Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll bring it back.....I swear (Connor Harrison but open to all)

It hit him, like a fist to the gut, The feeling hit him as he meditated in his quarters. All he seen was an image enter his mind, An image of his home on Mandalore and of his Mother.....She was in pain, Immense pain....he felt her pain through his meditation. Seconds later his tiny black eyes shot open and his mind set to racing, his thoughts a blur as he grabbed his twin training sabers and bolted from his dorm mere moments after his vision..

The boy had no clue what h should do or how, All he knew is that he had to get to his Mother no matter what the cost. Tiny feet carried him across the campus of the Voss academy and before he even knew how he'd gotten there he stood silently outside of the large hanger used by the Silver Shadows....

With a moments focus and some nimble finger work he had bypassed the digital lock on the door and quickly slipped inside, Still without a plan. As he moved silently thru the hanger he finally found the switch that opened the main hanger doors, He didn't flip it just then instead he quickly searched around, His tiny eyes locking onto an old Galaxy class Freighter II That he knew belong to Master [member="Connor Harrison"] .....and with a final look of sorrow he flopped the switch to open the door before quickly boarding the Jedi Master's ship.

Once onboard Ryker fired up the engines and raised the ship from the ground as the hangar doors slid fully open. With a slight twist of the controls the ship slowly lumbered out of the hangar and into the night air. As soon as the ship was in the air the tiny Togruta shoved the accelerator forwards and gunned it out of the planets atmosphere where he would quickly set a course to Mandalore and engage the hyperdrive allowing space to warp around him in a blur.....

The chiming on his wrist-com woke him gently from his quarters on Taeli Raaf’s ship. He was somewhere in the galaxy he didn’t know where, but he was on a mission to find out everything he could regarding himself and the Force and the wider worlds out there, and wasn’t returning until he was safe to do so.

Opening his eyes, he sat up bleary eyed, noting the clock on the wall. The wrist com was in his bag, and it took a moment for him to realise what it was, and a little longer still to get up and drag himself to the floor to find it.

Blinking to rid the fuzzy view, Connor pulled it from the bag and held it up, the straps dangling down. It was his ship on Voss – except it wasn’t ON Voss anymore. That soon woke him faster.

”What the hell…”

The wrist-com had come in handy, and at the expense of losing his E-wing to the Sanctum hangar, he now knew what the Freighter was a worthy substitute; the Z7 Droid Brains. Someone other than Connor had started his ship, and taken it out of the hangar. No clearance code entered; just simple theft. Someone in the Sanctum.

Eyes narrowing, he opened the Z7 effectively running the ship and noted it was heading out of Sanctum space? Not for long.

It would only take a simply swipe and tap activation, but the programmed com would now talk to the Z7 and cut the ship’s power. Engines, hyperdrive, weapons – the lot. He wasn’t about to lose this ship and let them walk over him just because he wasn’t there.

He brought the com closer and spoke into it, which would relay over the channels of the ship and hopefully be the voice whoever had stolen his ship didn’t want to hear.

”Whoever you are, you’ve made a very big mistake that will now cripple your future with the Silver Sanctum Coalition. Identify yourself.”

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

The young togruta was quickly flung from the captains chair as the engines died midwarp. A pai ful groan and several curses escaped the young boy as he just as quickly bounced back to his feet and began to frantically try and regain control of the ship...

All he cared about right now was getting to his mother on Mandalore and making sure she was safe after the vision he'd had during his meditation on Voss. The image of her screaming in pain terrorizing his mind as he beat his tiny fists against the console......Then he heard Master [member="Connor Harrison"] 's voice. He swiftly spun on his heels expecting to see the man behind him but saw nothing there. Was the Jedi Master talking to him through the force.....or was he really on board........ Master Connor I'm so sorry I didn't mean to steal your ship but I must get home The boy cried out as tears began welling up in his eyes..... " Please Master I must make it to Mandalore.....i must make it to my Buir before its too late He was afraid to speak his name, knowing he would be expelled from the order for what he'd done but Master Connor deserved to know who had stolen his ship..... I'm Ryker Tal'verda, Padawan of the Silver Sanctum and Son of the Tal'verda Aliit'Buir.......I just want to get to my mother Master

The voice came through, but not one he recognised. It sounded like…a child? A Padawan? Connor slipped down the edge of his bed, the glow of red and blue covering his face from the com in the dark room. All he saw was data readouts, and vocal patterns.

This child was on some mercy mission.

”Padawan Tal’verda, your name doesn’t ring a bell to me. Regardless, I’m bringing this ship back to Voss at once.”

He sat himself up to pinpoint where the youth was.

”You are going to help nobody running off in a stolen ship to your family – you are letting your emotion run rampant and you are feeling things you have no understanding of.”

A typical, reckless situation from the youngster. Connor’s fingers and eyes danced over the small com as he heard the upset sniffles in the background.

NO!! I Have to get to her......She's in danger!! His tone growing .ore and more emotional as he spoke, His tiny form beginning to tingle as he drew from the force around him.....His franzied sorrow turning to anger as tiny pink sparks dance between his fingers..... Just let me get to her before its too late...SHE NEEDS ME!!!!! He screamed in anger as he slammed his tiny fists down onto the control panel with a frustrated scream, Pink tendrils of Force energy creeping from his balled up fists and darting playfully the the ship's electronics.......Possibly knocking them out and rendering control of the ship back to the worried and scared little Togruta

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor could hear the lack of thinking and irrational anger in the youngster in the voice – screaming out and hitting things was clear to hear. Looking at the readout, the Z7 noted a spike in current and a number of warning lights flashed from energy fields rising.

”Tal’verda, listen to me as I shall say this only once – if you continue to fight me then I will have no choice but to send the Masters to hunt you down and bring you in and face possible expulsion. You’re alone and untrained and not thinking straight and likely hood is you will die before you can be of any help to anyone. You can’t even help yourself right now.”

Connor pushed down on his comlink which would begin procedures to take the ship on a U-turn and back to Voss on a pre-programmed auto pilot course.

”You either be the better person and come back and explain your actions and possibly allow a Knight or Master to help you with this issue, or you come back kicking and screaming and I myself will show you the real horror what is out there that you haven’t even dreamt about facing in your worst nightmare.”

Yes, it was a threat, and one that would be administered if this youth showed more insubordination to the Order and to a Master.

Movement.... The ship was moving once more, Bit not towards Mandalore. He could feel the pull as the ship made a quick turn and began travelling back towards Voss....He had failed. Tears openly streamed down his tiny red face as he slowly slumped to the floor, his back tight against the cold durasteel of the cockpit as he cried and screamed.... "Now I'll be expelled for sure!!!! He yelled at the empty ship knowing Master Harrison was listening... "Why not let me get home where I'm needed? No one on Voss cares if I'm there or not!! My Mother is hurt don't you understand that Master?!?!? He felt useless as he sat crying on the cold durasteel.....This was unacceptable, Mandalorians don't cry.

He didn’t say anything, knowing the ship had been reclaimed and possibly the life of this youngster. Heaven knows how Connor may have acted before this self-exile. Now, another test presented itself. Be a Master. Be an inspiration.

”If we didn’t care, do you think I’d be turning you around to go back? No. I’d let you go to wherever you’re heading and I’d let you be killed. Then my ship would be found and your name would be a shameful reminder of how emotions can be a downfall.”

He sat up on the bed, lightyears from where the Togruta was, but giving him all his focus now whilst starting at a red and amber display.

”You cannot do anything for your Mother alone. And how do you know for sure she is in trouble? You’re young and still unaware of your Force perception. What if your worries and thoughts are twisting your mind to make you see the worst? Hm? The line between reality and dreams is big one, but if you don’t know what to look for then it can’t be seen at all.”

Looking up at the door to make sure he hadn’t woken his companion in the other room, he looked back to the com, his eyes glazed over as he stared into the lights but not really focusing on anything as he remembered.

”Trust me, Padawan. I’ve been there. I’ve done what you’re doing now and it only ended in pain for all involved.”

"I'm one of the only Padawans on Voss without a Master to teach me and now I'll surely be expelled for stealing your ship Master Harrison" His tears drying up as he stood, His tiny hands gripping his sabers as thoughts of slicing throigh the security system entered and exitted his mind as quickly as they came.

His hands slowly releasing their hold as he leaned against the wall, Now worried about his own future..... "I could feel her pain.....Her fear...I could feel it all and see it while I meditated Master....My mother never shows fear, She's a Mandalorian..... and she's in trouble "

"I'm one of the only Padawans on Voss without a Master to teach me and now I'll surely be expelled for stealing your ship Master Harrison" His tears drying up as he stood, His tiny hands gripping his sabers as thoughts of slicing throigh the security system entered and exitted his mind as quickly as they came.

His hands slowly releasing their hold as he leaned against the wall, Now worried about his own future..... "I could feel her pain.....Her fear...I could feel it all and see it while I meditated Master....My mother never shows fear, She's a Mandalorian..... and she's in trouble "

Connor silently sighed.

”If you spent more time seeking a Master and standing above the others with determination and resolve rather than stealing their ships, you’d be in a better place. Look. You don’t know she is in trouble – you are worried and missing her, and the pain she feels is what you feel. Being alone. Scared. Fearful.”

He listened to the youth calm his crying and his breathing steadied.

”I worry that these feelings are painting a picture to you that isn’t accurate, and certainly not one to go off alone to solve. What would you do if she were in trouble? Really? What could you possible hope to use against an army of mercenaries or pirates or, worse, Sith warriors? You cry when a Master confronts you for breaking a code – guilt shows. So what would show when a blaster is pointed to your mothers head or a lightsaber coming for your torso?”

The boy let out a sigh knowing the Master Jedi was speaking the truth. His voice now nearly calm as he spoke.

"I really am sorry that I stole your ship Master Harrison and I know your right.....But what if she really is in trouble? How can I just do nothing to help her?

Moving from off the wall, Ryker casually flopped into the captains chair as he thought about what would happen when. He arrived back on Voss....
" Master Harrison?? Whats to become of me when I get back? You said I won't be expelled but I'm pretty sure that stealing a ship belonging to the leader of the Silver Shadows is probably a highly frowned upon venture..."

Connor got back on his bed and held the com up on his knees as he let out a stretch and quiet yawn, adjusting to the darkness in the room.

”First, think of all the beings in trouble in a city… then on a planet…then in a system…then in a sector…then a Rim…then a whole galaxy. Jedi are not Gods, Tal’verda. We sadly can’t help everyone as much as we try. Our aim is to protect those from the advances of the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force. We aren’t police and we aren’t law enforcers. We are keepers of the peace.”

He rubbed his chin, never really having to talk like this so seriously to a Youngling about such a matter.

”If your Mother is in trouble, but we can’t be sure, then I would like to think the correct authorities in the system she is in would help. Sadly, as a Jedi, we can’t be on call to everyone in trouble. But I know that things like this pass, and people in trouble soon get themselves out of it. I feel your emotional state is making things a lot worse.”

Another pause.

”Nobody needs know of your actions today Tal’verda, but you’re lucky I am not there to meet you on your return. When I get back, I will talk to you personally and we will put this incident behind us, but if it happens again, then you will be up before the Grandmaster…but he’s not as scary as me, so that’s not REALLY a threat.”

Connor smiled a little, hoping the youngster would pick up on the little easing of tension.

”If you really have worries, I urge you to seek out a Master on Voss. I would turn to Master Heavenshield, Coci, as she is a good listener. If not, then Master Whitelight. Both are compassionate, but clear in thought and will help you find the root of these feelings about your Mother. It may be, simply, you are missing her more than you’re willing to admit. But there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Don’t try to act like Knight so soon and be the brave one.”

His little head hurt a bit as the numbers kept builidng in his head, finally ridding himself of then with a small shake as he spoke... "That's alot Master Harrison, But I thought it was our jobs to help the galaxy?? And to be the Hero's that save the innocent?"

His demeanor calmed even more as he chuckled, Master Harrison seemed to have a humorous side to him, Hi joke about Grand Master Heavenshield had eased him a bit.... "Ooooo Master Heavenshield wouldn't agree with that I don't think"

"Of course I miss my Mother Master, Don't you ever miss yours?" He sighed a bit before speaking up again... "But what I felt was real pain Master....Tremendous horrible pain...It scared me.."

”Of course you would feel pain – pain is what makes us different to droids and machines. It’s natural. But the Force can great enhance and manipulate our emotions if we do not understand and control them. Remember, the Force doesn’t belong to the Jedi or Sith. It is a life force belonging to us all; it’s how you understand and use it that defines where you align ourselves.”

He was starting to enjoy the feeling of helping others – a new calling for him as a Master.

”And it is our job to help the innocents, protect those who can’t protect themselves. But where do we stop if we choose one planet, or city, or person over another? We make ourselves Gods; choosing who we deem fit to help when shouldn’t the Jedi way be that everyone is equal no matter what their relation to us?”

This was a difficult topic, and one wrong word or phrase could be taken very seriously in the wrong way.

”Sadly, we can’t help everyone. And if you were faced with racing one way to help your Mother on the basis of a feeling, or race the other way to save a farmers whose land was being burnt down and subjected to assault by Imperial agents, what would you do? As a Jedi, what would be your decision and reasoning to help one over the other? Can you answer that?”

He knew the man was right, They couldn't help everyone all the time no matter how bad they wanted too. "Your right Master Harrison. I know we're not gods and I know that we must sometimes weigh our options in order to make the best decision possible.....But it really sucks"

Silence filled the airways as the boy thought seriously about Master Harrison's question for a long moment before finally coming to a conclusion. Even though he didn't like the answer, Ryker knew it was the right and true answer, And in a soft almost mumbled tone he stated.... "The answer is so easy, Yet so truly hard Master.....The answer is...The needs of the Many outweigh the needs of the few...Or the one" He'd heard that somewhere on an old holovid once, And it seemed to fit.

”There’s never a right or wrong answer, kid. That’s the hardest thing to accept but one that will make you an exemplar Jedi Knight one day if you remember to do all you can do in a fair, just and selfless way.”

Connor imagined the view from the cockpit – a swirling blue vortex representing hyperspace on the way back to Voss.

”Don’t let your lust to do good turn you into someone you don’t recognise; don’t let it become an obsession and a curse on yourself. You will falter, and you will stumble. But if you hold yourself high and pick yourself up and know you have done your best each day, that is all we can ever ask of you.”

"You make it sound as though doing too much good could lead one to the DarkSide Master.....I don't want to fall to the DarkSide" A twinge of worry hinted in his voice as he spoke, His tiny eyes focussed out the cockpit and onto the blue swirl enveloping the ship as it raced towards Voss. "Have you ever fought against the DarkSide Master? Have you ever fallen?" No sooner had he asked did he realize that these were questions one probably shouldn't ask someone.

When the Youngling spoke, seeking guidance and reassurance, the desire to sleep was slowly slipping away from Connor, regardless how many quiet yawns he hid.

”Well put it this way, I wanted to be a Master who could control and understand the Dark and Light side of the Force. To be one all knowledgeable and powerful warrior to save those I stood beside using the Force as a tool to do so, any way I see fit.”

Stretching his back a little to change sitting position on the bed, he smiled softly.

”Where did they get me? Self-exiled after losing many friends who I called family, and breaking friendships I valued thanks to my arrogance and clouded emotion. I have touched the Dark Side, and it’s a soulless place, Tal’verda. I’d rather keep my humanity than surrender it to pursue something I would never achieve. What’s the point in greatness if I lose everything that I deem important to me in the process of getting it? I don’t want that.”

He stopped and closed his eyes.

”My lust for power and to be the best Jedi in the Order turned me selfish, confused and cold. I physically and emotionally hurt others, and I’ve never forgiven myself and I don’t know if those involved ever had. Know your limits, Ryker. Don’t try to push yourself past them because once you come off the tracks, it’s a dark and scary ride you will ultimately face alone.”

"But your better now? Right Master Harrison?" Genuine concern filled the boys words as he let out a yawn, He couldn't be very far from Voss now. He hoped Master Harrison really was the only person who knew about this little adventure. The stars outside the ship seemingly melted together as the ship passed through hyperspace. The boys curiosity once more bettering him as his question slipped out.... "Have you ever killed anyone Master?" He doubted he even wanted to know the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom