Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship IFW LAAV/i Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
HLAAT.jpg

Image Source: Fractalspounge
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: IFW
Model: IFW LAAV/i-class Assault Gunship
Modularity: Variable Missile Launcher load out
Production: Minor
Material:
* Quadanium Steel armor and Frame
* S-c4.1 multi-range TAG
* T-s9a targeting computer
* N-s6 Navcon
* F-s4 flight avionics system
* I-s3a solar ionization reactor
* P-s5.6 twin ion engine
* Deflector Shield Generator

Classification: Dropship/Gunship
Length: 20 meters
Height: 4 meters
Width: 15 meters

Armament Rating: 18
2 Dual IFWLS-12 Laser Cannons
4 BAR-1 Autocannons
2 IFWMG12 Variable MIssile Launcher

Defense Rating: 14
Quadranium Stell Frame
Quadranium Steel Armor
Standard Ray and Particle Deflector Shielding

Squadron Count: 3

Special Features:
Standard Ray and Particle Shielding

Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: none

Strengths:
Durability - The LAAV/i-class is made of very durable Quadranium Steel.
Heavy Weapons - The LAAV/i has a heavier weapons load than standard gunships for infantry support.

Weaknesses:
Reduced Maneuverability - The increased mass from the heavy armor and weapons load make the LAAV/i much more difficult to turn and evade incoming fire.
No Hyperdrive - The LAAV/i is a carrier-based craft and has no hyperdrive
Reduced Squadron Size - The LAAV/i is much heavier than most craft its size and requires twice the storage space to accommodate the increased weight
Reduced Transport capabilities - The LAAV/i is far more armored than the previous gunship classes and can not carry as much load.

Description: The LAAV/i-class is a heavily armored and armed light shuttle for use in assault missions.

History:
The LAAV/i-class is based on the old republic LAAT type assault craft. The engineering team at IFW have studied various types of the old craft and created a craft that is far more durable in battle with an armament to rival the original.

Design:
The LAAV/i-class utilizes durable Quadranium steel in the frame and armor plating to give the craft very good survivability allowing it to get its payload to its target. The LAAV/i is a bit larger than it's predecessor and far better armored. This allows it to withstand much more punishment but limits its carrying and maneuvering capabilities.

Armament:
Offensively the LAAV/i-class is equipped with four BAR-1 Autocannons which act as the crafts main weapon system. 2 IFWLS-12 Laser Cannons aid the autocannons when needed.The offensive systems are rounded out by two IFWMG12 Variable MIssile Launcher fixed to the dorsal hull of the craft , each housing twelve variable warhead-tipped missiles. These can be chosen, upon loading, from a wide variety of warheads for different mission profiles.

Complement:
The LAAV/i-class is capable of transporting 20 troopers

Development Thread: None
Intent: To Make a Dropship for open market
Who Can Use This: anyone
Primary Source:
LAAT/i wiki

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Lash said:
4 IFWLS-12 Laser Cannons 4 BAR-1 Autocannons 2 IFWMG12 Variable MIssile Launcher
This looks like it is a bit over in terms of weapons to me compared to our template gunship with the same rating of 14, especially with the autocannons being worth 2 laser cannons each according to that sub, and each variable missile launcher carrying 12 missiles.

Lash said:
Squadron Count: 12

Squadron count also looks a bit high compared to the template gunship. Is there a reason for this? Or a balancing factor?

I do think that the lowered maneuverability and the lack of a hyperdrive compensate for the passenger count.

Lash said:
Armament Rating: 18

Lash said:
Defense Rating: 14
You're on the heavily armed side, and also very close to the heavily defended side. Your speed and maneuverability are right around where I'd ask for considering the size and general loadout of weapons and what the ship is made of. Lacking a hyperdrive for a starfighter isn't exactly out of the norm, nor is it really out of the norm for a dropship.

However, we have a few things outlined in the template.
Armament: (You may provide your armament in list format and must provide your vessel an Armament Rating on a scale of 0-20, where 0 is no weapons, 1 is very light weapons, 5 is light weapons, 10 is average weapons, and 20 is heaviest weapons. Armament Ratings are scaled in relation to the class of ship, meaning a Starfighter will not equate to a Destroyer. Armament Ratings provide only basic weaponry unless the ship also has a breakdown of weapons. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Typically requires development: Anything above 16 for a max size vessel. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology)
The same goes for defense, obviously. Now, if there was a proportionate difference between the two, say lightly armed to heavily defended and vice-versa, we can make exceptions to this. However, your Armaments is over 16 and your defense is nearing it. Your vessel isn't at the max size, it isn't even halfway there, and while speed and maneuverability are low - to right around what a freighter that was about double the size of this would be - it's not enough to make up for both the heavy armaments and defenses at mass production. (Speed chart spoilered below for ease of reference)
f31b3248-e50f-4f26-9cea-ca8f9a2c8aa2_zps5e770d7d.png
So here's your options:
  • 15-20 posts of development to retain mass production.
  • 10-15 posts to retain minor production.
or
  • Edit production to limited or below.
or
  • Lower Armaments to 16 (Or some combination of lowering it & defense, something to a similar effect as proposed)
This isn't an insanely armed ship, it isn't incredibly defended either, but the submission is at the point where I need development to approve it. Fifteen posts of development will let you retain everything you have here at either minor or mass production, you can fall anywhere between ten and fifteen and keep minor or go anywhere from fifteen and up and keep mass production. Alternatively you can either change production to limited or reduce your armements to 16 (or reduce armaments & defenses in any way which gives the same effect, as long as armaments are lowered to at most 17).

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
[member="Spencer Varanin"]

I restored it to as close as I could remember.
Added the Increased armament strength as it was needed
added the reduced squadron size weakness as it has been reduced per Gir's request, I honestly have no idea why I put 12 there to begin with.
added the reduced transport weakness because it cannot carry as many troops and any vehicles like the previous LAAT variants.
lowered production from Mass to minor. I originally intended this but forgot to do it when I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom