Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Sickness & In Health (Lady Kay)

FU4xeq5.png
Commenor,
The Trade Capital of the Systems Alliance,
Queen, [member="Lady Kay"] Arenais.
lnnRefu.png
Atop the clouds overhead of Chasin City, the lone X-Wing soared towards the Eldritch Mountains to which the small craft was piloted by Veiere Arenais. He had taken the necessary measures to avoid detection from the Authorities, many of the old security channels and frequencies had been changed since his latest public affair yet some few still managed to keep his head above water, so to speak. Veiere had been exiled from the world of Commenor by none other than his wife, [member="Lady Kay"], she of whom he had come to visit within private. These days, Veiere didn't much have a skill for playing by the rules, especially those of Commenor unless it came to the possible endearment of his House (Family). While his wife had warned him not to return, he had sent her a message ahead of his arrival regardless and that he'd met her not within their Estate, but within the underground cave system that ran throughout the mountainous region of which their Children had discovered before their being shipped off to other dedicated paths in life.

His reputation these days was rather poorly, though not without justification as his actions against the Jedi of Deneba had earned him a rather morbid title and the conviction of treason against the Sovereignty of Commenor itself; his own people for whom he had helped his Wife rise up as a neutral power for the sake of their protection. The retaliation of the Systems Alliance had been something of an oversight, a grave error that he had made in judgement and lack of thought though not something he'd admitted to before others. It was difficult to be considered a traitor while still holding the same love and loyalty to the Galactic body of power that had once been but a single world...

The repulsorlift thrusters kicked into overtime as Veiere brought the Starfighter around to face the back of the mountain, slowly descending down upon a small clearing within the woodlands, tree's enveloping the small craft and hiding it from prying eyes of those whom might fly over above. Drawing the Canopy back above his head, he soon detached the safety harness that had kept him strapped into the cockpit and then moved to disembark towards the cave entrance on foot.

His attire was fairly common these days, for his standards in any case. Robes that were indeed similar to his former days of service to the Jedi, though darker in color, grays, blacks and brown tones carried through in the woven fabric, loosely fit to his body and rather comfortable unlike the armor that he wore when expecting trouble. Today wasn't about aggression but about tending to his wife and trying to salvage something of the damage that he had done to their family. Attached to his belt were his Lightsabers, for he never left home without them (Not that he knew where exactly "Home" was these days); though he had no intention of needing them and merely kept them upon his person as a precaution.

Reaching out ahead with the Force, he allowed his presence to drift free of his control, that his wife would notice his arrival if she had not already.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
9389336.jpg

By the Force...Why take the risk?

As soon as Kay had gotten the message from [member="Veiere Arenais"] ; a man that she loved beyond all reasoning, she deleted it in every way that she knew how. There was no need for her to respond. It wasn't a request. It was merely letting her know of his intent.

But how to go there without the Imperial Sentinels that [member="Adron Malvern"] had assigned to her going along with her? She wanted to be alone and yet there was so little alone time that she was afforded.

And that was when it struck her. Her light armour. It had a personal cloaking device. Perfect.

Quietly she went about her usual routine, finishing her work and heading up the spiral staircase in her office as though she was going to bed. Yet instead of changing into her nightgown, she got into her light armour. Still Kay slid into bed, yet moments later she slid out of it ever so silently and activated the cloaking device. Taking very light steps, she headed over to one of the secret passageways in her bedchambers and snuck out of the Royal Palace unseen.

Already she could feel Veiere nearby, having let go of her hold of the Force. She wasn't in public, she wasn't around any of her staff or Ministers. She was alone. And so she could be free. ~I'm coming.~ Her words were sent to him through their telepathic link, shared through their bond both of the Force and their love for eachother.

A half hour later she passed his X-Wing, smirking at the boldness of him using such a craft to get here. And then she found him within the cave. Just the sight of him gave her pause. It took a moment before she deactivated her cloak so that he could see her too. "Hello my dear. You certainly like living on the edge." Kay gave him a smirk in jest.

There was a sense of relief that washed over Veiere's mind and heart the moment he received confirmation of his wive's intent to meet with him, her telepathic message reaching him no less as real as words might have been exchanged face to face, thanks to their bond within the Force. While there remained a hint of concern and dare he suggest suspicion, the possibility that [member="Lady Kay"] might come bringing down upon him the Royal Guard, wasn't entirely something that he would have been able to blame her for given the drastic change to both their relationship personally and politically. Veiere however had arrived of his own accord and once his wife had arrived within the immediate area of the Eldritch Ravine, she'd sense nothing but his presence left completely unguarded, his mind hers to probe should she wish to do so, almost invitingly so that she might loose some of her likely anxiety seeing him there on their homeworld again.

"Hello my dear, you certainly like living on the edge...", her words caused the man to smile to himself, dropping his gaze momentarily as she came out of her stealth field while his back was turned; he took the few seconds to reach out with his feelings hoping not to find the company of others and rather to his great pride and pleasure, he found only she herself. It was with her greeting that he turned to face her, that smile ever present upon his gaze that he might take her in and she feel the warmth of his aura within the Force, for it strengthened the closer they came to one another and Veiere did not falter in his approach, seeking to take her into his embrace most grateful that she had arrived.

"There are few in this Galaxy, this life nor the next that would keep me away from you" He spoke softly, words of honey that he hoped would encourage a smile of her own despite how cheesy they'd sound. He had never been much of one for flattery and it'd show in the man's somewhat awkward smirk to follow; though his words were spoken truly, they still came off rather embarrassing in his older sense of romanticism compared to the youth in today's society.

"Flattery aside, I wasn't certain you'd agree to see me..." His words fell far more genuine in his remark, there a hint of question to the way they faded from his tongue, his gaze dropping to take in her own, his left hand at her chin and lifting hers to meet him. It had been far too long since the two of them had held one another, that had spent time together without a cell wall between them or the onlook of politics and governing powers deciding their affairs.

Kay-Larr

There he was. The man that she fell in love with. It wasn't the Devil of Deneba that had defied her ruling and risked visiting her. No, it was her loving husband. She could feel him, his presence in the Force soothing her like her Sapir tea tended to do. It was calming, reassuring, and Kay just wanted to be enveloped in it.

She wrapped her arms around him, feeling much like a teenager expecting to be caught by her parents after sneaking out. Of course in this case the consequences were far greater.

His words, however cheesy, did have the affect that [member="Veiere Arenais"] was looking for. Kay gave him a warm smile, knowing that she would cross the Galaxy to find him. And although her ruling exiled him from CSA space, it didn't exclude him from seeing her. She had every intention of leaving CSA space and going to neutral territory in order to meet up with her husband.

And as he spoke of him being unsure of her agreeing to see him, his hand on her chin stopped her from lowering her gaze. He knew her too well, knew that she drew herself inward whenever she felt the slightest uncomfortable. So Kay just reached up with her left hand and lay it on his cheek. "I said that I love you and I meant it, despite what's been going on, despite the politics." It was the first time that they had been able to hold eachother in such a long time that she didn't want to ruin it by talking about recent events. So instead she gave him a witty comment. "And you know me, I don't always listen to my advisors. I still remember how to be reckless."

[member="Lady Kay"]'s continue love and adoration of Veiere often times defied even his understanding; he was a proven and convicted killer under Systems Alliance law; A former King turned traitor still somehow loved by his dear wife. This love was mutual, his affection and care for Kay had not dulled in the slightest and if anything, his emotions had only grown as he had relinquished his former shackles of restraint that once told him to temper himself. There were however concerns for Kay, given her infatuation hadn't at all been discouraged from the reality of their environment.

"I never expected to be one to profit from your recklessness, my love" He smiled, though exhaled slowly in almost a sighing way as his right hand brushed her hair back behind her ear; "Your love for me comes with consequences, now...-Through no fault of your own but we have to be aware of the fact, none the less". The fault was all Veiere's and wouldn't shy away from admitting such a thing between they two. Hell, his initial plea had been of outright guilt before the courts prior to their disarrayed coordination of a defense attorney for the accused. In the end the trial had never come to an actual conviction as the Dark Jedi still loyal to him had acted out of their own purpose, bringing a fleet overhead of Commenor forcing his release.

"I've made myself an enemy of the Jedi Order, yet Commenor relies on your ability to remain beyond personal bias. You did well to call for my prosecution..." He smiled softly to her, his head lowering to meet her forehead with his, closing his eyes as he whispered his condolences. "Had you tried to help me, you would have declared yourself an ally of a killer, your claim to the throne would have been stripped from you and the Galaxy would see something entirely different from the Nation we have built together...". The Systems Alliance at present held no indifference nor fault toward any outside of their territory, nor had they any opposition as of yet to come down on them with the exception of Veiere's very own people for whom his trial had dramatically encouraged; Veiere had been very clear to warn his wife of the potential disaster should it be a public affair and he'd been right in his fears for her.

"I'm sorry that my intolerance of the Order brought conflict to our very doorstep; they are not actions that I can take back...-Call it an error in judgement..." The last few words he more or less muttered under his breath, how else could he admit to such a thing while keeping the same sense of ease between them they currently held. Placing his lips to her forehead and kissing her gently, he wanted not to lose the moment despite the subject for which he had raised most necessarily. "I would have done time had my people not interfered...-Though I'm rather relieved I didn't have to, now that I have you in my arms once more".

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't exactly an angel. She had done wrong on Commenor as well, killed innocent people. But she wasn't herself at the time, having had all of the goodness inside her stripped away by months of torture in the hands of the Sith. If she had gone to trial, then surely she'd of been exiled as well. Or at the very least, locked up.

Her love for [member="Veiere Arenais"] had consequences. Kay was well aware of that. People were telling her to choose between her husband and her people, telling her that she couldn't have both anymore. Yet that was a difficult truth to swallow. She wanted both, wanted to be selfish for once. But her own life wasn't important. Commenor and the Systems Alliance was.

She closed her eyes as his forehead touched her own, listening to his reasons as to why he had gotten angry with her while she tried to help him at the trial. That day was more difficult than she imagined. "I just didn't want you to go through that alone...I'm supposed to be there for you always..." Veiere continued and so she listened, always one to have an ear for her husband, even if she didn't agree with him all the time. She gave him a small smile. "I would have visited anyways, every day. But that cell, no matter how comfortable I tried to make it for you, it didn't do well for your mental state. I'm sorry that I had to put you through that..." There was a time when she thought that she had lost him. But that was overwith now.

"It isn't your responsibility to follow me into hell, Kay" Veiere countered her, though his words weren't spoken of anger but rather assurance for her sake that she might not make the same mistake again; "My actions are my own, the consequences for them will come down on my head sooner or later if they have not already but you can avoid the fallout by staying true to the path you've chosen. You're a good kind and compassionate Queen for Commenor and those that may yet still choose to join you in the Systems Alliance...-Feeling sorry for me when I've earned well the persecution of the Galaxy or those that care enough to judge, is not something I want for you", or their children for that matter though he didn't intend to involve them in this particular conversation. Lori had been present at the trial yet he hadn't known up until the end where she'd been pulled away by her Mandalorian mentor. His Wife had a habit of sticking her neck out for others, her selflessness was so great that it could be easily one of her larger flaws in life depending on how you angled it. Where she would walk through the flames for him however, Veiere would ever seek to keep her at arms length so not to be burned by the heat he had brought down upon himself.

"Coming here was as much about apologizing and proving my love to you, just as it was a warning for you to take in, dear..." He continued, [member="Lady Kay"] still in his arms though his head parted from hers that they might make eye contact once more, the gentle look of his not doing anything to dissuade the seriousness of the ordeal; "You need to find a way to separate our life together and your duty to the Systems Alliance. I will always be someone you can call upon, but violence does not deter further violence and I suspect there will be more to come. You need to ensure that your place as Queen is not threatened by your love for me".

Kay-Larr

"Feeling sorry for you? Veiere, I don't..." Kay didn't like where this was going. She didn't feel sorry for [member="Veiere Arenais"] . There was still much admiration there, she still took his advice, still sought it, as well as the sound of his voice and gentleness of his touch....

And it was in that moment that she came to realize how blind she was being. Foresaking everything for him wasn't what she was supposed to do.

A chill went down her spine as he told her that he had another warning for her. The last one she didn't listen to, and some of her people had died in the attack that followed. Kay met Veiere's eyes, knowing full well that she wasn't going to like what she heard. And then he said it. Once again, just like at the trial, he has advised her to let him go. She clenched her jaw in a bid to control her emotions as he was doing."Veiere...I don't know how..." She didn't want to divorce him. Wasn't it enough that he no longer held his title? Wasn't it enough that he was exiled? "...Are you telling me that I can't see you anymore?" They had always had moments where duty took them to different places. But this...this would be for a whole lot longer. There'd be no sneaking around. There would be nothing but their Force Bond to connect them.

Her shoulders slumped at the thought, as if the weight of the world was put upon them.

"Seven hells, no..." Veiere cursed with something of a hasted breath, a quiet chuckle escaping him at the prospect; not because it was funny but because she thought he might ever suggest such a thing as a solution. In Veiere's eyes, losing his wife would only amount to trouble in the darkest of regards; the thought of what such a fate might change within himself not something that he hoped to experience, "All I'm suggesting is that you try to establish some balance between your convictions, your love for me and your dedication to the Systems Alliance. I can't have you being accused of harboring a traitor to your own people which is why you'll report this meeting when we're done...-Go through the appropriate channels to ensure you do everything to follow the laws you've always stood to uphold...".

Were he to go walking the streets of Chasin City today, the authorities might well shoot to kill. Though his Trial had never truly been concluded, the attack over the skies of the Capital accompanied by the attention of the public eye lately had ensured his reputations downfall regardless. He was a wanted man upon his own home-world, sought by the very people he had so often served and stood to protect. That role was now solely in the hands of his wife, she whom herself was walking a very fine line with her intent to support him further.

"I want you to worry less about my sake and more for your own, is all. Commenor flourished under one Lady President before we were wed, it will continue to do so providing it doesn't lose her again now. What you need to consider however is damage control and whether others will seek to expose you for your love for me. You need to ensure there's nothing that could cripple your hold over the Systems Alliance. Even if you have to go so far as to declare me a public enemy to the CSA...-Put a price on my head, do something public to show the Galaxy your loyalty to peace remains strong. Make an example of me, as I did of Deneba...".

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Oh boy did she ever breath a sigh of relief once [member="Veiere Arenais"] let her know that he wasn't severing ties. His chuckle helped to let her worry drift away, her shoulders squaring up once more.

But then he spoke more, and what he had said caused her to pull away and step back, shaking her head. "I'm not going to report this. What am I going to tell them? That I snuck off to see you and didn't bring any authorities with me to have you arrested because you defied my ruling? No, Veiere. That's not going to look good for either of us." Most especially for her.

She pursed her lips, folding her arms across her chest in frustration. It just wasn't fair. No matter what she did or didn't do, someone was going to take issue with it. And with the way that they chose to rule, she couldn't put herself above the people. Sometimes it just made her want to scream.

And then he suggested a bounty. Sure it would prove to everyone that she wanted him captured, but there had to be some other way. "I don't want to put a bounty on you. I know first hand with what they are like. And if you're caught and brought to me, what then? Am I to put you back in that cell? There has to be something else...." Maybe she'd consult [member="Adron Malvern"] about it. Yet how to explain it without getting caught was another story. Hopefully no one was checking in on her in her room. That could pose a problem if they did.

"C'mon Kay...-Use that head of yours. Don't tell them everything, just enough to take the heat away from yourself and put it on me where it belongs" Veiere couldn't help but roll his eyes towards her innocence in the moment, the assumption that he was asking her to cough to her own actions was amusing though she needed to keep her head about her; "You've been lying for years about your ability to use the Force, how hard can it be pretending to resent me for all that's happened. What we know, between ourselves here and now is what's important to us, it's everything here and now but out there...-The image you portray to the public will shape how they see you as a Queen, a leader. You need to be smart about how you come away from all of this...-We both do". Indeed, Veiere had his own trials to play out; now that he had been exiled from Commenor, he would need to return to Rannon and secure his place within the Dark Jedi Temple. The Problem there however was that it hadn't escaped his notice that both [member="Adron Malvern"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"] knew of it's location yet remained in league with his wife. A problem, which he supposed, only presented itself such were they to challenge him not realizing the truth.

"As for the bounty, it certainly wouldn't be the first..." He gave a shrug of indifference, clearly not all that concerned with the prospect; "The Jedi are hunted forever by those of the Dark side and vice versa, those of us well known for our abilities within the Force face life and death regularly...-And let's be honest, I've earned as much". The fact that he didn't entirely regret every aspect of his actions, did not mean that he wasn't ignorant of the consequences nor the weight of his decision to strike Deneba. He felt remorse and regret for his families sake, for Kay and their children [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and [member="Loreena Arenais"]. He hadn't seen his Son since the lad had been shipped off world alongside [member="Asha Hex"] for the Order of the Je'daii though that time was quickly coming and well over-due. Lori however had been at the trial and had hugged him farewell, she didn't have the mind to blame him that day though she would no doubt find it sooner or later as she grew and her mind and awareness of the galaxy's true nature grew into maturity.

"Worry less about myself and focus on damage control, love".

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. She was acting like a love-sick teenager and it wasn't letting her think straight. But she was worried about him and with everything that was going on, she gripped onto whatever made her feel better; [member="Veiere Arenais"] and tea.

Lying wasn't something that ever came easy for her. Or well. She hid her abilities, she didn't lie about them. It wasn't as though people came to her and asked her if she was Force Sensitive or not. If they had, she wasn't sure if she'd be able to lie very well. Kay was an honest politician, and that was quite rare.

"Damage control... " She spoke the words quietly, going over different ideas in her mind. She would have to talk to others about it first and formulate plans, articles for the holo-media and more.

Kay stepped towards him again, wrapping her arms around him while resting her head on his shoulder. "Alright my dear, I'll do it. And as much as I hate it, you can't stay here much longer. My absence will be noticed." Their marriage had become even more complicated. Something that neither of them had wanted. But it was worth keeping, regardless.

Veiere nodded slowly, satisfied by his wive's willingness to portray the appropriate image and deliver the response that his actions had forced against his own desires for her and his fondness for the people of Commenor, still. His plans had not played out in true form to what he had intended for himself, nor had he anticipated the out-lash from the Systems Alliance, a foolhardy consequence that for the life of him, Veiere should have expected given his likely crucifixion of another whom might have done something so severe. His mistake had been in identifying with Deneba, the Jedi of his past rather than the Commenori of today. It had cost him dearly in nearly every aspect of his life today, most especially his relationship with [member="Lady Kay"] and their Children.

"Start putting into play some sort of circle to surround yourself with, if you do not feel comfortable with your current advisers already..." Veiere continued to speak, though moving off the subject of the bounty, his arms falling from around her that he might move to step away and cast his gaze off across the ravine they stood within, buried within the mountain enclosure; "[member="Darlyn Excron"] is still loyal to you, there is no question of that despite his allegiance to the Force and alignment in the Dark side. The Dark Jedi have not reached him yet...-[member="Adron Malvern"] on the other hand was brought into my inner circle, he was to be an adviser of my own before I relinquished my place there for the sake of your need for an arrest; he appears loyal to you now...-The Order was crippled with my arrest, I do not expect it will recover" there remained a hint of resentment within his words for the failure that the Order had become, though the only one to be blamed for this was Veiere himself for his allowing himself to be taken in by the Systems Alliance during a time that the Dark Jedi had barely come into form; they had needed him to oversee their rise to power and yet he had prioritized his wife and the Systems Alliance's image and suspected involvement in his attack against the Jedi. Simply put, he had chosen to damn his own Dark Jedi Order in order to keep Kay from being targeted by his former association within the Jedi Order.

"I won't be there to guide you or advise you anymore, not in the way you're used to. My actions have changed the direction of my path and they cannot coincide with yours without some form of guilt being put against you and Commenor, our Children and all that we associated with as a family. You will need to publicly denounce the name Arenais..." his tone had fallen sombre, his heart heavy though his eyes remained averted from her. This was his doing, he would not lead her on in false truths.

Kay-Larr

"I think that most others are seeing you as some sort of evil Sith Lord that has taken advantage of me. They expect that you'll try to take over and push me out of power. I try to say otherwise...but they don't believe me." And it was true. After Deneba, after the attack on Chasin City and their forces orbiting the planet, everyone seemed to believe that that was all just practice for what was yet to come.

She hugged her arms to her chest as [member="Veiere Arenais"] stepped away, listening as he spoke. Darlyn was indeed someone that she trusted. And Adron...after he had saved her life, she trusted him too. But if he was to be Veiere's advisor at one time, did it mean that Adron was a spy for him? If that was the case then she knew that there wasn't any ill intent behind it. Although the others might think differently.

Kay chewed the inside of her cheek as Veiere mentioned that his Order was crippled. In one fell swoop the whole thing came crashing down. In some way she was glad. But in another she had felt bad for Veiere. He was exiled, and as far as she knew, he had nowhere to go.

Her breath held while he continued, speaking almost as though he figured that this was the end for them. And for Kay she felt it was almost so. At least for a long time. There was always the chance that things could return to normal again.

Kay's shoulders slumped as Veiere told her to denounce his name to the whole Galaxy. "Veiere...I'm going to miss you so much. And I'll worry. You know me. Where will you go? Do you need any credits? The Kingsguard is still yours. Do you need anything?" Even while seperated, she still wanted to take care of him.

"They can think whatever they please, I do not care for the opinions of others..." Veiere responded rather quietly and with no subtle hint of impatience for the rumors of others nor what they were likely thinking of him; "Worrying about such things is what's led me down this path to begin with. Getting caught up in the affairs of lesser peoples and their petty first world problems with one another, politics of the Jedi, Force practitioners everywhere..." Veiere cast his hand aside in a dismissive wave, shaking his head with a scowl as he turned away from the horizon to gaze back upon his wife.

"I should have encouraged you to leave with me into the comfort of our Home in the Eldritch Mountains of Commenor, the both of us having turn away from the rest of this Galaxy to pursue happiness together within our family and forget about the rest..." He smiled somewhat, though his expression at the same time held something of a solemn sense of remorse and guilt ever still. His breath fell heavy as it left his lips barely parted in a sigh of resignation against the situation that he had placed upon them both. Resignation in the sound of his wife's voice, expressing her fear and concern for what might become of them both and where their days would lead them both on towards next. In truth, Veiere knew not what his future looked liked without [member="Lady Kay"] or their Children at his side. He wouldn't likely be able to stray far from Commenor for any prolonged period of time, always likely to miss them yet this was the consequence of his actions and the more that she had to concern herself with the result of his actions, the less focus she would maintain on the Systems Alliance and whatever threats they might be faced with at the time.

"I have a small fleet and more than enough to my name to get by..." He moved to take her back into his arms again, leaning down to press his forehead against her own, a simple smile coming to form as he closed his eyes and enjoyed what was likely to be one of the last moments of intimacy they might share; "Forgive me for what's become of us...".

Kay-Larr

Politics ran their lives. It wasn't fair, but they couldn't escape it either. In some opinions, one could say that politics was worse than the Darkside. It was easy to be tempted and to be swallowed up by it's power. Many times Kay had tried to escape it, yet for the illusion to do good for the Galaxy, and to succeed in making that come true, politics was a being of it's own that wouldn't let them go. Maybe that was why the Elders chose to rule in secret, and to only guide the elected officials.

Maybe that is what they should of done from their Estate.

But that was all wishful thinking.

Kay released her grip on her arms as [member="Veiere Arenais"] turned to her again and embraced her. As he pressed his forehead against hers, she closed her eyes while her hands reached up to either side of his neck, just resting them there on his shoulders. Tears began to brim her eyes, yet she didn't give into them yet. "I forgive you...We've all made mistakes, done things that we regret. It will be hard to pretend to hate you." She had all of the power to handwaive all of this away, yet that would be living above the law. And that in itself to cause everything that they had built to crumble. "I wish that people could see you the way that I do..." Kay still looked up to him, still admired many qualities that he had. But they weren't allowed to be together. At least for now. There was always hope that she could sneak away to be with him every so often. Yet something told her that such times were very limited. So she held onto this one for as long as she could.

"I love you, and I always will. I'll do my best for our children, to see that they can live fulfilling lives full of choices, instead of having them worry about ruling over Commenor. Perhaps when I die, so too will the Monarchy." The twins were better off doing what they wanted, being whatever they wanted to be. They didn't need to be tied down.

"I wish that people could see you the way that I do..."

"In their defense, you're love for me borders on fanaticism or some form of Stockholm Syndrome, my love..." Veiere gave something of a small chuckle, trying to ignore the reality of the moment they were sharing; to some degree he actually believed this however, his actions went beyond anything that a married couple should ever justify and yet she remained ever faithful to him. In some sense, freeing her of her Husband at-least allowed her to return to some form of normality in her life and ease Veiere's mind towards whatever accusations of guilt or corruption she might have received had they been known to still be associating with one another.

Her confession of love for him caused the man to pause, his brows furrowing in a moment of uncertainty and guilt, it was a strong gesture that he wouldn't forget, her love for him having gone beyond what most would believe. "And I you..." He responded quietly, his arms tightening around her briefly, giving her a comforting squeeze during their embrace in order to convey his reassurance to her. "Whatever you hear of me in the future, know that my love for you has never changed..." His words faded however as she mentioned the prospective death and the future of the Systems Alliance.

"You've done an amazing job, you're a wonderful Queen and a beautiful leader..." He began to speak up again, though took his time trying to find the appropriate words to offer her one last piece of advice; "No matter what happens, just be sure you have a comfortable way out. The worlds you hold have been ruled by others, they may do so again should the Systems Alliance ever fall, but as long as you're safe and our family is happy and secure, that's all that should be at the top of your priorities. The others will save themselves should they ever have the need but your health is important too...-Some days I feel like we've lost a lot of time together over the paths we have chosen...-Just remember to look out for yourself".

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Fanaticism or Stockholm Syndrome. Perhaps [member="Veiere Arenais"] was right. In her pursuit of showing him that she wasn't abandoning him, in the want to save him as he had saved her, it had almost become an obsession. He had become an obsession. Hidden away with his crown and holocron, she also had his Jedi robes, knowing that if it came to be that he would die before her, she could wrap herself up in those robes and pretend that he was hugging her.

That was probably crazy.

Kay kept her eyes closed while she listened to him speak, his voice calm and soothing as it usually was. Yet the advice that he was giving, this entire encounter had some type of finality to it.

They were saying goodbye.

There was no guarantee that they'd have any other chance to do so. There was no guarantee that their paths would cross again. There was no guarantee that they'd be able hold eachother again. And it was difficult to hold a brave face with that realization.

"Destined to be together, but forever apart...Look out for yourself as well, Veiere. People will be coming for you..." Kay hated the idea of having him treated like her enemy, but it had to be done. There was no choice but to accept it.

Time was running out. Already she was out too long. They were going to start to look for her soon. Kay gave him a loving kiss, one that she hoped would be a good memory for them both to hold onto during bad times. And then she stepped back, looking up at him as she wipes away her tears. "I have to go...Safe journeys, my dear."

Veiere kissed her, a gentle yet passionate caress of her lips locked with his, his left hand at her jaw, thumb stroking her cheek as he held her against him in what was quite possibly to be the last time they would lay hands on one another again. As [member="Lady Kay"] broke the loving hold and stepped away, Veiere looked to her eyes and released a heavy sigh under his breath for the tears that he could see welling up in her. "I love you, Kay Arenais" he told her firmly, a genuine truth and confidence to the claim that he always would; "Should you ever be in doubt, ever feel you cannot go forward, look to the Force and know that we will always be connected to one another. Our inseparable bond".

Taking a moment to look over her, he did not wish to retreat to the isolation of Exile without taking one last gaze upon his wife. In truth, he had to suppose that this all meant their relationship with one another were over, the thought of her moving on, not exactly something he needed to cross his mind in the moment. "Take good care of our Children; you are a strong and righteous Queen, my love. In times of war, should the worse ever come to your door, call upon me...-However you can, reach out to the Galaxy with my name and I will come. No matter the price to be paid..".

With that, Veiere lowered his head in what could only be described as a solemn bow, the likes of that of his former Jedi self. An acknowledgement and farewell within respectable distance from her so not to make this all any more difficult than it was already. "Stay out of trouble..." He concluded with a hint of a smile, wary though it were, the man soon turning to begin his journey in the opposite direction. His back upon his former wife, his lifelong love, never to turn to look over his shoulder least he sacrifice his freedom and her reputation for their passion.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. Their Force Bond that was created by accident, or at the very least not consciously, was one way that they could be in touch without others knowing. Their wedding rings enhanced that. She turned them over and over again on her finger, wondering what the future will hold.

It was a difficult road that lay ahead of her, one that she had gone through before after losing her first husband to murder. But at least this time, death had not claimed him yet. It made her wonder if history would repeat itself. In some ways it already was.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] seemed to sense her dark thoughts, as he soon remarked on her to call him when in dire need, regardless of what could happen to him upon answering it. "I will, Veiere. I promise..."

She bowed to him in turn, ignoring her tears for the moment. As shestood up straight again, his final remarked caused her to chuckle. Leave it to him to break her sadness and cause her to smile. Kay watched him as he walked away, herself following just seconds afterwards. Then she turned in the other direction and activated the cloaking device on her light armour, disappearing from view. With each passing step she turned the page of this chapter in her life to begin a new one.

[video]https://youtu.be/7_3yDImIQYU[/video]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom