Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Eyes of the Beholder

[member="Akuma"], [member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Ijaat Akun"]

In the eyes of a Seeker Droid aboard one Triam Akovin's ship, it observed the soft movements of her chest breathing in and out. She was not sleep, which is the reason why the droid was even capable of observing her like this. In her underwear, the grown woman stood up suddenly with a great inhale of breath, as she swung her legs over the side of the hammock she had created aboard her ship a few years ago. Her foot stepped on something, likely a gutted out Seeker Droid, and she cussed, kicking the junk across the ship. She eventually made her way, cursing of course, to her personal locker.

Inside, there was a powerful energy/electrically protective underlay, Mark IV, which she promptly slipped into. Next, she opened up several plates of her Ultrachrome armor, and stepped into that, being careful to avoid getting snagged on the many wires that connected all of the plates into a central energy collection unit she had called the H.E.R.D. Laser. Apparently, after Mikhail Shorn, it had never been used in combat. The Seeker Droid noticed the dust collecting on it. Once she closed her armor over herself, and tightened the restraints, she slipped on a glove dubbed "The Phantom Fingers", before attaching on her Bodo Baas Gunbelt across her waist, along with a personal shield generator. On her other arm, she slipped on her C.H.I.T. Dart Shooter, and then placed her special Terentatek Hide darts within her Gunbelt for safe keeping, for the possibility of minor duplication to always have one on hand. Additionally, it was observed that she placed several powerpacks inside for her old dusty Republic Rifle and Republic pistols. Placing the rifle over her back, and her pistols by her thighs, she completed the getup by attaching her Repulsor Pack, before nodding her helmet to come over head to clamp down at the neck automatically. Lastly however, she then slipped in two repulsor enable Neuranium Boots, that has a name too ridiculous for the Seeker Droid to devote precious memory space to remember... not that it remembered names anyway.

To an outside observer, such as the Seeker Droid, she looked like she meant business. Especially considering nearly every piece of her equipment was a rare material treasure she had gained in her many exploits across the galaxy. Her armor was Ultrachrome, her laser was protected by Phrik, her glove had a Cortosis arm guard, her boots were made out of Neuranium, she had darts layered with Terentatek Hide, and she carried a limited production semi-mystical force artifact that carried more ammo then she remember putting in.

At any rate, the heavily armored woman piloted the ship down to planet side and exited the ship. The remote was no left alone for several hours, simply observing the mess, before she returned. Apparently, she had talked to some people (she was talking to the droid, as she has come to do in her hermitage), and apparently this particular world (some name she couldn't remember), was the site of a mundane battle involving the Yuuzhan Vong... and YVH 1 Droids. From her research, that meant that any droid scraps would contain more than enough Laminanium for her latest project. However, she had tried to get to the scrap site, but couldn't due to the minor vong forming that had been done to that particular region of the unidentified planet. So the Remote observed, as a second remote was activate, then a third, fourth, and so on, until she had almost a literal swarm of 20+ Droid Remotes, looking at her from every angle. Still talking to herself, she remarked how she could use them all to find the best pathways through the alien jungle... and also as an early warning system for some myth that locals had concocted about a "Ghost Droid".

"How is that even karking possible?" The Droid picked up her speech. "Probably just some huge animal or something. Bet the beast hunters guild would like it... could use some outside help though. One of you, patch a message through the holonet that the Treasure Huntress is back, and is out to hunt for some Laminanium at an old Vong battle site with a couple of dangerous creatures on the loose. They'll love it." One of the droids did as it was commanded, and then they all followed her to the starport as they waited around for people to show up.

Spirits of the Galaxy float through space. Each one has a purpose. Though it is unknown. Much like how they all have a purpose in life, they have on in death. Currently, one such spirit, was wondering behind a lone girl. Her form was rather small. Long black raven hair. She looked almost, beautiful. Yet the aspect of how dangerous she felt, and looked overcame that feeling. Much like a Nexu. For some, it was a beautiful creature. One that could move so silently and kill so easily, yet the beauty was simply because it could do those things. Things that no other species in the Galaxy could do. A Nexu moved in the only way they could.

Much like this woman, she too moved a specific way that nobody else would. No other girl carried and used a Katana like she did. Nor could anyone else pull off a skirt and tie at the same time like she did. The spirit moved around her. Looking at every aspect of her. Her face, the dry cheeks in which tears haven't been seen on for what seemed ages. Her eyes. The pain and suffering she had felt over her lifetime. Even at a young age. Her lips and jaw. How set they were on the notion for which she wanted to complete. The nameless spirit could hardly remember things from it's past life. But one thing was for certan. This girl was in a constant pain either from physical, emotional, mental, or social means.

It could feel the pain and anguish from her. The anger and hate she felt towards others. Yet, there was one branch of emotions that were hardly there, but visible if one paid close attention to. It was Love and compasion. A love for someone she has lost. Someone who can nolonger be there for her. The spirit could feel it. He could feel the emotions of pain and sadness came from the loss of someone she cared very deeply for. And she let it consume her. So much so, that she seemed almost demented from it. She became who she is today, because she wanted to become stronger. She wanted to be the Monster inside, with the vision of a beauty on the outside. She wanted, and needed friends to help her. Her focus was so attached to her love, that she failed to see the love that others already gave to her.

Her pain is why she came here. Thought the great spirit. She has come to this wasteland to be alone. For she feels alone. Reaching out with the specter hand of a ghost, The hand barely touched her shoulder. And she reached up slowly and placed her hand on top. Feeling for anything that may be there. Speaking to herself, she seemed to almost cry.

"Why did you have to die in my arms."

Even worse when the spirit looked down to see himself. To see the holes in his chest. The man realized that he was who this woman was talking about. He could feel a resting of his head, he could feel the pain of sabers being pierced in his chest. Looking back at the girl, still standing there he could suddenly feel a love for her. A love that he wanted to feel again. Yet, he had no heart. The girl let her hand off of where his might have been, and started to move on. Speaking to herself once more.

"I will find you Aragon. And I will save you this time."

She moved on without me. I have thoughts? The girl continued to go on. Moving through the dessolate wasteland of a battlefield. Ruined armors and weapons were rummaged throughout as she stepped over them. I watched as I seemed to follow her everywhere. She looked at a holomap where a point that was plotted out was less than a few hundred meters. After turning it off, she walked on. A few minutes of this lone walk passed when she saw a few drones flying over head before I did. She just continued on. Eventually seeing someone in armor in the distance. She began to walk up.

As Akame? No Akuma came up towards the woman, her left hand was on the Katana she carried. Hand on the sheath, and by using her thumb, she pushed the blade forward to be out of the locked position in the sheath. Should she have to draw, her weapon would be taken out deadly fast. Yet I had a feeling, no matter if she could use it effectifly agianst the armored woman, somehow, Akuma would find a weakness within the armor. She was tactical, dangerous, and a Monster all at the same time. It scared me. Enough so that I had shivers up my non-existant spine.

"You sent a call out for people to join you?"

[member="Triam Akovin"],

Verd Skirata

Fancy flyin' and good fightin' make for a good day
"Mird, time for some food!" The man called. She had heard him talking with other beings, and they had all called him Verd. The strill hopped to her feet and walked over to her stainless steel food dish where there was, not one steak, but two Nexu steaks. She knew what extra rations meant. A mission. She always got an extra portion when they were about to do something dangerous. Little did she know, strills were known for superior intelligence among most other nos sentient beings. after scarfing down her food, she looked up at her master and smiled as he reached down to pat her head. He had put on his black body armor, his wrist missile launcher on his left wrist, with the capability to fire rockets that did enough damage to completely destroy small speeders, and a flame thrower on his left. He had a small amount of fuel for his flame thrower and a small assortment of grenades on his utility belt. The man seemed equipped for war. He walked off down the ship to the small armory to select his weapons. He pulled out his z-6 rotary blaster cannon, electing to use the small backpack generator, allowing him almost infinite ammunition, instead of his jetpack. Instead of the jetpack, he equipped some rocket boots, modeled after the boots that a clone wars age bounty hunter named Cad Bane was noted for using. thoughit didn't have the range or power of his jetpack, it could still provide him with extra options in combat. He also holstered a verpine shatter pistol on his left hip, and a DC 15s on his right. The DC was specifically designed not to run out of ammunition in a firefight, always constantly charging, but the user could only fire 8 rounds in eight seconds before being forced to wait for a full recharge to fire again. after this, he motioned to Mird to follow him again, as they exited the Beskaad -class patrolship, he slung his cannon with the shoulder strap provided, behind his back. he might have over prepared for this mission, but he would take over prepared, then under prepared any day. Mird watched him as he walked over to the other two beings that were talking and waiting for her master. "I heard you could use an extra blaster or two." Verd said walking towards the others. Mird kept a watchful eye on them, waiting for something to go wrong.
[member="Akuma"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Triam Akovin"]

(Sorry about that mini-wait :p)

The droid observed a satisfactory smile from the blonde woman as the two approached one after the other. No longer alone, the droid observed the heavily armed Mandalorian, carrying gear on par with Triam. She seemed a bit sceptical about the katana girl, though it was clear she wasn't judging, after all, every woman had to make a choice about her weapons. Helmet down, her crazy hair exposed matched with crazier gleeful blue eyes, the woman began to debrief them on what was going.

"Glad I could get some fellow soldiers of fortune! There is a lot of stuff to be done here, the least of which is navigating the jungle before we even reach the graveyard. As you can see, I have a swarm of droids surrounding us that'll be tracking our movements and attempting to map us to our location with their birds eye view. The locals however, have let me know of their fear of the "Ghost Droid". I'm pretty sure it's just some scary animal or something terrorizing them, but I suppose in case it isn't we'll be prepared for it eh?" The woman laughed a bit, semi-awkwardly, before regaining her composure to outstretch her hand to the woman first, then to the Mandalorian.

"The name's Triam Akovin... I used to be known by my arena name 'The Relentless'. Not sure if you guys ever heard of the Cauldron? That was fun stuff... would you believe me if I told you I punched a former Sith Empress in the gut? Crazy chit went down on Ratatak... whereabouts are all of you from?" She said, as she turned, headed towards the jungle now, bidding the droid swarm to follow in suit like a micro-convoy guard.

[member="Akuma"], [member="Verd Skirata"]

Verd Skirata

Mird watched as her master walked towards the other two beings present, unsure what to do. "My name is Verd, Verd Skirata. I am from Mandalore. Born and raised a warrior of the Mando'ade, of the clan Skirata, at your service." Verd nodded his head. Mird had heard that tone of voice from him before and knew him to be smiling. "Are there any descriptions of this 'Ghost Droid'?" Verd asked, Mird trying to look into his manner of behavior, which to her knowledge meant uncertainty. She now had to be on high alert. Scanning the trees, and Jungle foliage for anything that might be dangerous, Some movement caught her eye. She pounced on a little rodent, and relaxed her tense muscles. Just a small snack, She thought as she Chowed down, paying attention to her surroundings. "Through the jungle you say? Sounds like We are going to have loads of fun. Everyone should sync comm frequencies for this mission, Just to keep in contact." Her master finished. Not knowing what he was saying, She knew the word mission meant danger, or excitement, and spit out her new treat and trotted up to her master, purring with excitement.

[member="Triam Akovin"] | [member="Akuma"]

(It's all good. We have our reasons)

I watched as Akuma walked up. clearly showing no sign of being scared. I was amazed by how much she seemed to have grown. She was a young woman. How long ago had I died? I forgot about that matter when the drone swooped around looking at Akuma. She didn't even bat an eye as the woman spoke. Even with the Mandalorian coming up as well. Speaking of soldiers of fortune, and the how the droids around us will be tracking the movement. Keeping us all within the map so we knew where each other person was.

Akuma simply nodded her head. Not saying a word as she stood there. The Ghost droid that was around here seemed scary enough. But even at those words. Akuma still looked stoic. She was strong. She had changed alot. Almost into someone who I didn't know anymore. She was different. Strange even. Looking back to the armored woman, she offered her hand to Akuma. She shook, and asked where they were from. I smiled. Already knowing that Akuma would either be silent, or say that she moved around and never really had a home.

"I move around often. Homes and places to stay don't mean much to me."

BINGO! Did I call it or what?

[member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Triam Akovin"],

[member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Akuma"]

The Mandalorian spoke first, the one named Verd asked her about the supposed 'Ghost Droid'. She laughed a little but it appeared she didn't mind humouring him.

"It isn't going off much, it was a warning from the locals... folk tale probably. Anyway, it has a metallic gleam, a skull for a face, that sort of stuff. There isn't any sort of logic behind it I suppose. Other than that I've got nothing. I agree on the count of communications, which reminds me that I should probably remove my boots." To them it might be an odd statement, but like she did sometimes, Triam overlooked one of the many uses of her inventions: Neuranium blocked sensors within a bubble around her that extended several feet. In a mission that likely require more mobility over combat effectiveness, they were not her best choice of foot attire. Luckily, her armor had separate footwear that slipped into the ridiculous boots, so she was not rendered barefoot. The woman reached down and nonchalantly slipped out of her boots. Before they left it was likely she would bring it back on to her ship, but in the mean time she resumed talking.

That was when katana girl failed to mention her name.

"That's cool Katana Girl. I'll call ya that if ya don't mind there sweets. Anyway, if you're lacking in major communication devices, the remotes can service as a short range communication network, so there's that."

The remote then observed as Triam had her boots whisked away by a local worker, paid of course to take her equipment to her ship and no where else, on pain of being severely pounded by an angry businesswoman in top of the line armor with her robot fist.

"If we're ready, shall we proceed into the Jungle? I can take point if neither of you are comfortable with that, by Phantom Fingers coupled with my repulsorpack gives me an edge in advanced mobility. If either of you were interested. I even have extras if you're looking to buy later." The woman smirked. Probably because no one had bought her products in years.

Verd Skirata

"Well That tech is definately something I will have to look into." Verd said after the strange woman had spoken. Mird walked up to [member="Triam Akovin"] and sniffed at her equipment pouch. She smelled meat and even though she just devoured a small rodent, she was hungry again. She sniffed it again, and smelled something else that she hadn't smelt before. It was an interesting smell, but noticing the look of curiosity on the woman's face, she backed up slowly, and then using her senses to stay alert realized that her master would soon be moving. She would do her best to stay alert to any threats that might arise. She looked over to her right and snarled towards the ground. Not a neter into the Jungle, she had found One of they plants, that when dry and brittle, served as the Yuuzhan Vong substitute for a landmine. Not knowing what to do she snarled, alerting her master who had come to her side almost immediately. "Well, Looks like there might be some hidden remnants of war waiting for us." He said to urge caution. "This is a vong landmine. nice and brittle, not too brittle," he said picking it up with extreme tenderness in both hands, placing it where if it went off it wouldn't do much damage to anybody close. then picking up a rock, he hurled it at the dry plant. causing it to explode. "But it can be quite deadly." He continued. "If you want point, You can have it, I'll follow your lead though."
Mird hated loud noises as they affected her hearing, but if her master had chosen to make such a racket, there must have been a reason for it. She was now on the lookout for any more dangers they might face. She was trained for this.

[member="Akuma"]

I watched as the Mandalorian as well as the armored woman spoke. The latter speaking about "Ghost droid" and what the locals were so scared of. Akuma never said a word. Staying silent through the encounter as she went on to explain more of this ghost that might be a droid, or a Vong that was still alive and operating. Looking to the woman even as she now spoke directly to Akuma. She shrugged her shoulders as she called her katana girl. Akuma was not one for knowing when to give information. So as her usual self,

"You did not ask for a name. So I am confused."

But that didn't last long as the Mando literally picked up one of the mines that were left behind by the vong. Akuma took a few steps back and walked right through my body. Sliding through without a feeling. I felt empty and alone almost. But I had a feeling that I would be seeing her again after this. So I decided that I would watch all of her that I could at the moment. Remember it all so I could tell her how I was there for her. I was there to comfort her. I just hoped that she knew that.

As the woman continued with information about gear, Akuma once more stayed silent and allowed the other two to walk ahead of her. seeing as those two were more heavily armored, they would act as tanks. Taking damage for her while Akuma would back them up by appearing out of nowhere to attack whoever it was. They were the distraction, and she was the killing strike.

I had taught her that with me. I could take blow after blow, and that is what got me killed in the first place. I prayed that these two wouldn't die as well.

[member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Triam Akovin"],

It appeared the Triam merely shrugged to Katana's remark, without much else to say. Then for some reason, the Mandalorian's creature began to snarl at a plant like structure, and Triam's eyes darted over to the creature and what it was looking at. Verd then explained to her the mechanics of what was being called a vong landmine. Seemingly unfamiliar with something like that, she appeared perplexed looking at the biot.

"You and your pet seem to be pretty familiar with this vong business. Ever encountered one before?"

As the group began to enter the jungle, Triam's hand extended outward, and the drone wizzed from its spot in the air to her hand. Turning its view so that it faced her, she fiddle with some of its exterior controls, before tossing it into the air where it continued to rise. Suddenly there was a birds eye view of the small group, the zoomed out to see a wide expanse of vongforming devastation. Hundreds, possibly thousands of acres of deadly biological weapons... the site was ancient of course, so some of the old native creatures were capable of adapting to the aftermath given seven or six centuries. There was an odd, very clear divide between what was vong and what was not, which was fairly unusual. The drone began scanning the terrain, looking for any possible points of interest, as well as locations to avoid. Points of interest consisted of high mineral content, while locations to avoid consisted of unusually high biomass.

Another drone with the group observed as Triam calibrated her Phantom Fingers, preparing to jump her way into the wilderness.

[member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Akuma"]

Verd Skirata

"I have fought in a battle or two against the monstrosities." Verd said and Mird had cockced her head not knowing what monstr.. whatever that word was. It seemed to be clearly communicated to the others in the group. "Mird, however has only been trained to find the majority of the traps they are known to set. I wanted a pet that could handle herself should the need arise." Verd stated as he checked his blaster pistol and made sure that it was functioning properly, and started to follow [member="Triam Akovin"] into the Jungle. She seemed to have a course set for the path they would take into the jungle. "So we are looking for some destroyed or unusable YVHs?" Verd asked, Mird thought he might have been hoping to be right about finding some kind of enemy. She loved fighitng enemies, especially smart ones as they gave her the best challenge. After asking this, he started following the woman into the jungle.

[member="Akuma"]

[member="Verd Skirata"] [member="Akuma"] (?)

"That's the plan." Was all that Triam said before her Phantom Fingers zipped her away into some kind of vong jungle tree. When her helmet went down, a signal went out to all of the remote droids, projecting her voice to her followers. She said:

"I'll be talking through these things as I scout ahead, I'll watch out for those mine things." One of her droids followed her, lagging slightly behind due to her superior speed, having the assistance of her grappling fingers along with her Repulsor Pack carrying her along through the Jungle.

Meanwhile, from a distance an ancient droid stared at the figure through the darkness of its cover. It had been active for hundreds of years now... on its own, always fighting the vong. That's what it was designed for, and it would continue this objective until it was destroyed. The locals here, some of which had to be eradicated least they give off this units location to the enemy, tried to tell it the war was over. The war could not be over so long as this jungle full of vong monstrosities stood. It was against its basic programming to allow vong to survive.

It had to often raid the local power stations to remain active, and each time the locals ran in fear. They must be vong affiliated. There was no other explanation. As such, it only made sense that this character zipping through the thick jungle must also be vong affiliated, and must be exterminated.

Little did this droid survivor know that its programming had long since been corrupted, thanks to its overflowing memory banks, among other factors. It now recognized anything as vong, but being so outnumbered and separated from its (destroyed) group, it had to initiate hit and run tactics in order to remain operational to fight another day.

"I have a good feeling about this mission." The droid remote her Triam say.

(Sorry, was busy the past few days)

I watched as the Mandalorian spoke about the vong mines. Making sure to indicate them, and wanting to help Akuma in every way possible. I would maybe try and help her by steering her away from them. But as soon as Akuma saw them, I knew she would be watching for them anyways. Or completely avoid it all by not making a single misstep. She walked after the two silently as they spoke. I watched with fascination as Akuma brought up the rear. And did rather well with it. Sweeping her eyes from left to right. Looking for any kind of movement. I could almost feel the nervousness from her. Simply because I knew what to look for. However, the others didn't. They would find her walking calmly.

She never said a word. Silence was her ally. And I had taught her that. However, she was darker. I felt that she needed training to use her rage as a weapon. Using her hate and pain. So I told her to go to the Sith. But now that I look at her. The red eyes. The fiery temper boiling inside. The way she carried herself. I wanted so badly to tell her different. To tell her something else. To live alone and go from there. Instead, I chose wrong.

I looked off to the side. Wondering when she would speak. I wanted to hear her voice once more. Just so I could remember what it felt like for her to say she loved me as I lay dying.

"What are YVH's exactly. I have only heard stories of what they were."

Good, she was asking the right questions.

[member="Triam Akovin"], [member="Verd Skirata"],

Verd Skirata

" YVH's were a type of droid that were made specifically for the Combined galactic efforts to stop the Vong from taking over the galaxy. The droids have many different types of armaments like grenades, missiles, long and short range blaster rifles." Mird stayed alert for her master following the trail of [member="Triam Akovin"]'s wake, always watching for the different types of snares and dangers that were common to planets that had experienced vongforming. "The droids were even programmed to use their enemies weapons against them, making them effective at combating the Vong." Verd laughed a little bit as he did love the tales of the elite droids. "Rumor has it that the suckers can even take a hit from a turbolaser and still remain operational." Verd said, and mird snarled making him halt in his steps. Three feet ahead was another mine. Her master walked over to the dry plant and opened his flask and poured a little water on it. after this it looked a little greener, and could be safely stored, as the mandalorian picked the plant up and put it in his pack. "Come on Katana,( [member="Akuma"] ) we have a crazy lady to catch up to." And he began to move at a faster pace, Mird'ika moving just ahead of him and helped scan for more traps once again.

The droid nearest to the pair patched in Triam Akovin's voice.

"I heard that.

"Anyway, the material that the YVH's were made of weren't just tough, no, that's not what makes them special. From what I hear they were coated in this stuff, Laminanium, that actually mimicked the way vong biots heal themselves. Not only is this useful for self repair, it disturbed the kark out of the vong. I don't know about you guys, but I want that technology for myself, my arm is always getting in the way and getting expensively broken."

The droid remotes were all over the jungle, marking that Triam Akovin was a good two dozen meters away from the main group, and were at least a half kilometer away from a massive deserted battleground, filled with rubble, scrap, and other war relics (overrun by vongforming plant life).

Suddenly, a remote picked up a new metallic presence not too far away from Triam Akovin, so the remote nearest to her notified the woman, prompting her to stop. The remote observed around the forest, and recording her breathing sounds as she scanned through the forest. Then spoke.

"One of my droid remotes is picking up a metallic object not too far from here. Might be worth a look, I'm gunna check it out." With that, she locked her grappling cables into her jungle branch, and then repelled her way down to the jungle floor. The remote followed her, and began to circle around her looking for the presence that had been detected higher up in the sky. The remote began to ping the coordinates to the remote nearest to Triam, and it began to float towards the object that lay in wait approximately 17 meters away.

Droids that were made to fight the vong with metal that could heal itself. I smiled, knowing full well that akuma would likely use this metal very well. She was a talent all on her own. Even more so if she had armor that she could use. Meaning that she would be using this to her advantage of the metal to combat others. Only now I wished to tell her to leave and live on her own. To live life to the fullest. But she had the mind set that she could save me. Smiling sadly, I knew that what she wanted would never be completed. Yet that is what pushed her. So I would let her. She would learn later on.

She continued to walk on. making sure to keep her strides longer and faster to catch up to the mad woman who yelled out behind her. She was just about to catch up to her, when she spoke about one of the drones picking up something metallic in the area. I looked around myself. Somehow I could tell exactly where the bot was. Seeing it creeping on them, I tried to press my hand to the side of Akuma. Making her look in my direction so she could see the bot. But my hand just went through her.

I focused all I could. Wanting her so badly to stay alive in all of this. Instead, I reached out and grabbed the lightsaber. Trying to grip it, and pull it in the direction of it. When suddenly she spun in the direction I wanted. The saber igniting in its purple glow. My lightsaber. The one I had given to her. She kept it. However, she spoke out, Pointing with the saber in the general direction over to the side.

"It's over there."

Even while the woman started looking down, Akuma rushed forward just as the droid literally jumped out from the shadows. Using a force push on the droid to hit it back, before grabbing the woman around the waist, and using a second force push to push them backwards away from the droid. Giving them plenty of room to move.

"Look up, Not down."

[member="Triam Akovin"], [member="Verd Skirata"],

Verd Skirata

Verd, and Mird'ika, having seen the droid burst out of the overgrowth, quickly stepped into action. Mird knew her master would start firing his weapon at the droid, and was sure he would handle the situation rather quickly. Most of the time droids were rather quick kills, as their metal was strong, but just didn't hold up to the fury of her master. Climbing a tree and positioning herself to jump and attack the droid, she waited to see if her assistance was needed. Her master was pumping round after round of fire into the droid's chest plate, and arms, keeping it from getting a chance to get many decent shots in. The droid then took cover behind a large tree. It was her job to get it out of cover so that her master could continue with it's destruction. The droid seemed to know when it was outmatched, unlike any other droid she had ever seen. She jumped down from her tree and used the flaps of skin at her sides to swing wide, avoiding trees, and circle around to the side of the droid. She knew that her weight would throw the droid out from cover, but the impact would hurt a good deal. Slamming into the droid headfirst, she yelped a little bit louder than she would have expected, and fell to the ground dazed. Her task had been completed, but now she was in danger as the droid raised his arm blaster towards her. She Jumped to her right, as the first blast was fired, then the steady stream of blue blasterbolts resumed the pummeling of the droid. She got behind the tree as quickly as she could, slowly making her way to her master's side with the world spinning rather quickly. There was no time to waist though as she saw Verd grab a thermal detonator and prime it so that it would explode when it reached the droid's position. She looked over and saw [member="Akuma"] and [member="Triam Akovin"], not that she knew their names, returning to the fight.

Sorry for the late post, I have been dealing with a broken keyboard. Getting it fixed soon though. Library computers are a good thing to have :p

A nearby remote observed as the heavy droid fell from its perch after Akuma pointed it out, landing on the ground before Verd opened fire. The blazing blue bolts struck against its powerful armor, creating flashes in the shadows of the jungle, before taking cover behind a tree. The mandalorians animal ran over through the foliage and tackled the droid, in moments it reacted by nearly executing the feline, before once again the blue barrage pushed it backwards. At that moment, a grenade started flying through the air, and the remote backed away from the growing conflict thereabouts.

Another remote nearby Triam, observed as she picked up a blaster rifle of her own from her back, and added to the barrage against the droid. However, it did not last long, as the enemy droids sensor package was the best of its kind back in the day, and although worn, could recognize a small projectile like a grenade heading its way. Using its repulsorlift boosters, it escaped the explosion of the grenade. The remote recorded Triam jumping into the air with the same anti-gravity grace that the YVH droid possessed. As it landed in the trees however, it launched a strange electrical thing at the flying Akovin; this prompted a surprise from the human, though did not seem to deter her as the weapon was intended. The electrical components of the thing, merely coursed through her superconductive armor harmlessly into a storage device on her chest.

From the droids perspective, the Yuuzhan Vong agents were everywhere, using their filthy creatures to bash into it and using a rapid fire plasma spitter of some kind, akin to blasters. Something also unexpected was the flying vong that was unperturbed by its Electroray Discharger. The Laminanium armor had absorb much of the rapid fire damage, and was already beginning to heal given the small nature of the "wounds" the vong agents inflicted upon the droid. Which reminded the droid, that the vong must have developed a new throwable explosive plant, akin to their mines, but much smaller. This all was very disconcerting. After several centuries of "progress", it seems all of this unit's work was undone. No matter, the droid was superior to the vong!

"We are machines! We are greater than the Yuuzhan Vong!" The YVH 1 Droid screamed its battlecry as it fired its variable blaster cannon at Akuma, fired a grenade at the Mandalorian, and shot a sonic blaster bolt at Triam as she entered the tree it was standing in.

"Take cover!" A remote transmitted Triam's voice as she noticed the grenade flying through the air, just as she took the sonic hit with a grunt, forcing her to take cover momentarily as the droid blasted away at its targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom