark stone below, landing softly, not stopping as he stayed low and edged forward to a low brick wall. It was waist height and 4 of them formed a strange X shape, all leading to the sarcophagus in the centre of the room.

Peering over, once more quickly looking the tranquil sight of white snow drifting down, Connor eyed the 4 cultist warriors, near identical to the previous one – masked, armed with staffs and all humanoid.

He whispered to himself. ”Strike first and strike hard. Use the Force. Become the Force.”

With a sharp breath, he waited until one came closer and stood, vaulting over the wall and ignited his blue blade, before embedding it through the back of the Cultist One. The blade pierced through his body, killing him instantly.

Holding the blade tight, Connor raised his left hand and wrapped the Force around the torso of Cultist Two directly opposite him, turning and shouting in rage. With a flick of his hand, Cultist Two was swept back of his bare feet as if struck by a boulder in the chest and flew back, crashing into the wall under where Corvus was, sliding down in a heap.

Pulling free his blade, the body of Cultist One fell, and the other two were on him straight away.

Ducking under a swipe from the spiked staff of Cultist Three, Connor moved and turned, backing off from a wild series of vertical strikes from Cultist Four. Getting his bearings quickly, Connor brought up his blade and sliced the closest staff in two, kicking out with his boot and impacting into the makeshift armour of Cultist Four who went down.

Cultist Three advanced, but Connor was able to leap back, guided by the Force to the lip of the central sarcophagus, landing perfectly. From here, he threw his blade outwards and let the Force propel it into Cultist Three’s chest, another fatal strike.

With Cultist Four up and lashing out, Connor jumped up and over the warrior, landing on his feet the other side of him, already calling the hilt to his open palm. The second it connected, he span with a fast diagonal strike down, right to left, taking out the final Cultist with a blood curdling scream and an instantly cauterized wound through his internal organs.

The tomb went deathly silent, bar the humming of the lightsaber. Connor maintained his position, standing and scanning the area with eyes, breathing deeply through his nose until he gained composure. He had fought dirty, but with purpose; to survive; just as he had been trained by the Shadows.

Thumbing the blade and de-activating it, he turned to look up at Corvus, still standing there in the distance and saluted.

”All clear!”

[member="Darth Vitium"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"]

It had been weeks since the Sith had arrived on Prakith, deep within One Sith territory, on an expedition to rediscover the ancient holocron of Darth Andeddu, a master of Sith magic - an art of which she, too, specialized in. Much had she learned from her master, enough to ensure that she had earned the right to succeed Mierin in every which way - enough to kill the Sith pureblood with her own hands and the force. It had been days since she had experienced the vision of a burning holocron and she had pressed on with her forced guide like a woman possessed, having no intentions of allowing such a thing to pass. Drawing near the ancient crypt, so close that she could feel the presence of the dark side just around the corner, she began to recall the ancient traps used in the ancient tombs of the Sith Lords that guarded their remains and their knowledge fiercely, and knew that there was still traps to be discovered up ahead - if someone had not arrived at the tomb before her, that is. She had heard of Andeddu's tricks of sorcery through a friend, one whom had spent much of their lifetime discovering one of his signature skills through the force, and knew of the potential for losing her life if she were to touch or open anything herself - it was why she had brought the guide along instead of hastily moving on by herself. "Feeling anxious now, are you?" Taunted the voice in her head, and she could almost make out its gender and tone now that she was so close to the Sith Lord's tomb.

She ignored the words, words which seemed to come from a man's lips - and yet she was alone. Almost alone. Another step towards the corner and she felt the presence of one steeped in light, and another that seemed muddied like the sullied pride of a fallen Jedi. And then she felt the anxiety that was not her own and smiled. "It appears another has stolen their way into the tomb." She replied in turn, her thoughts rushing a mile a minute while she contemplated her desired course of actions. Jedi had, in the past, tried to purge the holocrons of the Sith that they discovered, along with many other dark side artifacts - such things that she would not allow to happen here, not now, and not ever. 'Creeping in like a thief in the night, not looked for and unwanted. Do you expect to live? Do you presume mercy will be given to you?' Came her whispers in the ears of those who had seemingly passed by her unnoticed sometime earlier through telepathy. Even as her words were mentally communicated through the force a darkness descended on the crypt, a black mist rose from the ground, out of the cracks in the wall, and down from the crevices in the ceiling above. Waves of palpable, visible, darkness - terrors of the dark side itself - manifested within the halls of and the tomb itself. 'Do you desire power? Freedom from your chains, those chains which bind you to your fate? Or are you simply afraid - afraid of the possibilities of such great powers that you wish to destroy it, to rid the world of its brilliance?' She whispered, her words carried like an echo through the force, as she revealed herself to the two, seemingly unarmed, though she retained the black cloak and glistaweb clothing beneath, while the waves of darkness built up and spread out from behind her like a thick fog.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus watched as Connor dispatched the four cultists with relative ease. It kind of made you wonder what purpose they served – or who they hoped to protect the tomb from? It had no doubt been ransacked a hundred times since his death – although the Jedi historically purging any mention of his name can only have helped to preserve the Sith artefacts

It was only them that the cloying smell of sickly-sweet incense hit her. She could feel the scent crawling over her like a fine mist, clinging to her clothes, simply adding to the sense of foreboding.

Two things should never be said out loud. ‘It’s only a routine mission’ and ‘All clear.’ No sooner had the words escaped Connor’s lips than she heard a woman’s voice in her head. ‘Creeping in like a thief in the night, not looked for and unwanted. Do you expect to live? Do you presume mercy will be given to you?’ Even telepathically, the voice was like a whisper. Darkness poured from every syllable. Hatred from every space in between.

And the words continued – unabated. ‘Do you desire power? Freedom from your chains, those chains which bind you to your fate? Or are you simply afraid - afraid of the possibilities of such great powers that you wish to destroy it, to rid the world of its brilliance?’

A month ago Corvus would have frozen. Even a day ago. Perhaps even a minute ago – but this is what she was here to do – to fight the Darkness. Not surrender to it or run away as she had when she was a Padawan and faced the Sith Lord back on Ossus. Today was the day she stood and fought. No sooner did the black mist begin to rise than Corvus reverted to her Teräs Käsi training, closing her mind to any mental based attacks.

So when she saw the figure that accompanied the Force aura she was now so familiar with, she knew she was the One. As yet unnamed – but a face she would never forget. And Corvus stood tall. She was wary in case this Sith had toys like so many of her kind – but she had the Light on her side. She was never arrogant enough to believe it was stronger than the Dark – but it was its equal, so she need fear nothing but fear itself.

Spinning the hilt in his hand, a trait he did without thinking, Connor's small smile faded as he could feel Corvus close herself off from the Force.

That meant his sensitivity wasn't broken, despite his mental invasion by the Sith Magic.

Standing still, he felt a wave of familiarity sweep over him, like ice running up his back. The last time he felt that, a Sith Lord has been standing before him. Looking at Corvus, his eyes slowly flicked right before his head, slowly turning to face the direction he felt the spike come from - the Northern door to the tomb.

A dark figure stood there atop the stone stairs.

Surrounded by almost a mist that Connor couldn't decipher if it was natural or an illusion, the figure was that of a woman shrouded in black; shrouded in darkness.

Connor didn't move or react, he just slowly turned to face her all the way across the tomb and stood still, answering the question himself that this was the one Corvus had spoken about. It was horribly quiet again.

It seemed the Sith recruitment drive was heavily focused on women, especially that for powerful Lords who stank of death and tyranny, but those were the ones Connor seemed to have trouble with the most.

[member="Darth Vitium"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIADZKU9dw[/media]​
Few had ever backed down to her, never had she been feared, always challenged. It was a common occurrence for others to either brave through the storm or to simply underestimate the knowledge and power she wielded. Such audacity always brought a feeling of rage to the forefront of her mind and her fists clenched as she stepped down the steps, slowly. There was something about the way she walked, the way she carried herself, how silently she stepped and yet her presence was pronounced through the effects of her actions. As she reached what was essentially halfway down the stairway she paused, hands moving to her hips and brushing her coat away from her to expose two sabers held on either side of her belt. "Tell me, Jedi, have you tasted fear as I have?" She said softly, the dark mist parting as she stepped out, its thick tendrils snaking its way around the perimeter of the room and up its walls. Her expression was that of an unnerving calm, such confidence, so knowing, presuming. Another step down, as only nobility could, and she moved her hands away from her hips, both hands holding their respective lightsabers, while a small smile fluttered across her lips. "Have you ever felt love?" Silara continued, offhandedly, as she glanced down at the male that appeared closest to her prize - her smile became a frown, one of disgust. She could feel the struggle of neutrality within him, not unlike the Dark Jedi that flocked to the One Sith like sheep from wolves, fearful for their own survival that they resulted in becoming the pretenders among pretenders.

She looked back to the woman that appeared to regard her without much fear, perhaps without any at all, and her smile returned. 'Oh yes; you will enjoy this, won't you?' Came the voice, distinctly masculine, as though it read her thoughts, the Vahla nodded noticeably as her excitement grew with her smirk. 'Don't play too long, you're here for a purpose, remember that. You've came for the holocron - not these fething fools blinded by the light side.' It lectured, to which she merely sighed in response, while she stepped down again. "Two little thieves, stowing away in a home not their own - fumbling through and murdering its caretakers." The Sith began, gesturing with her left hand to one of the fallen members of the cult Malevolence. "Yet so noble are you, Jedi. Protectors of balance, keepers of the 'peace'. So ironic, I find, that it is you that wear the blood of the unknowing, the 'innocent', on your hands." She continued, grinning. "So blinded by the light that you cannot see the darkness growing within you, screaming for sustenance, demanding nourishment - shouting for blood." She made a dismissive gesture with her hand as she spoke, rolling her eyes at her own words, and then stared at the eyes of [member="Corvus Raaf"], remembering her presence in the force at last, with a softened smile and a satisfied expression. "I am Darth Vitium - soon to be Voice of the Dark Lord of the One Sith. I suggest you both surrender to me now... I cannot guarantee that I lend you the same mercy I gave to the Jedi troupe on Csilla, perhaps a treatment not unlike what was given to Darth Junra would be apt for you two." Silara concluded with a mocking glare. Still she had not made herself a true threat, not one of violence at least, and gave ample time for the two younger Jedi to impatiently end their own lives at their own leisure - she was far more calculating and manipulative than even the most powerful of the Sith Lords, wearer of one hundred masks.
dca1rs.jpg
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

What was it with Sith Lords and monologues? Was it part of the Dark-side training? Balaya wouldn't stop talking the two times they'd met and now this one too. And she had a name - Darth Vitium. In the flesh she was far less intimidating than Corvus would have imagined. Score one for her old Master.

But how to approach her? Connor was silent and still. That was Corvus' usual tactic. Perhaps the new Corvus needed to have a new approach. Not a speech, but. She needed to make some things clear.

She stepped forward again. Her saber and koto swinging gently from her belt, her simple robes contrasting with her adversaries elaborate clothing. "You took the words right out of my mouth. We would accept your surrender and you have my word you will face a fair trial. And spare us the lecture on the morality of the Jedi or the Sith. We are both sure of our own views and I would not waste my breath trying to convince you otherwise here and now. Do I believe you can be redeemed? Of course. I have met two Sith Lords very recently who have seen the error of their ways. Good things often come in threes, no?"

"And please spare me the line about turning to the Dark-side. Only the weak fall to the Dark, so I would not hold out any hope. Even your Sith sorcery failed to turn me, so a few taunts won't do the job your best alchemists failed to achieve."

Corvus felt strangely empowered after that. Would she live? Odds said she had a 50/50 chance. The real question was, did the Sith have such a positive attitude? Perhaps the winner would be the one who cared most for life. Or just perhaps it would be the one who cared least about dying, who had the least to lose.

Head slightly turned to the Sith, Connor listened at her silky, poisonous tone - soft but filled with venom. His eyes darted left and right, noticing the black tendrils snaking from her lithe body; over the black stone and twisting up the walls as if they were feeding from the very essence of the tomb.

Connor's heart slowed and he rolled his tongue across his lower teeth.

The tendrils - the vision - Corvus

Focusing on the here and now rather than the manipulation of fear, Connor was about to speak when Corvus spoke up for him. Or, rather, herself, as she came down into the tomb. Walking through the odd flake of snow, the Republic Jedi exuded calm and focus. The Silver Jedi didn't take his eyes from the Sith, waiting for a move; a sign of hostility. Two lightsabers. Great.

The comment about the weaker ones falling to the Dark Side hit Connor in the heart; weak? She knew his past. Although...he didn't turn...he wasn't weak...was he?

Connor wanted to say his piece to the Sithspit before him, as he wasn't one to play by the rules as Republic Jedi were known to, but it seemed this was a meeting he wasn't expected to be a part of. But, he had Corvus to think about and her safety was just as important as his. One could say he...cared for her.

This Rogue had survived one Sith Lord, so he could survive another - but surviving the wrath if word got to Grandmaster [member="Iella E'ron"] and the Silver Jedi about another incidental encounter with a Dark Lord? That was another story.

Standing his ground, tall and strong and with an empowered confidence and no fear, Connor watched and focused on the Sith.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Darth Vitium"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom