Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial War Games: Winter One Operations

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
ecdb5b7e-c7d0-4196-bd10-7f153b7f62a4_zpsac3515a3.jpg
Premise
The Imperial High Command’s recent implementation of a new reform that unified the command structure of the military branches into a single entity now rechristened as Imperial United Armed Forces where officers of different backgrounds and specialties found themselves assuming new roles. A navy officer was now expected to be familiar and proficient with ground based warfare and Vis versa for an Army officer. The structural change in ranks, increased responsibilities and new found authority over certain matters has put the officer corp into a state of change and with any change there is new training.

With the recent founding of the Imperial Storm Legions and the development the a new void formation called the Imperial Battle Group the IUAF was going to begin to a series of war games to begin familiarize officers of the once separate branches with newly minted.
In the Luminita System on the planet Rodica the IUAF has initiated its first trial operation of both new machines and old machines in an effort to test the capabilities of its latest weaponry.

imperial_walkers_by_daroz-d7cnwvz_zps7898b14f.jpg

Military Exercise Rules of Engagement
  • All Personnel weapons are set to stun.
  • All vehicles are using the Synthetic Damage Detection System: The SDDS is a high processing computer system designed to mimic the weaponry being used by the vehicles involved in a Military Exercise. Using low emission Ion beams to ping opposing force vehicles or personnel. Once hit by the ion cannon the SDDS immediately processes the level of damage received and will render the vehicle inert or the personnel stunned if it determines that to be the appropriate solution.
  • Both Task Force Commanders if needed to communicate due to unusual circumstances are to use channel 101.

Commanding Officers
Colonel [member="Agatha Nestor"] – Task Force Blue
Lt. Commander [member="Caius Flavian"] – Task Force Red

Combatant Forces
Both sides are using an equal strength Battalion unit composed of two mechanized companies, one armored company, and one reconnaissance company. All Personnel are equipped and proficiently trained in the use of the Cold Assault doctrine and are issued the basic gear.

Mechanized Company
4 Infantry Platoons: 38 Infantry per platoon (36 troopers, 2 officers); 1 AT-AT per platoon; 2 AT-AWs per platoon; 4 AT-STs per platoon; Each squad is equipped with a missile launcher or a repeating blaster;
All Terrain Armored Transports – 5 Crew per AT AT; 20 total personnel
All Terrain Artillery Walkers – 1 crew per walker; 8 total personnel
All Terrain Scout Walkers – 2 crew per walker; 32 total personnel

Reconnaissance Company
Heavy Recon Platoon: 12 Quad Recon Speeders - 2 Crew members per QRS; 24 total Personnel; 24 ARC-1 Patrol Droids
Light Recon Platoon: 38 Infantry (Scout Troopers equipped with Cold Assault gear); 38 74-Z Speeder Bikes; 4-E Web repeating blaster; 4 portable missile launchers;

Armor Company: 4 Tank Platoons with 9 Rendeles Battle Tanks per platoon; 4 crew members per tank; 36 tanks total; 144 total personnel;

BattleOfHoth-1_zps859f24f6.jpg

Area of Operations
Planet: Rodica
Hemisphere: Southern
Region: Sector A-152

Operational Objective
Both Task Forces are ordered to achieve control of the Area of Operations by reducing the opposing Task Force to 33% or having 50% of the total remaining force by the end of the time duration will achieve victory.

Time Duration
Two Rotational Days​

Start Time

End Time

Starting Locations
Task Force Blue is to be deployed to the North Eastern Corner of the Sector​
Task Force Red is to be deployed to the North Western Corner of the Sector​
83.67 Kilometers distance separates deployment zones​
All forces are being deployed from a combination of the following vessels: Crinan Analog Carrier, Venerable Carrier and Stalwart Corvette

Commencement Speech
"Warriors of his and her Majesty's Imperial Military conduct yourselves as though this was war, fight with no remorse, with only contempt and detach yourselves from the emotions of the heart. Fight with the efficiency and prowess of an apex predator. The heat of war is all that is needed to warm your soul and forge a mind that shall over come any obstacle! For the Emperor, For the Empress, FOR THE EMPIRE!"​

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Day 1 0025 hours
Just prior to the commencement of the Operation
A formation of 8 stalwart corvettes began to descend from the low orbital position. The naval units had just finished performing a series of maneuvers and exercises on obtaining orbital supremacy. Now the ground component of this over all Military Exercise. Nearly a dozen drop ships and shuttles were also in formation in having launched from their respective carriers. Task Force Red would be touching down any minute now. The high winds of the wastes could be felt pounding the outside of the vessel as we broke through the atmosphere.

I sat inside the cockpit command cockpit of an All-Terrain Armored Transport I dubbed “the fang”. I had decided to attach myself to the first mechanized company for the initially drop. I had made sure to bring along my astromech droid servant. This event had an absolute need to have on hand caffeine… tons of it. Personally the setting would make it difficult to obtain a hot tea so why not bring along some amenities? I had elected to instead where the same cold assault gear instead of the dark green matted officer gear that essentially set one apart on the battle field from the resource I instead wore the same cold assault gear the rest of the troopers had on along with matching.

I was not a fan of being ground side. I almost wanted to wretch from being back inside a gravity well. My home was the bridge of a void vessel and that is where I felt alive. Still though the recent changes had made it so that I had to get to know and understand ground operations. I was sitting next to the commander of the walker who was my subordinate. I held a data pad on the area we would be practicing in. The tough part was where we were deploying. For training purposes it was a good idea. However it was going to make initial combat next to impossible due to the high winds and unknowns that could be in the area. The desolate tundra region was where my task force was to arrive.

I was nervous, I had never commanded ground troops on this scale before. I kept telling myself it would be just like a ship only more disjointed. My travel mug was environmentally sealed and a special straw protruded from it allowing it to connect to my helmet. I took a sip of the warm beverage and began to ponder a strategy… I didn’t want to remain in the landing zone for too long. We were deploying in the darkness which would mean it was well below freezing. I started to assess the terrain of the whole area of operations. By this point in the morning all the rivers would be freezing over and unfreezing later on before lunch. This was unfavorable for both of us. I could only imagine how the Colonel was handling this situation.

[member="Agatha Nestor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom