Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Public View (Moross Covent/Open)

E X O C R O N
New Exo City
Moross Covent Church

Standing within a large cathedral, many around were applying the finishing touches to the walls, ceiling, and even the flooring for the aesthetic of the church. While within the city, this would be a public domain for those who wished to learn more of the society, or for those who lived within the city to be able to have access to a place of worship. To be frank, it was in a part of town that wasn't so great. While there weren't rival gangs, or any sever downsides of being here, its wasn't the best of places to be alone at night.

The place was rather cheep considering the space that was purchased. It had been an old Fitness place that had long since gone out of business. A lot of the walls and foundation had to be torn up to make sure that the church wouldn't be destroyed because of "mother nature." or "Acts of the gods."

Valia had been helping one of the others make sure that the benches put in place were secured to the floor with some bolts. After she had been done with helping that one person, she returned to me and started to give me a report.

"We have most of the windows put into place. Its just making sure they are watertight, and most of the benches and seats are bolted in. We are nearly there."
"Go take a break."
"But work is not-"
"Take a break. As I said, this will take time. No need to rush it."
"Very well."

She stood there for a moment. Unsure what to do before I grabbed her shoulder and indicated the kitchen. Nodding her head, she just slowly made her way towards the kitchen that had been finished the day before. There was likely food in there for those who were working. While it was free for them, I felt it was payment for working to finish this. As well, I didn't want to hold out on my people. No point in making them work in undesirable conditions.

My mind then began to wander. How would the populace see us? My little showing a while back was quite abrupt and sudden. We were few in number at the moment. I hoped to see us grow. However, that too, will take time.

[member="Aesir Liad"], [member="Auswyn Nothrael"], [member="Azlyn Ike"], [member="Finnr Nikomedes"], [member="Kaili Talith"], [member="Kassandra Distorith"], [member="Micah Talith"], [member="Xristos"],

He never really liked churches. Large open spaces, gilded walls covered in ancient paintings, colored glass windows and incense. It all felt all too real for him, a constant reminder of the purity that spread across the galaxy whilst he did nothing more than sin. The saving grace of the Moross, in his eyes, was their propensity of understanding. Empathic, even they could accept the battle-ragged and torn man that now stood before them. All creatures fall from grace during their life - he'd yet to recover from the fall, hardly able to scramble to his feet.

The man stood at the doorway of the church-in-construction, watching the workers with keen eyes. They watched him too, clad in a black tunic, cloak, and a large silhouette strapped across his back.

One of them walked past, wiping sweat from his brow as he bent to grab more nails to be loaded into the tool.

"How long until it's finished?" He asked.

He shrugged, loading more nails. "Not sure, exactly. We've had lots of help from the community. Alms and offerings are always helpful, helps us buy more tools and equipment."

"I see."

"Hopefully very soon. I can't wait to see this place once we're done."

Judas snorted, half-grinning. "Neither can I."

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

The work being done to make sure all of this was in proper order may not have looked difficult, but it was mind boggling for me. It felt like only yesterday when I had fought along side Neth against the Horde. A group of beings who sought only war and destruction for their kind. Many were bounty hunters, or Vong-shaped. Finding no more of a home with the One Sith. They started their group to destroy and conquer. Not to aid their people. Now, being years from that time, I found it difficult to not dwell upon the past.

My past has molded me. It brought my expectations of what should happen. While this may give me dreams of grandeur, I knew that it would take some time before we were even close to reaching that dream. I shook my head. Having one of the men standing beside me, he had just me asked a question. I had my dreams overshadowing my own needs at the moment. I turned to him with a polite smile.

"I am sorry. I was just spacing. Can you ask again?"
"The windows are nearly done. We just need to seal them in. However, I actually have a different question for you?"
"Speak your mind, or you will never prosper in silence."
"Why did you open the building of the church to others?"
"People will have their doubts of us. People will speak ill of our kin. This transparency will allow those who come, to see that we do not seek destruction. Just to rebuild what we have lost."
"Thank you.... I guess."

The young man thanked me for my response, but he didn't quite understand. Letting it mull over in his mind. The gears in his head, turning, were very much visible to me. He had a mind that was intelligent, but not filled with wisdom. It was the process of turning that intelligence into said wisdom that took many years to come by. I hoped that he would find it easy. With him walking away, I turned to follow his actions. Seeing others working, and with what seemed to be another individual standing. Quite large in stature, even compared to my own height, his darker clothing only revealed his nature within the force.

I could feel it. Dark and powerful, but not for pure personal gain. Almost wild and even feral in nature. Taking steps closer to the man, I found it quite intriguing that a chaotic or ravenous man such as him was here. In a place where order was being established. Once I had gotten close enough that speaking easily wouldn't disturb those working, I introduced myself.

"Quite different than what we used to be aye? Kalee the Sword."

I could tell the man was a warrior. His build and his stance showed it all. He had a respect for the skills and aptitude of bringing premature death. Still, I held out my hand to the individual. As one of the Aesir who had claimed their title, There was little point in hiding from my people. All should see that I am here, willing to help and aid them in any way possible. Even if they be warrior, nurse, doctor, salesman, or otherwise.

"New to Exocron and the Moross?"

[member="Judas Foster"],

He leaned against the entryway to watch the busy worker bees go about their work. Construction and development had apparently been fairly quick, spirits were high, and they diligently carried out their duties. It had been quite a long time since the name Moross had ever crossed his mind, as he used to know the Aesir personally. He was lost then, so not much had changed since the days of yore.

A woman approached. Pearly eyes full of knowing, a polite smile upon her features, and a purpose in her step. Obviously the leader of this group of Moross disciples. Then she spoke, identifying herself as one of the Aesir themselves.

"Indeed," Judas murmured, "It was quite different before, during the crusade."

He met her hand with his own, large and calloused.

"Judas. I haven't been here in quite some time. A decade or so, I think."

The man respected the shake of our hands. While I was trying to act more formal, it was still casual at the same time. Not everyone could be in their best state, nor would I require that of my people. Judas as he introduced himself as, mentioned it had been quite a long time since he had came here. Older member, and mentioned the Crusade. Nodding my head, I smiled just a bit. Remembering many people who I had worked with back then as well.

"A change of the times requires a change for our people. Even in the smallest of forms."

It could simply be a new look, new doctrine, or in the most recent case, a reformation through the Aesirs returning. Namely myself, and the rumored Liad. However, last I knew, his once followers had left him for the claims of blasphemy and madness. The man's hands were much larger than my own. Calloused showing he had worked hard over his life.

"Many left around the same time. Netherworld event as some have called it as. I do not care if you left then, earlier, or somewhere in between. You are more than welcome here should you choose to stay."

I reached down to my side. Attempting to feel for my blade, yet finding it gone. Since I had been here, I did not want to carry a weapon on me. While I would otherwise, I didn't want to scare folk from interacting with me. As their Patron, I needed to act more official more often. Catch me any other time, and I would have my sword on me. However now, I did not. I chuckled to myself at the attempt and failure to rest upon something I was so used too.

"Feeling a bit exposed at the moment. Always had my gear with me. Now as I am without... I feel naked."

Indicating the kitchens along the side, I went ahead and made an offer.

"Feel free to grab yourself a drink if you wish."

[member="Judas Foster"],

Change was what made life interesting. Stagnation had been a part of the galaxy for as long as he could remember, though. Administrations fell and new, idealistic governments rose from their ashes to promise greater quality of life and prosperity. False claims most of them tended to be, so everything remained the same despite the superficial change. Power never grew or faded beyond a certain amount, merely the hands that wielded it - another reason he was here.

The old Crusade had been filled to the brim with promising people, ever hopeful in their pursuit of grandeur and the spread of religion. Only by the ticking of the clock did they fade away into nothingness, at least before a few new faces rose to take their namesake.

"Yes," he agreed, "Many did leave, if not of their own volition."

He stole a thoughtful glance at the woman before him, seemingly embarrassed by her lack of armament. He nearly empathized with her, sharing his discomfort at not wearing his sheening, black armor. The black cloth that loosely hung from his frame felt too flimsy... too vulnerable for his liking. But he didn't. Judas remained politely tight-lipped, nodding in understanding.

"A drink would be lovely, thank you."

With that, he followed her waywardly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom