Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images not loading for me

Short Description: A lot of images don't load for me
Browser: Chrome
Severity: Affects all my character accounts as far as I can tell, but dosen't look like anyone else is having the problem.
Description: A lot of images don't load in, rather there's a little box that says either a few letters then .jpg, or a little box that says 'posted image'. Refreshing my cache didn't fix it, and google wasn't helpful. I have a feeling it's some basic computer thing I don't know how to fix :)l) and it only seems to effect this site (though I don't relaly go on many others) so I'm hoping you guys can help me.
What isin't loading: 99% of signature tags, the new map update, most signatures. Avatars load fine.
j0v4hd.jpg

More screenshots availble on request
Link to Thread:n/a

[member="Mrrew"]

• Do you use any extensions?
  • Did you check to see if they work in another browser?
Based on what you're saying is it sounds like it's IP.Board related but because you're the only person to have come forward with this issue (thus far) it seems that it's also something to do client-side, with your browser. Check to see if it works in another browser. Also try disabling extensions one-by-one to see if any of them may be causing the issue. What you're going to want to do is eliminate the possibilities until you come to a conclusion, that way it's easier for anyone to find out why this is happening; not just what's causing it.

[member="Mrrew"]

I had the same problems at first when I started on this site....the only way for me to get images to post was by using the little picture icon between the chain icon and the <> icon. I use google chrome myself and have a google chrome book.

Also, sometimes sites like google and yahoo remove pictures from their site and when they do, it can erase your picture. So I use tinypic to prevent that since it changes the images url.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] - I only use one extension, and turning that off didn't help. It works in internet explorer... but internet explorer is roughly as fast as a 900 year old Hutt paraplegic. Any way to make it work on Chrome? If not, glad I can see the map on IE at least. :)

[member="Darth Venefica"] - Is there even another way to post images? o.o That's what I've always used.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] - LOL. Showed up as a little box with letters in it till I went to IE though.

[member="Mrrew"]

Alright, now that we've narrowed it down to being chrome related let's try to work through this together.

Eliminating the cache didn't work, right?

Try this:

• get CCleaner (bloatware free!)
  • Run it!
  • Inside the cleaner tab click under applications and select Internet cache and cookies. (Feel free to de-select everything else under applications and windows tab if you don't want to lose saved passwords)
  • Analyze then run cleaner.
  • Restart chrome, see if that works.
inb4 you have Chrome OS.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] - I think my computer just hates me. Neither one worked. ._. Thanks a lot for trying though, I appreciate it.

[member="Darth Venefica"] - I think you need to use the picture for all computers, but I'm not sure. :)

[member="Mrrew"]

I have a few more things for you to try:
  • Go into settings.
  • Show advanced settings.
  • Under 'Privacy' click 'content settings'
Make sure that 'Images' is selected to show all images -and- be sure to check 'manage exceptions...' and see if anything is in there. Then make sure JavaScript is set to run on all sites and make sure there's no exception either, especially for this website.

[member="Mrrew"]

Hm.

Alright, I might be able to figure out what's wrong if you could do me a solid favour:

• Rightclick any broken image.
  • click 'inspect element'
  • select all the code in the main box, paste it into a google doc, and link it to me via PM or on here.

[member="Mrrew"]

My bad, don't feel stupid -- even developers get lost on that one :)

When you're inside inspect elements, scroll to the very top and right under where it says <!DOCTYPE html> there should be a line starting with <html

select it with a left click then right-click copy. It'll copy everything :)

Mrrew said:
Short Description: A lot of images don't load for me
Browser: Chrome
Severity: Affects all my character accounts as far as I can tell, but dosen't look like anyone else is having the problem.
Description: A lot of images don't load in, rather there's a little box that says either a few letters then .jpg, or a little box that says 'posted image'. Refreshing my cache didn't fix it, and google wasn't helpful. I have a feeling it's some basic computer thing I don't know how to fix :)l) and it only seems to effect this site (though I don't relaly go on many others) so I'm hoping you guys can help me.
What isin't loading: 99% of signature tags, the new map update, most signatures. Avatars load fine.
j0v4hd.jpg

More screenshots availble on request
Link to Thread:n/a
Are you using Adblocker

[member="Mrrew"]

Pretty sure I figured out the issue from what you sent me, Mrrew. Just need to figure out a fix. Basically what's happening is your Chrome doesn't want to load embedded images... Anything being hosted offsite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom