Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In the Garden of the Sun

Hey, @Ryv, it's Cotan. Hope your nose is doing better. Come meet me on Tribunal station when you get a chance, yeah? I want to talk some stuff over with you. There'll be a map to the specific habitat I want you to meet me in.

Oh, and bring a lightsaber, and two double-quarter pounder cheeseburgers from Hutta Burger, ketchup and onion only. I can't stand their mustard.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
A faint grunt echoed throughout the small hangar at Ryv's arrival. He bent his knees and dropped to the ground, the cockpit closing behind him. In one hand, the kiffar held a greasy brown bag, nearly filled to the brim with an unreasonable amount of junk food. Resolve hung from his side, attached to his belt. He nodded to a pair of droids moving towards his ship as he wandered past them. Considering no one stopped him or bothered him, the Jedi Knight assumed Cotan let whoever know he had company on the way. If only the bastard sent someone to come get Ryv. The rundown halls all looked the same to the kiffar, given his lack of familiarity with the station.

He couldn't really be mad, though. It had a certain charm to it—a rustic charm, but charm nonetheless.

Ryv noticed a protocol droid waddling not far ahead of him and hurried forward.

"Hey dude, I'm looking for this," Ryv started and pulled out his holodevice. He activated it with the click of a button, which saw a map projected before them both. "This room, right here."

He pointed at a little red dot. "Where is this?"

"Behind you," the droid said, pointing past the kiffar. "Anything else?"

"Uh..." he looked behind him, took note of the foliage just past the door, and then turned back to the droid. "Nah, I uh- thanks, man."

With a huff, Ryv hurried into the room and shut the door. "Hey, Cotan! I'm here, man!"

When Ryv rushed into the habitat, the first thing that might strike him would be the lush foliage, coupled with the smell of living, healthy air, not the recycled, stale oxygen of a space station; or, perhaps, it might be the way the rest of the station just melted away, holoprojectors giving the image of an entire landscape far beyond the boundaries of the module. Maybe even the two small pools flanking the walkway extending from the entrance space, or the clouds slowly gathering overhead, swollen as though ready to rain, created by a full atmospheric simulator.

Or it might have been Cotan, kneeling in relaxed meditation a short ways deeper in, that the young Jedi noticed. In a pose similar to that adopted by the ancient Sith Master Uthar Wynn, in the old holofilms and hologames that dealt with Revan and his journey, Cotan could have cut an almost menacing figure for a moment—were it not for the brightness of life around him.

Then he shifted slightly, backside hitting the soft dirt as he adjusted his posture to a more comfortable sitting position. He turned his upper torso to face Ryv—eyes nearly instantly landing on the bag that the Jedi held. "Ryv! Glad you could make it," he called out, giving a wave. "Want to join me here? Also, you made sure to pick something up for yourself, right? I'd feel really rude just eating some hamburgers in front of you, like some ancient emperor or something..."

Ever the image of the relaxed, calm, but still friendly and down-to-earth master, at least when he still had a firm grasp of the situation, some control over what was happening. In other situations, even just with what had happened recently on Jakku, it had likely been made clear to many among the New Jedi Order who didn't know him as well as Romi or Coren that the stillness couldn't weather every storm unmarred.

"How's the nose? That's gotta, be, what, the fifth or sixth time it's been broken, minimum? Just guessing, anyways."

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
The Coruscant native did indeed notice the wealth of verdant life within the room. Ryv had seen dozens of planets since the founding of the New Jedi Order. From Brentaal IV to Ragoon VI, he'd seen wasted plains to sprawling forests. Yet, nothing could take away the beauty of healthy, happy nature. Maybe it stemmed from his upbringing on Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa, but such places as the garden always brought a smile to his face. Peace settled on his mind. Tranquility he'd been without since the dawn of the Third Imperial Civil War.

Cotan's meditation momentarily stole his attention from the silent appreciation of the garden. While the kiffar knew absolutely nothing about Uthar Wynn and any of his meditation techniques, he still found the Je'daii's form a little odd. It reminded the young Jedi of his preference for meditating during combat-training. Something about a fight just delivered a sense of emptiness to his mind. It voided out all else around him, replacing it with only what mattered. The fight, back and forth, a dance of death that could steal his life away at a moment's notice. He knew there were Jedi out there who would condemn him for it, but Ryv couldn't be bothered to care. The fight was the only place he truly found peace.

"Yeah, man, wouldn't miss a chance to meet up," he hurried over to Cotan's side and dropped down to the grass beside him. He presented the greasy bag with a smile. "Here, your stuff is on top. Ketchup and onion only, just like you asked," he pulled out the two burgers and set them beside the Je'daii. "I had to go back through the fly-through since they messed it up the first time, but the line wasn't so bad."

He pulled out his own sandwich next, alongside an unreasonably large container of fries. "I snagged the Jabba Fry cause I've got a problem," he grinned. "Hope you don't mind."

Ryv furrowed his brow at the follow-up question.

"Nose is good. Auteme is probably the best force healer alive, if I'm honest. She's fixed me up more times than I can count," he reached up and took hold of his nose, gently shifting it from side to side between pinching fingers. "I think it was the third time."

Ryv's words passed by Cotan's head almost without notice, as he handed out the food.

Somewhat more than a whole pound of food sat in front of Cotan. Lightly toasted buns, bantha patties dripping in fat (grease is a condiment, never forget), cheese, and then vinegary ketchup and sharp diced onions. He snapped out of the momentary reverie though, looking back at Ryv. "Well, good thing the line wasn't huge—in the future, though, if they mess up an order for me, don't feel like you have to run back through. Even droids mess up in that job sometimes, it's just a part of life." Then, he promptly dug into the burgers, beginning to devour the first with abandon.

Ryv's comment about the fries were met with a shrug from the older man; Cotan hadn't asked for fries, so he didn't care that Ryv took them. As for the final comments, though; "Only the third? Lucky." Cotan had had his broken at least that many times by the time his master had even picked him. A few of those were due to running into doors or columns, not paying attention where he was going, but still.

After the first burger had disappeared, he started to unwrap the next—though he was certainly being a bit slower about it than with the first, when he looked back up at Ryv. "Oh, I saw that holo-recording you put out a couple days ago. How're you holding up, with nothing ever really going the way any of us might hope? That's never easy to deal with."

Ryv Ryv

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Wasn't a bother, man," Ryv dismissed the Je'daii's words with a wave. "If we're gonna grub, I'd rather you enjoy what we're eating. It wouldn't be as good a lunch if only I'm enjoying the meal."

Ryv unwrapped his sandwich, revealing one of the ImpossaHutts, a vegetarian equivalent to one of their most popular burgers. Ketchup, mustard, a thick layer of cheese, and grease oozed down the sides of the burger, falling loudly onto the wax paper spread across his lap. The kiffar took a big bite and chewed loudly, an excited mmm, mmm, mmm, all he could muster from the sheer deliciousness of his meal. It became impossible to even form words. The sandwich absorbed all the space in his mouth, completely emptying the Jedi Knight's mind.

He set it down with a smile and looked back to Cotan. "Yeah, lucky indeed. I'm startin' to wonder how many times the force will fix me up before leaving Auteme and I hanging."

Moving the back between them, Ryv overturned the massive bucket of fries in a wave of greasy, fried goodness. He nodded towards the pile with a grin.

"Help yourself, man. I ordered a force-damned mountain of 'em for us to split, if I'm being honest. There are sides of cheese sauce, ketchup, mayo, chili, and a few different spices if you want. Oh! And extra salt!" he pulled out small plastic containers of a wide variety of dipping sauces and toppings. "I'm doin' alright, yeah. All this stuff is... tricky, to say the least. The New Jedi follow me cause I have a sparkly title, you know? Wyatt gave it to me and disappeared into the wind. Left a lot of people wondering what was next. I guess it made sense for them to follow me, but I dunno. There's gotta be better options out there. Feels like all I've done is make mistakes."

He tugged over a cardboard tray with two shakes. "Here, I grabbed a Shutta Shake and a Wompa Wonder. I'm cool with whatever."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom