Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I'm not sorry.

She wasn't.

It had all turned out alright. All it took was a little surgery to correct the odd way her tendons were rehealing and Jem was good as new.

Almost.

15 more hours. For a Firrerreo, she was healing a little slow. ...Was likely the human in her.

It was easy to be reckless when even the most injuries could be resolved in a day. Jem had already forgotten the way the sith nearly took her head off. Or the fall that could have crushed her legs. As far as she was concerned she had come out clean and clear. She wasn't sorry for sneaking out. She wasn't sorry for killing that sith. She had helped.

Nothing could kill that rush. Not even the presence she felt emerging from the room over. She crossed her arms, the infirmary door opening to the brother she hadn't spoken to in a week. The defiant look as she raised her chin said it all.

She didn't want to hear it.

Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

Last edited:
Saan'an met Jem's look with a timid, apprehensive half-smile. He missed a beat in the doorway, briefly lingering awkwardly before forcing himself forward. Inspecting, sweeping glances confirmed the lack of holonet screens in the room she'd been sent to. "I brought you a book," he said with a small surge of confidence knowing she'd have nothing she thought better to do.

He placed it cover-up on a bedside surface. It was one on the history of lightsaber forms. Jem didn't really read, so Saan'an wasn't really sure what to bring. "Fifteen hours is a long time, so I figure you'd get bored." Knowing statement revealed he might have been meddling, or otherwise snooping. He'd been worried. Saan'an rubbed his arm, still hyperaware of the note they'd left off on last time they'd spoken. "I'm glad you're okay."

Jem's eyes trailed to the book, her nose crinkling in a predictable manner. Her attention could never sit still long enough for one, and when it came to their lessons the only way to get material to stick was if he read it to her. They both knew she wouldn't end up opening it, but she saw the attempt for what it was.

She huffed and scooted her body to the side, giving him space tot sit on the bed.

"Figured you'd be too busy to notice."

She knew the words were harsh, but she couldn't take them back once they past her lips. A small look down showed moderate regret, her fingers picky at messy cuticles.

"I killed a sith," she blurted out, unable to restrain the news. Her chest puffed out in pride as she looked up at him, hopi-- begging for his approval. How many kids could claim that?

Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

"Figured you'd be too busy to notice."

"I noticed you were gone before anyone else did," he confessed. He'd been busy, but he made time to try to and make it up to her. It just so happened she'd made her own coping decision. One that had landed her here, without the proper use of her feet.

"I killed a sith,"

Saan'an grimaced. "I heard." Word traveled fast, and Saan'an was rarely out of the loop. Especially where his sister was involved. He sighed at the way she puffed up, tried to look mighty. There was no doubting it was an achievement, but it was stupid to have been in that position to begin with.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, trying to skirt around the subject. "Any pain?"

That was it?

The sting of rejection was palpable, maybe cause it all suddenly seemed pointless. She joined, she helped, she killed-- all that effort and not a single congratulations. It suddenly didn't seem worth it, she was due in for a weeks of kitchen duty there wasn't a reward in sight.

She quieted that thinking rather quick. There were souls still suffering on that planet, she shouldn't think so shallowly. She looked down at her hands, her cheeks growing warm.

"I'm fine," she grumbled, not willing to utter a peep of complaint. "But I guess you already know that too. Is that it? Did you just come for the book or is there something you want to say-- because I'm not in the mood for a lecture right now so if you got other stuff to do, just go do it."

She expected more. He was unwilling to give her direct praise for it. Even if it was more or less her duty, it hadn't been a necessary position. Saan'an shook his head, took a few steps and lowered into one of the visitor seats by the infirmary bed. "No lecture," he assured.

"I just wanted to see for myself that you were okay." Being told wasn't enough. One couldn't help but worry about kin. He leaned forward and scooted the book a little closer, playfully insistent despite the tension. "If you're going to make this a habit, though, you'll at least want to try and give this a read." Few better ways to show he wasn't upset with her shy of saying it.

There were never any illusions that she wouldn't go the soldiers path. Saan'an took that reality on the chin with grace worthy of praise all on its own. She wouldn't give it to him. He didn't want it, anyway.

"Well, I'm fine," she repeated, her voice softening as he sat. Saa'an was never very good at relaxing when he had another place to be. He liked to be punctual. He was... staying then?

Her eyes slowly lit up into a shy sort of delight, the last layers of ice from their fight sloughing off.

"Or you could read it to me... Since I... sorta... maybe have a master now and he'll be taking out me out again real soon." Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze hadn't really said anything of that sort, but it was what she heard. She didn't really know what 'proper training' was to him, but she could fill in the blanks? A lot was unsure about the knight that had dragged her back here, but jem would be holding him to his words whether or not he meant them.

The reveal might be a shock to Saa'an, but he would feel her gaze weighing heavily on him as she felt out his response.

Not that she had given him the same support back. It was a hard time, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom