Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Between the Setting Suns [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
East Willow County

Stormvale
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
"I like these," Fiolette said to Mr. Jephcots, "coming in well aren't they?"

"Quite nicely if I do say so myself," Mr. Jephcots remarked as he stood beside Fiolette in the Green House. "Garlic and cauliflower should be ready to harvest soon, Mrs. Hicks will enjoy that greatly I think." He had Fiolette follow him down the row as they continued their inspection of the garden here. Rows of vegetables, flowers and herbs to be looked at and Jephcots gave his report while doing so. Fiolette kept her hands at her back walking in time as she followed and nodded along when she had to. "Did you want to take a look at the herbalist shed as well?"

"Of course, I'm certain her ladyship appreciates the work you've put into it as well." Balance knew that not all of the herbs there went to the kitchen, Fiolette followed Jephcots out of the Green House. She drew in a breath and exhaled, "and of course we'll have to have a peak into the curing shed, I hear you've got some of Galidraan's best game curing in there."

"Oh yes," Jephcots remarked with a smile, and continued on, "venison, boar and duck I believe as well."

Fiolette returned his smile as they stepped out onto the beautiful Bastion afternoon, the sun was bright as it had been. The winds were just a little bitter as the cold swept in, but it was to be expected as the winter was soon to settle. Mr. Jephcot's daughter greeted them both, she recently moved into the nearby village. "I was startin' to think I wouldn't find either of you." She had come in from the main drive, walking with two baskets. One in each hand happily making her way to her father and Fiolette.

"Oh that's heavenly, Aelissa." The Admiral was rather pleased with the basket, rather what was in them. "Are these - they are, oh how delighful."

"They are indeed, and for father, here you are from the baker."

Fiolette took the pastry basket, "well thank you so kindly, dear Aelissa."

"You are quite welcome, I thought I'd bring these by while making my deliveries. Poor Mr. Rashad has taken ill and requested some groceries, so I ought to be going." Mr. Jephcots gave his daughter a hug and watched her off.

"That was quite lovely, we should set these into the house before resuming our inspects."

Mr. Jephcots agreed and the two then set off for the manor. The aroma of the baskets lingered around them, and Mr. Carrington was more than happy to help take them into the kitchens. Fiolette then took a moment to rest before going back out with Mr. Jephcots as they crossed the property once more to continue their inspections. It happened at least once a month. The Admiral liked to be kept in the loop on her home, and of course with the ranch homestead well under construction rumors had it that she would be seeking a property manager. All signs pointed to the obvious choice of the Jephcot family, but there were others from Lorrd, Galidraan and even Corellia who wanted such a lush position. Fiolette paused a moment to look up at the manor itself spotting the study from where she stood, she imagined that her beloved was either there or in one of her libraries.

"Yes the herbalist shed, please let us continue, Mr. Jephcots." Fiolette and the groundskeeper walked into the shed and the door clattered shut behind them.

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

She was indeed ensconced within her study, three books floating around her as she consulted them on one thing or the other while she reviewed the latest work from the lab on Valrar. She and her alchemists were preparing to enhance their original Z-series Sithspawn, fix some of the issues present within them. She was especially interested in fixing some of the issues within the Zasa Raura that the Emperor had informed her of from its field test against the Mandalorians at Csilla.

Her thoughts were interrupted by movement within her and she both smiled and sighed.

She had yet to let Fiolette know their experiment had succeeded. Not from lack of trying, but the timing had been terrible between the Empire's expansion and then the campaign against the heretics and she had been trying to let her know gently. Well, eventually today, she felt it was high time to let her know bluntly. She was out touring the grounds as she did every month, and she suspected she was subtly looking things over to determine who would oversee all of their properties.

Which, she hadn't even realized had been expanded to a ranch on Bothuwai... a random investment in her opinion.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette appreciated the amount of hard work that Mr. Jephcots had put into Stormvale. It meant more than he probably ever knew, or could know. Stormvale was first and foremost a symbol of what she and Taeli had achieved together. Everything here had a place and purpose and as she walked beside Mr. Jephcot underneath the canopy of trees that lined the path from the gazebo to the bath house. "I do have to ask Admiral," he began, "who you might have in mind to look after the other property?" He was honest and she could appreciate that. She looked over at the man who was certainly taller than her but not so much that he towered.

"To be quite honest, there are many applications that have come across my desk though I've little time to manage it all." The added part of her not wanting to sift through it also came to mind. She also knew what it would look like if she favored a Galidraani family, "however, I must commit myself to review them and ensure an unbias choice." Fiolette drew in a breath and then exhaled. "While your family's name is certainly at the forefront of my mind, I want to ensure that I provide the opportunity for others. I do, however; have something that you and your family can do."

He nodded.

"The Herevan-Ridge Military Academy, I'll need it managed as of late the property has been taken care of by the academy staff." She paused a moment as they approached the bath house, "and I wish to it have a more personal touch. If your family on Galidraan can manage it, please, I ask that you see to it that they take over this role." She also had a few additions in mind and she needed the Jephcots for this task.

"This I can do, thank you and I appreciate your candor, Admiral." He replied and smiled as they arrived at the bath house. "After you."

Fiolette nodded with respect, as Mr. Jephcots opened the door and she stepped through. The tour of the bath house wouldn't take long and the inspection proved fruitful for a discussion on soapers from within the Empire. It wasn't a primary interest but Lucy apparently had spoken in great length with both Mr. Jephcots and Aelissa about it, "well I'm not entirely sure that we need to have one on the payroll, however; I am more than happy to speak with Lucy and see about sending her out to inquire. As I'm sure she's more than happy to accept, and I shall send Aelissa along with her if you are so inclined."

"Aelissa's a big girl Admiral, and yes, I'm sure she'd enjoy it just as well. "

She and Mr. Jephcots then made their way into the manor having completed the inspection, "Mr. Carrington please inform Miss Ahern that the inspection has concluded. I shall be in the Governor's Suite if she has need of me." Fiolette headed up the steps as Miss Wheeler followed quickly taking the Admiral's coat and boots. She inquired if the Admiral needed anything to which the Admiral replied. "Yes, do you know if Mrs. Hicks has any desserts prepared yet?"

"She does."

"If you could sneak one up for me, and one for yourself if she inquires you may blame me."

Miss Wheeler chuckled lightly and headed up to get the boots and coat cleaned up while working on 'sneaking,' desserts up. The Governor's Suite had been rearranged more or less as Fiolette's area of play. Where models of starships laid about, wooden models of old Galidraani cars also laid about with tarp covering most of the furniture here. A carpenter's workbench had been moved in, tools were set up on crates and sofas that were more than worn in served their purposes. Fiolette sank into one of them and exhaled as she untied her hair. She ran her hand through her hair loosening it up she felt the ache in her bones and looked over at the little trinkets she had been working on. She toyed with the idea of going up to find Taeli, but she did not want to intrude on her wife's studies. Instead, Fiolette settled a little further into the sofa swinging her feet up and laying her head back on the arm of the sofa.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"My Lady?"

Taeli looked up from the text she was studying, an ancient treatise by a long forgotten Sith alchemist she had recovered from some black market dealer, to see her personal maid Rose Ahern entering her study. The girl walked with new confidence, especially when in the presence of her Master. She was quickly going through her studies, and was very good at hiding it from the rest of the staff. She would make a good Sith once her education was complete.

She also had been broken her habit of speaking like a Galidraani, at least in the presence of Taeli. She did not need all that decorum all the bloody time.

"Lady Fiolette has returned from her inspection, she wanted you to know she was going to the Governor's Suite."

Why they called it that when neither of them was a governor was perplexing to Taeli. Did Fiolette expect them to entertain a governor from somewhere in the Empire? Taeli certainly wouldn't want one of those cutthroat politicians in her home. Maybe it was another naming convention from Galidraan. Oh well, it wasn't important.

"Thank you, Rose. Please see that the books get placed back in their proper spot," she said. "When you're done with that, I want you to run through a few exercises."

"Of course," the girl replied brightly.

Taeli left the study, and the young maid, to her work and started making her way down to what Taeli called Fiolette's Happy Working Space. Her wife had such an eclectic assortment of hobbies that Taeli sometimes had trouble keeping track. They certainly spent their money differently. Fiolette was happy to have garages of old Galidraani cars, meaderies, and on and on. Taeli spent her money on books, ancient artifacts, and other things one would find useful as a Sith sorceress and alchemist.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Historically, the Governor's Suite served the Governor, and now - now it was just where Fiolette kicked back and relaxed. In this particular instance she had since had her desserts and changed into a pair of trousers with a set of suspenders holding them up, a white loose fitting blouse with the sleeves rolled up. An old Galidraani song played on the music player as her hands glided over the wood, as the sunlight filtered in through the window. Her attention focused on an old sea vessel from her childhood, she recalled the tragic tale of its sinking but admired the ship's beauty nevertheless. An empty cup of tea rested on a small portable table against the wall, as she sanded down the wood creating a smooth surface. "You know, I'm starting to get used to this whole bond - I suppose a more formal bond," Fiolette began having felt then heard Taeli approach before turning to greet her with a smile, "though I had read that Han and Leia had one, no, rituals involved not that I mind."

Fiolette looked about the suite for a towel or rag and thankfully Miss Wheeler had handed her one from the corner of the room. "Thank you so much Miss Wheeler, I believe a bath will be in order shortly." Which was Miss Wheeler's cue to exit the room, the Galidraani wiped her hands and then the sweat from her brow before walking over toward her wife. She gave Taeli a kiss on the lips, "afternoon darling, how are your studies coming along?" Fiolette inquired as she cleaned off the sofa some, and motioned for Taeli to join her there. The Galidraani all but melted back into the worn in furniture. She drew in Taeli's features tracing the Lorrdian's jawline with her eyes, azure orbs then looked into a pair of violet ones before them.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"Leia Solo was a Jedi, and Han... well Han Solo it is said broke all the rules," Taeli remarked as she took in her beloved's latest project. Yet another new hobby it would seem, she thought with some amusement. "But yes, they do come quite in handy sometimes."

She smiled as she accepted the kiss from Fiolette.

"I'm neck deep in old tomes and manuscripts, I needed a break," she answered her wife's question. "You would not believe how hard it is to scrape together a sentence there, a passing mention or vague riddle here, for ideas on how to elevate my creative processes. The field reports from the Joycelyn and the Emperor have been illuminating on what needs fixed on some of my projects, plus I wanted to enhance them anyways. Piecing together old work and crafting my own spells to fill in the gaps or to actually finish the work someone else started and died before completing."

She gave a heavy and dramatic sigh. They both knew Taeli loved what she did, the delving into knowledge and crafting of new. She took pride in her work and experiments, and in turn, she had gained a position of power she could only have dreamed of during her time as an acolyte in the One Sith.

"So what is the hobby for this week?" she teased.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Indeed he did, loved reading stories about them. Han in particular with the famed Millennium Falcon," Fiolette with an arm atop of the arm rest of the sofa and the other along the back where Taeli sat. "Yes, yes they do," she agreed with her wife there and listened to the Lorridan go on about her experiments. Truth be told she couldn't follow even half of what Taeli said most days but she was happy to smile and nod along, and that was true for Taeli when Fio went about her own hobbies or something that she didn't quite understand. Now they would certainly try to explain to the other, but there were days where it wasn't necessary. Fiolette was happy enough to have Taeli's company. "Oh, the older experiments then? I wonder - the ones we dropped on Csilla, no?" She inquired out of curiosity since there really wasn't an invasion where the Sith did not deploy one of her wife's numerous creations.

Taeli's heavy and dramatic sigh did bring forth a chuckle from the Galidraani.

"Woodworking," she answered without missing a beat, "brought in some carpentry tools from the workshop there's better lighting here for what I'm looking to do. A model of one the old Galidraani surface ships, she was supposed to be unsinkable, this is what the headlines touted her engineers were quite proud of their work. They, however, could not anticipate for the tragic ending that the ship's maiden voyage would suffer." It wasn't unheard of in this house for Fio to cycle through hobbies, the Lord Admiral's boredom would find a way to make itself productive which ended with a lot of half way finished projects that would eventually get finished. It was always a matter of when not if with Fiolette, and as she looked at her wife she offered. "Should I have Miss Wheeler bring you something? Mrs. Hicks has made a fabulous dessert ... I believe the receipe originated from Alderaan if I'm not mistaken."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"Some of the ones from Csilla certainly," she replied, smiling. "They have some weaknesses in their abilities I need to patch up. Some enhancements that have come to mind since I first made them while I was among the Alliance."

Woodworking? An old Galidraani ship that suffered misfortune on its maiden voyage? Her eyebrows quirked up in amusement as Fiolette briefly told the tale of the ship in question and excitedly showed her the progress she had made on her model. She supposed, once she was finished with the model, they could mount it in one of the rooms or over the mantel in a study. She did add it to the mental list she kept of Fiolette's projects that still needed to be completed and the ones she had finished.

"I'm good for now, dear," she responded to the offer for dessert. "I'm not exactly feeling dessert right not to be honest."

She took a seat on the arm of the sofa in the room, crossing her legs and smiling at Fiolette.

"Wasn't feeling so well this morning, like usual."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette shifted on the sofa as Taeli sat on the arm of it. "I see," she said in accordance to what Taeli had mentioned regarding some of the experiments that had been unleashed on Csilla. There was mention of not feeling for dessert which was quite alright, looking up at her wife she smiled warmly but had some concern. "We ought to take you to see someone for that then, you've not been feeling well for sometime now." It wasn't like Taeli to be ill, let alone for this long and it occured to Fio that Taeli had gained a little weight but not enough for it to warrant concern. Many gain weight after marriage something about being happy, content or the expression of being fat and happy as it were. No, there was something else at play here and the Galidraani couldn't quite place her finger on it.

The music had come to a stop and the needle no longer danced along the record. Silence settled around the two as the Lord Admiral with all her experience and expertise thought for a moment and then settled on that this must be some type of flu going around the Dark Palace. It had not occured to Fiolette that her wife could be pregnant, no, that notion was right out. She knew that Taeli wanted children, and had created some sort of ... device, to help with this, however, had not heard about it since they had tried for a child before the Winter Ball. She knew that attempting to concieve could be hard enough for heterosexual couples let alone for homosexual couples. Fiolette simply thought that her wife had taken ill and said, "I still have an old friend Dr. Eldrel she's transitioned to life here in the Empire, or perhaps Dr. Rashad she's also quite talented."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"While I'm sure they are quite competent at their jobs, there is nothing a doctor can do about... treating what I have," Taeli responded, smiling as yet again what she had been hinting at went right over Fiolette's head. Bless her beloved heart's, but sometimes she just could not pick up on subtlety to save her life. Ever since the Winter Ball, Taeli had been trying to gently break the news to Fiolette, and every single time, the redheaded older woman had been completely oblivious to those hints. Several weeks of this dance, as amusing as it was, she had hoped at SOME point she would have figured it out.

Maybe it was time to try her approach; take a metaphorical turbolaser to the situation as it were.

"Do you remember the experiment we tried?" she began, trying to keep her expression neutral. She wanted Fiolette to connect the dots after all. "The uh... one we've tried a few times. Well..."

She trailed off, blushing a bit. Come on, she thought, come on Fiolette.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"What do you mean they-" Fiolette stopped mid sentence when Taeli asked if she remembered the experiment they had tried, "well yes of course I do, it would be hard to-" She narrowed her gaze as her beloved's voice trailed off. It then began to dawn on the Galidraani they had tried many times to try and concieve, how terrible that she had not thought that they could be successful. Then she thought back to the most recent times when Taeli would mention being sick or that she was late. Good Heavens, Fiolette stood to her feet almost immediately with her hair sweeping in behind. The woman took a look at her wife and examined her and all those subtle times when Taeli tried to tell her. It wasn't that they had failed, no - no they had succeeded and now? Now Fiolette felt quite silly for not having caught on sooner, a lot sooner. "Do you, are you..."

"Are you pregnant?" She dared to ask such, "is that what you've been on about all this time?"

Emotion crept into her eyes, it wasn't that she hadn't expected it to - she just assumed it would take longer and... by the Balance. The Galidraani's mind swam trying to think on when the child could have been concieved although she knew that Taeli would have a better idea as to when. Fio threw that aside now, it didn't matter when all that mattered now was that they had, "oh my love, my sweet love." She confessed with a joyous tone in her voice, "oh forgive me for being so dense perhaps it is my age or advancing wisdom as they say. Oh heavens above." Fiolette chuckled now and looked at Taeli and laughed a little more with delight. "How far along?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

The metaphorical credit chip was flipping through the air as Fiolette pieced together what Taeli had said and then... it finally clattered to the ground as she got it. Taeli gave a smile and placed one of Fiolette's hands on her stomach, her eyes watery.

"Twelve weeks, my wonderfully dense wife," Taeli replied, teasing her beloved. "I've been trying to tell you since the Winter Ball, hinting and trying to gently tell you, but you my love can be very oblivious sometimes."

It had been endearing to Taeli, in a sense hilarious because Fiolette normally prided herself on her observation skills. Taeli was also fairly certain that the household staff had been taking wagers on when Fiolette would finally catch on to what was going on with Lady Raaf. According to Rose, the pot had gotten up to several thousand credits with a variety of timeframes based on how far along Taeli was.

"So I took a page out of your book, and fired a... metaphorical turbolaser barrage of clues."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette closed the distance between them and she just could not believe this. She could, but she couldn't it was all so surreal, the Galidraani intertwined her fingers with Taeli's and leaned in for a kiss. When she took a step back and pulled away, fingers still holding onto the Lorrdian's. "Oh darling, I am so terribly sorry, forgive me for not realizing this sooner." She then found herself overcome with emotion, Fiolette stepped toward the sofa once more and took her seat. So many things ran in her mind, like would the baby be okay given the nature of conception. Would the child come out alright and without issue?

"How are you feeling?" Was her next question, and she asked without thought - her mind continued to race. Oh the nursery, the nursery thank the Force they still had it. A nanny, did they need one? No, probably not given Taeli's dislike for the amount of servants they had now. Oh, but a governess perhaps? Maybe? Goodness. No, not even the girls had one of those. She let her back melt into the sofa's and her eyes went distant a moment as she thought about all they would need. Then she came back to reality and looked over at her wife, and smiled - a wide ear to ear smile that Fiolette just couldn't shake. "Please sit here, do you need an extra cushion?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Raaf"]

"Oh need to apologize, it was amusing really," Taeli laughed as her wife started to realize what it all meant. She could see it playing out over her face and most especially in her eyes, the thoughts racing behind those intelligent eyes. Taeli had been considering how she wanted to raise the child, and she wanted to do as much as themselves as possible. She didn't trust servants to do the job properly or really trust them not to reveal a potential weakness to rivals.

"And I'm fine, Fio," she said. "I'm not helpless or anything."

While she knew that eventually, her baby bump would making moving difficult, she was not even close to that point yet. There was no need to coddle her. She was a powerful Sith Lady and the idea of being... constrained already rankled her.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Someone once said that life would always find a way, and it wasn't until right then and there on that sofa that Fio really got it. Yes, this was something that Taeli made happen but to be honest, skepticism was a healthy part of Fio's life. Today she was glad that the skeptic lost, elated to be exact as she coaxed Taeli into her lap. She buried her nose into the back of her wife's neck while both hands snaked around to rest atop of her wife's abdomen. "You are so many things, helpless is not one of them," Fiolete whispered and took a breath as she searched for the words, "but it is perfectly reasonable to be pampered."

"You carry the most precious thing in our lives, my love."

Fiolette couldn't overstate just how amazing this entire moment was, and yet she wondered, "is ... is our child..."

"Will our child be sensitive to the Force?" The Galidraani inquired, as her mind immediately thought to Ferrathias and the path that he chose. While she knew there was no way that Taeli would tolerate their child becoming a Jedi or even let that idea swim about the child's head. Fiolette's own past was enough to put her on this path of questioning - still, "actually... you know let's not worry about that and just enjoy this for what it is."

Life.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom