Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Dark Places

It was a world of terrible wonder and great history, both matters Lothaire would have taken a keen interest in were it not for the content of the data-slate trembling in his hands. Years of no notice, years of neglect, and his father's first interaction with him in a decade was a public denouncement. His destiny had seemed so sure when the priests had approached him in the night, the providence of his ascension assured by the Ashla herself. Finally, he would take his place at his father's side become more than a poorly hidden mistake.

Evidently his father did not share such beliefs or desires. He supposed if the man reviled him this much that if should be a relief he'd not been entirely disinherited, though his status as a bastard made all of his claims null all the same. Was there any point in continuing this private crusade for recognition if the one man he wanted to pay attention to him wanted him forgotten?

"Prepare to disembark," the pilot's voice prattled over the shuttle intercomm.

Lothaire drew in a deep breath, sat up straight, and exhaled slowly. He didn't know what the path forward might be, but his station had not change and orders were not given to stand down. Only recommendations. Lothaire already had so much to prove; what was a little more?

The shuttle shook as it touched down on the landing pad of a factory city carved into the edifice of a long dormant volcano. The planet was a violent place, rivers of lava flowing through molten canyons of a mountainscape of sulfuric rock that extended as far as the eye could see. The city itself was huddled beneath a thin blue sphere that encompassed it like a globe.

"The shield generator is quite impressive," Lothaire mumbled as he glanced out the window. His accompanying marines grunted their affirmations. After gathering himself for a moment longer, Lothaire rose and led the small procession down the landing plank. He was met by several Aqualish dignitaries, the members of small house that had taken it upon themselves to construct this artificial mining colony.

"Greetings House R'wtich," the name sounded odd on his tongue, "You mentioned something about a bomb?"

The Aqualish each offered a bow, though several of them seemed rather hesitant in doing so. "Prince-Lothaire," the largest of them spoke with a garbled electronic translator, "We are honored by your presence your grace. I must say, our house does not wholly agree with the Kaiser's sentiments."

"I appreciate that, but you would do well not to verbalize dissent for the Kaiser's decisions," he replied brusquely.

The head of House R'witch blinked at him. "Of course, your grace, I forget myself. Yes, two of our factories have been bombed in the past week. Six workers were killed, and Syndicalist graffiti was found at each of the sites. I worry we might have a revolution on our hands!"

"Syndicalists?" Lothaire lofted a brow, "Here? I wasn't aware they were returning to violent methods once again. I'd thought agreements were firm...perhaps a splinter cell?"

"Splinter or not, they are still poised at our throats." The House Head sputtered, "We need this matter dealt with quickly my prince. You would have our support in your crusades if you could resolve it expediently."

The prince-chaplain offered a disinterested shrug, his gaze drifting off toward the mountains in the distance. "I will deal with it. Take me to the factories."

Rayia Si Rayia Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom