Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In light or deep shadow.

The big Mandalorian stood on the heavy wood landing platform between trees as tall as the metal caves of Coruscant. A steady breeze drifted across the platform like the finger tips of a lover's hands. The sun fell in dappled patches across the world of the wookies. Ordo stood with a bandoleer of hanging lightsabers over His simple dull grey beskar'gam as the son of His old trainer Chawarrruuk and current chief of this village handed Him an old bowcaster and two Ryyk blades. Ordo accepted with a grunting roaring language that was very nearly fluent. He had never truely mastered the nasal growl but it was close enough for informal conversation.

He slung one ryyk blade cross body opposite His collected lightsabers so the hilt rose over His shoulder and craddled the bowcaster in the crook of His elbow as He waited for the young Mandalorian to arrive. Today would begin the other man's Verd'gotten and he would leave this world a blooded Mandalorian or by order of The Manda, he wouldn't leave and his beskar would return without him.

Treoff Kellak Treoff Kellak

Intimidation. Treoff was definitely fearful of this man. He did not know him, he only knew of him. He granted Treoff his first armor, and with it, Treoff could feel the history, the pain, the grief. This man had seen war, perhaps... things worse than war. He was not someone to only revere, but not cross. And when Treoff meant to respect him, he meant to understand the scars which built the man, a dangerous man. Not because he is aggressive, but because he was a veteran.

Treoff had landed just a bit aways, determined to fight for his own survival. This would be the ultimate challenge for him, as Treoff was nothing without his technology. But he brought with him only what he could unendingly use; his armor, and his Naast'beskad. He did bring his Legion Pistol, but he would not rely on it. Only as the situation called for it. And if there was a time that pistol would be removed from his person, he would do his best to rely on his Naast'beskad.

He climbed the tree that he found Ordo in. It was grueling, and tough, in such a heavy armor. But at least Treoff had strength. Nothing compared to Ordo, of course, but it would get him up this tree. Once he got up and onto the wooden platform, he took a first and hit his own breastplate, saluting to Ordo, "vod," he uttered, "or should I say, Alor'ad... al'verde?"

Ordo Ordo

Once he got up and onto the wooden platform, he took a first and hit his own breastplate, saluting to Ordo, "vod," he uttered, "or should I say, Alor'ad... al'verde?"
Ordo turned to the younger Mandalorian and shoved the Ryyk blade at him.

"Just Ordo is fine Kellak." He said simply, He had once accepted others needed to show honor to a rank or a position of authority but he wasn't a Field Marshal, or War Master any longer. Those days were finished and what he was now to the Mandalorian people...they would learn in time, when they were ready. Until then, "This is where I trained when I first left Corellia with my Buir. I have a long, long history, with these people. And we'll honor their ways while we honor our own. No weapons other than what you make yourself or your guide provides you."

Ordo gave the other man a solid clap on the shoulder.

"You'll succeed or We'll stay here until you die." He said casually, "We can't return from the shadowlands and the forest floor until we've completed a successful hunt. Like us the Wookies believe in honor and the sacredness of the hunt. But I wouldn't have brought you if I thought you'd fail."

Without further preamble Ordo walked to a large wooden lift and boarded. The wookies near the lift saluted with huge hairy fist to their chest as He passed.

"Oya, let's hunt, Ner vod."

Treoff grabbed at the blade as it was pushed into his chest. He accepted it, gripping it in his right hand. "Then by your order, Ordo," he drew his Legion Pistol which he has kept by his side for long, and held it in an open, flat hand, presenting it to Ordo to take or to do with what was necessary. He wasn't going to conceal a weapon from him. After which, he nodded, understanding how serious this was. This would break his technology weakness, or break him. He followed Ordo onto the lift, giving a respectful nod to the Wookiees as well. "What shall we be hunting, Ordo?" he used this moment to look around the trees, he hadn't had time to take in the breeze or the view until now. "Do you think the Wookiees are confused by seeing your face, but your armor on me? Or do you think they understand what's going on?"

Ordo Ordo

"Do you think the Wookiees are confused by seeing your face, but your armor on me? Or do you think they understand what's going on?"
"They understand that more clearly than how I've out lived a wookie." Ordo said casually, "The chief's father and I trained together when we were both young"

They neared the mid level of the descent and Ordo lofted a bowcaster bolt into a flying predator.

"This forest is full of things trying to eat something else, and they only get more dangerous the lower we go." Ordo continued as if the casual killing was a passing cloud. "We're going to look for a sithspawn the chief told Me about. Like a rancor but a tad bigger. Alot less intelligent too. I have some components, you'll have to make a bowcaster like mine. They kept it for me since my last hunt. Then we go home."

The rope and wood creaked loudly as they passed the half way marker and the sun got less and less.

The wookiees were certainly wise. Treoff didn't know the particulars on their species, but he knew they could get considerably old. They had been allies for at least two of the most greatest and famous wars in Galactic History, and they had always been seen as great adversaries and intelligent. Ordo being amongst them to train was definitely a boon in more ways than one. In some ways, Treoff was a bit envious. He didn't know their language nor customs, so he felt it disrespectful to try and get to know them or their ways, and even if he did, he wouldn't have half the knowledge Ordo had from them.

Treoff listened, and watched, as Ordo spoke and even as he casually shot at a flying creature. Treoff was unaffected by this, if anything, appreciative of Ordo's initial protection, although he knew it was not done to protect Treoff. "Oh, uh.... a Sithspawn?" Sithspawn were things Treoff only heard about in stories, most of his life he was thankfully kept safe on Coruscant. Even when he engaged in battles off COruscant, he hadn't really seen a Sithspawn before. They were often savage, ruthless monstrosities. Old Treoff would sooner stay in his ship and acted as a gunship against them, rather than fight them face to face, without even so much as a gun. "Alright then, I'll do my best to craft one, but I've never even touched a bowcaster in my life, sir," he was apologetic in his voice. He was from an era where safe and security was utmost. He was raised in such a life where life was never threatened. Probably pathetic, in Ordo's eyes, who had seen every terror this galaxy had to offer.

Ordo Ordo

"Alright then, I'll do my best to craft one, but I've never even touched a bowcaster in my life, sir,"
Ordo nodded calmly. He remembered His first time on this world. Barely a scrap of armor and a pair of blaster pistols to His name. It was...The best time of His life. His Buir, adopted though he was, had wrung Him out and asked for more. And Ordo had learned.

"That's why I'm here." He said calmly, "You don't expect a field to sprout without sowing seeds, Kellak."

They neared the bottom and Ordo loaded the bowcaster again.

"It's time. We'll start looking for tracks when we step off the lift." He said almost lecturing the steps, "I'll cover you but keep your wits about you."

They touched down and Ordo lifted His bowcastor and began sweeping the area as they entered a world of danger and deep shadows.

Ordo was something of a relic of a bygone era to Treoff. Only in the way that Treoff believed we lived in a time of living and not surviving. This more than implied Ordo had a great wealth of knowledge, it meant Ordo was truly something beyond Treoff's comprehension. Treoff could never hope to understand or truly know Ordo, but he hoped he could become his vod, in reality.

Treoff nodded to Ordo's words, Treoff felt more like the seed, than the sprout, but he took the compliment as it was given. Without a bowcaster of his own, he gripped his Naast'beskad close. He had no idea how to track, so he would lean on Ordo for his instructions until he could do it himself.

"How intelligent would you say it is, Ordo? What are its most common forms of attacks?"

Ordo Ordo

"How intelligent would you say it is, Ordo? What are its most common forms of attacks?"

Ordo watched the dim forest floor through is visor. His HUD fed Him a plethora of information, very little of which He needed at this exact moment. His range finder and thermal imaging were the most help. He scanned the ground and saw a few fresh tracks as He began walking deeper into the thick mass of trees and underbrush.

"Mostly the things are just resistant to the force." He said calmly opting for using the helmet comms, "Attacks are similar to any large predator, tooth and claw. A good stomp if it gets you on the ground. Your armor can handle all of that. Very tough hide. That's going to be the kicker for us."

He raised His bowcastor and scanned again as His HUD picked up distant heavy steps. He pulled a satchel over His head with one hand that held the base components for a new bow castor.

"Better get going on the bowcastor, Treoff." He said still holding His sights on the trees, "We've got movement about a kilometer out and slowly closing."

Treoff opted for using his internal comms as well, when Ordo began, taking it as a subtle sign. Keeping the outside voice to practically a mute so he can keep in contact with Ordo and not be heard. Ordo's armor was pretty damned amazing, to say the least. It fitted well to him, although it didn't feel accustomed to him. He knew in time both he and the armor would adjust. Wait, what? Get going on the bowcaster??

"Wh-Ordo, sir! I don't know how to craft a toothpick, let alone a bowcaster! You're practically asking me to construct a blaster or a lightsaber!" he yelled in a whispering tone, through internal comms. He scanned along the area with his own helmet as well, while putting his spear on his back and fumbling with bowcaster parts. Maintaining a weapon wasn't foreign to him, so long as he knew the weapon in question. Crafting a brand new weapon? That he had zero knowledge on? Chit, this is where he disappointed Ordo, showing his technological dependency.

Ordo Ordo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom