Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Bogan we Trust

will you sink down to me?

mJeqsKm.png

It was hard to land on a planet that did not seem to have one spaceport to speak of, but Damsy had done it before, so she managed. She eased the starfighter that Idris had loaned her into some particularly thick outskirts of the Jungle Highlands on a small continent in the southern hemisphere known as Keshtash Minor. Once she had popped the sun bonnet and hopped onto the lush ground cover below the landing gear, she called on nearby foliage to bend towards the vehicle. When happy with her weaving of durasteel and vegetation, Damsy broke from the semi-closed canopy onto plainlands. She shielded her eyes against the brighter light before scanning the horizon for the Takara Mountains, which then became her waypoint.

Early morning had drawn into evening, sun likewise beginning to draw down on the skyline, when Damsy could smell far off sea salt. She glanced down at her gauntlet HUD. She must have been sensing the Sea of Flames a few kilometers west of…whatever city was standing in the way. Damsy squinted up from the screen, then back down to it. It shouldn’t be here, the city nor the desert that it lay in. Neither wasn’t listed on the map.

Yes, the map was some 4,000 years out of date, and while of course new cities were periodically established, did deserts sprout up in such short spans of geologic time? Unlikely. Very unlikely.

But it was the only way on to the Sith Temple.

A few steps ahead and Damsy’s boot was embedded in quartz sand. She could immediately feel the dry heat of the new biome opposite of the comfortable atmosphere of a few meters backwards. She pulled up her hood and rushed towards towards the red walls of the mystery city that waved in streams of heat over yonder dunes.

There turned out to be much more ground to cover than her eyes had originally seen. It probably came down to perspective. Night had fallen—which was welcome—and then rose—which wasn’t—before Damsy reached the gates. No guards were posted along the walls, even on the top, but the trellis was shut. She stumbled towards it, all but falling against it when she wrapped fingers around the wooden spokes. Beyond the gate, the city opened into a marketplace, which was nearly empty at this hour of dawn.

’Cuse me, sir?!” Damsy called to a pair of green wings hunched behind a stall, clearing her throat once and trying again to speak more clearly to break up the cotton in her mouth. They straightened, then the attached humanoid rose from obscurity. He walked over to her. “Where am I?

This is Naneti Sso Jri Qorit,” he replied. “Last bastion for devotees of the Lost Tribe.” Damsy felt her face screw up before she could stop it. Idris had given her some reading regarding them to occupy her hyperspace jump from his homestead to Kesh. In another response, the S’kytri frowned. “You should move on if you‘re not one of us.

Sure. I jus’ need some water.

He stepped back. Damsy didn’t have time to anticipate disappointment before she fell through the gate. ”Middle of the plaza. That way. There’s a fount.” He pointed before walking away to return to setting up his shop.

…the feth?” she muttered once she was alone. A glance back at the gate revealed that it was still lowered. She was confused, but thirst overrode, driving her toward the apparent source of water.

And it was there a short distance down an unpaved street. She approached it with her canteen poised to refill it. Once it was, she rose it to her lips, gulped at the new contents, and slide down a nearby wall. When she had emptied at least half of the canteen’s volume and came to sit in the sand, her eyelids flutter closed, opened, and it was mid-morning. The market was bustling: children running, mounts braying, customers bartering. Her hearing was overwhelmed, then honed to one conversation.

I already told you—

And I told you, old man, the Keshiri people don’t need your false hope.

Damsy strained a moment before her eyes, too, fell on the sight dead ahead.

Two near-humans stood around a metal stele covered in vaguely familiar runes. The older man faced them, while a woman stood to the side of him. He seemed to be reading to himself until he glanced over at Damsy.

A long moment of surprise passed between them both, stretching past simple embarrassment of catching a stranger staring or being caught doing so.

…Oh Bogan, Halmethe, that’s her.

Damsy began clawing at the sand for leverage to stand. Chit.

Last edited:
will you sink down to me?

Damsy managed to her feet as the two humanoids stood transfixed a handful of meters away. "Nope," she replied without realizing that she had, though to none but herself. Nope, nope, nope. The insinuation that yonder man plus yonder shopkeeper equaled was not good. Actually, throw Idris into that equation too, just for good measure. She had stumbled upon an old age cult and he had all but let her, encouraged her.

When she turned to exit this hellish agora, the spell snapped. "Stop, Milady, please!"

"No—" the woman's voice came, floating along with Damsy as she pressed on towards an open street.

His voice cut off Halmenthe's, both physical and etheric:

<"Syreni!">

She froze. The blood in her feet solidified to lead. And then her consciousness switched off like an antique holovision.

h7LwA4t.png

When the Siren's eyes opened again, she was staring up on a domed ceiling, from which linen curtains draped down from like stalactites. She squinted, trying to make sense of the patterns, but otherwise stayed still until she felt the mattress underneath her bow. Then she jerked away from the disturbance. As she sat up, the man from the marketplace reached out to help steady her. In his other hand, he held a glass of some clear liquid. It smelled slightly salted.

"Excuse me for probing, Milady," he apologized. "I had to prove my...worth, you see. I just forgot my strength."

She scooted even further away from him so she was just out of reach. "Who are you? Where am I?" A slight pause. "An' how do you know that name?"

He resituated himself on the side of the bed and cradled the drinking vessel in his lap. "I am Nenral. You are in Naneti Manor. As for how I know what I do, my predecessors have been waiting for you for quite a long time. So long in fact that most of Kesh has lost faith that you would return."

Damsy shook her head. "You're mistaken, man. Whateva' you after, it ain't me."

Nenral only smiled. "You're a Sithspawn, aren't you?" he asked. "And you're lost."

"Not capital L, if that's your meanin'."

Then he laughed. "Oh my, no. Those types are long dead. I mean you're wayward. You've lost a home, one around you and another within." He motioned in time to their surroundings then his left temple.

Pursing her lips, Damsy mulled that over. "A friend sent me to find that last one 'gain."

"And the former in the process. This is..." Nenral stopped himself, then knit his brow. "I'm sorry, do you not speak ur-Kittât?"

"Not fluently," she admitted before sniffing. The question reminded her of Arisso, who reminded her of the Reef, which reminded her of Kai.

Nenral explained, "This place translates to Wandering-no-More." Finally, he offered the glass out to Damsy. "And it is for you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom