Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illegal Salvage: Torolis (Open)

1bad5b34e780d484dbbbf0c7b595c210.jpg
Just Outside the Torolis system
TGE Space
Ships Brought:
Rozilyn- Reclaimer 1
---------------------​
[member="Xhernai"]​
OOC: Feel free to say Drake picked you up last port call.​
" A little closer Danni."

"I'm trying!" She growled over the Comms. The Reclaimer one, boxy with cranes and drones swarming about it moved in a bit closer to the derelict Star Destroyer. It was an old Victory One he'd picked up on their scopes. Danni had cautioned against it, but a spacer down on his luck does damn near about anything.

As he drifted closer to the airlock he readied his torch, tapping a few commands into his arm mounted datapad.

"How those scopes looking?"

"Clear.... for now."

"Got the warning drones deployed?"

"Yeah we'll know if anyones comin'"

"Great, hold that thought."

His hands met the airlock, and he set the torch to it. Meanwhile Danni and crew directed the Construction drones as they floated over the hull, sonar mapping it, and checking for breaches.

"This thing looks ok. Might be able to haul it off and refit it."

Plasma met durasteel, carving a huge blazing red rent in the flesh of the airlock. Droplets flash froze as he cut through, fog condensing on his space suit.

"I'm just curious as to why the Empire abandoned this one. I'm going in to check the insides. If the wirings good and the reactor is still there, we'll take her. Otherwise we'll strip her down. Send me a couple more ahnds will ya?"

Danni nodded from the bridge, glancing over the five hundred meter long deck of the Rozilyn. Cranes began to spin up, clearing external cargo pods so they deploy the recovery bots. She lit a smoke, just as Drake busted through and swivelled in her chair, letting a plume escape.

Dark eyes glared from under her long black bangs.

"You heard him Tesar. Get your ass out there."

Tesar was an old Rodian, long past his prime. Clad in boots, trousers and a yellow jacket with an eye patch. He grinned, shiny white teeth contrasting his green scales.

"Moving now."

"I'm In."

"Great, sending Tesar to you."

"Great."

Drake stepped through the airlock into the dark bowels of the vessel. He was in the lower quarters, in a yawning hangar bay that looked as if it had been blasted to pieces. He grunted.

"This baby saw some action."

He slapped his helmet, flicking on the headlamp to illuminate the place and knelt down. His mag boots kept him locked to the deck as he glanced around. A few old TIE Fighters remained, some missing panels. He could see where the outlines of bodies used to be. Something had exploded pretty hard here.

He made a mental note and then clicked the comms.

"Well not looking promising. Something fethed up the lower hangar. Moving towards the bridge, gonna see what the crew logs have to say."

Tesar arrived just behind him, giving him a sarcastic salute as he floated in, then clicked his mag boots and dropped to the deck.

"Looks like crap."

"Aye it does. Could be promising elsewhere though. Readings on the outside ok?"

"Few scrapes, nothing major. Minor hull breaches."

"Should be cheap to refit then. C'mon," He said, drawing his grey .44 Revolver. With a two hand grip he moved across the empty hangar into the hallways beyond. Tesar followed suit, his own Disruptor Carbine held at the high ready....

Zero G environment made it easy for the corellian to move duralloy panels he had been laboring on for the past few days. Gaen Rhade had cut multiple chunks out of the hull of the old abandon victory 1 star destroyer, for the purpose of his planned upgrades to his own ship. The 'Jaggalor' was a old Yt-1300 that has been passed down from father to son in the Rhade family for generations. She had served the family well in their small freight business, but since the passing of Kell Rhade, Gaen's father, the business has gotten tighter and with the stiff competition and the ever changing politics of the galaxy the universe has gotten a lot more volatile. Gaen has intentions using the capital grade panels to beef up the hull defense of his precious ship.

He did not expect to have company out in the abyss of space.

"For frak sakes!" The corellian hissed under his breath as his ship's sensors alerted him over their private comms of the intruders. The Jaggalor was nested inside the secondary hangar bay. Gaen was tugging a panel free style through the slightly opened main hangar blast doors, using his zero G space suit's thrusters to give him momentum. He could visibly see the cockpit of the YT 1300, his bulldog 'Chubs" in the viewport nervously barking. The stubby beast hated the klaxon alarm and always freaked out when it went off.

"Move! Move!" he encouraged himself, stubborn not to let go the piece of swag he had in his grasp. He had yet to know any of the details of the intruders, all accept that there was something out there that had triggered the alarm.

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Gaen Rhade"]

They made their way down the darkened halls, both sweeping this way and that with their headlamps. Drake paused every now and then to check a terminal, or plug his data pad into a socket. all systems seemed offline, but the reactor was good and still had a spark in her. Despite the fact they had to cut through like, twenty or so doors to get to where they wanted to go.

Then something else called his attention away, just as he was readying to cut into the bridge.

"Drake."

He grumbled, twisting the knob on his plasma torch.

"Yes?"

"We got something, looks like another craft on scopes."

Tesar looked back at Drake and nodded.

"Kay. Any kinda hostile contact?"

"Not yet. But maybe it's a scout. We're real exposed out here."

"We need to hurry this up Drake."

"I'm going as fast as I can. Have the construction drones scan around for us. Don't fire unless they shoot first though, not trying to make enemies. Also fire up the tractor beams and start getting em locked on. We're gonna haul her away from here."

"Roger that."

Drake shook his head, and fired up the torch, cutting the last door.

"It's always something Tesar. Always."

Gaen glided across the space between him and the Jaggalor, lightly shoving debris away that had entered his trajectory. As he swooped towards the landing bay, he would enter the code on his wrist data pad that had slave circuit command of the ship. The ramp would lower, the metal on metal as the lip connected with the hangar floor would echo in the ghostly void of the star destroyer, forcing the corellian to cringe. He moved with purpose, piling the panel onto the other slabs he had salvaged. His hold was nearly full to capacity with the metal he had collected. Was hard work when one was laboring by himself with only a chubby bulldog to keep him motivated. Now all that was being threaten with this unknown contact.

He would close the ramp and re pressurize the cargo bay, before taking off the EV suit. Gaen then hustled to the cockpit where he could hear his dog aggressively barking at the klaxon alarm and its red alert flashes. The moment Gaen open the cockpit's blast doors his nose was assaulted by the gut wrenching odor of Chubs' flatulence that had forced his master to contemplate his role in the galaxy. This breed of dog was well known for its ability to drool and to out gas a banfa. its bark was so ferocious that one thought it came from some canine predator with a much larger stature and imposing disposition. Not the brindle and white masked wrinkled oversized jowled bundle of joy that was making verbal war in the confines of the cockpit.

Once Gaen was able to stomach the smell, he dared opening his mouth shushing the dog while he took his place in the pilot's seat. The scanners picked up multiple contacts, two being of larger ships and the rest much smaller pings scattered about. "You grave robbing good for nothing scavengers!" He growled at the data screen, recognizing the looks of a professional salvage operation. "This is my score!', though wasn't like he was in any position to negotiate or make actual claim since this was an illegal grab, since he sure as hell did not get permits to snag this ship.

He had enough panels for the project he had in mind, but that did not mean he was done with the ship yet. He still had some room to get some merchandise that could be re-purposed or sold for profit. And he was sure sour over the prospect he will have to up and leave quick before he could fully explore those options.

His eyes scanned the data logs while turning off the klaxon alarm, taking note that he had been pinged by the intruders scanners. He cussed under his breath, his dog tilting his head in confusion from the co pilot's seat. To run, or not to run., that was the question. Gaen began pre-flight checks, while spooling his engines to warm them up for take off.

Well, lets see if this works "Howdy!" His deep soft corellian rich voice rang over the open comes, breaking the silence of predator and prey. "Any chance of y'all karking off?"

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Gaen Rhade"]

The torch was burning hot, making quick time through the lock on the door. Drake almost had a solid line burned through it when Danni hit em up again, this time with a little more urgency in her voice. He growled as he was interrupted. He had to remind himself often how much trouble they'd been through escaping max security prison together.

Otherwise he would've spaced her eons ago.

"Whaaaaaattttt?"

"New contact, patching it through."

The torch made a final hiss, and Drake shut it off, snapping back onto a D-ring of his equipment belt.

Then he listened to the message. He could tell it wasn't the Imperials, which was good. They'd have just started lighting up the whole place, or sent a bunch of Storm Troopers in to kill them. Maybe those black armored types he heard so much about. The thought made him shudder as he considered his reply and reached back tapping Tesar on the shoulder.

"Crowbar."

Tesar handed him a long bar, that he jammed in the door and began to grunt as he wedged the thing open a smidge.

Then he opened his comm line, Danni relaying the message.

"Um hello. Who the hell is this? Any chance you could Kark off? Failing that."

POP!

The door opened some more.

"Maybe we can come to some type of agreement."

Gaen speculated on the thought. This man sounded like a businessman more than a bone picking pirate. Maybe it would be profitable. Lots to think about while his eyes scanned his data screen as the ship went through its pre-flight routine. Engines were humming, all hull hatches were locked down and all systems were looking green. Now it was time to begin setting coordinates into the astrogation computer, making hyper jump possible and safe and not a blind warp into unknown hazards that could end the young man's career and the Rhade bloodline forever. Sure, he could listen to proposition while he plugged away at jump cords.

"I am....." he was hesitant for a minute, but there wasn't really any harm into announcing his real name. Wasn't like he was a wanted fugitive with a bounty on his head.....yet. " I am Gaen Rhade, Captain of the Jaggalore and this is my score!" He boldly announced back to the intruders "But you have my ear, we can work on kind of mutually beneficial agreement!"

"What do you propose, Mr...."

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Gaen Rhade"]

Drake smirked, as the door slid back enough for him and Tesar to squeeze through. He squished through the opening and glanced around. Most of the terminals were still undamaged. Tesar covered a corner, and Drake raised his .44 in a double hand grip, moving to the other. Twin headlamps flooded the room.

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Odd, no bodies."

"Maybe they bailed?"

"Eh maybe," Drake grunted back. He brushed some dust of a terminal in the center of the bridge and began to tap the buttons, firing it up and moving through menus.

"Log's are locked but the reactor looks ok."

"Option two then?"

"Yep."

He knelt, holstering the Revolver and moving his hands under the dash of the console, feeling for a black box.

Then he spoke again through the comms.

"Listen Mr. Rhade. You and I and I sure as feth know that this ain't yours and it ain't mine. It's in Imperial Space still a well. Judging by the look of the thing..."

He paused, hand wrapping around what he sought, a wild grin splitting his face.

"I'm guessing they planned to come back for her."

Then he connected the dots in his head. Salvager already here, hull breaches.

"By the way, are you cutting holes in the ship? Stop that."

He jiggled the box, assessing how strongly it was moored down.

"Tell you what. You grab some stuff, I take the ship itself. Sound legit?"

[member="Gaen Rhade"]

No reply was better than blaster shot to the back he supposed. The black box free in his hand and Drake grunted, stashing it in a large pouch at his belt. The ship was now useless for salvage, but he had the flight plan and pertinent data. Access codes, and anything that might not have been scrubbed from the log would be there.

Maybe the odd schematic for an Imperial Star Destroyer.

"Tesar, this job is a bust. Close the system down and let's jet."

"Danni, we're coming back. Prepare to receive us."

"I'm on it Cap'n. Any luck?"

"Naw ship is toast with holes in it. Won't make a tow through hyperspace. Spool up the drives and plot a solution. Let's get the hell out of here."

"Agreed."

They made their way back to the ship. The airlock doors whooshed closed, and they blasted away, leaving the other guy hanging.

THREAD EXIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom