Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starlin was worried about Ceri.

This was nothing new. He might seem insanely mellow and laid-back most of the time, but he was always concerned about his apprentices. He couldn’t help it. After all, he still remembered what it was like to be them, and his padawan years hadn’t exactly been nothing but fun.

Well, they were mostly fun. But they certainly weren’t carefree.

Ceri, though… He couldn’t get the image of her fear-stricken face out of his head. If Indomuodo was too much for her, how would she be able to handle the Sith?

Makko and Tenn and Starlin himself had all led hard lives before joining the Jedi. Ceri had not. Ceri was an innocent. She had come from loving parents, a good home, safety and comfort and sunshine. She just wanted to be everybody’s friend. Eli had been like that, and… Starlin didn’t want another Eli on his hands. But how could he prevent her from turning out like him? What mistakes had he made with Eli, that he could avoid with Ceri?

The dilemma troubled him endlessly, until one day he remembered something Syd had taught him long ago. From there, the lesson planned itself.

One day, while his other students were in classes, he asked Ceri to meet him in the Temple archives. He didn’t tell her what they were going to do, only to bring her lightsaber.

banner2.png

SPARKY
ARCHIVES | JEDI TEMPLE
TAG: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

ceridiv.png

banner12.png

BLAME IT ON ME

At the Temple for a change.

Ceri liked coming to the Temple. It gave her a chance to get caught up with some of her other friends, hang out at the local food joints, get new music and at least pretend to pay attention to classes - not a lot of other Jedi Masters valued practical training like Starlin did.

Ceri was in the gardens, practicing some acrobatics with Vaylaar when she got her Master's message to meet him in the archives with her lightsaber. Her face scrunched. That was weird. He usually gave more of a premise of what they were going to do. Like the time he had taken them all to Kashyyyk.

But who was she to argue?

So she said her goodbyes to Vayl and headed for the archives, her saber on her hip and Evie rolling after her as she went, beeping at her.
"I don't know what we're gonna do. I doubt it'll be boring though. Old Master Moz can learn a thing or two from Starlin - like how to not let Padawans fall asleep because of his droning." Ceri babbled as she hurried to the archives.
Evie gave a warble which sounded like laughter.
"It's not funny. It's horrible. I can't even listen to music to make it better." the Chandrilan grumbled.

They burst through the doors of the vast room, Ceri bounding up to her Master with a grin on her face. At least he doesn't give her glowering looks like the rest of the Jedi when she's happy.

"We're here! So, what we doing?"

Ceri would notice that the library was noticeably empty, as if it had been cleared out for the time being. Starlin could be found leaning against a wall, his arms folded over his chest. He looked like he would’ve enjoyed a cig right then, but the library was a no smoking area.

"We're here! So, what we doing?"

At the sound of Ceri’s voice, he straightened up and turned to face his apprentice. “Hey, Ceri,” he said with a friendly wave. He may have been a little tense, but he was still himself, and Ceri’s happy demeanor was infectious anyway. “How you doin’?

As Ceri ran over to him, she would see a female Pylantian waiting behind one of the nearby bookcases. Starlin jerked a thumb in her direction. “I assume you already know Master Cthylla,” he said.

“I don’t believe we’ve met before, actually.” Cthylla’s body wriggled in the Pylantian equivalent of a bow. “I am Master Kassogtha Cthylla, the new Chief Librarian. You must be Padawan Fraissi.”

She’s going to open a secret passageway in the library for us,” Starlin explained. “We’re going down into the labyrinthine lower levels today for lightsaber practice.” There was that aura of tension again, betraying the seriousness of the undertaking, but so far he hadn't revealed what the big deal was yet.

Kass was also aware of it, swiftly adopting a more businesslike manner. “If you’ll follow me, please,” she said, heading deeper into the archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom