Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In The Footsteps of Shadows

[SIZE=16pt]Seat of the Obsidian Order, Geonosis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Lonthor was welcomed once more by the Masters in their chamber. The purpose of this second gathering was to inform the Jedi Knight of the final decision the Council took regarding his position as part of the Order. To Moriwant’s surprise, the Grand Masters were ready to welcome him as one of their own, by giving him the title of “uninitiated master”. Yet, in order to earn his place within the Council, he would have to go through an initiation process so as to prove his capabilities and qualities to the members of the Council.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]As part of this process, the Masters Council of the Obsidian Order tasked Lonthor with investigating the disappearance of a scout group sent on the surface of the world Cularin. The Order became interested in the potential of this planet and the secrets it held in relation to the Force, but they were still skeptical when it came to re-colonizing it. The following day, the Consular left Geonosis with the ship the Council prepared for his departure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]CULARIN, LOCAL TIME 11:41[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Cularin was a legendary world prior to the rise of the Galactic Empire. Lonthor heard many stories about the inhabitants of these lands, known as the Tarasin. These reptilian people’s home-world was considered very strong in the Force, just as its natives were.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This was just what Lonthor felt upon his arrival on Cularin. Waves energies were descending upon him as he was seeing through Force. He found no traces of dark side practices at the landing site, in spite of the clear concerns the Masters Council had for the green world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]However, the Consular did not drop his guard, as he was certain something foul was amiss. He entered the nearby rainforest searching for the missing scouts, sent by the Obsidian Order to investigate the forsaken home-world of the Tarasin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Lonthor’s lightsaber, Arion, was his only aid as he was carving his path between the tall trees of Cularin, as some of these were obstructing his way. Moriwant figured that the fallen shrubs did not drop due to weather conditions, but were, instead, torn from the rest of the trunks by something else. He continued to walk through the woods, knowing that he was getting closer to what he had to uncover. Lonthor soon reached a glade within the holt. The grass had the color of ash and the tree trunks had signs of burning on them. Yet the distinctive features of the environment were the least concerning sight in the forest opening. Ahead of the Jedi Knight, soldiers bearing the symbol of the Confederacy were lying on the ground, breathless, and among them there was the mutilated body of a Jedi. Moriwant recognized the origins of the wounds with ease: someone channeled the dark side against this group, yet someone powerful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Lonthor returned to the Force, trying to track down the one responsible for the slaughter in the glade. He was not surprised when he discovered he was not the only one on the ashen grounds. The Consular sensed a dark presence behind the bushes of the forest opening. Rumbling sounds coming from behind caught Lonthor’s attention. Arion was now ignited, ready to bring peace to the murderer. The Jedi Knight did not turn around to face the bushes. Instead, he waited, holding a tight grip on his Lightsaber.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The rumbling then stopped, and the glade returned to its state of silence for a brief moment. All of a sudden, Lonthor, with utmost precision and agility, turned around and slashed through the air. In front of his eyes, nothing but a black haze, sectioned at the middle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“This wraith knows when to blink away. Too bad its mind games don’t work on me.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] said Lonthor, while sheathing Arion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]However, this move granted the Consular the option of tracking down the murderer. Moriwant found traces of dark energies leading towards one edge of the forest. Lonthor followed them carefully.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]He wished not to have visited this beautiful world in search of a dark side criminal. The forest, the rivers, the fauna, the Jedi Knight would have gladly taken a moment for meditation on the fresh grass. But the presence of a dark wraith on the Force-traversed grounds was keeping him away from tranquility. On the other hand, trees were now staying upright, no longer obstructing his path.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Consular soon found the roots of the energies he traced in a relatively large cave. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]His trusted Lightsaber was ignited once more, illuminating his way through the hollow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Other than several scratches on the walls, that were most likely the result of fauna aggressiveness, did not catch Lonthor’s eye: he was focused on finding the rogue. He followed the trail of shadow left within the Force until he reached what could have resembled a shrine of some sort. In front of it, a cloaked figure was on its knees.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“I was right to believe you’d come here, warrior.”[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]were the words that came from beyond the shroud.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Lonthor immediately took his aggressive stance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“You’d be wrong to take me down.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]added the figure, showing not a single dash of distress.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Consular then made his motive clear:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“You murdered those soldiers with brutality and tried to strike me from behind. I have no reason to let you breathe the air of this world you already consume with your darkness.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“As much as you try to evade it, Consular, I yield knowledge that you seek to assimilate. I am no murderer, but a bearer of ancient teachings. What you saw in the glade was a measure I took to stop the outsiders from compromising a world upon which was bestowed a gift from the Force as old as time.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]answered the mysterious individual.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“In that case, go ahead, Jedi. Slay me down and see for yourself as you lose a true learning opportunity. It would be a pity for you to side with ignorance, no matter of how I use that which I know.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There was a moment of silence, then Lonthor sheathed Arion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“I made this mistake once, I won’t make it again, that of not understanding how the dark side could be used in the name of a greater cause, for a good purpose. Yet, I am not convinced that you are in that situation. Show me what you mean and what you know, and I will decide if I am to pursue your teachings. Just remember to watch your moves, as what concerns your survival lies in my hands.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“You are strong in the Force, young one. You did not make the choice of letting me live because of your instincts or anything else as such. You used your insight to see beyond the surface and analyze my intentions. Thank you for understanding.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]The hooded figure was relieved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The man got up from the ground, with his face still covered by the cowl.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Though I must clarify that I won’t follow someone unwilling to reveal his identity.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Lonthor established right after the silhouette went upright.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Hearing the words of the Consular, the man pulled back his large, loose hood, unveiling his countenance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Is it better now that I am willing to “reveal my identity”? Leaving the witticism aside, I am Dernon Corful, former Jedi of what used to be called The New Republic.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Moriwant found this statement curious… Corful used to serve the same cause as he did, yet he is now mostly dedicated to the dark side of the Force.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Now that I made my name clear, how about you do the same?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] continued the rogue Jedi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“You are speaking to Lonthor Moriwant, Dernon Corful. I am, if I may call myself so, the “emissary” of the Obsidian Order to this world. And I must admit, the last thing I could hope to find was an ally.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]answered Lonthor, becoming more and more certain that he made the right decision by not killing the man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“The presence of such a skilled Confederate Jedi on Cularin is intriguing… Yet, it does not really matter who you serve in these times as long as you keep a solid bond with the Force, which is entirely your case. Moving on from the introductions, you mentioned that you will let me live only if I show you what I know. Thus, I’m ready to leave this hollow and carry on with our business when you are, Lonthor Moriwant.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Consular agreed to follow the rogue Jedi’s lead through the forests. The latter knew many shortcuts and hidden paths that helped them avoid the dangerous local fauna. However, in spite of their initial success, the two were taken by surprise by a mulissiki. The creature hurled itself towards Moriwant, who was already aware its presence and readied his lightsaber. As the beast was getting closer to him, Arion cleaved through its stomach, leaving only a corpse to touch the ground. Corful smiled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Who trained you in the arts of the lightsaber, Consular?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]asked Dernon, pleasantly surprised by the way Lonthor countered the attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Moriwant knew his master’s name meant nothing to those around him, as the man belonged to a whole other time and world. Even so, he answered Corful’s question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Alek Hummox is his name, Corful. He was a renowned member of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars, but, unfortunately, he met his demise on Coruscant during the Jedi Purge, after helping me escape the planet. “[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“As much as I consider him a great enemy of balance, if it weren’t for Darth Nihilus’s attempt to take me down on Telos IV, I wouldn’t be talking to you right now and I would only be a memory of an exile. Nonetheless, Nihilus is still free somewhere and still poses a significant threat to our cause and to the balance of the Force. Now, I suggest we return to our priorities. Shadows of the past can wait a little longer, as those in the present are the most pressing issue at the moment.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Corful’s reply brought the conversation to an end. He and Lonthor resumed their walk through the woods of Cularin. Fortunately, no other incidents with the animals occurred during the rest of the travel. Soon, they reached a large opening in the forest, overlooked by a high ridge. Upon reaching its top, Moriwant could see an enormous tree watching over the whole surface of Cularin, not far from their location. It was an unprecedented sight.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom