Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In all things, the power of the Force (Lady Kay).

The Free-Lady, the YT-1300 freighter that was Lady Kay's offered a much needed source of quiet even days after the events of Mimban; the war had exhausted much of Veiere's strength and the many hours that followed his reunion with Terrac and the former senator, Kay; he had sought rest in the spare quarters of her vessel, both in rest and meditation. If there was one thing that the war had confirmed for him, it was that he was out of shape and needed to get back into the old ways of his jedi lifestyle. Dedication to the Jedi Path, discipline through training and exercise and above all, his strengthening of his abilities in the Force itself.

[member="Lady Kay"] had formerly suggested that she'd wished to further explore her talents in abilities such as Telepathy, the communication through words and images shared through mental connection and the sharing of ones presence in the Force itself. For Veiere it would be an easy start back into some semblance of his former life; Telepathy being one of the less strenuous things that he could return to, it was such a talent of his that he was strong in. As a Jedi Consular, a member of the Order that most usually focused first and foremost on the Force itself as opposed to other more physical abilities such as light saber combat; the power of the Force was his greatest interest above all things, and a world of mysteries that would forever continue to be questioned, far to grand for the sentient mind to truly understand in its entirety.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay knocked on the door of his quarters. "Veiere?" It was early afternoon and she hadn't seen nor heard much from him all day. Terrac was piloting The Free Lady towards Munto, a city in a valley that was filled with beautiful terraces. It was also one of her pit stops on her campaign trail to become President of Commenor.

Before the recent coup of the Republic, the leader of Commenor carried the title of Prime Minister as did the leader of the Republic. But after the fallout of the coup, the Elders thought it best to change the title so that bad memories of those events didn't resurface all the time.

She waited patiently for [member="Veiere Arenais"] to answer his door, carrying with her a cup of Sapir tea for him. It was a soothing tea and she figured he could use it. He had gone through much on Mimban while she was safe on Commenor. He needed this kind of break, even though he was technically still on duty as her bodyguard and advisor. It was a good way to get him out of his exile and into the foray of the Galaxy that needed him.

He heard her call, his gaze lifting from his current meditation, eyes opening to look to the door and knowing it to be [member="Lady Kay"] through the presence in the force that he'd learned to be recognized as hers, "Come in..." He called to her, sitting upon the floor of his quarters, legs crossed and hands placed upon his knees; his attire that of his former tunic, plain tan tone, the fabric rough due to the age of the clothes. It was as if he had not wanted to walk away from the former life, even in appearance, few jedi still sporting the tunic or robes of the older traditional Order.

Looking up to see her enter, he pushed himself back up to his feet and moved to greet her, his manners kicking in as he was on her vessel and after-all he had been enlisted to be her guardian, her body guard and these passed couple days, he'd been anything but. He knew that she understood why he had put himself into isolation however it was something he felt they needed to discuss too, to leave things open and without misconceptions between them both.

"I'm sorry that I've not been much company these passed couple days, the events on Mimban.." he paused, glancing aside, that old aged and tired look suddenly showing stronger than he'd have liked, though he continued; "The rest has been something I've needed. As soon as you need me, I'll be back out there at your side M'lady. In fact, i've been considering your mentioning strengthening your ability in Telepathy and it's crossed my mind that there are other ways that I could help you, to be able to keep yourself protected, beyond being your bullet sponge" he forced a smile, as he offered a small joke to break the tension, knowing he still carried the former stress of war in his persona; she would feel it in his presence and though he tried to loose himself in meditation, it'd be a few days before that morbid darkness that whispered of death, left him.

Kay-Larr

She bowed her head and offered [member="Veiere Arenais"] the tea. He probably needed it. She saw the reports of what had happened and it wasn't pretty. "Don't worry about it. Take the rest that you need."

Kay laughed a little as he spoke of being her bullet sponge. He was more than that. He was her advisor too, another perspective to the problems that arose around her. "I would love to have further training. And it's quiet times like these, when we have ample opportunity. But I don't want to pressure you. We can wait until you're ready." She knew that it wouldn't take much physical effort, but mentally it would, and she wasn't sure what kind of a mind set he was in, if Mimban still hung heavy on his mind.

Veiere offered a small smile in return, lifting a hand dismissively of [member="Lady Kay"]'s concern and replying with an adjusted and warmer tone of voice as he exhaled, "I am simply out of shape. Rushing into battle thinking I was ten years younger wasn't in hind sight, the best of my idea's" he soon chuckled softly, making light of the situation. "It has been a long time since I helped anyone train with me in the ways of the Force but it is part of our way and it will serve as a good distraction. Teaching was one of the things I used to enjoy most in the Enclave back home on Svivren". Veiere had had an apprentice once, a Padawan Learner that had been placed under his care and tutelage by the Jedi Council of their branch. Looking back, it felt like an entirely different life now and it wasn't something that he chose to bring up in the moment, yet the prospect of shared training with anyone brought those memories drifting back, as sad as they were heart warming.

"Do you, by chance, practice meditation at all?" he asked her thoughtfully, turning to invite her in to the room that he had been using; cushions upon the floor and the bed attached to the wall of the ship, untouched. "It is the base of all things that Jedi practice, from discipline and self-control, through to gathering and then harnessing ones presence in the living force so that we might strengthen ourselves in other fields like Telekinesis or Tutaminis...-The younglings used to roll their eyes at these lessons, always found it a bore! No Master of the Force however has got to where they are without the aid of meditation".

Kay-Larr

Perhaps he didn't want the tea. As she stepped further inside his quarters, she set it aside on a small table. It was curious how [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' bed seemed undisturbed. But not everyone found them comfortable.

Kay smiled and nodded. "I have practiced meditation. My late husband always meditated before battle, and he had me do so as well, for he thought I could use the clarity and focus. He didn't like me being on the battlefield, but I was there to help heal the injured. However as of late, I haven't done much of it. Only during lessons."

She thought of her latest lessons at the Jedi Enclave where she learned how to shield herself from blaster fire, and tried her first attempt at shielding her mind. Those took a lot of focus.

Kay sat herself down on one of the cushions, getting herself comfortable. She rested her hands in her lap.She tensed up all of her muscles, held it for a few seconds and then let her body relax. "Are you going to guide me during this meditation?"

[member="Lady Kay"] moved to place the tea somewhere out of the way and perhaps it was how spaced his mind had been but he had somehow completely ignored her up until now, feeling very sentient in his embarrassment, he chuckled awkwardly and moved to take the cup of tea for himself, looking to her with a gentle nod and apologizing; "Sorry, yes the tea would be wonderful, thank you!" he spoke quietly before moving to find his former position on the ground, crossing his legs and seating the cup down in front of himself, between the two.

The two had not spoken much regarding Kay's late husband, Veiere had made an effort not to pry though it was curious to note that he was a practitioner of the art and so left him wondering if perhaps he had been of the Jedi Order. Putting that aside however, he nodded gently to her with a smile, "I'm happy to walk you through it if that's what you'd like". He watched her for a moment as her shoulders rose and then fell in attempt to relax herself, nodding gently in approval he spoke further, "Meditation as you no doubt know, works best with an eased mind. The beginning stage will help you to clear your mind, the point to rid yourself of any present and immediate concerns before looking to reach out to the force, centering yourself and your aura".

Deciding it was best that he start so that she might not feel a little out of place, he closed his eyes, head lifting slightly while taking in a purposely slower breath through his nose, holding it for five seconds and then exhaling through his mouth. "Controlling your breathing is the best way to begin, to slow your heart rate, it will help ease you into the initial trance as your mind will eventually calm. I find deep and slow breathing, in through the nose and out with your mouth, doing this for a few minutes should most often suffice...", his voice quietened, allowing Lady Kay the moment to try it; uncertain if it differed from her own method.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled a little as [member="Veiere Arenais"] took the tea. It was okay if he was busy with his own train of thoughts. He had been through a bunch, while she had been busy mostly with politics. At least during the attacks on the Mimban system, she got the support of the Commenorian military leaders. That was never a bad thing.

Slow breathing was something that she was taught. That and thinking about clouds parting. It was difficult to just think of nothing at all. More often than not, that caused one to stress out a bit more. So she took in a deep breath, held it, and then let it out slowly. Kay repeated the steps until she felt utterly grounded and centered. It had been some time since she had meditated. It was a habit that she should get into doing more often.

Instead of speaking, she let Veiere be the judge of whether or not she was ready for his next step.

The quiet followed, and though his eyes were not open, Veiere was very much in-tune with the room they inhabited and of course, [member="Lady Kay"] of whom had slowed her breathing and fallen almost completely silent. Through her presence in the Force, he could only know when she was ready and awaiting further guidance. It wasn't in her facial expressions or the moments that passed where nothing was said between them, but rather the water-effect; he liked to think of it. Those subtle ripples in the force that surrounded all living things, chaotic in those frantic or violent and placid, slow and peaceful in those calm, relaxed and at peace with themselves. Kay's was very calm and he had felt it gradually slow with each breath that she offered the room, slowing eventually until there was only the beginning of the meditative trance.

"It is here, where we find our strongest connection to the living force. That all else has been pushed away, only for our minds and hearts to feel the flow of life around us. You need only experience the touch of the Force once, to recognize it again. For some, a feeling of great warmth in their center, comforting and embracing. For others, an immense sense of power, best tempered and treated with great caution. Every sentient life, sensitive to the flow of the Force, feels it differently through their conceptions of the energies of the galaxy around us" he spoke gently, quietly in that he hoped not to interrupt her meditation yet that she might hear his words and take them in during the trance; the subconscious soaking every bit of information like a sponge to water, most often in these states.

"As younglings were once instructed in the Jedi Order, we will focus on the flow of the force around us and begin to draw it in to our center. Many think of their heart, their chest when they attempt this. To draw the power of the force into yourself is to build on our spiritual connection, amplifying it by harnessing it within our physical body. This you will know well as it creates such abilities as Telekinesis, Tutaminis and the augmentation of ones strength, speed and height in which they might jump...", he was speaking as if he was teaching someone completely new to the lifestyle and training of the Jedi yet he had to remind himself that she was anything but. Lady Kay having spent a lifetime with the force as her ally, would know all that he was saying and quite possibly more, yet it was his way to speak throughout his lessons, to any, of any age; as it was a part of the teachings that most people took for granted, in one ear and out the other, in their youth.

Kay-Larr

Kay heard his voice, as soft as it was. In a way it was soothing and helped her to go deeper into her meditation. Being grounded helped. Now it was time to be centred. She did indeed soak in his words like a sponge, or rather it was set into her subconscious. But she dared not to move or respond without the risk of breaking her meditation. She could probably get it back easily enough, but that wasn't the point of this lesson. [member="Veiere Arenais"] had skills that she didn't, and vice versa. Even though he was her employee, he was becoming a good friend as well, and friends help eachother.

She drew her focus inward, allowing the Force to flow into her centre and build from there. How long it took, she didn't know or care. Time was of no importance at this moment. There was only the here and now.

He did not move nor speak further until he was certain that [member="Lady Kay"] had succeeded in drawing upon the force to her center, empowering herself and her body with the natural flow of life that surrounded them, the Force working to illuminate her presence, her aura brightening within his mind as he saw her not through his vision but rather his senses that were spread out around them, his mind having opened to the world, crossing that veil that separated physical from the ether-real. Such was the power of the Force in that it could allow skilled Jedi to monitor the ever moving world around them. "Concentrate now and channel this power through your body, maintain a healthy control over the flow of the force within yourself and you will not find it difficult to attempt other more difficult trials. The manner of control in regards to the practice and theory of the Force is something that again, Younglings are instructed in and encouraged to master at a very early age before proceeding to their advanced classes...-Learn to shape and shift the force to your will, both in and around yourself".

Though the focus of training for Jedi students was based around the three core sections during his time, Control, Sense and Alter; Veiere didn't need to go into too much detail for her, Kay of whom sat silently, undisturbed and Veiere not wanting to push her to far only to risk her lapse in concentration; thus he continued to speak gently though shifted the focus ahead of the curve, broaching the latter. "Once you're satisfied, we will move on to Telepathy. The connection we have in meditation is strong enough to carry our thoughts and emotions should we only concentrate on one another, though be careful; caution is often best with such intrusive methods of use in the force. In some instances, others will be strong enough to block you out and you will want to be able to maintain your guard so that you do not give away anything private of your own during such a mental link...", such things like her history with her late husband was what came to mind when offering her the word of warning; in every time one opened a mental connection with the intention of intruding upon anothers mind, they in turn left themselves vulnerable. "The sharing of the mind is not natural for most sentient life, in this confusion, you must delegate between the thoughts you allow to be read, and those you wish to keep hidden. Only practice will really see you grow strong in this area of mental preparation...".

Kay-Larr

She tended to wear her thoughts and emotions on her sleeve, which is why she wanted to practice more with blocking. Though her interactions with other Force users was small, given that there was a good probability that Kay would become Madam President, there was a chance that her odds of encountering more Force users would increase. And the last thing that she wanted was to let important information slip out.

Always on top of her mind was her husband's death. Even though it happened over ten years ago, it is what drives her to continue to try to stop slavers and oppressors.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] would see just a part of it. He would see from her vantage point, badly beaten on the floor of their house. Her husband, Shaw Ku was also beaten bloody, though he was sitting up against the wall across from her. A Sith Lord towered over them, as if waiting for something. The darkness in Shaw's eyes left him as he stared at Kay. She was supposed to die that day, but he just couldn't be without her. She kept him from becoming a terror to the Galaxy. He told the Sith Lord of his choice, to take her place in death and have her left alone.

"So be it." Without hesitation, the crimson lightsaber was thrust into Shaw's torso. Kay cried out in vain, but his eyes never left hers. They showed no fear, only love and acceptance. As the life Force in him left, the Sith Lord approached Kay. He knelt down and placed his saber close to her neck, before whispering something in a language she didn't know. The hate in his eyes burned as he got up and left.

The vision ended. A single tear slid down her cheek. She was going to let him know what happened eventually, but had no idea it would happen in this way.

Kay shifted her focus to Veiere instead of on herself, working on strengthening their connection enough so that she could attempt to read his thoughts.

His brows furrowed, his forehead creasing as he not only felt but saw every image of thought that [member="Lady Kay"] had unintentionally shared with him; the day of the murder of her husband. Out of pure instinct, a mental wall had been built around himself that would keep Kay from reading anything of his past. He had hoped that there would be some time before something alike this happened yet he remained patient and watched regardless as the Sith-Lord thrust his lightsaber into the chest of the man that she had loved, her emotions flowing through him as if it were he on the other side, the connection they'd built through their meditation strong enough for Veiere to feel all that she did.

"If you are able to overcome your emotions, you will learn to become a better leader for the people..." He spoke gently, approaching the situation from a direction he felt she might relate to; "The actions of most people are inadvertently guided by their strongest emotions, if you can distance yourself however and learn to think first with your mind rather than allow your heart to always lead you, not only will it help with your mental defense, but also through your political works...". He did not mention her husband nor what he'd seen though she might have the inclination that he had witnessed something that she'd kept well buried up until this point. Instead, feeling that it would serve her best to convey just how deep these telepathic links could dig, he decided to open himself up, thinking long back before his exile on Alzoc Three, before meeting [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], right back to his life on Svivren.

------------------------​
Twelve Years Back.
------------------------​
The first scene - Complacency.

Veiere Arenais stood within the inner sanctum of the Svivren Enclave, before him sat the four Jedi Council members, the High Councilor in the center who worked alongside the few other High Councilors around the Galaxy to better aid the Republic. The group of them appeared to be passively discussing the approaching threat of the Sith Empire and Veiere, Lady Kay would feel was growing ever so impatient as the Councilors all expressed their doubts that the Jedi Order could allow such a people to rise to so much power that Svivren might ever be threatened.

At his side, stood a younger male, a teenager dressed in the Jedi attire, brown robes with a tan Jedi tunic beneath and brown leather boots matching the look of his Master, Veiere Arenais. It was his apprentice, Brennan Cabrol, human also though who seemed to be nervous standing before the older men and the one female councilor who watching him in silent observation.

"Sitting here while the Sith Empire grows in strength and continues to swallow worlds, is the biggest mistake this branch has made. I realize the need of our sector but the people of the galaxy are suffering and while you'd rather leave this to the other temples, you should be offering them your support, not warming your cushions while the Order struggles to meet it's mandate!", Brennan Cabrol flinched visibly as the younger than present, Veiere spoke back to the Council defiantly, the argument sound in knowing of the current state of the Galaxy yet back then, the time of relative peace was still non-negotiable.

He and his Padawan were swiftly dismissed then afterwards.

The Second Scene - Defiance.

Within the Jedi Hangar, Veiere could be seen talking to his Apprentice, [member="Brennan Cabrol"], who was pleading with him and the group of Jedi Knights around him not to leave. Here there was a clear feeling of tension and that the Jedi around him wore there armaments ready for conflict, it was obvious that he was leading the others to combat the rising threat against the wishes of the Jedi Council. While the others began to board the Jedi Transport, Veiere placed his hand upon his Padawans shoulder and gripped him firmly, "Where we go, I cannot have you follow. We will face consequences when we return, if we are to return and I will not damn you before the Jedi Order, your path in the Force must be your own doing. Always remember to act with the integrity that has been taught to us as Jedi, question the motives of your peers and most importantly your own so that you never fall into complacency; strive to live for the betterment of others and remain faithful to the will of the Force that it will see you through...-Farewell, Brennan".

As the transport departed and left with the young Apprentice standing their watching them leave for war, Veiere's emotions that would be taken up in the battles to come, leaked through into the scene. Voices of shouting, screams of pain and the sounds of war as the Jedi Order clashed against the armies of the Sith. It was not seen through the connection that they shared yet Kay would certainly know all that Veiere suffered that day; and would soon see his inevitable collapse.

The Final Scene - Vengeance.

Even from Orbit, they could see their home-world burning. Those few who had survived the outbound mission to meet the demands of the war against the Sith Empire, stood within the Jedi Transport, Veiere among them, all gazing out the viewing platform in shock and disbelief as Svivren lay besieged, only few remaining of the Inquisitors of the Sith Empire.

Adrenaline coursed throughout his body as the transport descended swiftly towards the Jedi Enclave, their home. His muscles still ached from the previous battles yet his mind had awoken and found an unknown strength in his anger and the need to search for survivors. The Jedi home left a ruin, younglings and Jedi Knights alike, the Council members left dead at the steps leading into the Enclave as a sign for all others that might tread upon the forsaken grounds. He lost all patience, all discipline in the next moments, and he wasn't alone; around him the other Knights of the Republic stood awaiting the Transports landing ramp to fall. When it did, they were met with the remaining Sith almost immediately.

It unveiled like a scene you'd see in a medieval holo-flick, those fictional videos about armies meeting in combat with blunt swords and weapons made of iron. These were the blades made of plasma and energies most vibrant. Veiere was the first to leave the transport, sprinting ahead alongside his peers and slamming straight into the Sith who were storming the survivors. It would be difficult to recognize the Jedi as he was in this fight, by aura alone, much darker, much more hostile and taking no quarter, his attacks were to kill and maim, not to disarm and immobilize.

The Scene paced ahead, an hour later where he and three others stood atop the field littered with the dead. The battle had ended and the Sith that had remained, had been defeated but so too had their home and everyone in it. He had sought any sign of his apprentice, failed to find him and mourned for him, Brennan Cabrol who Veiere expected to be among the burned, ravaged and unrecognizable; it was a bitter warmth to believe that he had given himself to save the children yet all that was good in the world of Svivren seemed to have darkened and faded into black; it left only Veiere in his loss, shame and deep sadness.

"What will you do...", One of the Knights, a Togruta that he knew well, asked him. Veiere turning to look to his friend, Katra Oschano guiltily. It was a good question, one that he didn't rightly know how to answer. "There is nothing left for us here...-And I..." His words caught in his throat, his gaze staring back to the fallen, his eyes welling yet he did his utmost to bite back the torrent of emotion that threatened to come; "...-I'm no longer fit to serve. This attack...-The Sith, they've gained a victory here...-One I fear that I will not overcome and recover from...".

"To Exile, then?" the Togruta asked before the vision faded and everything went black.

-----------------​
Present day.
-----------------​
Veiere's eyes opened, his mind tearing away from the link they'd established together, his trance breaking and he needing to take a moment to calm his mind, to collectively understand and get passed the intensity of the memories he had offered Lady Kay. He had underestimated just how strong they would be, with the mental connection that they'd had. "Such things...-Can be seen by anyone...-If you are not careful and able to protect yourself mentally, from the intrusion of their mind. Every telepathic connection creates an opening on both ends and either side can come or go if there are no barriers in place...-What you saw...-Was my life before my Exile on Alzoc Three, where you met me twelve years after".

Kay-Larr

Kay listened to his words on her needing to get over her emotions. Mantic had told her the same thing. She needed to move on and stop punishing herself. And for the most part she thought that she was. But hiding her Force signature and keeping it a secret has been taking it's toll on her. When Kay had met the Elders and asked for their permission to run, they had asked her if there was anything about her that could bring a scandal to the Presidency. She outright told them of her Force ability, given that it was about the only issue. Instead of getting angry, they had exclaimed that they would not mention it unless asked and requested that she do the same. But above all else, don't lie about it.

So that was partly what brought her to [member="Veiere Arenais"] , to learn from him what she could, be open to his teachings and to teach him things in return.

And then he opened up his mind to her. Kay's jaw dropped slightly as she was bombarded with strong emotions and imagery. She felt his frustration, anguish and sorrow. It wasn't until recently that she had taken the lives of a few sentient creatures on Bespin. She of course tried diplomacy first, but in the end it was the only way to break past them and save one of her teammates.

Kay opened her eyes when the connection was broken. She didn't speak for a few minutes as she was processing it all. "It is a skill that I would not use often. What I saw, what I felt was more intense than I thought it would be. I am sorry for the loss of your Padawan, and to all those others that had lost their lives. Violence, war, those are what I try to prevent. But even I cannot stop it all the time." She reached over and placed her hand on his shoulder. "You are a great Jedi. The Galaxy needs people like you. And so do I." His words of advice would hold more meaning now. They both sought peace.

Veiere smiled appreciatively at her words, voicing her sympathies for the loss that he had been dealt over a decade ago; it was true that it still hung over him inside yet on the outside, he had the composure taught to him through the Jedi Order to maintain a sense of awareness around his emotions and to think and act first based upon just reason and that of his mind rather than the often silent cries of his heart. She touched his shoulder and for a moment he met her gaze though after such isolation and then soon being thrust into the war that struck Gyndine and Mimban, he didn't quite know how to react to it; instead gently reaching for the cup of tea that sat in front of him, careful not to startle her or make it look like he wasn't appreciative of her care. "A great Jedi..." He chuckled quietly under his breath as he stirred the liquid that had cooled within his cup, "That is a bold claim, especially for someone like myself" He looked to her again and this time she would see the amusement overshadowing the tension behind him, his expression warming to the concept of being considered high in any sort of stature when the Jedi lived to serve, not to make a name for themselves or to care for such things as reputation.

Disregarding any further mention of his former apprentice and young friend, he lifted a hand to gesture to her in subtle acknowledgement, "No one has seen nor heard of my story in such detail, not even my friend Theodred within the Silver Order and he has been a trusted ally. Much alike him, yours is company that I enjoy yet more importantly, as I've said in the past, you appear to me as one who is true to themselves and those around them. Trust is not a concern between us..." He quietened only a moment, allowing the sentiment to settle in; it seemed long winded and fumbled in his wary state yet he hoped that [member="Lady Kay"] understood what he meant before moving on. "More importantly however, I showed you what can happen to someone who does not learn to shield themselves from the manipulation of others. During these mental connections, you might find your center and learn to disconnect yourself from their reach within the force, yet retain your own ability to draw from them. It all sounds rather complicated but we will make this a common practice, I think. So that at the very least, we can communicate without having to speak over your snake-tongued peers..." He smiled once more, though he was half serious in that he trusted no other politician to-date.

Kay-Larr

Kay removed her hand from his shoulder when he grabbed the cup of tea and had a sip. She smirked a little. It was obvious that [member="Veiere Arenais"] didn't think very highly of himself and that wasn't a bad thing. She thought the same way about herself at times.

"Your story is safe with me. Thank you for your trust. Not everyone knows the circumstances surrounding my own husband's death. He was a hero. I only hope that I live up to his sacrifice."

She folded her hands on her lap as she listened to him speak of mental connections. Kay raised a brow slightly. "There are ways to have a connection only go one way?" She smirked as he spoke of her snake-tongued peers. "Your perspective and advice during such meetings will certainly be appreciated, Veiere."

It had not occurred to him that [member="Lady Kay"] might expect him to actually take a part in the election of Commenors presidency, to advise her outside of their own times such as these and more formal and official manner was not something that he would agree to. "I'm afraid I will not be standing in as your advisor during the time of the Election and the meetings that you might partake in. I will be there as your personal security though as a Jedi, I cannot allow myself to impact any political decisions that might come of all of this. As unfortunate as it is for me to admit this, I would seek to help you and though I wouldn't use my talents at all in objection to what is the moral way of the Order, though that does not remove the fact that I would still be crossing a line here that I would seek to discourage and condemn others from doing themselves...". It was a double standard that he was not willing to allow for anyone, even someone such as herself whom he did trust and believe in.

"As for the training itself, once you enter a place of political power once more, this will also need to stop. I can teach you the ideals and the theory around the Jedi Order yet I won't be able to advise you on the use and practice of the Force itself, regardless of the fact that you're already experienced in it..." He offered a gentle and sympathetic smile, pausing yet feeling there was still need to explain himself. "My service to you as a 'bodyguard' is only to be short lived, though I will be here still and remain a contact and a friend; it is my long term desire that I reunite with the rest of the Jedi Order and that I continue on my path...".

Kay-Larr

Kay lowered her head a little as [member="Veiere Arenais"] spoke of not wanting to be much more than her bodyguard. In a way it made her sad, but she understood his reasons why. It was dangerous. There was a reason that Force Users were banned from public office and she was fired because of it. Though to the public eye, she quit due to failing at a negotiation. She still wanted her secret kept.

Their training would soon come to an end, provided that she had won the election. If the polls could be believed, it was certainly heading in that direction.

She sat there for a while after he spoke, wondering what path she was destined for. It made no sense to her at the moment. "I understand, Veiere. In a perfect Galaxy, I would have you with me to watch my back as there are bound to be some targets painted on it. But...the Galaxy that we are in isn't a perfect one. It is filled with those that just seek to give others pain for their own gain. I'm not sure what path I'm supposed to be on. Politics...the Jedi...both paths clash. Yet I was given the gifts of both." She sighed. "I'm sure that in time it'll become clear. But until then, I'll just...remain on this one, where it appears that I am needed most. I will miss having you around when you are gone. But if you need me for anything, just contact me and I will be there."

"I would not leave you alone in this life were it not required of me that I continue to serve the Jedi Order, Kay" His use of wording wasn't exactly the best way to reassure [member="Lady Kay"], in fact it came out sounding much more personal than he'd meant it to, his gaze lowering to the cup of tea within his hands and speaking further so to make up for the awkward choice of his response. "What I mean to say is that the Jedi Order stretches out to thousands of lives and I cannot ignore the call of the Force or watch the Order that I had dedicated my life to, decline any further into disarray...It would not be right of me" he glanced back up to her with a thin smile hoping to inspire one of her own in some attempt to comfort her. "You, on the other hand will also be serving a great many people and in me, you might one day discover that I could be a worthy contact to have in pocket should anything come of Commenor's position in relevance to the Sith Empires territories; or anyone else for that matter...".

"You must do something for me however, and this is very important.." His head tilted slightly, a slight curl to the corner of his mouth in a half smirk, "Learn not to go throwing your life into the path of the first sign of danger. You may not believe it but your life is important, every bit as much as the next persons and I do not wish to hear news of your injury or worse because you did not heed this old fools advice".

Kay-Larr

Kay listened as [member="Veiere Arenais"] spoke. She didn't just hear him. She listened. Yes, she understood why he needed to go. She wasn't selfish enough to keep him for herself. Many needed him, more so than she did on any given day.

The Jedi needed help and he was the perfect choice to take up the task. As he spoke of her being responsible for many lives, she nodded a little. That part was very true too. And then he let her know that he would be with her when she needed him. This made her smile a little bigger. Yet it wasn't until he asked her to keep out of danger, that she laughed quietly to herself.

"I will do my best, my friend. And I am honoured that you will come to my aid when I need it. I would more than likely have a security detail with me most of the time, but it would be comforting to have you around when I am brokering a peace deal, or to help with investigating and finding crime lords within our streets. And lastly, someone to share tea with."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom