Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Already There

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jm5gfuT9Z4​

The D'Lessio slid through the secret breach in the secret system of Q-27 in a secret corner of Wild Space. The gunboat's hull shuddered against the hyperspace disturbance. And then hyperspace dropped away and Jorus and [member="Julius Sedaire"] looked out at the infinite void.

"Looks like any other starscape, doesn't it. Except every one of those points of light is a billion stars. That's galaxies you're looking at." The D'Lessio swung to point its nose across the top of the galaxy where the Deep Core bulged up from the disc. "We'll make best time if we just barely avoid skimming the Core. You're real lucky where we're headed is somewhere I know and somewhere close to another breach point. It's the one the Vong used, out near Sernpidal and Helska and all that." As he chattered, his fingers danced over the nav controls. "Oh, and you'll want to buckle in. This ship does point five by itself, I can take it to point two inside the galaxy. Out here on a straightaway, no turbulence at all...well, I don't know how fast we'll be going, but we'll be there real soon."

He knew of four breach points in the great hyperspace disturbance around the galaxy. One was on the String, a twisting, bumpy, hazardous passage out to Kamino in the Rishi Maze -- the nearest of the companion galaxies. Another comparable one formed a midpoint on the Nagai Trade Spine, before the long cold 150,000-light-year jump to Firefist, the second-nearest companion. A third was their destination, and they'd just passed through the fourth, the one he and Alna had semi-claimed from the Brodo Asogans, masters of intergalactic transit. Old memories, and good ones.

"Let's go save your wife."

Stars stretched to starlines and became a blur of crackling blue-white. The speedometer was only designed for two significant digits: the display read 0.0 and started flickering. Melancholy Corellian music echoed through the cramped bridge. In his old form of Force meditation, Jorus reclined his seat and started tossing a baseball at the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y&t=142s​

Rage, boiling and seething from him. That was almost all anyone could feel, even one as minimally talented in such areas as Jorus. He could barely feel her, and what traces flickered through their bond could easily be vain hoping. Jorus talked, and he listened as intently as he could, but her face swam before his eyes, and he nodded at the suggestion to buckle in. His armor, a gift from the monks of the Aing-Tii, made little to no sound as the smooth fluting and plates slid across one another in alabaster silence, and he hit the harness points with harder motions than was strictly needed.

Realizing things near him were shaking, and not from turbulence but from a bleeding of his emotions, he closed his eyes and took in the music for a moment, breathing deeply. Something in the song hit a chord, and he nodded, fingers of his left hand reaching to touch a worn jed-cred around his neck as he calmed, a bloodsteel and beskar ring clinking against the pendant from his wife. Desric had been left to the temple when he had gone out, with express commands to guard the child against anyone but Julius himself taking him anywhere else. Something was not right.

Thinking back, he remembered a younger him with a smooth smile and jaunty voice - things the Sith had taken from him. Sitting in a bar in Corellia, trying his hardest to act like he didn't care, needling a raven-haired Dark Jedi with a blend of insults and teasing. At the time, it was just him being him. At least at first. But even from that first meeting years and years ago, he realized there was something that inexorably linked the two. She grounded him to practicality, to duty, to purpose. And he kept her from being swept away in obligation to Clan and the horrors of war. One to support and balance the other, as it was meant to be.

Quietly, the room seemed to calm, and he opened eyes in a face that had never once shifted expression, cybernetic arm dribbling fingers against the chair arm.

"I probably don't need to say this... But if they have harmed her, even a single hair, whoever has her will die. To the very last"

That was a very un-Jedi like thing to say, but now at this moment Julius was more worried husband and wounded Corellian than the Galaxy's most ideal Jedi. Looking to the blanket of other Galaxies, he took a moment to be lost in the curiosity that hardly anyone had seen. Jorus hadn't even hesitated, and Julius would owe the man for that. Not that friends kept tabs, but this went beyond any such bond. Some of his wife's' Mandalorian habits had worn off or blended with Corellian ones. And a love of family was near fanatical for him. Like that, the song changed, slightly more brash, but if he could have smiled he would have.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Toss, catch. Toss, catch.

"Oh, I get that. I do. There's no friend or family of mine that hasn't been lost, captured, kidnapped, or otherwise mistreated enough to get my blood boiling."

Toss, catch. Silence.

"And I'd be lying if I said it didn't help me get'em back. But the dark side's real and a real risk at times like these. So lemme float a suggestion by you, because we both know what it's like to kill and we both know how state of mind matters and how it can change a person. If there's real killing, grudge killing, to be done, let me do it. I'm not near as fired up as you, and I don't want that for you, to get too bloody while you're pissed. I know the cards'll fall where they will and things happen and all that, but if we're sitting there looking at someone who's got your wife's blood on his hands, let me be the one to take the shot. Can you hang your hat on that?"

There was a long, quiet silence. Dead and devoid of anything as the offer itself smacked him in the face for a moment. There was still rage, and it would come again and possibly worse. But the offer, knowing what blood on hands meant to those like them, made Julius nod. The expression couldn't be there, but beneath the burning pit in his chest, there was an outpouring of gratitude.

Reaching up, he grabbed the Jed-Cred around his neck and spoke in a way that would have made Keira proud.

"Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it"

Nodding, he focused on the window for a moment.

"She always said we balanced each other... Kept one another in the middle rather than to the side. You're right though. Rescuing or avenging her does nothing for our children if I am lost. Thank you."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Toss, catch. A sigh of relief.

"Anyways, I need your head clear as can be for something else. Between your visions and my nav intuition, it's pretty clear we're heading to Echoy'la, that beskar asteroid place I found a few years back. Problem is, it's in Sith Empire territory. This was the only decently fast ship I had on hand, but it's a known ship, even after I spoof the engine readings and swap out the telesponders. And we're a couple of Jedi Masters, and that might get sensed. Can you White Current the ship up? Not make us look totally different or anything, just make us...I dunno, inconspicuous? Boring? That whole Alema Rar slippery-aura thing? Is that something you can pull off these days?"

Simone

S
Simone slid out from under the console, headphones plugged in and her head bobbing to songs drowning out the rest of the ship. Someone’s wife had been kidnapped, she wasn’t overly familiar with the wife or the husband, but she was familiar with [member="Jorus Merrill"]. Hell, she’d seen him naked, but they didn’t talk about that. Or he didn’t, she liked to bring it up because what woman didn’t like seeing a man squirm uncomfortably?

The room on the D’Lessio wasn’t big, but it was enough for her to piece her equipment together, four consoles arranged in a semi circle, built to her own specifications. She could feel the familiar buzz crawling up her spine. They were heading for TSE space, through some back route, (she made a mental note to grab the intel about these routes from Jorus at a later date), that meant she was their cybernetic eyes and ears.

Good, she’d not poked the Sith yet, would be good to see what they had for her to play with. She connected the last console to the ships power, wincing slightly at the brief flicker of lights as she did. “Okay, wakey wakey, rise and shine.”

Four holographic screens came to life, for a moment, the were blank, then information began to trickle through as they linked with the D’lessio’s own systems. A wave of the hand and once screen split into three, rising up above the others as she drew them in. Good, all responsive. She grinned.

"Locked and loaded, Captain," she commed the bridge "I hope you brought me some place nice for our second date."

[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]

Thinking, he debated, and shook his head.

"I can, but not how you think... More of a... Well... You might not like it if I explain it, given your history with temporal muckery... But... I can sort of... Make us a blurry spot in time... I think... Fighting Sight and Flow Walking are all about manipulating the flow of time to view... Logic says if I tweak that, I can make it so we just... Don't appear to be there... Mass and gravity would be detected, but not much else if i'm right. I've never tried it though, just thought about it. Could very well kill me. Or break me. Or we get there 20 years ago, or 20 years from now... It takes me, you glass them all after you get her out. And make sure my son knows about his home, and his father."

With that, his eyes closed and his hands opened palms up, relaxing as his legs came into a crossing below his knees. And quite suddenly, the air in the ship began to sorta of wrinkle, like heat waves off a summer road.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Simone"]

[member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Simone"]

The hair rose on the back of Jorus' neck as Julius got to work with something Aing-Tii and downright weird. He concentrated on the route and the task of accelerating them beyond the ship's impressive top speed. Simone's voice on the intercom threatened to disturb his focus.

"Depends what you call nice, Dazzle," he said. "We're headed to a former Mandalorian penal colony. Beskar asteroid moonlet called Echoy'la, means something like sorrow or desolation. Oh, and it's in Sith space."

The D'Lessio torqued a full ninety degrees, still in hyperspace, and the air and light went weirder for a moment. The gunboat shook hard for about half a second, vapor hissed from a console, and Jorus adjusted course again. He hit the intercom to speak to the whole skeleton crew.

"We've just reentered the galaxy and we're still going fast. Gonna cut down to normal speed so we don't light up every Sith hyperspace monitor from here to Kaas. Should be hitting the Echoy'la system in a couple minutes. Couple hours after that, we'll make planetfall. Everyone think lucky thoughts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom