Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private If There's One Thing I Know, It's How to Wear the Proper Clothes

Thelma was doing her best to be as stealthy as possible as she made her way back to her dormitory. Just before she turned the corner at the end of the hallway, however, she spotted someone standing outside her room. Hiding, she peered from behind the corner as the person—a young woman with dark hair—knocked on the door.

Normally this was a typical occurrence for Thelma, whose quarters had become a hub of activity once she opened her tailoring business. But this particular client (if she was indeed a client) had arrived at an... inopportune time.

Wearing a robe over her nightgown, Thelma wasn't properly dressed to meet her guest. Her face reddened at the thought of the questions her attire might raise. People didn't just walk around the Temple in the clothes they wore to bed. Or if they did, Thelma didn't want to be included in the same category as such people. That was why she was sneaking around and trying to avoid being seen.

Ducking back behind the wall, Thelma opted to wait and see if the woman would eventually get tired of waiting and leave. Then she could creep back into her room and get some proper clothes...

Last edited:
Capris was not one to put much stock into presentation. Anyone with a shred of deductive reasoning could piece that much together.

While her graviton towards all things streetwear wasn't necessarily an issue, it left little room for formality in what three outfits she has on rotation. Which, considering the bulk of diplomatic missions being shoved her way nowadays, did prove an issue.

Maybe she could've plucked something reliably upper-crust from Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania ‘s wardrobe, but considering they were fresh off the heels of Batorine a favor like that felt awfully casual. Unearned frankly. And tonight she wasn't particularly keen on dredging up bad memories.

So instead, she mapped her way through the Jedi dormitories, hand hovering over the door of the Temple's resident tailor after an appropriate back and forth. The girl was out of her depth. Inconceivably.

When her first knock rang out with no answer, it took a couple moments to weed out exactly why, the padawan curiously turning her head only to see a glimpse of fiery hair.

"Oh hey, are you that uh.." Blanking, the kid vaguely outlined a dress, air-motioning to curves she did not in fact possess."..gown.. lady?" Capris could only cringe at the involuntary adlib. Seamstress. The word was seamstress. Phenomenal start.

"I- " Capris started anew before seeming to realize the person she was addressing was actively trying to avoid notice "..Sorry, is this a bad time? What's with the uh.." Another vague gesture Thelma's way, "getup?"

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Last edited:
"Oh hey, are you that uh.."

Thelma jumped at the sound of a voice near her, whirling around to face the speaker.

"..gown.. lady?"

"Hi," Thelma blurted. This was as close to an affirmative as Capris was going to get out of her.

"...Sorry, is this a bad time? What's with the uh... getup?"

Glancing briefly down at her nightgown, Thelma fished around for an excuse, but couldn't think of an explanation which wasn't even more embarrassing. The truth would have to suffice.

"I, uh... I sleepwalk," she confessed. "Usually it isn't that big of a deal, but this time I apparently left my room. I woke up lying on the floor in the rec room." That had certainly been a disorienting experience.

"Anyway, yes. I'm Thelma, the local seamstress." A beat passed before she awkwardly added, "How can I help you?"

Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon

"Oh. That's..tough" Capris wasn't sure what kind of answer she'd been expecting, but that certainly skewed more on the abnormal side.

Well by Jedi standards maybe not.

Either way Thelma pushed on. Which left Capris scrambling to remember whatever blurb she'd prepared beforehand.

"I uh- need a dress." The somewhat obvious admission was paired with an awkward neck scratch "Like um- now. Kinda waited till the last possible minute for this but yeah. I've got a mission first thing tomorrow which I guess I have to look semi-presentable for so.."

The girl gestured somewhat defeatedly.

"Idon’tknow, if you want to throw something off the rack I'll take it. I'm desperate."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Last edited:
"Oh." Thelma listened as Capris explained her situation, her eyebrows rising. But there was a twinkle in her violet eyes now, for an uncertain client meant that the seamstress had room to freestyle. Granted, it was also a whole lot riskier, since she wasn't sure if this girl would like what she made... but still. Fun.

"Okay." Turning to unlock her door, Thelma shook her head. "All my clothes are custom made. But I should be able to sew something for you on short notice, provided I can get your measurements."

She opened the door and stepped into her quarters. "Wait here. I'm going to go put something on other than pajamas."

Thelma was only gone for a few minutes before she opened her door again, now wearing a green dress. "All right, here's my tape measure. Do you have anything in mind, maybe a picture of a dress you like, a color or type of fabric you want? Or perhaps something you don't want, so I know what to avoid?"

Intent on not further embarrassing herself, Capris simply allowed herself to be led, meeting Thelma’s words with a series of grateful nods rather than any real comprehension.

Measurements? The girl blinked down at the tool Thelma had returned with in delayed realization. Since when did clothes shopping go from rifling through bins to a scientific practice?

“Uh… “To Thelma’s follow up questions she swept the room for inspiration. Eyes desperate to land on something passable. “...black?” Considering there wasn’t so much as a speck of saturated color on her current pairing of baggy pants and an oversized hoodie, that answer might’ve been easy to anticipate.

Continuing to scour her peripherals, the girl almost dove into another indecisive ramble before her sights landed on a propped open magazine.

“Oh that!” Snatching the picture wrong side up, Capris proceeded to present it to Thelma, breathing a sigh of relief at having removed any critical thinking on her own end. “That’s diplomatic-esque right?”

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Black is always stylish,” Thelma said with a nod.

Before she could do much more, Capris dove for a fashion magazine. Thelma had quite a few of those littering her room. She pointed to a picture of a black jumpsuit with gold embroidery and a sheer cape. "Four hundred and eighty hours of work," she read from the description. "Meh. Let's make it four hours."

She held out the measuring tape. "You can measure yourself, if you'd prefer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom