Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

III - True Love's Kiss

Approximately six months ago...

oVqYfz.png

“Your final test, my precious girl,” Avarisa explained as she stared at him. He was chained to the post, her two ysalamar pets around him negating his Force. Her own was slowly fading as she stepped towards him. “What test?” She asked her almost immediately. He’d been here for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes, she cared but sometimes, with Avarisa around, she almost didn’t recognize him. But watching him chained and powerless, concern built inside her. Avarisa reached a dagger towards her. "End him,” her command was simple and clear. “Why?” Katrine couldn’t help but wonder.

The ancient woman looked at her intently. “We have surpassed such questions. Obey me. It is your ascension. Your training must move on to the next level.” Her hand moved, urging Katrine to take the dagger. “What does this ascend me to? How does killing him help me progress?” Avarisa sighed and approached the boy, tilting her head again. “You have feelings for this boy. By ending his life, you overcome such pesky childish things. Such was my right of passage, as will yours be.” Her hand reached to the back, offering her the dagger again without saying a word. Looking up at him, she hardly noticed when Avarisa moved away from them and she approached, cutting the distance between them. They had met on Dathomir, she didn’t know who he was but her so many questions taught her they were family. Half and many generations apart but a part of his blood was hers. Satara was their common connection. Still, it was who he was that had made her trust him.

Aston had taught her how to heal, he had done his first pinky promise with her, and he had told her he was a Jedi because he chose to be. He chose a lot of things except the fact that he was not Nono’s son. Which she had found odd but now it was okay. Somethings happened for a reason, no? So was this happening for a reason? Avarisa claimed so. She had feelings for him and in order to break free, she had to kill him. Avarisa had done the same once. But staring into his eyes then, Katrine couldn’t help but remember Mother hadn’t killed Father, Father made Mother a Lupine like himself. Nona refused anyone else because of Nono. Hawks bonded for life which was a rare and proud trait for their family. They loved with their whole hearts and built families. And yet Avarisa believed killing someone you cared for was a rite of passage. "Kill him,” the spirit commanded, growing impatient. And yet, Katrine kept staring into his eyes.

She owed him one, Katrine remembered then. Aston taught her how to heal. And even though he claimed she didn’t owe him something, she did. So what would that make her if she took his life now? She owed him. I owe you, in her mind she told herself. I owe you, her mind kept repeating. Then without her realizing, her mouth moved soundlessly to form those same words: I. Owe. You.

A few weeks prior...

Avarisa's teachings had taken their toll on Katrine. Even now as she sat in the grass, looking up at the moon, her mind was near blank. She was growing hungry, she would have to hunt soon. She'd like that, the purple haired lupine was sure. Avarisa preferred her hunting and killing, keeping on an all meat diet. This planet was didn't offer much of anything though, it had been abandoned for so long, nothing grew here anymore. Not as far as Katrine knew. Her finger pulled at the grass, inspecting it. She was hungry, it looked green. And yet, the sight of it made her turn her stomach and drop it. "You're hungry, you should eat," Avarisa's voice reached her ears before she had even seen her, the ancient woman coming to sit beside her. When Katrine looked at her, the spirit's expression seemed soft, as if she was going to touch her. She couldn't though so that was out of the question. She missed that, she realized, being able to hug someone. She missed her parents deep down, she missed her pack. She missed being able to run with them for the good of the run not just because her stomach was grumbling. Those thoughts were deep. On the top, there was hunger.

So, when Avarisa had told her to eat, she stood, beginning to remove all her clothes, dropping them to the side before she had began to change, her human body morphing, her bone cracking and shaping into the animal that she was underneath. It had taken her a couple of minutes to transform, with only a few years shy of her next stage of development. As a wolf, Katrine roared at the moon above her, feeling a sense of freedom. Whatever Avarisa's gain was in wanting her to change and hunt but once her fur was white, her sapphire blue eyes looking out into the wilderness and her nostrils already taking in the heighten smells, there was a sense of freedom. It was in that freedom that Katrine broke into a run, smelling her next pray in the distance, her feet coming into a full gallop as she sought out her dinner. The prey wasn't far so it heard her, breaking into a run as well. Soon, she was chasing her victim, jumping over her obstacles and letting out roars as she moved, not holding back at her. The animal came into her sights, a magnificant creature, its heartbeat increased as she was aware of her predator. And when given the chance of achieving higher ground, Katrine took it, jumping down at the prey and holding it down, biting into her.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

It was always cold in space, and that was probably the best thing for anyone if they were Aston Jacobs. The young Jedi had been quite the traveler as of lately. He never stayed in one area for too long, and was always on the move. There was probably an underlying reason for such a thing however he didn't want to dwell to much into it. Aston always thought that there was something else driving him, pushing him along a path that wasn't like his sibling.

He was happy he wasn't like that though, that sort of thing came with much responsibility and he wasn't ready for a burden like that.

At least not yet...

The sound of a lightsaber could be heard slashing and cutting through the air as the Jedi Knight trained vigorously. While training on his own had its perks, there was so much more and bigger things to learn out there. Perhaps a time would come, and maybe that was when he would settle down.

A loud beeping came through the small vessel that caused Aston to relax for a moment as the blue blade retreated back into its hilt and he grabbed the towel nearby and wiped the sweat from his brow. He walked towards the front and then noted that it was a message that came through and once he heard the voice he immediately became concerned as the voice was non other than [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

The Jedi tapped on the navicomputer easily enough and buckled himself in as the ship shot out of hyperspace abruptly with a small jerk and then the ship settled in. Aston directed the vessel towards the closest planet, the only planet where the message could have come from. He planned to enter the atmosphere and fly overhead a few minutes and then set it down somewhere near the forested clearing and find Katrine.

She was family after all, and very special to him.

oV4qZD.jpg

The Lupine was well away into eating her pray when a sound distracted her, her animal head rising abruptly to identify the sound, her snout and mouth bloody. Sounded like a ship, her mind recognized even int his state and yet, it was impossible, no? Ships didn't venture to this planet, not one had come near since she had arrived here over a year ago now. It was just her and Avarisa. Just her and the spirit, who grew stronger each day. The thought made the wolf roar in anger. Only in this state, there was a coherency, a clarity.

And yet, the sound of ship had now made her want to investigate, leaving the half eaten pray as she ran to the source of sound, making her way through the forest, avoiding trees and obstacles on the ground as her sense of smell soon enough identified a humanoid in the distance. It was without question, she recognized as she grew nearer. It wasn't just that though, she felt even from this far. It was a familiar scent, one she knew. It made her run faster and higher, hurrying to the source of the scent, pausing only when she had come to see the familiar face. Almost immediately, Katrine had roared loudly towards the figure. Is he real? The animal had thought to herself as she watched him with her sapphire blue gaze, studying him as she slowly drew closer. Is he here? Avarisa played many tricks on her mind, and often, in her training and yet, his scent was undeniable, the wolf realized as she inhaled deep, slowly stepping towards the taller figure.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

The ship touched down and the Jedi quickly lowered the ramp as he lightly jogged down it and he was upon the earth. The young mans' blaster on his left side of his hip and his lightsaber on the other. You couldn't be too sure what would happen here, and as he got a glimpse of this place he was beginning to wonder whether or not she was really here. This place didn't seem like an every day luxury to be on, Nar Shaddaa was not picnic, but he'd take that place over this thus far.

Aston's senses picked something up as he pulled his blaster and that was when he heard the roar from a creature nearby. The Jedi turned quickly towards it, the blaster pointing towards it. The creature was a wolf, a very familiar wolf.

"Katrine?" The Jedi said as the weapon was calmly pointed towards her, if it wasn't her, he wouldn't definitely put it down if it was trying to harm him.

"Katrine....?" Aston called out towards the wolf again, while he knew she couldn't speak through this form, but she would've given him an indication that it was her. The longer they stood though, that feeling was coming back, he knew that it was her.

What was she doing out here?

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

oVqYfz.png
The sight of the blaster made her growl at first, the sound quickly turning in a gentle whimper, the corners of her mouth turning upward slightly as she smiled in her wolf form, coming down to the ground completely before she started to the move forward in the position for a few moments, the only way she could think right now to show him she was no threat to him, her tail waging something fierce to display her joy at the sight of him before she finally couldn't take it anymore before she stood and hurried to his side, coming up close to sit right in front of him.

She was impatient for him to lower the blaster, giving out a quick bark at him when she did, calling for his attention. Inside her head, she thought of a number of things she wanted to tell him. I missed you. Where have you been? How did you find me? How did you get here? Why did you come? But they all remained nothing but thoughts as she barked again and stood, turning away from him and moving a few step away from him before she looked back, looking back at him, another bark leaving her mouth to call him to follow her before she continued, her slow step quickly turning into a light run back through the forest. She was leading him back to where she had started before he had arrived, slowly running through her obstacles. She looked back from time to time to make sure Aston was following her before she'd continued, reaching her destination faster now with a shorter detour than the original hunt had taken.

Aston wasn't behind her right away but Katrine wasn't all too concerned as she began to concentrated, changing back into her humanoid form. A couple of minutes later, she took form and moved to her clothes, putting on the simple dress over her head and turning to wait for him. Once he joined her, he would be greeted with questions: "Where have you been? How did you find me? How did you get here? Why did you come?" It all came back, just like in her thoughts before she realized she'd missed one thought. "I missed you," she added in the end.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

It wasn't long before she took off, and Aston was right after her. While quicker than he was in her wolf form, he wasn't too far behind. Aston's greatest ability was his greater stamina, speed and quickness as he recalled when he was younger racing across Dathomir during the rain and storms. A few moments time and he was getting quicker,faster and more agile than ever before and that was without the use of the force.

Aston finally appeared before her and she launched her usual various among of questions as she usually did which Aston had gotten used to already. He smirked and then chuckled a little bit before he could answer.

"I've been everywhere you can think of." He answered easily enough, while he never could stay in one place, his training never reaching its peak as he couldn't replicate the the strength and willpower that his sister had during her time. Aston always felt stuck, like he was waiting for something to come along that never did. Definitely the black sheep of his family as he often wondered why he was even alive right now.

And he often wondered if he should be.

"I got a message, and I thought you were in trouble. So I came as quick as I could." Aston said with a small smile as he looked her over to see if there was anything out of the ordinary.

"I've missed you too."

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom