Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In all things, the power of the Force (Lady Kay).

"When I return to duty, I intend to find a ship similar to your own in that I will not have to pilot her myself..." He smiled somewhat awkwardly, his fear of flying wasn't the most common thing in today's society, least of all one to be proud of; "Perhaps then you can join me for tea aboard my vessel...-Though you will have to make it, I am terrible at these things" he chuckled softly and soon glanced around the guest quarters that they were in; the room itself seeming so quiet and peaceful, as if there were not a world out there awaiting [member="Lady Kay"]'s leadership not a Jedi Order awaiting him to combat the Dark Side of the Force. "Sadly these are not simple lives that we lead. I don't often think of it though now, here, I wonder what my life would be like had I not dedicated myself to the Jedi Path. That I'd not had to fight my whole life against others who would seek to meet their own means. It can be a tiring and discouraging life if you allow it to get into your heart and dampen your spirits...".

Jedi were encouraged to ignore such thoughts, to look away from such things as they'd given their lives to the Order but even he found times of war and the consistency of conflict to be begrudging and exhausting. The thought of a peaceful life, one that he might be happy and without the constant battling of others or the arguing of politics both within and outside of the Order itself, was a pleasant prospect. If not completely unrealistic...-Right?

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
She was pretty sure that she could get [member="Veiere Arenais"] a ship and pilot. Kay had a lot of friends with plenty of ships and crews. She smiled as he invited her to drop by for some tea and laughed a little as he suggested that she brew it. "I can teach you how to make Sapir tea. It's really quite easy. The leaves dissolve in the water as it steeps, so there's not a lot of work needed to be done. It's a far easier task than folding your robes."

She nodded a little as he told her his thoughts on what would happen if he had made different life choices. Kay had done the same. Maybe it's something that everyone does. The grass is supposed to be greener on the other side, isn't it?

"I have wondered the same thing at times. But I'm not so sure if I would have chosen differently if given the chance. I wouldn't of met my husband. Our marriage may have been short and I do still blame myself for his death at times, but most of the moments that we shared together were wonderful. I have helped to save many lives and continue to do so. Like you, some luxuries are out of reach in part because of the dangers that are a part of our jobs. I wouldn't want to put anyone in harms way but myself."

[member="Lady Kay"] said something that stuck out to him rather strongly, that she continued to blame herself for the passing of her husband. Looking to her and softening his tone, he tried to reassure her as best he could though knew that in the back of her mind, this would be something that only she could move passed, on her own. "When a life is taken, one that we are so strongly connected to...-Even as a Jedi, it is a crushing blow. I could not hope to deter you from your self-blame yet if I could remind you that we have little control over the actions of others, and that all life returns to the force, finding true peace and harmony beyond our plights...-Well, that would be something" He smiled somewhat rarely, feeling it wasn't quite a subject that he was justified in discussing with her, yet in his care, he chose to do so regardless.

On the matter of 'what if's' however, Veiere turned to glance back to his now empty cup of tea somewhat thoughtfully, vocally imagining his own view of what could have been had he not dedicated himself to the Jedi Order. "I suppose I would have settled down...-I enjoy teaching, perhaps that is something that I would have chosen to do as a career...-A family, even. Who knows..." He smiled genuinely though more so to himself than anything; these were warming thoughts though how would he have protected such a thing without the backing of his Jedi training. "Pleasant thoughts yet I suppose that I would have feared greatly for them, knowing the way the galaxy truly is, I'd have not had the training that I do today to keep them from harm...-Nor would I have helped so many before my exile...".

"Still...-Tomorrow's another day" He added as if conclusively, leaving the conversation to end openly before moving to stand and soon offering her a hand in help. "For now, the hour is late and we have much to think about. I apologize for being so distant lately but worry not, I'm still very much here..." He offered a firm nod to her.

The Day ended on a very provocative train of thought for Veiere, what the future held for the both, he could not know.

Concluding Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom