Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private If You'd Have Me

Tides of Change

eNPiFUf.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
At the Jedi temple on CORUSCANT...
DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png
The hardest thing a person can do is admit they're wrong, especially when it takes the death of someone you care about to make the revelation real. Elias had spent the last few years in seclusion - or in hiding, as some might call it - while the galaxy carried on around him. He kept quiet on Bogano, building a shrine to his own cowardice while the Maw waged war across the stars. It cost his brother Tarus Undara Tarus Undara his life. It likely cost dozens, maybe even hundreds of other Jedi their lives as well. He knew that the interconnectedness of the Force was a web of life, not a means of punishment... but his cynical mindset insisted that his hubris alone had done untold damage to the New Jedi Order.

He hoped to redeem himself, whatever it takes. Whatever the cost, he'd pay it if the Order would allow him. Especially now that the New Imperial Order was turning the cold war awfully hot on Ilum...

Elias cleared his throat nervously as the revered Sword of the Jedi entered the chamber. He rose to his feet as she approached, eyeing her carefully. The Gentian had spent many long hours contemplating what exactly it was that he wanted to say, but the final verdict was to wait and allow the Force to guide his words when the moment arrived.

And there it was, standing before him, behind the fiery glow of Valery Noble's piercing eyes.

Master Noble,” he said with a bow of the head, “it's always a pleasure.

Last edited:

05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Elias Edo Elias Edo

With a gentle hiss, the elevator made its way down from the Council Chambers to reach a lower floor, and Valery stepped out to pass through the Temple's long hallways. It was a quiet day, and for the first time in months, she had no business related to the war to worry about, and no class to teach. Her Padawans were training on their own, and her daughter was attending some of the youngling classes today.

This kind of peace and calmness almost felt alien to her now.

But it was welcomed on a day she had dedicated to personal training, rest, and most importantly, helping a former NJO Jedi possibly settle back into the order. With everything happening out there in the Galaxy, it helped tremendously to have more Jedi together within the same Order, so this was a cause she was willing to commit great effort into.

When she finally entered the meeting room, Valery dipped her head once she had caught his attention, and flashed the man a kind smile. "Master Edo," she said before closing the door behind her. "The pleasure is all mine."

She stepped further into the room and kept her eyes locked with his. It had been a long time since she heard about him and his work, and a lot has changed since then. Still, she was glad that he had returned. "I read your message but just to confirm... how can I help you today?"

Tides of Change

eNPiFUf.png

DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png
"I read the reports from Ilum and Metellos. The Empire rises again, it seems," Elias said matter-of-factly. A few years earlier, he'd have gone on one of his tirades, urging her and the Jedi Council to take action. Arguing over the Jedi's place in the galaxy during times of war. But Valery knew all too well what the Imperial Order was capable of. She didn't need him to lecture her.

He sighed.

"I'm tired of hiding, Valery. Pretending that if I meditate, study, train my mind and body, that the threats of the Dark Side will go away. After I lost my soldiers in that attack... I made a vow to never use my blade to strike down another man."

Elias swallowed thickly, the bitter memories almost palpable. Several years had passed since Phoenix Team perished at that Imperial outpost, his men slaughtered like dogs on account of bad intel. Their sacrifice had been in vain all this time, but maybe now he could make their deaths mean something. He could make Tarus' death mean something.

"Long before that, I made another vow. When I first joined the Jedi Order, I swore to protect this Alliance and its people from the forces of evil. If you'd have me, I would like to uphold that promise."

His shrewd eyes studied Valery for a moment before he said plainly, "I would like to return to the New Jedi Order, Master Noble."

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"They have and likely are even more brutal than before." They were already experimenting with a prototype superweapon, and she had her personal encounters with the Empire that showed her enough. The Maw still remained top priority to be taken down, but the Empire was not far behind.

She then listened to Elias as he talked about the choices he had made in life, and how they came to be. From a Jedi who had sworn to protect the Alliance and keep the peace, to a man so broken that he made vows against all forms of violence. Now, with the Empire becoming increasingly more aggressive, there was another shift in how he felt the Force was guiding him through life.

"I would like to return to the New Jedi Order, Master Noble."

Valery blinked at the change in how he addressed her, but it helped her realize just how serious he was and how important this was to him. With a gentle smile, she dipped her head in response after a moment, acknowledging the request. "Then I'd like to welcome you back to the New Jedi Order, Master Edo," she said with a faint smirk.

"Is there anything else I can do to help you settle back in nicely? Paperwork should be easy enough."

Tides of Change

eNPiFUf.png

DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png
Elias bowed his head once again, dipping it low to show how truly honored he was. Given his record with the NJO, he was honestly a bit taken aback at how quickly she reinstated him. Whether that was a testament to his contributions before leaving or a grim indication of how desperate the Alliance had become, he could not say. He decided it wouldn't do any good to ponder and turned his focus to Valery's inquiry instead.

"Actually, there is," he said, a note of uncertainty in his voice.

"After I left the Order, a small number of Jedi came to my refuge in Wild Space. They joined me in creating a community of pacifism, seeking enlightenment through the Force rather than the blade."

The Genetian paused for a moment, letting his words sink in. He knew Valery would understand his request.

"If there is room for us, I'd like to offer the aid of my enclave on Bogano. Among us are many great healers, scholars, and teachers who would love nothing more than to provide a haven to our brothers and sisters of the Order." He blinked slowly, a glint of shame reflected in his eyes.

"For our complacency in these last few years, it is the least we can do."

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Actually, there is,"

Valery tilted her head curiously and listened to the request that followed. Elias seemed a little uncertain about it, and she understood why that was, but the offer got her to smile. "That's a very kind offer to make, and one the NJO appreciates greatly. Many of our Temples have been attacked over the years, so not that many remain."

"It would be lovely if we were welcomed to the Bogano Enclave,"
she said with a dip of her head.

She then looked at Elias and noticed some shame in his tone when he mentioned the 'complacency' of the Enclave over the last years, and Valery quickly did her best to offer an assuring smile, "Yourself and the other Jedi there followed the will of the Force to create what you did, and just because things are changing now, doesn't mean you made a mistake back then."

"We welcome all Jedi into the NJO, and we look forward to meeting you on Bogano as well. Perhaps I'll have to make a visit quite soon and introduce myself. Make sure that any remaining apprehension or tension fades,"
she offered in return. "This is a time to stand together, after all."

Tides of Change

eNPiFUf.png

DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png

"Perhaps I'll have to make a visit quite soon and introduce myself. Make sure that any remaining apprehension or tension fades," she offered in return. "This is a time to stand together, after all."

The chagrin almost seemed to melt away as Elias listened to Valery's suggestion, his lips parting into a grin almost as bright as his golden eyes.

"My people would like that very much. We would be honored to host you and any others of the Order who might find interest in our little sanctuary among the Rim."

With that, the Genetian extended an open hand for Valery to shake. Pleasantries and formality be damned, Elias wanted her to know how personally fulfilling her acceptance had been. Should she accept his gesture, he'd shake her hand firmly, dipping his head.

"To our renewed friendship, and to all those it shall protect."

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Then I'll make sure to put it on my schedule right away," Valery said before she reached forward to shake his hand with quite a firm grip as well. A few years ago, she had been a little saddened that a group of Jedi left to form this Enclave, but she understood their perspective at the same time. As far as timing was concerned, though, they picked the right moment to make a return. The Alliance is making moves to liberate the core, and the tension with the Empire after Ilum has been growing as well.

The additional help of more Jedi Knights in the Galaxy would be welcomed.

"To a renewed friendship, and a better future for all," Valery smiled and withdrew her hand. "If you plan on returning to Bogano anytime soon, let me know and perhaps I can join you for the journey if that's alright?" she asked. She wouldn't mind going there alone but traveling with the man who had offered them leadership would help break initial barriers more easily.

"Until then, feel free to make this Temple your home, and if there's anything I can do to help you, just let me know."

Tides of Change

eNPiFUf.png

DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png
"I'd love the company," Elias replied with a smile. His golden eyes already seemed much brighter than before, as if the exchange had lifted a huge burden off his conscience. Indeed, it had. Very seldom did opportunities for atonement come around like this, and Elias graciously took them.

"I've some business to attend here at the temple, but I expect to return to my people in a few days. The honor would be mine to bring you to Bogano, Master Noble." A moment passed before he added a grateful "thank you" with a bow.

This clean slate he had been afforded would not go to waste. Already, Elias was imagining what he could do to make good on his reinstatement. He couldn't wait to return home to Bogano and share the news with his fellow Jedi. Times were troubling, but this would lift their spirits greatly.

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Perfect, I look forward to it," Valery said while she beamed him an equally warm smile in return. The trip would be a welcomed break from fighting, teaching, and training, but it was still important for the Order at the same time. Her friends often gave her crap for somehow turning a break into training or something that didn't involve just relaxing, and this was definitely going to be one of those times.

She could live with that, though.

"Very well," Valery said before she raised her vambrace and offered her comm frequency and codes. "Let me know when you plan to depart, and I'll be ready."

She bowed in return and turned around to depart, "It has been my pleasure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom