Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IE-26 Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a sniper rifle for my character, and the wider Iron Empire.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss_sniper_rifle
Restricted Missions:N/A
Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Iron Empire
Model: IE-26 Sniper Rifle
Affiliation: Iron Empire personnel
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-production
Material: Duraplast, Dallorian Alloy
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Sniper Rifle; Anti-Tank Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: 140mm; 180mm
Weght: 10.0kg; 11kg
Ammunition Type: Maser
Ammunition Capacity: 15; 4
Effective Range: 700m; 500m.
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic; three round burst; automatic. For the anti-tank rifle, it's a single shot.
SPECIAL FEATURES
-Optics
-Electronic Magnification
-Sensor Rod
-Combat deionizers
-Extreme accuracy, like many sniper rifles.
-Features ostrine cooling system

DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
-Can be modified to an anti-tank rifle
-Can be integrated to an armor's HUD

Strengths:
+Packs a heavy punch

+Ion resistance

Weaknesses :
-Heavy
-Variant has low ammo cap & lower range

-Not good in CQ ranges
-Automatic, and burst option reduces accuracy
DESCRIPTION
The IE-26 rifle was a rifle developed by Technomacers from the Iron Empire,working alongside the autonomous Chiss Ascendancy. Developed as part of the program to continue to develop weapons, and to continuously update the Iron Empire's growing stocks of weaponry, the IE-26 was born.

The sniper rifle is primarily based on the ammunition known as a maser. Widely used in the galaxy, a maser contains unique attributes, as it contains both kinetic, and laser energy, a lethal attribute in combat. It also cannot be deflected by a lightsaber, giving Iron Empire soldiers a combative edge compared to soldiers that used more traditional weapons, like blasters.

Combat tests by the Technomacers concluded that the grip of an individual could severely weaken if hit from a sniper rifle & puncture most armors that were tested, due to the power not being able to be compared to that an ordinary charric. Furthermore, the weapon can be modified, it's optics, sensor rod, and electronic magnification. It can also be integrated with an armor's HUD systems, and it features its own bipod.

Another unique feature about the rifle is that it can be extended to make it an anti-tank rifle. It reduces the ammo cap, and range, but it makes it more powerful.

The weapon is undoubtedly versatile, and is a popular feature among Iron Empire soldiers, especially among Chiss soldiers.

Netherworld

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Netherworld

[member="Mala Ciava"]

Pretty neat sniper rifle. A couple kinks to iron out, and you should be good to go. :)

Mala Ciava said:

Mala Ciava said:
-Somewhat heavy

Mala Ciava said:
Weght: 3.0kg; 3.5kg
  • Firstly, of the top two quotes, the second one is redundant, and can be removed.
  • Secondly, 3/3.5 kg isn't heavy for a sniper rifle – it's in fact extremely light. Think more around 10 kg and up.

Mala Ciava said:
three round burst; automatic.

Mala Ciava said:
-Extreme accuracy, like many sniper rifles.
  • Sniper rifles, as you say, are built for accuracy; burst and automatic RoF are inherently very inaccurate, especially over great distances.
    The recoil between the quick-succession shots will throw off the aim and compromise accuracy.
  • There's nothing wrong with these on their own, but if you want to keep them, I'd like you to note that:
    While the three round burst or automatic setting is being used, the rifle's accuracy is drastically reduced.

Mala Ciava said:
Material: Sniper components
  • Could you please just list what kind of metal/compound the rifle is made of? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but it is relevant.

@mention me with edits or questions.

[member="Netherworld"]

I edited. I added in the strength section that it is also versatile; furthermore, I chose to keep the burst/automatic option, and did as you said. I also added Duraplast, with the Dallorian Alloy used for the barrel as the main material. Lastly, I added the cooling system.

I wanted to add reflec, although I was wondering, will it reduce the production level?

Netherworld

Mala Ciava said:
I added in the strength section that it is also versatile;

Mala Ciava said:
Strengths: +Packs a heavy punch
  • That addition might not have gotten through?
  • Speaking of Strengths, I'd like you to add Ion resistance, as you have these:

Mala Ciava said:
    Combat deionizers
To answer your question, yes, reflec would definitely drop the production of level.
Speaking of which, I see you added an ostrine-based cooling system. Ostrine isn't all that common – definitely not enough to warrant mass production.
So here's your options:
  • No ostrine = Mass-produced
  • Ostrine = Minor
  • Ostrine & Reflec = Limited

Ok. I decided to drop the reflec. I also decided to add the ion resistance to the strengths. In regards to ostrine, I'm not sure that's correct.

From my understanding, per the wookie page on ostrine, was used in what were mass produced items, such as stormtrooper armor. Furthermore, while I acknowledge, and recognize that their is a new version of the factory, three of my old submissions each used ostrine, and no development was requested at a time when it was implemented.

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

[member="Mala Ciava"]

Factory 4.0 doesn't operate on precedent, and we don't request development anymore (except for certain Restricted materials, as per the 4.0 rules).

Regardless, I see your point. In the context of a cooling system, I'm okay with this.

Approved. Pending mentor approval. [member="Aria Vale"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom