Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I'm on Fire

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

I'm on Fire

loomi_new_divider.png

Loomi shuffled her way through the temple in an unstable daze, wrapped up in her ladybug blanket that she had recieved what seemed like forever ago now. She was exhausted, with chills running up and down her spine so quickly they were practically running a marathon. The Godoan had felt like this before, or at least she thought she did, but it was never quite this bad. On fire is what it felt like, but the cold kind.

Maybe that didn't make sense, but it did in her head.

Unfortunately, she had absolutely no idea how to fix being on fire. So that was where her network of very smart and knowledgable friends came into play. She would fumble over to the door to Braze's room, leaning on the wall before gently tapping on his door.

"Braze," Loomi called, not confirming if he was there or not. She could already feel that he was. "Can you help? I'm on fire."

wb1.png

alexboarder.png

Loomi Loomi

Braze, his movements hindered by the limitations of his only working hand, gently eased the door open. The sight of Loomi standing there, her eyes wide with a mix of concern and something unspoken, momentarily took his breath away. "You're on fire?"

He studied her for a moment, his gaze softening. Slowly, with a tenderness that belied his roughed up exterior, Braze reached out. His hand, rough yet careful, came to rest lightly on her forehead. His touch was a silent question, a search for something unseen.

Finding no heat other than the warmth of her skin, he let out a barely audible sigh. Gently, almost reverently, he leaned forward. His lips brushed her forehead in a kiss so fleeting, so delicate, it was as if he feared she might break.

He lingered there for just a heartbeat longer. Then, with a careful urgency, he took hold of her shirt, his grip firm but cautious, and guided her inside.

"Sit down," he murmured, his voice a soft command laced with concern. He guided her towards his bed with a protective gentleness, ensuring she was settled before he turned away.

Stepping into the bathroom, Braze left her for a moment to run some water.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze

loomi_new_divider.png

Loomi became more on fire.

She let Braze pull her into his room and sit her down on the edge of his bed before he went off to grab something. The Godoan reached up, placing a hand on her forehead as her thoughts lingered on that interaction. It was... She didn't know what it was, but it gave her a fuzzy feeling on the inside.

"S-so, am I okay?" she asked. "Is it bad?"

Was she dying? No, that seemed a little too extreme. She certainly didn't feel good.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze's voice carried a note of concern. "You're sick," he said with a simplicity that belied his observation. Gently, he continued to sponge her brow with water of just the right tepidness, ensuring not to startle her already weakened body. "Rest now," he advised softly, his actions tender as he sought to comfort her. "I'll need to check a few things first, then I can administer some medicine. It'll help lower your fever," he explained, his tone bridging the gap between a caretaker and a healer.

"In times like these, rest is important," Braze mused aloud. "Our bodies wage a silent battle against the invading germs, deploying countless cells to the front lines. That's why exhaustion takes hold, leaving us feeling groggy and spent. It's crucial to remain still, to allow your body the rest it needs to recover."

Turning to a computer, Braze delved into research, seeking information tailored to her unique physiology. He fetched her some over-the-counter medication accompanied by a glass of homemade pulp filled lemonade from his fridge so she could drink down the pills a little easier.

"I'll need to step out briefly; we're short on a few essentials for the soup I plan to make you. But I won't be long," he assured her, moving about the room to adjust the curtains, allowing a little natural light to filter through the sheer set of curtains, casting a warm, comforting glow across the space.

"Make yourself comfortable," he suggested, presenting her with a tall glass of water tinged with a hint of the lemonade and infused with crushed mint sprigs next. He placed it within easy reach on the nightstand. " You need to drink a lot of fluids when you're sick like this. "

Pausing, Braze looked at her with a touch of concern. "Have you never had a fever before?" he inquired, his hand reaching out to offer a gentle, reassuring touch atop her head,offering a soothing pet.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

loomi_new_divider.png

Sick.

That was a word she knew, but it was never one that had ever been associated to this feeling before. It was not one she was alien to, but frankly nobody had ever sat her down to treat the feeling before. Loomi had always sort of been left to fend for herself. It was strange to hear this thing be given a word, and more so that it was not something to simply ignore. And, of course, all of the care that Braze was displaying made her heart swell. Her antennae curled up as his hand made contact with her hair.

"Have you never had a fever before?"

"I think so," she muttered, still rather tired. "But nobody really told me what it was..."

She reached out to pick up the glass of water in perhaps a rather childish manner, pulling it close to her chest. It was nice and cold, which was okay near her head, which did feel warm, though a lot of her felt cold. This was all so strange. She frowned as she thought about the things that he had said. Loomi should rest, right? That was the smart thing.

But she really wanted to go with Braze.

"You promise you won't be long?" Loomi asked.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png
Braze offered her a warm, comforting smile as he carefully adjusted the blankets, ensuring she was snugly wrapped. "You've got what's known as a fever, and overlooking it isn't advisable. Letting your temperature climb without check... it's akin to your body internally overheating, almost cooking," he explained, trying to balance the seriousness of his words with a gentle delivery to avoid alarming her. "But fear not little Lady Bug I'll return before you even miss me. I'll be back in a flash, so quick you'll hardly realize I've stepped out," he reassured her, his confidence meant to ease her concerns.

He lingered for a moment longer, aiming to make her as comfortable as possible before he had to leave. With a thoughtful nod, Braze proceeded to create a calming atmosphere, lowering the volume on the music player before selecting a playlist filled with slow, soft instrumental pieces. "Let's put on some soothing music, shall we? It'll help you unwind and take your mind off things," he suggested, hitting play. The room soon filled with the gentle strains of music.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

loomi_new_divider.png

"But fear not little Lady Bug I'll return before you even miss me. I'll be back in a flash, so quick you'll hardly realize I've stepped out,"

"Okay," Loomi pouted, furrowing her brow. "You'd better."

She didn't know why she had become so serious about Braze coming back. It was just how she felt. Loomi didn't exactly had a filter that helped her 100% think about why these things happened quite yet. The mention of music did very much lighten her mood though, a distraction from the fact that her insides were cooking themselves, or at least they were if what Braze stated was any indication of. The calming atmosphere washed over her, bringing the smile back to her face.

This was good.

"I-I'll try," she insisted, hoping that she could take her mind off of all of this. She probably could given how tired she was. "Be safe."

Back in a flash. She wouldn't even notice.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze's quick trip to the local market was efficient, thanks to its close proximity. Returning home with his arms full of fresh ingredients, he shared a playful wink and smirk with Loomi as he walked by.

"Did you miss me~?" he teased, his voice filled with warmth and affection.

He moved into the small kitchen and began to prepare for cooking, pulling out a pan and a pot. He finely diced the vegetables and started to sauté them, simultaneously setting the freshly acquired chicken drumsticks to simmer with a careful selection of seasonings in the water. Dinner might take a while to be ready, but Braze was focused on making it taste wonderful. He enjoyed using the cooking skills he had learned, putting care into each step of the meal preparation, particularly for Loomi.

"I see you've made a good few new friends. " Braze commented struggling just a little with the tasks as he had one arm... he wa strying not to resort to using the force for such mundane tasks.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

loomi_new_divider.png

"I see you've made a good few new friends. "

"A-a few," she agreed, perhaps a bit nervously. "Or I hope so, anyways. I-I'm still not entirely sure what everyone thinks of me..."

Maybe she was overthinking all of that. All she had to do was be nice and offer her support right? But no, it really wasn't that simple at all. For all of her effort to try and help Tessa, she had only ever shown hatred and disgust. Now she feared every interaction going forward with new faces could be laced with the same bile. Was it wrong to linger on this?

Even after the one who had said those words was dead?

A frown came to her face as she observed Braze, clearly struggling with his cooking. Loomi, however, didn't dare say a word. Braze wanted to be able to stand on his own two feet again, very clearly not wanting his injury to hold him back. The Godoan understood better than anyone else in the galaxy what that was like. Even if she wanted to help, which would probably not be that good anyways considering she was sick or whatever, she restrained her instincts and remained in bed. Loomi made sure that only a proud feeling eminated from her being.

"It smells really good," Loomi noted. "Where'd you learn to cook?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

"Hmm? Oh... when I was younger, my parents were different. They didn't hate each other, and they didn't hate me then...They got along, and we used to do so many fun things together... Life felt... really nice back then," Braze began, his voice tinged with a nostalgia that seemed to momentarily transport him back to those simpler times. "My mom and dad would often cook together, creating all sorts of delicious meals. I was eager to join in, to be part of that shared joy, so that's how I learned to cook," he continued, his voice trailing off as he reached for a paper towel to gently dab at the surface of the soup, removing a few small imperfections.

He paused, a reflective look crossing his face. "I guess... I cling to these fragments of memory, trying to shield them like a flickering flame on the verge of being extinguished by the wind. Those memories are all I really have left of the good times with them. I'm scared that one day I'll wake up and find that I can't recall their faces, their voices, or the warmth of those moments..." Braze shared, his vulnerability evident in his words.

He offered a wistful smile, almost in self-deprecation. "It might seem foolish, holding on to the past like this. But those memories... they're a part of who I am. They remind me of happier times, and in a way, they guide me in the darkness at times...." His gaze returned to the soup, as if the act of cooking bridged the gap between past and present, keeping the essence of those cherished memories alive within him.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

loomi_new_divider.png

"That makes sense," Loomi nodded. "I don't think it's silly at all. Good memories are important. They keep us grounded. If we forget the good things we lose ourselves."

She only had so many good things that she could hold onto. Loomi made sure to remember them as best as she could. That was what made hanging out with her friends so important to her. She wanted to make all of those good memories to keep her grounded. Maybe that was something her and Braze could achieve together.

"Would... you teach me how to cook?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze perked up at that, his mood visibly brightening. "I would love to teach you to cook, What would you like to learn to make?" Braze chirped enthusiastically. He tasted the soup occasionally, adjusting the flavor with a few seasonings here and there as he cooked. Finally, he ladled her a nice bowl of it and carefully brought it over to Loomi, along with a tray that also held more cold drinks for her. "Do you need any tissues or anything?" Braze asked, attentive to her comfort.​

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

loomi_new_divider.png

"Something edible, I hope," Loomi admitted with a laugh. "That would be good."

Braze would bring her over a bowl of soup, which immediately scattered Loomi's attention. It smelled great. She would nod at the notion of tissues before getting her first spoonfull. It was as great as it smelled. Her puffy, sickly cheeks couldn't stop her face from forming into a large smile, like you might expect from a kid on a special occasion getting their favorite meal. The air would begin to swirl with all of these positive emotions.

"Thank you. It's very good," the Godoan murmered.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

"Alright, we'll make ribs then. It'll take about five hours... sound good?" Braze asked, his voice carrying a hint of excitement at the prospect of spending the day cooking together. As he spoke, he moved to tuck her in a little, ensuring she was comfortable and cozy. His actions were gentle, a tender care in the way he adjusted the blanket around her.

With a soft smile, he turned his attention to the room, fussing about tidying it up a little more. He straightened a few misplaced items, picked up a stray piece of clothing, and even dusted off a shelf that had gathered a bit too much dust. He was trying to be thoughtful and tried to create a pleasant and welcoming space for Loomi to enjoy their day.

"Five hours gives us plenty of time to get everything just right," he continued, glancing back at her with a reassuring grin. "We can take our time, maybe even try out that new spice blend I picked up last week. What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom