Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you build it they will conquer the Galaxy

Returning from the celebrations on Ord Mirit Viktor was eager to get back to work. Specifically stage two of his plans. He had spoken to the Emperor's representatives and now it was time to get down to the specifics of what he needed to actually make his idea happen. In order to do so he had requested senior representatives from the One Sith Navy and Army.

Viktor stood outside of the Starport with his assistant and a lone guard waiting on his guest to arrive. He wore his normal suit neatly pressed. Part of him wondered if the suits sent the wrong message. Perhaps it would be a better idea to switch to the uniform. Maybe even a set of lighter armor. He shrugged if off getting an update from his assistant on the status of the current building projects. He nodded looking over the figures and dates. Some of them were ahead of schedule, some right on schedule, but two of them were behind schedule.

"What is the hold up on these two projects?" "You know we have deadlines to meet." "Get me a full report."

The assistant nodded as Viktor turned to hopefully address his guests.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] [member="Isamu Baelor"]

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
The never-ending onslaught of battle after battle, and campaign after campaign, started to wear down on the stalwart soldier. The constant struggle beat him down. Some in the Sith thrived in such conditions, but Isamu was not one of them. Where they fed on the unending wars, Isamu was drained by them. Where their powers grew, Isamu’s health declined.

Isamu’s new orders were a stark departure from the usual. There was no battle to be fought, no enemy to be crushed. He was to serve as a senior representative for the Sith Military, and meet with the Will of Balmorra. It came as a welcome surprise to the High Colonel, and his soldiers. They would have a few days of well-deserved rest.

Isamu stepped out of the transport ship, followed by a number of his best soldiers, and was bathed in the sunlight of the industrial world. He gazed out at the city around him, as it bustled with activity, and what he saw pleased him. There was no war, no battles raging on. They weren’t surrounded by suffering and death. For today, the soldiers who put their lives in his hands, would be safe, and Isamu could relax.

The constant battles had taken their toll on the veteran soldier. His normal haggard appearance looked doubly so. Wounds on his head had been stitched and bandaged. Bruises had formed on parts of his face. And dark bags had formed under his eyes. He was in need of rest, but it had to wait.

As Isamu, and his soldiers, exited the Starport, he took notice of the man flanked by a guard, and an assistant. He wore a neatly pressed suit, a contrast to the worn-battle armor which Isamu still had equipped. “Viktor Alexander…” Isamu thought to himself.

Isamu would know the man he was dealing with. Before arriving planet side, Isamu had pulled records on the politician. They painted the man as a calculating politician. “Can’t trust a politician…” Isamu thought. He was two years Isamu’s junior, yet had already reached such a powerful position. Isamu was weary of the man.

Despite his misgivings, Isamu had a job to do. He approached the Will, and saluted. “High Colonel. Isamu Baelor. representative of the Sith Military.” Isamu explained, before extendeding his hand out, offering a handshake to the man.

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

Viktor smiled to [member="Isamu Baelor"] shaking his hand.

"A pleasure to meet you Colonel." "Please there is no need for saluting here." "I am a civilian." "Welcome to Balmorra my name is Viktor."

Viktor would also smile and extend a hand to each of the soldiers accompanying the Colonel. Once introductions were out of the way Viktor smiled.

"We are still waiting on a Representative from the Navy." "In the mean time with your permission of course your men are free to grab a drink at the Cantina and get some rest."

He turned to his assistant.

"Drinks are on me and anything else they need."

The assistant nodded making some notes before looking back up just as Viktor was turning back to the Colonel.

"Can I get you anything while we wait Colonel?"

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Isamu Baelor

Isamu could see that same exhaustion in the eyes of his soldiers. "Go." Isamu ordered. "Have your drinks. It's well earned." The soldiers saluted their commander and took their leave. Isamu turned back to Viktor, but was interrupted before he could speak. The soldiers, thinking they were out of ear shot, started to get excited. "Woo! It's party time boys!" one shouted. Isamu let a slight chuckle escape his lips. "It's been a long time since we've had shore leave." he explained. "They'll probably drink the planet into recession." It was rare for Isamu to joke, but today was a rare day. "As for your offer. No. I am content."

Viktor smiled giving [member="Isamu Baelor"] a nod.

"I figured as much." "I think we can handle one little recession for the good of the cause."

Viktor turned watching them walk away waiting until they disappeared from sight.

He glanced towards the entrance to the starport before looking back to Isamu.

"Shall we get to it?" "I can update the Navy later." "If you will please follow me I have an office set up nearby where we can talk."

Viktor turned to move towards one of the nearby buildings waiting on Isamu to step with him before leaving the immediate area.

"How are the men doing Colonel?" "The endless fighting has got to be wearing down on them."

Isamu Baelor

Isamu let out a sigh. "It is." he said quite candidly. "They're normal people. They miss their families. They miss their homes. The constant battle has been hard on them." He cared for his men. To him, they were his family. "Thank you." Isamu said. "For this. For letting the men... for letting them forget the war for a moment." There was sincere gratitude behind those words. When Isamu landed, he did not trust this man, but a good act was a good act. Others in the Sith would not have cared about the soldiers, but this man did. For that, Isamu felt gratitude.

Victor nodded.

"Don't mention it."

As they continued walking Victor let the time pass in silence until they got to the temporary office he had set up for the type of meetings. He offered a seat to Isamu before taking a seat himself.

"I will be brief and to the point." "I invited you here because I want to establish a garrison here on Balmorra." "With such proximity to Republic space we are a prime target for attack."

He paused.

"I will not leave the people defenseless in the hopes that the day the war reaches my border never comes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom