Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm in a bind on weapons

So I made a new character, a Selkath. Traditionally they wield cortosis fira, a type of scimitar. Because Ombo worked with an old Selkath and trained with these weapons, along with making a trident, it would make sense if his weapons were made out of cortosis, which is a restricted material. Really the only way i could think of getting around this would be to have someone bother to make a character for the old mentor and do a 1-shot thread where he gets the weapons or have someone willing to help him procure the materials necessary.

The other question this raises is having that having a Force Sensitive (Selkath are have a denser Force-Sensitive population) cortosis-weapon wielding warrior running around would cause a lot of problems in terms of "balance". If that ever becomes a problem, I can change the material of the weapons to something else that would be a more common. Anyone got any suggestions?

Ombo said:
So I made a new character, a Selkath. Traditionally they wield cortosis fira, a type of scimitar. Because Ombo worked with an old Selkath and trained with these weapons, along with making a trident, it would make sense if his weapons were made out of cortosis, which is a restricted material. Really the only way i could think of getting around this would be to have someone bother to make a character for the old mentor and do a 1-shot thread where he gets the weapons or have someone willing to help him procure the materials necessary.

The other question this raises is having that having a Force Sensitive (Selkath are have a denser Force-Sensitive population) cortosis-weapon wielding warrior running around would cause a lot of problems in terms of "balance". If that ever becomes a problem, I can change the material of the weapons to something else that would be a more common. Anyone got any suggestions?
You can still perform the development thread necessary by NPCing the objective. The issue of a force user wielding cortosis is hardly an issue, as it is used primarily to deflect or short out lightsaber blades.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ombo"]

A cortosis fira blade wielded by a Selkath is 100% canon and doesn't require a factory submission, and it's no more a balance problem than a Jedi with a lightsabre. You're good, dude.

Alec Rekali said:
[member="Ombo"]

A cortosis fira blade wielded by a Selkath is 100% canon and doesn't require a factory submission, and it's no more a balance problem than a Jedi with a lightsabre. You're good, dude.
Silara said:
You can still perform the development thread necessary by NPCing the objective. The issue of a force user wielding cortosis is hardly an issue, as it is used primarily to deflect or short out lightsaber blades.
Thanks, guys. I actually did some more research on cortosis and realized that it would make more sense for the fira to be cortosis, but the trident should be made of something much sturdier and better suited for regular combat. Glad I don't have to do all the necessary groundwork to use the fira though

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ombo"]

Yeah, it's a common misconception. If something's 100% vanilla canon and sane in terms of balance, like a beskad or a cortosis-plated lanvarok or a basic sith sword or something, you're totally fine. The only time someone would have grounds to ask you to make a submission for it is if you made it different somehow, added to it, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom